Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Complaining Thread

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
Since the originals still down I just wanted to make this thread as a replacement since there's kind of nowhere to complain anymore and I don't wanna drag down a positivity thread, just merge this with the original when it's back up.

Please let's keep this as a civil discussion and avoid it turning into anything, thank you! :)
Post edited by Onverser on

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The past few days I've turned Forgotten Hollow into a wintery Japanese world and it's just made me feel like what is the point of this pack.
    fWGN2Ys.png
    cTU9Dp6.png
    Ysvokqz.png
    There's already enough Japanese-y style decor in game to create really nice Japanese style houses without this pack, snow is already there in the game so you can already create a winter world, split levelling is coming in the base game, and we already have spa day so you can already create a Japanese spa retreat type lot in the mountains (like the onsen). You can already create a wintery Japanese world, complete with a relaxing spa, without spending 40 bucks on a new pack for it. Just feels a bit of a "what's the point" scenario, you're paying 40 bucks for a few winter sports activites and that's basically the only thing that's actually new, there's a couple nice items that make building Japanese homes slightly easier but that's literally it. It's just... :#
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    I think the point is that we get some of the things that make building a Japanese house more authentic, like the kotatsu table, and the asian paintings and decors and the paper screen windows and doors. I especially love the new hot tub because it's huge and sims are less crowded in it. :lol: And the new world is very nice too.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I do think that it could have been a game pack. I was expecting it to be a game pack to be honest. The pack is introducing winter sports, excursions (don’t think are coming to the base game), and a beautiful new world. Other than that it kind of falls a bit flat but I’m still excited for all the little details. But I do think so things are missing such as a toddler sling or stroller so they can go for walks as well. If they can sled why can’t they walk too?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited November 2020
    What we get in the pack is nice, but it's not EP nice - I'm definitely not paying full price, if I buy it. Now if we had gotten the ability to customize our own hiking trails in other worlds, and use the new snow activities in other worlds aswell, then that would have been worth the price. I don't like nor agree with EP activities that are tied to worlds. Granted Sims 4 has been doing that since City Living, but it still really annoys me. It just gets more jarring with each pack they do that. I would be okay with having certain aspects of a feature being special for the new world, while still giving us a way to do the new activities in the other words. Like allowing swimming in all worlds with Island living. It's NOT too much to ask. And WHY can't they just give us the option to live in the vacation worlds? The notion of vacation worlds is so bad, just change it for crying out loud. And they should upgrade Outdoor retreat to allow hiking with a group in Granite Falls, because hiking in Granite falls plums plums so bad.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    don't mind me just cleanin this comment
    animated-broom-image-0007.gif
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I do think that it could have been a game pack. I was expecting it to be a game pack to be honest. The pack is introducing winter sports, excursions (don’t think are coming to the base game), and a beautiful new world. Other than that it kind of falls a bit flat but I’m still excited for all the little details. But I do think so things are missing such as a toddler sling or stroller so they can go for walks as well. If they can sled why can’t they walk too?

Its also bringing a big update to hiking.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited November 2020

Its also bringing a big update to hiking.

As far as I know the update is tied to the world, and there is no update to outdoor retreat for instance. So calling it a 'big update' is kinda generous.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited November 2020
    honestly I love japan theme and I don't feel its same without this pack like idk I just really love some of the items they added
    + idk i just feel its nice to finally have real rock climbing and other world activities

but i do feel that its very lacking because there is so much potential for new furniture types and new gameplay with the japan theme and they just went woosh right past it adding bare minimum

they could have easily added
    futons +sleeping bags with same functionality due to hiking theme,
    igloos (since there is tent that could as well be one), new teaset/teamaker thing (base game one is so awful give me real teaa) japanese games/board games or other activities for the kotatsu table use, another low dining table but minus the heating & blanket!!, rock gardens with gameplay (they could have used the terrain thing they did with sand and sanbox activities but instead it'd be rocks and rock garden activities), traditional dances and instruments !!!, japanese indoor fire pits !!!, just more traditional decors and furniture in general, round options for the windows, possibility to sit on floors anywhere or separate cushions...

so much potential awesomeness ignored

also most objects i did like lacked swatches (kotatsu, bathroom tiles, painting doors, dividers with paintings...)and like for example its silly how there is just one size for the painting doors like why ? at least add the 4 wide for those too since you started wouldn't mind taller doors too like wall height 2 or something

and neighborhoods are over packed with shell buildings that do absolutely nothing which is big sigh. i had wished there would be at least one neighborhood with less of the shell annoyance but turns out no

I do be excited for things we did get but i just so desperately wish it was more since they don't tend to do many east asia themes and even this took so long to get
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Is anyone sure this will be fun after a week? I mean I like new content and the world is gorgeous but I barely even play in Sulani and I can’t take the error on NAPs that I getting when sims roughhouse. It seems like every mod I try doesn’t work.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    If you are unsure about the pack really think about what it adds.

Winter sports - do you see yourself having a sim go snowboarding/skiing on a regular basis or do you see it as a nice side thing to try once and then move on?

The world - does the world look like a place you'd like to play in on a regular or just a world you visit and explore once?

Lifestyles - Do you see yourself using lifestyles and giving them to most of your sims or do you plan on just playing with them a bit but not really bother with for the most part?

If you can see yourself saying yes to at least one of these then you move on and look forward to the next pack.
    Is anyone sure this will be fun after a week? I mean I like new content and the world is gorgeous but I barely even play in Sulani and I can’t take the error on NAPs that I getting when sims roughhouse. It seems like every mod I try doesn’t work.

100% agree, my biggest issue is that it seems very much like five minutes of fun. I'll move a sim in, play in a Japanese house and play with the winter sports for a little while and then that's the pack done. I just feel like the substance and gameplay in this pack is equal to Jungle Adventure or Outdoor Retreat, which are both game packs, there's nothing really to boost it up to being a full blown expansion

Depends on how you play. I usually rush in and try all of the new things right away. This time I’m doing a storyline so I’m taking things slower. Also I’ll be building more now that there are platforms so that’ll take time away from playing and give me more chance of not experiencing everything right away.

• PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    The past few days I've turned Forgotten Hollow into a wintery Japanese world and it's just made me feel like what is the point of this pack.
    fWGN2Ys.png
    cTU9Dp6.png
    Ysvokqz.png
    There's already enough Japanese-y style decor in game to create really nice Japanese style houses without this pack, snow is already there in the game so you can already create a winter world, split levelling is coming in the base game, and we already have spa day so you can already create a Japanese spa retreat type lot in the mountains (like the onsen). You can already create a wintery Japanese world, complete with a relaxing spa, without spending 40 bucks on a new pack for it. Just feels a bit of a "what's the point" scenario, you're paying 40 bucks for a few winter sports activites and that's basically the only thing that's actually new, there's a couple nice items that make building Japanese homes slightly easier but that's literally it. It's just... :#

Hm.... Do i smell a DLC for a DLC?

Japanese Theme that already got covered with City Living:

Tokio Inspired Neigbourhood in San Myshuno (Fashion District)
    Talking Toilet
    Japanese Food stand with Ramen.
    Japanese Decor
    Japanese Festival (Romance Festival)
    Karaokebar.
    (I mean they even have Japanese Sims living in the Fashion District)

Expanding on Seasons:
    Temperatur UI. copy paste
    Snow activities (Snowpal, Snow Angel, Snowball fight) copy paste.
    Where is the... igloo?

It definitly aint a new concept thats for sure. We could of gotten Korea inspired stuff or i dont know... African inspired. But i guess Japanese is that popular they had to create more of whats already there.

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    As excited as I am for this pack (like season’s level excited which is saying something) I can’t help but have island living flashbacks. I was so excited for it and within a week was massively bored as there is so little to do in sulani. Although it does look like there are many more activities here I am still a bit weary with the main gameplay being world attached.

So sorry this thread keeps getting closed down for various reasons. Y’all should be able to voice your concerns and complaints without others ruining it. Hope the other keeps opened up again but thank you OP for the temporary one.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    I already reinstall the sims 4 for the past week and I can't seem to play the game for more than half an hour before i have no idea what to do in the game anymore, coupled with many new bugs that resurfaced (it wasnt this bad before i uninstalled the game)

1. Sim using kitchen sink to wash their hands after using toilet
    2. Sim using toilet sink to wash dishes and never stack the dishes
    3. Sim using toilet trashbin instead of the kitchen trashbin when throwing leftover food
    4. Sims putting a toddler in highchair first before taking care of them (tucking them, or bathing them) then the action get cancelled.
    5. Sims is repeteadly wanted to sit on a chair doing nothing, basically they have no autonomy when I played them now. all they wanted to do is sit when there is no action in their queue.

it feels like the sims themselves are doing this on purpose to insult me.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I already reinstall the sims 4 for the past week and I can't seem to play the game for more than half an hour before i have no idea what to do in the game anymore, coupled with many new bugs that resurfaced (it wasnt this bad before i uninstalled the game)

3. Sim using toilet trashbin instead of the kitchen trashbin when throwing leftover food
    4. Sims putting a toddler in highchair first before taking care of them (tucking them, or bathing them) then the action get cancelled.
    5. Sims is repeteadly wanted to sit on a chair doing nothing, basically they have no autonomy when I played them now. all they wanted to do is sit when there is no action in their queue.

The game definitely has some major autonomy issues that's for sure. I got very annoyed with it a few weeks back because my sims wouldn't sit down to watch TV. It's actually what made me almost give up on the game and inspired me to give TS3 a try.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm still aggrieved about lifestyles being locked to this pack rather than being a basegame addition.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »

The game definitely has some major autonomy issues that's for sure. I got very annoyed with it a few weeks back because my sims wouldn't sit down to watch TV. It's actually what made me almost give up on the game and inspired me to give TS3 a try.

Yeah they also tend to eat in front of the fridge now, I used to be one of the lucky one to never experience the said bug but somehow i get it after reinstalling the game, have to once again resort on a mod for that.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Yeah they also tend to eat in front of the fridge now, I used to be one of the lucky one to never experience the said bug but somehow i get it after reinstalling the game, have to once again resort on a mod for that.

I think some of the weird behaviors might be related to traits. In my game I have sims who prefer to eat most of their meals in front of the fridge, and others who use the table. Same with stacking dirty dishes, some like to collect them all, even from second floor, and put them in the dishwasher, and some add just one single plate to the dishwasher at a time. And then there are really lazy ones who prefer to just leave the dirty plate on the counter above the dishwasher. :lol:
  • tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »

Winter sports - do you see yourself having a sim go snowboarding/skiing on a regular basis or do you see it as a nice side thing to try once and then move on?

The world - does the world look like a place you'd like to play in on a regular or just a world you visit and explore once?

Lifestyles - Do you see yourself using lifestyles and giving them to most of your sims or do you plan on just playing with them a bit but not really bother with for the most part?

If you can see yourself saying yes to at least one of these then you move on and look forward to the next pack.

Lifestyles are decided by the things your Sim does, you don't choose them yourself.
    Zwdtm8.png
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    tams2578 wrote: »

Lifestyles are decided by the things your Sim does, you don't choose them yourself.

They are based on what your sims do but you as the player can choose to push your sims toward a certain lifestyle by making them do certain actions.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    so far i like what i'm seeing with this pack however they could have a done a little more imo like adding in the tea set and the meditation garden
    from bon voyage and igloo's from ts3 seasons. I also wish they added in a smaller slope you can place anywhere and/or a halfpipe this way you could use the snowboarding in other worlds instead of only being able to do so in Mt komorebi. That's my issue with a lot of the packs there complete tied to the new world instead of expanding on every aspect
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Hrm so I don’t think they should have added snow angels and building snow pals in the new expansion. That should have been a seasons only thing.
    edited November 2020
    Found out from another thread they're putting weather conditions in with this pack aswell even without seasons which is really disappointing. Snow is one thing but weather is a massive part of seasons and it should stay that way
    You can get Thundersnow in the mountain region

Simmers who don't have seasons will still get Icy Conditions,Blizzards and Thundersnow
    Onverser wrote: »
    Found out from another thread they're putting weather conditions in with this pack aswell even without seasons which is really disappointing. Snow is one thing but weather is a massive part of seasons and it should stay that way
    You can get Thundersnow in the mountain region

Simmers who don't have seasons will still get Icy Conditions,Blizzards and Thundersnow

I think in the next iteration basic weather should come with the base game and then expanded upon in a Seasons pack.