Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Worlds Are You Adding Vacation Homes in ?

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Originally I was not really planning to without a desire for a simulated house rental (I prefer purchased vacation homes I can swap between without fooling with the vacation system), but then I remembered a house I have been trying to do something with for literal years.

My favorite world is Midnight Hollow and since I got it I have been trying to figure out what to do with the Garliclauter place as the one obvious human designated home. I have three regular vampire families, their homes, and a supernatural targeted restaurant I place every new game and Garliclauter is the only thing vacant. I even once created a modified version for a spell caster family, but I had to take a break after the build and forgot the family idea I had so that idea was trashed.

Now, though, I am thinking a horror movie esque rental. That would be pretty hilarious, in my opinion. Plus no one would want to stay after experiencing the movie Nosferatu in person.

Make sure to add the Vampire Nexus lot trait, and that'll attract all the vampires to that lot >:)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    What is the point of having a vacation spot if you can just go there, It's not like living anywhere, really, has any special benefits unless you are a merfolk.

I can agree with that. It the same with most venue types. Why put a new bar/gym/spa/etc in the new world when you can just free visit any of the others in any world? The only real reason is story telling and to build emersion.

Sulani is an island world that looks to be mile and mile away from the rest of the sims worlds yet you can visit the beaches there like nothing. With retal lots you can pretend that Sulani is so far your sims can't just take a day trip there.

Speaking of emersion, I kinda wish there as an option to lock sims to their respective world since it kinda shocking at time to see sims from Windenburg (Europe) in Sulani (Polynesia islands) then see them in Brindleton Bay (American East Coast)
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Most likely just Sulani
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I do agree lol but what I'm going too do, if my sims are staying at a vacation home in sulani for example, my sims wont be travelling too all the other worlds, they are only visiting lots in sulani, same with the new world if my sims dont live there, they wont be travelling there unless they rent a vacation home, ideally yes I would of love just picking my residential and vacation worlds and that's it, sulani would of been a proper vacation world and soo would of been the new world, however this is what we got 😂 @ArcherDK
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    edited November 2020
    I think I will make some vacation houses first in Sulani
    probably St.Taz part cause I never really built anything much there
    and it seems like good place for some beach houses and houseboats and yachts and that stuff

and camping rental in that strangerville lot with trailers around it seems like destined to be

and probably at least one penthouse rental for san myshuno

maybe one or 2 rental for the university world too just for idk? i just don't really know what to do with those lots cause I don't want my sims living there so much

not sure about rest of the worlds yet though because I have sort of world rebuilding going on

I have planned to put old style inn for windenburg and fancy hotel for magnolia
    but I will need hotel lot type or something to really use those as lodging cause idk too empty if its just my sims
    ( restaurant bar or spa or something until that)

but i might also add rental houses somewhere with windenburg because there is so many lots

brindleton, willow creek or newcrest doesn't really feel like vacation to me atm at least so probably not in those
    del sol I don't really think i have room unless I put one for the mansion area maybe
    oasis springs maybe but idk yet where
    not sure about what i do with glimmerbrook in general so no comment

forgotten hollow is usually where my sims live so i don't think i will be using those lots for vacations either but who knows
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited November 2020
    Originally I was not really planning to without a desire for a simulated house rental (I prefer purchased vacation homes I can swap between without fooling with the vacation system), but then I remembered a house I have been trying to do something with for literal years.

My favorite world is Midnight Hollow and since I got it I have been trying to figure out what to do with the Garliclauter place as the one obvious human designated home. I have three regular vampire families, their homes, and a supernatural targeted restaurant I place every new game and Garliclauter is the only thing vacant. I even once created a modified version for a spell caster family, but I had to take a break after the build and forgot the family idea I had so that idea was trashed.

Now, though, I am thinking a horror movie esque rental. That would be pretty hilarious, in my opinion. Plus no one would want to stay after experiencing the movie Nosferatu in person.

I've never wanted my Sims to live in Forgotten Hollow but a vacation stay in a haunted mansion is a definite yes for me. Last time I visited the bar there Vlad came in and I also saw him jogging around the streets in his pyjamas.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    For now, def Sulani. But i'll try them all and see how it goes :)
  • shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    Sulani of course for summer vacations!

Brindleton Bay I’m thinking of adding a bed and breakfast kind of resort..

Forgotten Hollow I’m thinking of adding a creepy runned down motel.

I haven’t thought of many ideas for other worlds though I will probably add at least one resort in each.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I posted some ideas in another thread and I thought of one more last night!

Del Sol Valley - I had an astronaut living in the Mirage Park area but he moved and left behind a fully upgraded rocket. Other sims can use his old house as a rental and travel to Sixam.

Sulani honeymoon spots - I really like the peninsula near the little islands. I also want to put one near the volcano because of the waterfall.

Sulani family vacation spot - right on the beach near the fishing dock. I want to catch the events that go on in town there.

San Myshuno - Maybe I will change the lot with the pool, the one with the romantic aura. I could keep the pool and make it feel like they’re using a penthouse at a hotel.

Britechester - I have some houses I use for the students there. I can make a rental nearby for the more clingy parents to come visit.

Brindleton Bay - There are definitely a few lots in the woods that I’ve never used and this would be a peaceful getaway, especially for my family in Del Sol Valley with a dog who likes to hunt.

I definitely want to set something up in StrangerVille as well. I already have Flaming Gnome in Oasis Springs that’s like a Burning Man festival.

Vacation activity suggestion - I want to get more of my sims the ability to teleport. Some of them can be rock climbers but some others are just going to teleport the climb!
  • PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    I have a lot of tiny houses in Willow creek. It would be fun to make a rental for a romantic getaway. Or one in Brindleton Bay near the beach.

• GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I'm actually considering turning Newcrest into a vacation spot all of its own.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member

Make sure to add the Vampire Nexus lot trait, and that'll attract all the vampires to that lot >:)

No worries, it is naturally on the lot with all the ominous garlic. I think I am adding haunted and cursed, too!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I've never wanted my Sims to live in Forgotten Hollow but a vacation stay in a haunted mansion is a definite yes for me. Last time I visited the bar there Vlad came in and I also saw him jogging around the streets in his pyjamas.

I don't remember a bar there naturally. Just Vlad and his house, the Vatores and theirs, the tiny house I converted for another family, the Garliclauter place, and an empty lot I placed my restaurant on. I guess you placed it, but I don't tend to see my vampires out doing the normal stuff much anywhere.

Then again, I just had a moment where I mixed up my favorite Sims 3 and Sims 4 world just last post. Sorry Forgotten Hollow.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Sulani for sure. I don't own it yet, but I will buy it with Snowy Escape once the new updates come out. I also want to build a vacation home in Glimmerbrook, mainly for the Goths who I made into a wizard family. I like to imagine them traveling once a year there to get magical supplies and training for the kids. I might also add one to Strangerville if I every get that pack.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I don't remember a bar there naturally. Just Vlad and his house, the Vatores and theirs, the tiny house I converted for another family, the Garliclauter place, and an empty lot I placed my restaurant on. I guess you placed it, but I don't tend to see my vampires out doing the normal stuff much anywhere.

Then again, I just had a moment where I mixed up my favorite Sims 3 and Sims 4 world just last post. Sorry Forgotten Hollow.

I had put a bar there. I tend to be a bit lazy about bars. As there are so many of them already in the game I copy all of them to My Library and place one of them as I feel is needed with some enhancements, like those attracting vampires, dart board and games! As I wrote, I don't play with the world very much except to try building a few houses there.
    edited November 2020
    telemwill wrote: »
    Sulani for sure. I don't own it yet, but I will buy it with Snowy Escape once the new updates come out. I also want to build a vacation home in Glimmerbrook, mainly for the Goths who I made into a wizard family. I like to imagine them traveling once a year there to get magical supplies and training for the kids. I might also add one to Strangerville if I every get that pack.

Sulani is a beautiful world, your sims can tan or get sun burnt, swim in open water, dolphins, sharks, your sims can dive, snorkel, ride a aqua- zip and go sailing, build sand castles, however if you played the sims 3 island paradise, dont expect it, to be like that, you cant follow you sim under water when they go diving @telemwill
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

Sulani is a beautiful world, your sims can tan or get sun burnt, swim in open water, dolphins, sharks, your sims can dive, snorkel, ride a aqua- zip and go sailing, build sand castles, however if you played the sims 3 island paradise, dont expect it, to be like that, you cant follow you sim under water when they go diving @telemwill

I have a feeling I'll enjoy it just for the beautiful world. I never played Sims 3. I went straight from Sims 2 to Sims 4. Definitely things I miss from the older game though!
    Sulani will be perfect for vacationing, I cant wait too turn the homes I sorted into vacation homes, theres festivals aswell in sulani @telemwill
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I think it's awesome they've opened all worlds up to vacation in but my only issue with it is that they didn't add an additional lot to each world so Simmers could create a vacation lot. Players are now forced to remove a home or community lot to make room for the new lot. It just seems typical for the team to add something that works extremely well with the new world but not so much for all their previous content.

I've always felt like most Sims 4 packs feel very separate from the whole playing experience.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Probably at least one in each. Not only just for vacation but for the storyline of renting a home in an area before deciding to buy, or living someplace temporarily due to relocation for work. I still hope we get hotels eventually, but I am really excited for this update.
    I think it's awesome they've opened all worlds up to vacation in but my only issue with it is that they didn't add an additional lot to each world so Simmers could create a vacation lot. Players are now forced to remove a home or community lot to make room for the new lot. It just seems typical for the team to add something that works extremely well with the new world but not so much for all their previous content.

I've always felt like most Sims 4 packs feel very separate from the whole playing experience.

I personally dont use island living that much although it's a beautiful world and a good pack, I dont have my sims living there, my sims only travel there for the beach but now after the new update, adding vacation homes, I'm going too use mines as a holiday spot only @sims2freak737
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    I'm turning Sulani into a full seaside resort with rental lots, spas and restaurants, as it was meant to be... Yet I don't want to evict pre-existing families what to do what to do, I wish we had more lots.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Definitely Sulani, possibly Brindleton Bay and maybe Indenburg, but I'll see how I like the feature.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm still deciding, but Sulani is a natural for rentals. I'll also do Britechester so my sims can do a more in-depth look at the campuses to determine which one they want to use. Also, it will give me a chance to really look at things to decide what needs to be renovated. Luckily, none of my sims is taking classes right now, so I can change whatever I want without messing up anyone's school schedule.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    @Isharell - If you are planning on editing lots in Britechester, I just want to mention something I found out the hard way.
    I had edited Larry’s Lagoon (Foxbury Commons) to make that the dorm I used because it was closer to classes than the dorms were (and then I replaced one of the dorm lots with a Commons lot). But then when my sim was graduating (by this time he had moved off campus), he couldn’t enter the stadium. All his classmates were graduating but he was stuck outside no matter what I tried. It’s possible he might have still gotten his degree the next day but I really wanted his graduation portrait and he couldn’t get it without properly graduating at the stadium.
    I searched the internet and found out that Larry’s Lagoon is something the game looks for when sims graduate Foxbury, and I had to replace the lot again for it to work (I just loaded a new game, saved Larry’s Lagoon to my library, and placed the lot back).

So be careful which lots you edit in Britechester.