Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Does anybody ever keep Evil Mr.Gnome?

I think I learned that Evil Mr. Gnome can steal some of the money from the household funds, mine usually lost around 200 to 350 simoleons every few nights ever since my sims received him randomly through email. it usually after evil mr gnome teleport somewhere, either to wake my sims, knocking over trash or turning on the tv so I guess the robber was him all along.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Does anybody ever keep Evil Mr.Gnome?

I think I learned that Evil Mr. Gnome can steal some of the money from the household funds, mine usually lost around 200 to 350 simoleons every few nights ever since my sims received him randomly through email. it usually after evil mr gnome teleport somewhere, either to wake my sims, knocking over trash or turning on the tv so I guess the robber was him all along.

Giggles. That's funny about the Evil Mr. Gnome.

I learned that they can catch snowflakes on their tongues.
    :) Smile!

• Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Just came back to the Sims 3 and my sims had a baby boy. I had forgotten that the imaginary friend doll literally follows the baby everywhere :astonished: Kinda like a magic gnome. It freaked me out :lol:
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    My two Sim teens went on a field trip to the graveyard for a school activity. When the fieldtrip was over, they each got a message that they got a souvenir from their field trip. They each got a poster but they also each brought home something extra. The sister got a Mysterious Mr. Gnome and her brother got a genie lamp! I had NO idea! This is my Hanks family and I felt like Tom wasn't making the kind of money he should be being a featured actor and all. His wife Rita use her LTW points to purchase a lamp so they could get a house fitting for a famous family but their funds were pretty low. Thanks to their son being gifted another lamp, they can enjoy the luxuries that they've worked so hard for!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    Mixing elixirs at a low skill level is extremely risky. I was curious as to what would happen when a low-skilled Sim tried to mix an elixir. Yeah... ribbit.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    Well...um...

OOPS.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I didn't know that some of the genie wishes can be inherited by your kids. Not sure what the odds are (50%?), but I had one child inherit three of them, most got one. On the minus side, they already inherit the "long life" from their earliest life stage on.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Mixing elixirs at a low skill level is extremely risky. I was curious as to what would happen when a low-skilled Sim tried to mix an elixir. Yeah... ribbit.

Screenshot-3.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg
    Well...um...

OOPS.

It was the play long ago but I have another story about this mixing elixir. :blush: I was looking after a girl single sim in my household. She made a boyfriend in town. One day, she turned into a toad while mixing an invigorating elixir. She invited her boyfriend over her house, and asked him to give her a kiss so that she can get out of this toad status, then see what happened? Her boyfriend turned into a toad too. LOL I saw 2 toad sims were looking at each other giving single minus reaction.

• adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Today I had a cat in the game go fishing in the river, and it caught a fish. I don't think I had seen that in my game before. Animals in this iteration are fun to play with and are adorable.

CATS CAN CATCH FISH WHAT
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Today I had a cat in the game go fishing in the river, and it caught a fish. I don't think I had seen that in my game before. Animals in this iteration are fun to play with and are adorable.

I am definitely going to try that. Next time my sim goes to Egypt, she'll take her cat. Her house is on the riverbank there, so the cat won't have to go far.
  • baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    I didn't know that using the dream pod could turn your sim into a toad or change their personality traits! For the most part, the personality changes reverted after the moodlet expired, but two stayed, probably from "dream of an opposite personality" and "dream of a different personality."

Becoming a toad in Oasis Landing when her wife was in the present was kind of a dilemma. I've never had a sim toadified before, actually, so I didn't know how to reverse it. The moodlet suggested a kiss or a potion, but I couldn't find anywhere in the future that was selling the potion, and I didn't want to make her cheat on her wife. I thought, "Oh, I'll bring her back to the present and she can get a kiss there." But apparently supernaturally transformed sims aren't allowed to time travel! I ultimately ended up just using cheats to delete the moodlet.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    baranouta wrote: »
    I didn't know that using the dream pod could turn your sim into a toad or change their personality traits! For the most part, the personality changes reverted after the moodlet expired, but two stayed, probably from "dream of an opposite personality" and "dream of a different personality."

Becoming a toad in Oasis Landing when her wife was in the present was kind of a dilemma. I've never had a sim toadified before, actually, so I didn't know how to reverse it. The moodlet suggested a kiss or a potion, but I couldn't find anywhere in the future that was selling the potion, and I didn't want to make her cheat on her wife. I thought, "Oh, I'll bring her back to the present and she can get a kiss there." But apparently supernaturally transformed sims aren't allowed to time travel! I ultimately ended up just using cheats to delete the moodlet.

The ask for kiss interaction doesnt have any romance consequences so feel free to ask anyone close to your sims in Oasis Landing.

when my sims get toadified by his nephew, I asked his bestfriend to kiss him and no romance relationship were added.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    when my sims get toadified by his nephew, I asked his bestfriend to kiss him and no romance relationship were added.

That is, after all, the kind of thing best friends are for. Anything is better than constantly asking to borrow money that they are never going to pay back. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I didn´t know that if you have a building with several roofs, YOU CAN CHANGE THE HEIGHT OF EACH ROOF SEPARATELY!

Sorry, I´m screaming, that got me very excited! Not much of a builder, I never clicked that button...
    (That´s the "Roof Section Pitch Control" in the roof tool, if anyone is also so clueless...)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    > @Pancakesandwich said:
    > There is one for Sims 4, so why not for Sims 3 as well?
    >
    >
    > I mostly created this thread so I could share this very important piece of knowledge:
    > If a Sim's bladder fails while the Sim is standing near a fire, the peeing will extinguish a bit of fire :D

True. Hahaahah I love this fact of the sim peeing the fire.
    > @GITTE2001 said:
    > If your sims doesn't have to got to work on normal work days (pregnancy leave and those things) they can ask how it is at work, and if there's any stuff going on they can work on those problems at work via their pc! Just discovered this 5 minutes ago.

Ok, I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing it.
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I used to think I knew everything about this game, till I started visiting these forums :D

same here but I've just found that I know nothing about it hahah
    There are two kinds of people in this world:

Those who say they know everything there is to know about TS3.
    And those who are telling the truth. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This one isn't a biggie but, I didn't know that Claire Ursine (SV) could give birth to a son! She has had daughters in every game I have played since the beginning (except that one). Now, I am waiting to see if Justine Keaton will ever have a little girl.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    I didn´t know that if you have a building with several roofs, YOU CAN CHANGE THE HEIGHT OF EACH ROOF SEPARATELY!

Sorry, I´m screaming, that got me very excited! Not much of a builder, I never clicked that button...
    (That´s the "Roof Section Pitch Control" in the roof tool, if anyone is also so clueless...)

@Waterdragon I didn't know this until just recently too... And yeah I was screaming also! ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I just watched Odessa Winchester swish and gargle her nectar. I have been playing this game since it launched, I got WA on day one, and I have never seen a Sim do this before. I love this game.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2020
    Recently I got Miss V rodent that died (from ages I don't know why) , her pets cried for her death whereas they cannot interact and being friends with (how sad!) Especially Miss V cat she was devasted !
    In ts4 she adores Rats ahah.

Aliens comes to house after a full Resurrection :o ? The Grandpa alien comes ahaha.

Pets can summon the Death to resurrect their human parent without nothing in exchange I really adore Pets EP !
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited December 2020
    9.png
    I started the lifeguard career in Bridgeport. He had been in this career several times in Isla Paradiso before.

2.png
    How professional he is in this career? He was already waiting for giving CPR even before the sim passed out. He knew what spot the sim would be collapsed. He was genius.

3.png
    Now he was about to give CPR but..

4.png
    There was another sim to be rescued in the ocean.

5.png
    So I stopped him giving CPR, and then..

6.png
    I've never known that CPR was only Optional. LOL I newly learned this yesterday. :D

Jeansoo wrote: »
    [He was already waiting for giving CPR even before the sim passed out. He knew what spot the sim would be collapsed. He was genius.
    Yeah sorry, but I don't think it takes a genius to see what was "really" going on there. o:)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top