Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

Comments

• lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @katrinasforest No worries. :) I usually don't get caught up with stories until later in the week, so I don't really notice if things are behind or not. Oh, that's exciting that you have a new story! I can't wait to read it. :)

I would be cool with discussing your story this week, then Xaos next week.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @lone_cat Thanks, that makes me feel better! The intro chapter is here:

http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2020/10/21/the-arrival-of-kids-at-straud-mansion/

My kids are helping with the plot points, so I take no responsibility for any randomness that might occur. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @katrinasforest Haha! This is off to a good start. I can see lots of misadventures happening with Belle, Jack and Vlad. And Caleb just setting Vlad up with two kids, that's so kind of him. :D

Vlad will be in for a rude awakening once he finds a butler and all his furniture moved around. I can tell Belle is a bit of a troublemaker, and Vlad will have his work cut out for him.

That's really cool your kids are getting involved with the plot. Random is good, makes things more interesting. :)
    edited October 2020
    @lone_cat He-he, thanks. Yeah, of all the traits possible, Belle has the evil trait. I forget which one Jack has. I think he might be cheerful. (Never mind, he's creative. Knew it started with a C.) They start with moving the furniture, but when bills get tight, they take things a bit further. Okay, a lot further. ^_^
    Post edited by katrinasforest on
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @lone_cat @lilypadmeulin

We're chatting about Xaos this week. There's no new chapters, but as a reminder, here was the last one: https://donaeis.home.blog/2020/08/26/72-preganante/

The floor is open to questions/comments/predictions.

@Firande Somehow, last time I missed the notes at the end last time that said you only cheated the abduction, not its, erm, side effects. I thought that was so funny. While I'm not totally sure how this will turn out, I do not predict Calo will do any kind of 180. I'm wondering, though, if he might realize just how difficult children are and give up his "see you in court" quest.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @katrinasforest

So far, I'm really enjoying this arc, especially with the mums sticking up for their kid. Good on them for that, and also good on Morgyn for not letting himself into what's so clearly some kind of trap.
    @lilypadmeulin I find Morgyn an interesting character in a lot of ways. I wonder if being the youngest of the sages, people see him as more naive. Their mistake if they do. :)

A little off-topic, but while we were theorizing about the new game pack that turned out to be Star Wars, I'm pretty sure someone suggested it might be a winter-themed pack. How is everyone feeling how that Snowy Escape as actually been announced as an EP? (The controversy aside--which is not to diminish it but only to say I don't feel I have enough background to discuss it.)
    @katrinasforest

I certainly want to get Snowy Escape. The hot springs look especially awesome - I've not felt this much excitement for a pack since City Living/Island Living. It looks AMAZING.
    edited November 2020
    @lilypadmeulin I'm excited, too. I think largely because the look and feel is so different from other locations, but I'm looking forward to a lot of the new features as well.

@lone_cat We're onto Supernatural Misadventures this week. I believe the chapters we haven't discussed yet are 20 and 21:

https://lonecatsims.wordpress.com/2020/09/14/chapter-20-missed-communications/
    https://lonecatsims.wordpress.com/2020/09/14/chapter-21-a-touch-of-death/

Looking forward to diving in. (Realized the pun after I typed it...decided to stick with it anyways. ^_^;; )

@Firande Hope everything is going okay with you. Feel free to jump in whenever time allows. :)
    @katrinasforest

I am super excited about the new EP (I probably won't be able to get it right away, so I will have to live vicariously through other people :) ). I had no idea there was controversy around it, but I also don't pay a lot of attention to what is going on with new packs.

I've watched the trailer, and it looks awesome! I can't wait for skiing, snowboarding, mountain climbing and hot springs. Also, the world looks beautiful. I am excited about the new decor, clothing and food. It looks like we are getting a lot in this pack (at least I hope so).

Haha! I like puns, so no need to apologize. :)
    edited November 2020
    Finished chapter 20 and partway through chapter 21, but I wanted to pause and say how much a felt for Hailey when she questioned whether or not she could trust anybody. That must have been so difficult for her.

I feel like Hailey that we should know the guy in the boat, but I'm not placing him. Have we seen him before or would that be too much of a spoiler to say?

Side note, I loved the line "Being the all-you-can-drink-blood-buffet for a vampire and being thrown off a cliff by a mermaid cultist would do that." ^_^
    @katrinasforest Hailey is definitely questioning who she can trust. She is a very honest person, and she expects that honesty in return, so she is really struggling with this. Also, she is grappling with her feelings toward Ian, and if she can really trust him or not. She wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, but she also realizes she doesn't know a lot about him.

Chapter 20 question. I put it in a spoiler just in case anyone reading isn't caught up.
    The guy in the boat is the author from story 1. He also was the guy in the shack that Barnes and Hailey stayed in after the Luau. He looks a little different with a hat and beard.

Thanks. :) It makes my day that my weird one-liners get a laugh.

I hope everyone is staying healthy. :)
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Hey everyone. First of all, I want to apologize (again) for my absence. I really am so, so sorry for just skipping out like that. I am, in fact, still alive. I was going to say 'alive and well' but that'd be kind of a lie so I wouldn't go that far, haha. I was busy writing my entire life's story on here but then I figured y'all don't really wanna read all that dismal stuff anyway LOL, so I guess what matters is, is I'm still here, and I really do still want to be a part of this circle and to read all you guys' lovely stories and chat about The Sims. :smile: One of the reasons for my absence had to do with my master's thesis, and I was so hoping that the next time I'd be on here I'd be able to have my full attention on my spare time and be finished with that thing once and for all, but unfortunately, that's still nowhere near the case. So having said that, I still can't promise I'll be as active as I was, though I do really, really want to read you guys' stories again.

I tried going through my mentions at the very least, but I'm still so sorry if I missed anyone's response to me and don't respond, I absolutely don't mean to ignore anyone, it's the last thing I'd want. But here goes (I'll put these behind spoiler tags not necessarily because of spoilers but because of walls of text LOL):

@katrinasforest First off, I wanted to thank you so much for your continuing to mention and involve me in this circle. It really, really means a lot to me.
    You're so right about Tika's silence about Emil's son probably going to backfire; Tika should really think these things through more, but hey, it's Tika. :joy: I really enjoyed writing Calo's delusions of grandeur LOL, like it's part of what I enjoy the most about these super egotistical, self-absorbed villains/morally questionable characters (Tika kind of does it, too). I'm totally with you on villains, with them somehow finding their way back again and again... that's exactly what happens with mine too, I struggle so much to give them all the ending they deserve. I do feel like I did a somewhat decent job with this story, though, which you'll see hopefully soon when I can finally manage to find the will to update again.

I'm so glad to hear you've been doing well and the social distancing hasn't brought you down as much as it has others. That's so good to hear! I would call myself an introvert, but I am a sociable one, I love things like going out, so I've been really, really missing that. My current country of residence just went into another full lockdown yesterday and it is honestly just exhausting at this point, it really is.

It was SO awesome to hear about your continuing to play the Clanbuilding save file, and all that happened to these Sims later! I'd LOVE to see Elliot and Miss H's son at some point... and Vlad became a spellcaster! That is so cool, oh my god. I love everything about that, haha. Kyle in Politics... man, Kyle will always manage to make me smile, you wrote him like such a fun character. Absolutely adorable, haha. :blush: I play on slow for both played and unplayed Sims too! I think it's so nice to see their lives developing slowly but surely.

It's so interesting reading your predictions about Calo... all I can say is, you'll find out soon enough... or, well, it'll be about ten chapters LOL, but in the meantime, things do happen to him!

@lone_cat
    I loved reading your insight about Fenne and Tika, and think you're so right in what you say. Tika could definitely learn a lot from Fenne, but of course, he's still too stubborn to see it... though I do agree with you, that Cortez has had a pretty good influence on mellowing him down a bit, which is much-needed with him.

Both your predictions about Sulani are so interesting and I loved reading them so much. I'll tell you both that you're definitely on the right track!

That's so cute that Hailey and Ian work well in-game! And omg, Ivan calling them up all the time... that is hilarious. :joy: OH MY GOD, 25 generations?! That is so much omg, I can't even imagine. Major kudos to you for getting that far! Wow. It's super impressive. I'm currently at Generation 3 in my current save, and am already struggling bad LOL. I'm trying so hard to shrink the Madden family a little which Tika's 8 children makes quite difficult LOL. Am definitely not allowing that for any other character any-time soon, I'll tell you that. :sweat_smile:

I haven't read back on all the messages I missed yet (I should technically be working hard on my thesis right now but procrastination is one helluva plum hahaha). Where are you guys currently at with your stories? Have I missed a WHOOOLE lot? I probably have, haven't I? Man... I really am so sorry. I'm not normally like this at all. :pensive:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited November 2020
    Dropping by to say hello and tease a new project I've started:
    50538292917_58ed4662e9_z.jpg
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    @NyteRose That's such a cool shot! I bet this will be an interesting story. Glad to see you--I've really appreciated your thoughts on my blog!

@Firande A master's thesis is a really big deal. Don't apologize for any time you need to take away. I'm glad our comments and predictions on your story are helpful during such a stressful time. I do need to post pics of Helios. (Miss H and Elliot just kind of shoved their names together... they weren't feeling too creative.) You haven't missed too much. Aside from the story-based chatting, we've taken comfort in the fact that Snowy Escape is not Star Wars. That's about it. :)

@lone_cat Thanks! I eventually figured it out, even if I was rather slow on the uptake. ^_^;;

We're on @lilypadmeulin's Not So Charmed this week. I don't believe there's any new chapters, but we can chat anyways. I'm actually curious if anyone else is playing the Charm family in their game. I've just started to incorporate them into my play, and I think parts of this story have become head-canon for me.
    @katrinasforest

I'll be working on a new chapter very soon! I've been very busy irl and I'm hyped to get back to it.
    edited November 2020
    Hey everyone!
    @NyteRose I love that screenshot, it's super pretty! You always find the most amazing poses, too. :blush:

@katrinasforest Thank you so much. I'd definitely love to see those pictures of Miss H and Elliot's kid... Helios... that is an amazing name, oh my god. Also absolutely something I could see them naming their child, LOL. They're the best, especially Elliot. I gotta say... I kind of miss them! :cry:

God, right... the new pack definitely looks super exciting! I can't wait to play it, even though the current crashing issues put a bit of a dent into that plan of mine, haha. Do you have any stories that you're currently working on, or?

@lone_cat Just wanted to say that I'm working to catch up on your story and man, I'm so excited to see where it's all going. You can definitely expect some more comments from me on your blog very soon, hahaha.

@lilypadmeulin I think I'm almost caught up on your story, too! The comments on your blog are from me. :sweat_smile: I'm so excited to see where everything is going! The way I see it now, I could see Rhea becoming a bit of a mischievous kind of spellcaster, like being into Mischief things and not being like wholly bad, but not being all morally amazingly good either. Am definitely excited to see where that'll be going though, as I could be entirely wrong. :sweat_smile: What inspired you to play the Charms, if I may ask? (Sorry if someone already asked that before!)

As for @katrinasforest's question... first of all, that's so cool that you've been starting to play them too! I'd love to hear the story you're playing with them and if you are playing anything solid, as your stories are always really neat and creative. I have also played the Charms for a short while, actually, but I sadly can't say too much about it because it'd spoil this big upcoming reveal in my story. But I played them about a year ago, around the release of Realm of Magic, and I only played Gemma and Minerva, which Minerva will also be making some more appearances in my story soon... may actually be one in the next chapter I intend to publish, but am not entirely sure yet LOL. I really loved the dynamic they have between them, and see Minerva as this super powerful spellcaster, probably the most powerful after the three sages, and also one of the most knowledgeable. Gemma I consider to be her overly ambitious granddaughter who aspires to become as great as Minerva if not even greater someday... in her boldest dreams, Gemma may even be dreaming of getting to be a sage one day... :smirk:

Some screenshots that I could find:
    lZkI3R9.png
    KYMsIZH.png
    I have some more that I really like but I have so many screenshots that I can't for the life of me find them. :joy:

Also a general question for anyone who feels like answering it LOL: What Sims are you guys using to explore the new pack with, and do you have any storyline ideas for them and the new pack?

fgQIHTb.png
    edited November 2020
    @katrinasforest @Firande Thank you! :)
    The pose I used can be found here and Alessandra's dress is here

I don't have the new pack and I'm not sure if or when I'm planning to get it.

EDIT- When I get the prologue finished (it's very close to completion and posting,) would anyone be interested in reading it?
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    @Firande I honestly don't know yet. I have it but haven't installed it yet. Mostly because my little laptop can't handle too much, so I'm going to uninstall one of the other EPs first. (Probably Get to Work, as I don't currently have any alien plots going, and my Sims have been annoying me with their ill-timed illnesses.)

Can't wait to see how Minerva fits in with your next chapter. I sadly turned aging on and she's passed away in my game, but Straud's daughter (who's a talented spellcaster) is trying to see if she can woo her way into the powerful Charm family.

@NyteRose I'd be curious. This week is a little crazy for me, but after it's over, things should be lighter. :)

@lilypadmeulin Looking forward to more of the Charms' escapades.

We are on Kids of Straud Mansion this week, though I won't have the new chapter up until tomorrow, so It'll be a mini week for me. ^_^;;
    Remind me never to say something will be up the next day unless I already have it queued up on my site. Minor power outage put me in my place real quick. ^_^;;

Anyway, here is the second chapter: http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2020/11/20/kids-at-straud-mansion-the-decorating/
    CAS genetics experiment on a whim:
    50631051917_fb09a09c3c_z.jpg"]
    Guess the parents ;)
    @NyteRose Nice! I'm guessing related to Vincent somehow?
    @katrinasforest Vincent and Melisandra's son, yes. :)
    He's a vamp just like his father, and also a vampire hunter. (There is a Vampire Slayer mod.) I'd post some of his other pics, but I'm sure no one wants to see them :p
    @lilypadmeulin @lone_cat

We're technically on @Firande's Xaos this week, though I know for those in the US, it's a holiday this week, so no worries if everyone's busy. We can have a quiet week.

@NyteRose You know we're always up for pictures. :)
    @katrinasforest I couldn't leave any comments on the blog itself like I normally do because I'm on mobile today, but I just caught up with your story and I LOVE IT. I was, first of all, pleasantly surprised that you have a story going again, as I'd really been missing your stuff a lot. And the concept of this one.. absolutely hilarious. I am so for these "unwanted" kids wreaking havoc kind of storylines, especially when they end up growing on the very reluctant parent after all.. and Vlad.. as a parent.. to two human children! It's hilarious and I'm totally here for it. Also the first chapter with Caleb and his 5 followers, and Vlad leaving nasty comments LOL. Now here's the Forgotten Hollow feud I've always wanted to see, portrayed as beautifully as can be. I love wacky, humorous vampire stories so much, too, so this is in entirely up my alley in every way possible. I can't wait to see where you take this story!

A few questions... for you from me..

1. I see this story seems to be taking more of the "classic" (written story and screenshots for visualization) approach where your previous story had a comic format. Between the two formats, which one would you say has been more work? Why did you opt for this format for this story?
    2. I'm not sure if this is a spoiler-y question.. but will this story be, in ways, a continuation of your last story and have some of the recurring characters from there, or is it just something entirely new and "unrelated?
    3. Which of the Forgotten Hollow Sims would you say is your favourite and why?
    4. Are vampires your favourite Sims 4 occult? If not, who is?

Also, for this week... I'd have no problem waiting this week out and going next week so that you guys can have all your attention focused on Thanksgiving and all. We don't celebrate it here (obviously) so for me it doesn't matter either way, but I have no problem going next week instead. I'm pretty sure I have a chapter coming this Sunday that I'm fairly excited for, so in that sense it'd only work out in my favour, LOL. So whatever you guys prefer!

Also, @NyteRose, I LOVE that picture! Your Sims look so realistic, like in that screenshot, they could almost be real people!

fgQIHTb.png