March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else enjoy playing without cc or mods?

Comments

• thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    I play the game vanilla as much as possible. By that, I mean only having MCCC and UI Cheats Extension. It's essential you know, haha. I own all the packs and I always find a way to think outside the box and utilize existing features and gameplay elements. I and my ocd can't handle modding: can easily get stuck in endless mod shopping and/or anxiety towards gameplay imbalances brought by mods.
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I use a ton of CC for Sims 2 but I don't use CC in Sims 4, the game has enough obects and they look good.

I do use MCCC for more control and cheats and Zero mods for university to make it cost more and be necessary for promotion. But that's it. In Sims 4 I try to use mods as little as possible, because updating them is kinda tiresome. I've tried meaningfull stories but didn't like them, I think it messes with the game too much.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I play the game vanilla as much as possible. By that, I mean only having MCCC and UI Cheats Extension. It's essential you know, haha. I own all the packs and I always find a way to think outside the box and utilize existing features and gameplay elements. I and my ocd can't handle modding: can easily get stuck in endless mod shopping and/or anxiety towards gameplay imbalances brought by mods.

I have OCD too and this is exactly why I don't use mods, you put it very eloquently so thank you :)
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    there's no way i'm playing sims without mods, mods offer: better personality system for the sims, murder, more emotions, more traits, height slider, attraction system, more control on the game, story progression, bug fixes, other occults, make my sims pose, cars, etc etc.. the modding community is amazing <3 i also use cc but because the fashion on the game is not my style, i mix alpha & maxis match cc.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Up until a couple of months ago I only played without mods or CC. Now my mods folder has literally thousands of cc items and mods. It's like a disease!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I wish I could, but running on a slow computer I at least need MCCC to make filling needs easier, or else I'd spend my entire game doing nothing but that. Also I play Grim as a character & if you don't want to be constantly removing and re-adding his Reaper traits a mod is needed. I do wish they allowed us to interact with Grim as any other Sim, but they don't, so mods come in handy.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I wish I could, but running on a slow computer I at least need MCCC to make filling needs easier, or else I'd spend my entire game doing nothing but that. Also I play Grim as a character & if you don't want to be constantly removing and re-adding his Reaper traits a mod is needed. I do wish they allowed us to interact with Grim as any other Sim, but they don't, so mods come in handy.
    I don't have any issue with interacting with Grim after my sim has introduced them self to him. My sim can interact with him as if he was just another sim out on the street.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I don't have any issue with interacting with Grim after my sim has introduced them self to him. My sim can interact with him as if he was just another sim out on the street.

Ah yes, but unless something has changed recently that I don't know about, you can't have your Sim woohoo with, or try for baby, or marry Grim. To do all of that I've had to use a mod.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    The only CC i've ever used are body hair in CAS, because I like hairy men in real life and the fact that all sims are hairless is.. Weird? Aside from that I've played without any mod for the majority of my playtime but recently I installed the one that overhauls that flip-flopping emotion system (I don't remember its name) and was pleasantly surprised by it, it makes the whole system feel so much more believable.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    I don't use cc or mods
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    utopiamoon wrote: »
    I might be the minority but I prefer to play my game without cc or mods. It just feels unnatural to me. And alot of cc just doesn't look good to me. I understand mods can make your game better but its not for me. Anyone else feel the same?

Mod-free and proud!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I don't know if I would enjoy playing vanilla anymore.

- MCCC
    - Roburky's Meaningful Stories
    - Triplis Lock Skills Mod
    - Default Skin
    - Default Eyes
    - A few preset mouths, noses and bodies

I always check out this list on my husbands computer. If all of them work then I patch my game otherwise I will just keep on playing offline. Currently I am having a lot of fun playing and so much to explore in the game so it is not too much of an issue for me.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,373 Member
    Nope. Oh I could go vanilla but I won't. :D Much more funner with mods/cc.

With that being said, yes, patch time does cause some minor anxiety but with the wonderful broken mods thread by luthienrising, now I don't have to hunt and search mods folder. She's the best!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    No mods or ccc in my game, I find the game has enough stuff and enough clothes in it. many I don't use yet. and i suspect still has many game play in it i haven't found yet. Like I didn't know you can swim in Foxbury and there are sharks there, awesome. so I'm still learning about teh game, I didn't know the way to get the special bunny toy was to collect all the eggs. until I collected all the eggs.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    > @feetinstockings said:
    > No mods or ccc in my game, I find the game has enough stuff and enough clothes in it. many I don't use yet. and i suspect still has many game play in it i haven't found yet. Like I didn't know you can swim in Foxbury and there are sharks there, awesome. so I'm still learning about teh game, I didn't know the way to get the special bunny toy was to collect all the eggs. until I collected all the eggs.

"i suspect still has many game play in it i haven't found yet" true especially that I own all the packs. For me, it's just a matter of mix-and-match of diff. gameplay features and sometimes, roleplaying my way through.

As for CC, I don't build nor create detailed Sims. I randomize stuff and download from the Gallery. I just play their lives, accomplish stuff, try out stuff, throw in challenges -yes, I'm more of a gameplay type of player
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I'm currently on a save which is completely unmodded, no CC at all. It's working out to the point I've deleted my mods folder. There are some items I miss (lots of ATS4, LittleDica and Peacemaker stuff), but by and large I've not run into anything I can't manage. I'm not into anything that doesn't really match the game's aesthetic, so lots of CC just flies over my radar anyway.

That said, I like making retail lots, especially supermarkets. I know Sims don't technically *need* them, and I really don't *need* Sims to need them either, I just like being able to make them. I have never achieved it without CC. Good shelves and products are going to be difficult, I suspect, but I'll persevere with hidden objects and live mode objects and see how it goes. Must. Stay. Strong. :D
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I was going to play w/o mods, but I had to add back the one to keep vampires away. Brand new Sim, 10 minutes into playing and here comes Vlad.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I have very little cc, but I have some mods. From these mods more personality please and control autonomy are the best. With control autonomy my aliens don't randomly erase memory, and with more personality there's autonomous conversation, no idle talk. Also I have a good mod where toddlers come to park with parents.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,368 Member
    edited November 2020
    My game is completely vanilla. I've never used any mods or cc. I'm way too attached to Sims 4 to put the game or my laptop in danger and download something non-official. I also probably wouldn't even be able to use cc or mods because I play on laptop and my game lags a lot even when playing vanilla.
    One more reason for me not to use mods or cc is that I'm not good with computers. I wouldn't know how to fix things if something would go wrong. I'm not interested to pull mods out every time there is an update and then look for the new versions and then put them back. Too much work, I just want to play, not fiddle with the files.

Playing vanilla is easy for me because I'm not high maintenance and my Sims don't need to wear latest fashion cc. I also find there is a lot to do in the game without mods, I don't really have things that need fixing in the game and I certainly don't need more things to do. I'm very low maintenance on everything.
    I also love keeping my game "clean". I don't have most of the bugs that a lot of players seem to have, quite often I don't even know what they are talking about.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I don’t need cc cuz sims 4 has the best CAS and BB items. But I can’t play without gameplay mods ... sims 4 is too ... vanilla and I need mods to spice things up!
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited November 2020
    No. I have a lot of CC because I get on downloading sprees or I want to find something specific or because there isn't enough male hair that I like, but I appreciate the fact that the game itself is providing more and better CAS and objects as time goes on. The improvement is really amazing and I could probably be satisfied at this point without using much if any CC.

I use mods because there are aspects of the gameplay that I either dislike or would just prefer to have more control over, and because modders seem to come up with fixes for bugs or certain gameplay annoyances a lot faster than the devs do (watching a Sim leave a nicely appointed kitchen and walk across a lot to prepare a salad on a garage counter can make me rage quit). I intensely dislike relationship culling so I use MCCC to dispense with it. :P I also like being able to adjust age spans to my preference. There are other things as well. I don't think I could play strictly vanilla anymore and I'm willing to put up with the hassle of updating the mods I choose after patches; the major ones are usually updated very quickly and are easy to replace.
  • foxontherun7foxontherun7 Posts: 51 Member
    I used it in every game up until The Sims 4, actually.
  • AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    I prefer to play with CC, mainly because I like to make my sims look more realistic, as well as the fact that I don't have all of the DLC packs installed. In addition, the gameplay gets boring after a little so I have mods like Slice of Life and Extreme violence to spice things up.

Not to mention, I use MCCC like most people, and UI cheats to keep up with my sims' needs. I actually have over 12,000 files worth of CC, so you can definitely say I need some help...
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »

Ah yes, but unless something has changed recently that I don't know about, you can't have your Sim woohoo with, or try for baby, or marry Grim. To do all of that I've had to use a mod.
    Not that I'm aware of. Yeah you would need a mod of some kind in order to have that kind of interaction with Grim. But that may change once Paranormal drops next week. HaHa!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I use maxis match cc to provide more variation of in-game items. I also just use mods that help with immersion for my decades save. I don't go crazy with it, but some mods fix core problems that is a result of the poor game engine.