Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Between2Worlds [Story] 06/04

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Ch 2.4 I think I've finally found my favorite color settings. Let me know if it's too bright. :)
    hCTLYVf.jpg
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    The colours are gorgeous! Not too bright, and definitely go with the tone of the chapter. Make yourself comfortable on the bench, bask in this sweet golden glow, enjoy some punch, trust this totally non-suspect stranger... :D Just makes me more suspicious :D
    @DeafSimmer
    they certainly might! Or not :) They might bump into Isaias if he knows where they are, or not. Hard to say... ;)

@ThePlumbob
    the happy colors made their meeting suspicious? 😆 wut. Just a sunny day and a lady handing over some fruit punch. Not sus at all.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Chapter 2.3
    It’s hilarious to me how Eva ran away screaming from Isaias and called him an untrustworthy terrorist while he’s been very honest with her, and she’s completely fine with trusting a stranger that just paid a grand for a basket of apples like it was nothing. Then again, as far as Eva knows, “Aria” is not a spellcaster like Grey Rock. :mrgreen:

I wonder if those two have met already, or are aware of each other at least. Gah, and what is Athena’s end game here? Is she just being kind to Eva out of the goodness of her heart, or is she playing an angle? And if so, which one? I have so many thoughts :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi
    It’s hilarious to me how Eva ran away screaming from Isaias and called him an untrustworthy terrorist while he’s been very honest with her, and she’s completely fine with trusting a stranger that just paid a grand for a basket of apples like it was nothing.
    OMG get out of my brain, Yimi :joy: My first reaction was the exact same, haha!
    edited October 2020
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @_sims_Yimi
    It’s hilarious to me how Eva ran away screaming from Isaias and called him an untrustworthy terrorist while he’s been very honest with her, and she’s completely fine with trusting a stranger that just paid a grand for a basket of apples like it was nothing.
    OMG get out of my brain, Yimi :joy: My first reaction was the exact same, haha!
    No. You lot are stuck with me now. :mrgreen::joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    I like the new color settings. I thought it was a nice touch, something a little lighter while Eva is winding down from her misadventure.
    I do wonder what is going on with Athena and why she helped Eva. Something is up; I think. Maybe she sensed magic on Eva? Or knows Eva is a reporter? I also wonder if Athena knows about Isaias? And I have a feeling that this won't be the last we'll see of Isaias.
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    I think the setting is beautiful.
    When I finally dare to dig into reshade, you will have to share it with me :) I love the bright and soft colors.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    First. I really like your pictures. The colors emphasize a cartoon-like universe <3

I like your narrative, but I feel a little limited by lack of knowledge as I need to read the whole first season and there is really a lot to catch up on.
    I'm awaiting further development and I hope it does not hamper me too much that I do not know who Athena is?
    2.4 Freak (I'm surprised this isn't a pumpkin word.) :o
    iTsTMo6.jpg
    edited October 2020
    Haha, pumpkin word is a terrific term!

I was curious about the fact Athena had heard the story and was not dissuading Eva from reporting Isaias based on the phone conversation. So I was pleased to see her interfere afterwards to give us a hint of where her loyalties might lie. Interesting. What she said would seem to suggest that either she's on the side of Ilrvi, and is trying to protect the expedition, or she just generally doesn't want more attention on spellcasters. There's of course the possibility that she doesn't know about the whole Ilrvi and Aelrendths conflict, because of her, err, time in Windenburg, but I seriously, seriously doubt that. Maybe she's left the magic realm after all this time because the expedition Isaias was a part of went pants.

Now all this being said, the police are aware that Eva was at the scene of the crime, so even if Athena's dissuaded her for now (which remains to be seen), she will have to give some type of testimony sooner or later. Let's see what that might be.

Also, I wonder who the creepy onlooker at the end might be.
    @_sims_Yimi
    :lol: Eva has some hard opinions.

You’ll find out about Athena’s end game. But best keep the questions away for now. Stuff needs to happen before we find out. :lol:

@ThePlumbob
    I have a theory that Yimi has implanted secret probes in our brain. :tongue:

@lone_cat
    Oof. No worries. Isaias is here to stay. He’s not going anywhere for sure.
    Eva was suspicious of Athena, but whether her suspicions are founded or not is another story. The end of Ch 2 might help. (Might. :joy: )

@CandyCottonchu
    Ahh okay. Let me think of a good name for it. For now I name the preset as ‘Testing’. :joy:

@MonaSolstraale
    Thank you! I do want it to look light and fluffy for now :blush:

Ah thank you for the feedback. It’s true that Athena and Curtis’s backstories are in S1 so these characters will feel unfamiliar for you, but that’s okay. Knowing their past will enrich the story, but without them you’ll do fine too. We are reaching Athena’s feature chapter and you will know her better then. :)
    @ThePlumbob
    It can go either way for now. We’ll also have to find out what exactly did Eva update Athena about on their way to the police station. And then there’s Athena’s time in Windenburg(?) :joy: And about Athena going to the magic realm, did she? In B2W, portal magic is not freely available to all Ilrvi/Aelrendths. Then again, Athena is not an average spellcaster.

Ahh.. It feels like a lot of questions, but there are answers very soon. :D

@DeafSimmer
    My latest crush. I’m super infatuated at the moment. :love:
    Ok serious, you’ll find out next chapter. :)
    edited October 2020
    Chapter 2.4
    I love how you showed the telephone conversation with a break between pictures! It gave it something playful, for lack of a better word. ^^ Nathan is definitely the counterbalance to Eva's overeager running off. I wonder how many stories of her have been objective, and how many have been coloured by her own perception of things.
    Post edited by _sims_Yimi on
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    _sims_Yimi wrote: »
    Chapter 2.4
    I love how you showed the telephone conversation with a break between pictures! It gave it something playful, for lack of a better word. ^^ Nathan is definitely the counterbalance to Eva's overeager running off. I wonder how many stories of her have been objective, and how many have been coloured by her own perception of things.
    Oof thanks! I took inspiration from 90s comics featuring telephone conversations. They always have a funny jagged line in the middle which kid-Mercury liked. I wanted this chapter to be happier/playful because we're coming to a close on those. :bawling:

Ahh Nathan is.. just. wonderful. Honestly I want to give him a big hug, an award, tickets to Sulani or something.
    Haha! Eva's flaws are pretty detrimental for the field she's in, but her strengths do help! I don't know if it's a good balance though.
    What do we do without kind-hearted citizens helping others in need?
    JgfA6qe.jpg
    @DeafSimmer
    If Eva testifies with the truth, she'll be framed in some way. Not necessarily murder unless there was a casualty in the explosion, but we don't know if there are yet. :#
    edited November 2020
    Chapter 2.5
    Yay, lawyers! Always the good Samaritans that just want to help people out and do right in the world. :mrgreen: And this nice lady is clearly the pinnacle of well-meaning neighbourliness and righteous pursuit of justice, yup, yup! Is her number on that document somewhere? Asking for a friend. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    edited November 2020
    Chapter 2.5
    Yay, lawyers! Always the good Samaritans that just want to help people out and do right in the world. :mrgreen: And this nice lady is clearly the pinnacle of well-meaning neighbourliness and righteous pursuit of justice, yup, yup! Is her number on that document somewhere? Asking for a friend. :joy:
    This sim knows her number (and address). They're always hanging out in Bav's place. Gameplay-wise, they've got a solid friendship going. :wink:
    P.S - Your friend is totally welcome! I still haven't found her a partner! My gosh she is so picky. :tired_face:
    TS4-x64-2020-11-03-21-40-01.jpg
    Chapter 2.5
    This sim knows her number (and address). They're always hanging out in Bav's place. Gameplay-wise, they've got a solid friendship going. :wink:
    P.S - Your friend is totally welcome! I still haven't found her a partner! My gosh she is so picky. :tired_face:
    Gods, of course my simself is buddies with the witness-threatening, soulless crook lawyer. I see sim-Yimi is living up to my villain name. :mrgreen::joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Chapter 2.5
    Aww, this is adorable :D
    @_sims_Yimi
    Wouldn't put it past your sim to be friends with B2W crime fam at the end. :wink:

@ThePlumbob
    They are! So far simSnuffy and sim Yimi found their favourite B2W cast members. I can't wait to cycle to the other households and see who comes knocking on the door. :D