Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Longer seasons?

Is there a mod to make seasons longer than 28 days? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find any, so I figured I'd ask. It might be a long shot, but ideally I'd love for them to be 56 days long (so double the length).

Comments

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    is no mod yet for this but is a shorter one if i can get it will see if can change it
  • MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    edited October 2020
    @bandit5 Yeah I know LittleMsSam has a 21 day one, so it might be possible to mess around with... I'm just not code savvy enough to do it. Haha
  • lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    edited November 2020
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    @bandit5 Yeah I know LittleMsSam has a 21 day one, so it might be possible to mess around with... I'm just not code savvy enough to do it. Haha

I use LittleMsSam's 21 days mod but have changed it for my own use to 91 days. Let me know if you want help with what to change in it so you also can have 91 days/season or whatever you want the season length to be!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I would love my seasons to be 91 days!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited November 2020
    so how do you do is it with sims 4 package editor i have changed some mods with that.
    edited November 2020
    @Rouensims and @bandit5 I use Sims 4 Studio and changes some numbers in the Tuning file and Season Tuning files in LittleMsSam's mod.

Do like this:
    1. Download and save the 21 Days season instead of 28 Days mod
    2. Open the mod in Sims 4 Studio
    3. Click the Tuning file
    4. Change the Days underneath VERY LONG where it says >21< to >91<
    5. Head on to each Season Tuning files
    6. Scroll down to the very end of the files
    7. Change the numbers underneath VERY LONG under early_season_length and late_season_length >6< to >13< on both of them.
    8. Save and close the editor

Let me know if something is unclear to you!
    Post edited by lakire on
    in mine the 3 is a six for very long.
    edited November 2020
    @bandit5 I was unsure! Sorry, my bad! I'll change it in the structured description in my other post! EDIT: Changed it now!
    ok good too know
    bandit5 wrote: »
    ok good too know

@bandit5 Hope it works for you too :smile:
    i in game and checking it soon too see if goes too 90 what i set it for
    bandit5 wrote: »
    i in game and checking it soon too see if goes too 90 what i set it for

For some, it has gone to 28 (the preset days) and then started over on day 1 in the next season. it seems to work well right now, but probably need to test it a bit more.
  • Phaeton99Phaeton99 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @lakire said:
    > For some, it has gone to 28 (the preset days) and then started over on day 1 in the next season. it seems to work well right now, but probably need to test it a bit more.

Has anyone ever managed to sort out the cause of this 28 day start-over issue? I've reached my small coding abilities' limits trying to put a stop to it.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    lakire wrote: »
    MelsieYT wrote: »

I use LittleMsSam's 21 days mod but have changed it for my own use to 91 days. Let me know if you want help with what to change in it so you also can have 91 days/season or whatever you want the season length to be!

I would love help! Please, if you read this, I'd be happy to get help. I'd like to have 56 days too just like OP...
    lakire wrote: »
    @Rouensims and @bandit5 I use Sims 4 Studio and changes some numbers in the Tuning file and Season Tuning files in LittleMsSam's mod.

Do like this:
    1. Download and save the 21 Days season instead of 28 Days mod
    2. Open the mod in Sims 4 Studio
    3. Click the Tuning file
    4. Change the Days underneath VERY LONG where it says >21< to >91<
    5. Head on to each Season Tuning files
    6. Scroll down to the very end of the files
    7. Change the numbers underneath VERY LONG under early_season_length and late_season_length >6< to >13< on both of them.
    8. Save and close the editor

Let me know if something is unclear to you!

Don't you have to change the number of days in the SimData-files too?
  • Angels2009Angels2009 Posts: 15 Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Don't you have to change the number of days in the SimData-files too?

yes you do
    > @Angels2009 said:
    > > @Dakota88 said:
    > > Don't you have to change the number of days in the SimData-files too?
    >
    > yes you do

How does one do this?
    Phaeton99 wrote: »
    > @Angels2009 said:
    > > @Dakota88 said:
    > > Don't you have to change the number of days in the SimData-files too?
    >
    > yes you do

How does one do this?

They should be visible in SimsStudio, files called SimData.
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > They should be visible in SimsStudio, files called SimData.

Thank you. I made the adjustment. Now to see if it actually fixes things...
    I did this months ago change 28 days to days 91 days, it seems works at first then after it's has seemed to stop working and I try everything but nothing. What happening is that the calendar will showed the 91 days but when it reach to day 29 it will reset to day 1 in current season and you're stuck in an endless season and the calendar gets completely messed up.
    > @Angels2009 said:
    > I did this months ago change 28 days to days 91 days, it seems works at first then after it's has seemed to stop working and I try everything but nothing. What happening is that the calendar will showed the 91 days but when it reach to day 29 it will reset to day 1 in current season and you're stuck in an endless season and the calendar gets completely messed up.

I see the same thing happening. Clearly, there is something that still needs to be changed to make this work.
    > @Phaeton99 said:
    > > @Angels2009 said:
    > > I did this months ago change 28 days to days 91 days, it seems works at first then after it's has seemed to stop working and I try everything but nothing. What happening is that the calendar will showed the 91 days but when it reach to day 29 it will reset to day 1 in current season and you're stuck in an endless season and the calendar gets completely messed up.
    >
    > I see the same thing happening. Clearly, there is something that still needs to be changed to make this work.

Do you think it need a script
    > @Angels2009 said:
    > > @Phaeton99 said:
    > > > @Angels2009 said:
    > > > I did this months ago change 28 days to days 91 days, it seems works at first then after it's has seemed to stop working and I try everything but nothing. What happening is that the calendar will showed the 91 days but when it reach to day 29 it will reset to day 1 in current season and you're stuck in an endless season and the calendar gets completely messed up.
    > >
    > > I see the same thing happening. Clearly, there is something that still needs to be changed to make this work.
    >
    > Do you think it need a script

I am too much of a novice where Sims 4 tuning is concerned to know for certain, but I suspect so.
    Who is good making scripts
    > @Angels2009 said:
    > Who is good making scripts
    >
    >

Probably the best person to approach first would be LittleMsSam, who created the original 21-day mod. I have no idea how to contact them, however.