Jult 27th - Bug Fixes! Catch up on the fixes with the latest patch click here
July 20th: The latest patch is live! To read the patch notes, click here
July 23rd- It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

EMPTY HOMES VS COMPLETE HOMES

SimerallaSimeralla Posts: 157 Member
I am sure this has been debated many times before, I truly do, but I have been searching and have not found results. It is a personal question I seem to ask myself, quite often. As I build a home I always wonder , do I do this one empty and leave the rest of the imagination up to the downloader or I do it completely and show the Downloader exactly what it looks like and they can sell furniture or change things as they go through the home. I want to know what do you prefer to Build? and What do you prefer to download? and at the same time please make this an opportunity to show your builds, whether it's a empty home or a complete build. Somedays I do find it tiring to do a complete build, but overall I really enjoy it. Lets me hear your thoughts.

Empty Build
[img][/img]3FKHl0a.jpg
[img][/img]3G773Fl.jpg

Complete Build
[img][/img]L8Wu5tw.jpg
[img][/img]uRNCJT6.jpg?1

Comments

• SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 322 Member
    when I look or download a house or building, I don't even bother with ones that are empty. I'll change things once I have it, but I like to know I can get most of it already done.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 523 Member
    When I want to add something to my game, I want it fully furnished. I do, however, download shells for shell challenges, as I enjoy decorating the homes others built. I usually have a harder time building a shell than furnishing and decorating, so it's nice when I feel like building, but don't want to spend too much time and energy on it. I never upload just a shell, again because I have a hard time with the outside and often end up unsatisfied with my exteriors. :S
    Check out my builds and my Disney inspired stories! I also now keep track of my random legacy
  • SimerallaSimeralla Posts: 157 Member
    Thank you for your input!
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 458 Member
    I was thinking of making a post about the same thing. I never know whether I should make shells, complete the house with minimal decoration, or give it the lived in cluttered look. Definitely interested to see how everyone feels
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 363 Member
    I like when it's furnished but not cluttered.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 3,730 Member
    edited November 2020
    well my opinion hardly matters because i tend to build everything myself and don't really look at others gallery builds (cause idk perfectionism says i can build what i was looking for myself and have it exactly how i want)

but pretending i did decide to download something i would either hope for empty or maybe to level ea build decorated build because i often feel insides have to really match my sims so i end up changing it anyway and then with lot of stuff its really complicated

I don't mind outsides of the builds having tons of landscaping and stuff to do though because I'm very bad with that myself so thats just a blessing
    Thanks for opinions, Good to know. Like I said I love to build and build a complete house, just some days it is time consuming. I am learning to take my time. I usually build a complete house in a couple of hours but I have been telling myself to take my time and do the outside one day and add furniture another day, that seems to be helping. @Simmingal I too am a perfectionist . @Amandèle I agree not too cluttered but I do like to go to that section and add some books or perfume set to a tabletop or dresser. @Clousinators glad I posted this. It was so on my mind,
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    You can do whatever you want to do, the Gallery is for everyone to use how they see fit, and I cannot find any official requirements for uploading.

I think players download for many different reasons and all houses are appreciated. Personally I appreciate when there is enough info about the build, so that I can make an informed choice. This is what I am looking for:

On which lot the build was built on
    If it uses moo or CC
    Why it was made, with what in mind
    If it has been playtested
    Pictures taken during daytime for visibility

So as long as you explain your choices I think the likeliness of someone wanting your build is there.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 1,967 Member
    As a builder, I have seen that people are less likely to care to download homes, if they are empty. I did a whole stream of Island/Coastal builds early on and got next to no response on them. Once I went back and started decorating them, the same house became popular.

Just my experience.
    wow @Taoron Thats amazing. go figure. I wonder why the ones that are decorated gets better download, I mean people end up not using it anyway, I guess they can see a better vision for it. Idk Thanks for your input.
    Thank you @Auroraskies I see your point.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 1,967 Member
    Simeralla wrote: »
    wow @Taoron Thats amazing. go figure. I wonder why the ones that are decorated gets better download, I mean people end up not using it anyway, I guess they can see a better vision for it. Idk Thanks for your input.

They don't want to decorate, themselves. Most people downloading, are either not building themselves, not confident in building themselves or simply feel they cannot build and decorate what they want themselves. Some of us don't play at all and all we do is build. So, yeah, they use them. I post my builds on my Instagram and I love getting tagged in stories where they used my homes. I just got a new video the other day, for a request I did for a 1960's psychedelic nightclub. It made my night.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    I love to build, but use the Gallery anyway, to download builds and sims when I am testing features; sometimes to download builds that are well done, to my playsave. I also dowload to look at builds in-game; and to troubleshoot.

Everyone who owns the game and is of age, is allowed to use the gallery. I think it would be very hard to state so assurredly why and what all players use the Gallery for. The point of uploading is up to the one doing it.

Edit: I liked your discolot, @Taoron
  • LilweenjLilweenj Posts: 34 Member
    I agree with most of everyone. Whenever I download I want furnished builds, I'll make changes to them to adapt them to my tastes, but apart from Shells I'll never download an empty house.

To be fair, I don't like uploading empty ones either. I'll wait until it's complete and playtested before posting. I have a number of houses at the moment that I'm working on one and off.