Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Sims 5 have different kind of expansions? (If Sims 5 will ever be)

LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
I wonder if Sims 5 will even exist. But if it will... I am kinda tired of an old cycle base game - seasons - pets - uni - clubs - apartments. I m not sure I would even switch to sims 5.

The reason I went form sims 2 to sims 3 was open world and it's graphics.
The reason I went from sims 3 to sims 4 was that sims 3 was essentially broken and unplayable (30min loading screens + save errors, ugh).
But why would I go from sims 4 to sims 5? Sims 4 looks good. It runs smoothly, it doesn't give me save errors, loading screens are shortest ever, I own all the packs I need, If I don't like someting there is a free mod to fix it.

So why would I go to another game to buy the same packs over and over again? Unless the game would alredy has everything necessary and the packs will not be the same? What will the Sims 5 have to offer that is so new and shiny I'll just have to switch to a new game?

Maybe the base game could include season and pets but has a small world. And Expansion would expand the world, add new areas to live and new activities from that area. So the base game would be American suburb as usual, but the Expansion would add Africa (with safari parks), Asia, Europe, Russia, covering the whole world eventually. Sims 4 is kinda doing it already and I like it, but Sims 4 had to mix it with standart EPs.

I will not be angry at EA for repeating the cycle. It's their busyness how they do they busyness. I would not spend my time hating on Sims 5. It wouldn't be the game's fault, really, that I am 30 years old and has played sims 2&3&4 and want something fresh instead of the same game updated for younger audience. I don't think ppl over 30 are the majority of sims paying customers or that it would make sense to target that audience. I am just curious will the sims 5 be intresting for me? If it won't, I leave it be and stay with older games.

I also kinda suspect Sims 5 will be an animal crossing style game with a subscription service. You have your personal world you can do whatewher but you can visit other ppl and see how they world are and and host other players in your world. And everything that comes to the game is base game update, so every subscribed user plays the same game. And I don't know how I feel about it. I was strongly against this idea before but animal crossing is fun. If I can have a traditional sims experience in my personal world and the subscription cost is reasonable, it might work.

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I doubt it. I'm also bored of the same cycle, but problem is when they try to do anything new and innovative it generally s-cks. Can see that especially with Eco Lifestyle and Journey to Batuu.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    @bellagoth_ Sure it will be whatever EA wants it to be, I'm ok with that, it's their property. I'm just wondering if it also be something I would like to play. Sims 4 works for me, but Sims 5 might not.
    edited November 2020
    @Leaselmary well it was rumored that sims 5 might use some multiplayer gamemodes, according to the ea ceo. we don't know if it's true though and there are no details either.
    also, in the launch of the ps5 the sims 5 was listed as one of the games that would be released on it, which means it may be in development.
    whether sims 5 will work or not for us we can just speculate because there is nothing 100% confirmed for now
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I mean online multiplayer game modes for the Sims sounds really exciting on paper, especially after you experienced how a mod can handle two players on a local network, until you realize that...

It's EA saying this. You know, EA. The publisher behind the most egregious monetization schemes in the industry, always finding more ways to swindle moolah out of their audience. I know they're going to find a way to monetize the heck out of multiplayer. I have a feeling that whatever microtransaction or subscription "service" or season pass antic they're going to pull off are going to have you begging for the good old days of the Sims costing only 700+ dollars for the whole thing.

I have a bad feeling that Sims 5 is going to do all of the monetized multiplayer online stuff on top of the already pricey expansion packs. You know they want to do this. The Sims is after all a highly profitable franchise. Why not attempt to extort more money out of their customers?
    A1hnP0t.png
    edited November 2020
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I mean online multiplayer game modes for the Sims sounds really exciting on paper, especially after you experienced how a mod can handle two players on a local network, until you realize that...

It's EA saying this. You know, EA. The publisher behind the most egregious monetization schemes in the industry, always finding more ways to swindle moolah out of their audience. I know they're going to find a way to monetize the heck out of multiplayer. I have a feeling that whatever microtransaction or subscription "service" or season pass antic they're going to pull off are going to have you begging for the good old days of the Sims costing only 700+ dollars for the whole thing.

I have a bad feeling that Sims 5 is going to do all of the monetized multiplayer online stuff on top of the already pricey expansion packs. You know they want to do this. The Sims is after all a highly profitable franchise. Why not attempt to extort more money out of their customers?

customers have allowed that kind of treatment from ea.
    they know players will keep buying anything labeled sims so why wouldn't they exploit this?
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    It's unfortunate. The only way you can get EA to change their ways is for another Battlefront-styled explosion (and now EA is getting sued over their lootboxes in the sports games, serves them right), and I highly doubt that'll happen and we'll get complacent players that'll tell EA that it's okay to make the Sims progressively worse and more monetized like their other franchises. 😒
    A1hnP0t.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

they know players will keep buying anything labeled sims so why wouldn't they exploit this?

I didn't buy anything of TS4, so I personally haven't allowed that kind of treatment from EA toward me. As much as I really want TS5 and have bought a gaming laptop to be able to accommodate any and all of its future packs, if its a monetized multiplayer, then I won't buy it. They aren't the only ones developing their next gen life simulation game anymore.

edited November 2020

I didn't buy anything of TS4, so I personally haven't allowed that kind of treatment from EA toward me. As much as I really want TS5 and have bought a gaming laptop to be able to accommodate any and all of its future packs, if its a monetized multiplayer, then I won't buy it. They aren't the only ones developing their next gen life simulation game anymore.

you didn't, but there's tons of fans out there that will keep buying their products no matter what. customers speak with their money. i don't know what plans does ea have with ts5 but i don't have a good feeling about it. they ruined simcity when no one thought it would be possible, it very well can happen with the sims franchise.

the other day i installed the sims phone games just to see how they were and honestly they're annoying with the pay to play, and expensive.
    a lot of players were complaining on the play store reviews but even complaining many of them said they had already wasted tons of money on the game. so ea probably thinks they can do the same on the pc version. the sims 4 is an example that there will be someone willing to buy any pack they throw even being about garbage.

now, people thinks that things may change for ea because it's known that there will be competition on the field, however, the sims 4 doesn't even feel like a life simulator anymore, devs are driving away the god game that was noticeable on first sims games. now they're focusing on a linear story (strangerville, batuu, etc) and pretty much on a free sandbox mode where players must micromanage everything to see the game react a certain way. i don't really think ea is too worried about competition. they only act when there's big backlash (skintones) to clear their image and pretend they care about us.
    anyways the sims doesn't seem to be too important for them otherwise they would invest more on the franchise as a whole.
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    I don't mind the same themes. Each pack felt and played differently for me in TS1, TS2 and TS3 because bases differed significantly. I do however despise TS4 "experiments" and find them to be the most boring, straightforward and less sandbox of all packs.
    I also don't want expansions adding areas. I don't wanna having only one mixed world from all kinds of areas like in TS4. I want CaW.
    Subscription is an instant skip from me. I don't like animal crossing lol.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I doubt it. I'm also bored of the same cycle, but problem is when they try to do anything new and innovative it generally s-cks. Can see that especially with Eco Lifestyle and Journey to Batuu.

Because it's not innovative at all. Are we really calling Eco Lifestyle and Journey to Batuu that?

The premise of Eco Lifestyle is a great idea -- the idea that the world will change in greater ways depending on player interaction. But the implementation is so off. It's buggy, it's annoying to work with, and it's such a small scope for an expansion. In the past, I'm sure it would've been a pack that explored the idea of changing worlds in more than just environmentally, which is what it should have been.

And Journey to Batuu is just a joke, plain and simple. What a slap in the face to fans.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »

Because it's not innovative at all. Are we really calling Eco Lifestyle and Journey to Batuu that?

The premise of Eco Lifestyle is a great idea -- the idea that the world will change in greater ways depending on player interaction. But the implementation is so off. It's buggy, it's annoying to work with, and it's such a small scope for an expansion. In the past, I'm sure it would've been a pack that explored the idea of changing worlds in more than just environmentally, which is what it should have been.

And Journey to Batuu is just a joke, plain and simple. What a slap in the face to fans.

true, devs have had good ideas, the problem is how they execute them.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

you didn't, but there's tons of fans out there that will keep buying their products no matter what. customers speak with their money. i don't know what plans does ea have with ts5 but i don't have a good feeling about it. they ruined simcity when no one thought it would be possible, it very well can happen with the sims franchise.

the other day i installed the sims phone games just to see how they were and honestly they're annoying with the pay to play, and expensive.
    a lot of players were complaining on the play store reviews but even complaining many of them said they had already wasted tons of money on the game. so ea probably thinks they can do the same on the pc version. the sims 4 is an example that there will be someone willing to buy any pack they throw even being about garbage.

now, people thinks that things may change for ea because it's known that there will be competition on the field, however, the sims 4 doesn't even feel like a life simulator anymore, devs are driving away the god game that was noticeable on first sims games. now they're focusing on a linear story (strangerville, batuu, etc) and pretty much on a free sandbox mode where players must micromanage everything to see the game react a certain way. i don't really think ea is too worried about competition. they only act when there's big backlash (skintones) to clear their image and pretend they care about us.
    anyways the sims doesn't seem to be too important for them otherwise they would invest more on the franchise as a whole.

Right now EA's feeling confident because the competition is still developing their games and haven't released them yet, but things can change when that time comes. Also, we're in this forum where TS4 "looks" popular and well-loved, whereas everywhere else it isn't. I haven't been coming here too often myself. Ever since I bought a new laptop, I've been too busy playing TS3 and having a lot of fun with that. I don't know if TS5 will be a worthy successor to it, but I do know the competition wants theirs to be and are producing true life simulation games that we are all asking for.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    The only thing that was decent about Eco-Lifestyle was that it gave TS4 players an actual post-apocalyptic world to play in...if you decided to keep it that way.

Whereas in TS3. I take one sky-mod and turn the whole 🐸🐸🐸🐸 world into "nuclear winter".
    NuclearWinter1.jpg
    Screenshot-6.jpg

I want the TS3 kind of flexibility to a) create my own worlds
    b) to have whatever story I tell be able to be represented in the environment of the game...as in if I want to be able to have a post-apocalyptic world, then 🐸🐸🐸🐸 let me have one.
    c) stop taking away things out of the game that allow for better gameplay with the excuse that, oh, it's too difficult to do. It's called "problem-solving" for a reason.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited November 2020
    I tried the games because of innovation. Next to next. From TS1 2D to TS2 3D, and porches and decks and things like generational play where children actually grew up and elderly. I loved TS1 but TS2's innovation convinced me it was going to be a fun experience, too. I tried TS3 because of the trailer about open world. I loved and love TS2 above them all, but TS3's trailer convinced me I should at least try TS3's open world and I did enjoy seeing Sims going in and out of their homes and going to work etc. I later found out by accident one day they are just standing inside their homes when I'm not looking at them. Like in TS2's Uni dorms. I tried TS4 because of a lot of unfilled promises but they filled enough like adding ghosts, pools etc in a patch that I gave it a try. I used the CAS demo and decided yes, I would try TS4 but returned it the first time, and later decided to keep it After they fullfilled some promises they made. I didn't know it would be years and years of waiting to get the rest of those things added like they said they were going to add or 'make happen' at it's release. And if TS5 isn't a multiplayer game I will probably try it, but that is a big if.

I don't play Animal Crossing, have no desire to play it or any other multiplayer, ever. If TS5 is like AC then I won't even do a trial run. If TS5 breaks The Sims mold of what is or isn't in it such as seasons, pets, college etc. I won't even bother. I know people get tired of 'rebuying' those things, but they are expected. Just as much as I expected some quirky, nutty occult or supernatural in the packs I expect those. Even if Lyndsay did say it was never supposed to be a tradition to have one in every EP that is exactly what they did for like over 22 packs, in these iterations so, it was a tradition just like Seasons and Pets have become a tradition. But I do agree many of the things in them should be in a base we know they are going to try to sell to us for $60 or $80 (TS4) or a freeplay game with microtransactions or some silly subscription.

At this point I'm doubting TS5 is a pc game at all. I have a feeling it's no longer going to try to gain/retain pc players but maybe some console game full of quests and tasks, and multi play, because they have prob listened to those who do love games like Animal Crossing and decided yeah, that is the way to go. Or worse a Facebook game. Just think what they did to this series. It is no longer a life simulator (TS4) but they often say it's a safespace, it has your back, it's a diversity game, it's an avatar game (representation) it's an inclusive game...when is the last time they said it's a life simulator? Like in 2014. This is my opinion, it's a soapbox game where EA can spew what it wants you to think, believe and live. Think how much more of this they will do in a TS5 if they keep moving away from a life simulator in TS5.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Leaselmary wrote: »
    (snip for space)

I also kinda suspect Sims 5 will be an animal crossing style game with a subscription service. You have your personal world you can do whatewher but you can visit other ppl and see how they world are and and host other players in your world. And everything that comes to the game is base game update, so every subscribed user plays the same game. And I don't know how I feel about it. I was strongly against this idea before but animal crossing is fun. If I can have a traditional sims experience in my personal world and the subscription cost is reasonable, it might work.

If it is a game like that, they can forget me ever bothering. There's a reason I don't play games like that! (I put up with it in Minecraft because my godson wants to play with me. But I don't like it.)

• ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    I finished watching episode one of TrueBlood on my PS3, and I decided I hated watching movies downstairs. I wanted to ascend the stairs to watch them in the woohoo room. So I put my blu-ray disk into the Xbox One where I play Sims 4, and out comes a hexadecimal code: unrecognized encoding exception. I talked to a computer professional, and he thinks I need to buy a shower for my Xbox, some special optical drive cleaning disk. I told him I was too poor...

After taking TrueBlood out of the XBox cavity, I loaded Sims 4, where I’m playing through the University content. Now, I noticed something unusual about the programming. The whole campus is open world, but if I want to visit the commons or another dorm, the game requires a loading screen. I’m not a wizard, and so I don’t see why the game wouldn’t simply load a few more objects and also sims. But when I put TrueBlood into the drive to make it possible for me to think about it, I decided to just let EA do whatever they do. They are my best and only representatives.
    “But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    edited November 2020
    My perfect Sims 5 would be this:

Sims 4 graphics with the Sims 3 personalities, colour wheel and collectibles systems.

I recently watched Carl's Sim Guides discussing the difference between Sims 3 and Sims 4. I forgot how much I enjoyed the collectibles challenges in the Sims 3.

https://youtu.be/L3Lu8eLZ4ec

Personally, I would like the base game to have seasons and pets. One world in the base game. Maybe six or eight skills to kick off with. A basic range of aspirations.

Each expansion pack would add a new world, new challenges, new skills, etc.
    So... the university expansion pack would add a university world with courses, new skills to learn (such as the research and debate skills), new challenges and aspirations.

Basically, each expansion pack would be in a different style like Scandinavian, American, British, Asian, etc.

Each stuff pack would link to the expansion pack and would include heaps of CAS and build-buy stuff.

I would scrap the game packs.
    :/

editted to add: Each expansion pack would contain two new careers. Non-rabbithole ones.
    Post edited by stewby on
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited November 2020
    @stewby I agree about scrapping the game packs. They aren't necessary and make expansion packs seem pointless and empty.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I wouldn't mind having an open world and proper cas system like Sim3 and make the familars from Sims4 customizable by colour, choose traits like blow cold air, freeze sim, create snow, etc