Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When is The Last Time Your Town Had the Flu?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 2
My latest neighborhood is infected. lol I knew it would happen but couldn't stop it. lol The other day I took a Sim to a beach lot with some townie clerks working there selling some clothes (T-Shirts,lol) and other stuff. I saw one of the cashiers sneezing. Then I saw a townie start sneezing. Eventually over about a week's time while playing on rotation I saw other townies and some of my other Sims sneezing. I was literally avoiding Sims, lol, in case the current Sim I was playing got it, too.

Eventually, this grew into a vermin attack. lol I moved an old lady and four kids into an apartment building, someone turned over the trash and I kept having them call the Landlord to take care of the roaches, but he would show up and start talking to the other residents or just rake up some leaves and leave. I kept calling, he never did clean them up. First all the kids got sick, then the old lady, then before I could lock them in rooms to keep them away from each other they infected other residents on the lot. lol The roaches were still going, and the landlord was still not getting rid of them.

My other Sims on that lot also got the flu because the kids infected them when they went outside. everyone had to go to bed and be kept locked a way from each other. The roach problem kept happening so I finally just had to move out all my Sims on that apartment lot and play them each at at time and quarateen each one of them in a different house. But the townies are sick so I can't let many of them go anywhere in case they get reinfected with a cold that will turn into the flu if they keep spreading it. But it was two problems in one, roaches on an apartment lot, and townies in town also sick.

When is the last time you had to find the one Sim that spread a virus and made the entire town sick? I may have solved the kids in that household from spreading the flu for now, but it's for sure they will probably be reinfected if they go to any community lot since it was townies that were sneezing and that illness hasn't been solved. I saw many of my own Sims interact with other sick townies so it's just a matter of time before every household is sick in all the neighborhood.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I think you need to open up a venue with very low entry fee and you have a family Sim chef make Grandma's Soup and feed to everyone that comes on the lot.

That should get at least most of the townies, if not all of them.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I didn't think the soup cured anything just helped speed up comfort refill.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,586 Member
    Hi :)
    I've never had one. Yay!
    Sims will sneeze in Spring. Doesn't mean they're sick. - your probably knew that though. :cookie:
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)
    I've never had one. Yay!
    Sims will sneeze in Spring. Doesn't mean they're sick. - your probably knew that though. :cookie:

But it's not spring, it's fall and then winter in that neighborhood. Most of the time because I'm on a lot of rotations it's usually all fall since I rotate back before it changes seasons since I added a lot of families. :/
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

It does.

I've had Sims who come home with the flu or cold from school get fed that immediately to stop the spread and it cured it.

It does increase comfort refill as well:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Aspiration_benefit#Family
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

It does.

I've had Sims who come home with the flu or cold from school get fed that immediately to stop the spread and it cured it.

It does increase comfort refill as well:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Aspiration_benefit#Family

Thank you! guess everybody in town is going to get chicken (comfort) soup! :D
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Its always good to have someone in a household able to make that soup for this reason, whether its a family sim, or someone with a secondary family aspiration. Those without just have to deal with the sickness and stay at home till it clears up.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    My sims constantly have the flu. It usually starts when a sim gets caught cheating and their trash can is kicked over several times a day. I try to get the trash picked up before the roaches spawn, but it's difficult when the furious partner kicks the trash over every few hours. It doesn't take long for the entire neighborhood to get infected.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    I've never had more than just my household get the flu. I have had issues with roaches though. If you don't catch them right away, they end up everywhere just like real ones. Sometimes moving the trash can into a fence further up on the lot helps, or building a sentry bot to patrol your yard. (I think that's what they are called.)
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    Devalaous wrote: »
    Its always good to have someone in a household able to make that soup for this reason, whether its a family sim, or someone with a secondary family aspiration. Those without just have to deal with the sickness and stay at home till it clears up.

That's why I forgot comfort soup cures flu, lol, I never use the second aspiration choices and or even look at them half the time. FT was not one of my fav EPs as far as giving out rewards which I felt made the game way too easy after that.
    edited November 2020
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've never had more than just my household get the flu. I have had issues with roaches though. If you don't catch them right away, they end up everywhere just like real ones. Sometimes moving the trash can into a fence further up on the lot helps, or building a sentry bot to patrol your yard. (I think that's what they are called.)

The roaches started in my game on an apartment building lot, one of the AL townies came by and turned over the trash (didn't think she was a meany, forgot her name) and I was busy with the four kids and old lady not to see they were everywhere. I had them keep calling the landlord but he wouldn't kill them and so all of my other Sims living in those apartments helped spread flu all over town as I rotated to other houses in the game.

One thing happened I had never seen before in all these years. lol One of my other Sims on the aparment lot rang the doorbell while the whole household was down with the flu, and I be darn if the old lady went to the door autonomously (never seen that in TS2) and they said a few words then he left. What the heck?! what was that about, because when I played him he was sick too, of course. lol Never saw one get the door on their own and them just talk in the doorway. :o