Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on remaking parts of Sims 2 in Sims 3

2...Next

Comments

• DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited February 2020
    I spent the day working on the Broke family from Pleasantview; as every single person in the family tree was alive and well in Riverview in some form, I only had to make Brandi, Dustin and Beau from scratch (all via genetics too)

48kj2xM.png
    GMdlARO.png
    UcWrlZj.png

Here you can see that the full family tree, extended in Sims 3, is complete and viewable ingame. The only one missing is Bernard Broke, who is seemingly an unconnected cousin or other sort of relative. In the uploaded version, Beau will have all the tombstones in his inventory; I tried putting them in the family inventory, but while the graves were preserved with the sims intact, all the family tree stuff was shredded, so I had to reconnect everyone. I'd advise moving all the graves to a graveyard or into the mausoleum, and making sure the connections are all intact.

Mjjes1Q.jpg
    iTv7cy9.jpg
    The house itself was rather simple to build, and due to engine differences, the little pool is usable even without its ladder. I gave Brandi the hydrophobic trait, since after her husband's death there, she wouldnt want to go near it.

mOAlYCq.jpg
    Speaking of, Skip is actually present as an urn by her bed this time. He was always resurrectable, despite a missing tombstone, and those flowers if viewed, will show they are gifts from him.

xXJ6N7X.jpg
    Brandi and Dustin are largely recognisable, they were made via natural generation from Bob and Betty Newbie from Riverview, and Brandi and Skip respectively, rather than tweaking face settings for hours.

As a neat bonus, on my end at least, the pinball machine saved its scores between saves, so Dustin will always see his old man topping the high scores. Something to work to beat :p It also seems to have saved his relationship with Angela Pleasant in his scrapbook, who is a very WIP sim and thus not shown. (Daniel Pleasant and Maru-Sue do NOT have good looking kids, the twins will have to be handtweaked heavily)

Ive also been adding the PS2 Pleasantview lots and families, and everyones favourite townie, Goopy Gilscarbo, is present, with his PS2 outfit as his second Everyday outfit, and his parents from Monte Vista in his inventory as tombstones, to preserve the family tree. One could place this version of Goopy into Barnacle Bay too, and link him to the family tree of his exwife and daughter living there.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Awesome! I do this for other types of games. These days I play a lot of open world, survival, crafting/building games and I have a book with tons of blueprints I created from sims 2 lots. I'll build one of them occasionally as a base and defend it from either zombies or exiles lol. But the last couple of days i've been playing sims 3 with just WA and Supernatural and all the store stuff/mods and it's been fun and the loading time is doable. Started a legacy but had no inspiration on a build, think I just found it, so thanks :).

Now with sims 4, i've taken and gotten rid of all the sims and lots and recreated Pleasantview and Strangetown. I extracted all the floors and created them for sims 4, haven't tackled the walls :p. That's a HUGE chore. Then went to search for ts2 to ts4 conversions, searched ts2 in the gallery and... it was pretty amazing. I just wish we had grass textures in sims 4, even if cartoony. Sims 2 and 3 had textures and it looks super weird in 4, to me that is. Tried dl'ing sims 2 terrain paint but it doesn't look good in ts4.

Anyway, love that i'm not the only one who does this lol :). I bet you are having so much fun, your screenshots look amazing. Sims 2 will always be a special game to me and will always be installed on my computer. Doesn't it still look pretty .... amazing for 2020! That game was so ahead of it's time.
    Got a new PC, but it has no disc-drive. Origin is..not working at all, so I have no Sims 3 access again. I swear I have this problem every few years. guess I'll be waiting till the country reopens to resume this stuff.

Found a disc drive in an old computer that was compatible with the new one, so im back in business!

sL8U7b6.jpg
    Capp Manor with a small change to the central pathway, just to have sims actually USE the stairs. Without those little fences for the new flowerbeds, everyone just walks up the hill on the grass, and will routefail if you order them to use the stairs -.- This way, they use the pathway just like they do in Sims 2! The Capps are civilised folk afterall :p

2OKWfxr.jpg
    SNlemao.jpg
    The Pleasant family home is done, on the outside anyway. Still gotta tweak a lot of things indoors. This makes all the default Sims 2 Pleasantview homes now present in my save; as a bonus, the Pleasant home is built where the Langeraks normally live xD

Currently working on the Kat and Kim families from Sims 2 Pets, which I always place in Pleasantview. The Kat family home has the most ridiculous roof that makes no sense whatsoever, but I painstakingly recreated it anyway, warts and all. The Kim family home is a little difficult, as its full of themed furniture that largely isnt present in Sims 3, will have to improvise with the Atomic Age dining and pet sets, bits and pieces from ITF, and probably Mid-Century Modern store content

edited April 2020
    I have just completed the exterior of the Summerdream family home, 71 Bard Boulevard. The inside needs a few tweaks with CAS still.

yVbOTjL.jpg
    This home has one of the stranger entrances out there. Also, most of the entrances are archways instead of doors. Ive added more curtains to these spots, and am assuming they are enchanted to keep unsavoury people out to a degree and the inside temperature normal, while maintaining the free floor plan they had originally

oiLqUkO.jpg
    I really dislike the side of the house with the platform with nothing on it, and no fence. I didnt want to change TOO much, so ive left it as-is, but I'd probably put planter pots up there for the fairies to grow even more crops (I have many of these indoors replacing decorative plants already) You can also see the small grave area, which has the non-Summerdream grandparents of Oberon and Titania. Oberon's parents are indoors in urns, one is in a spot where a vase used to sit, the other is on a free spot nearby. I wanted Oberon to give respect to his parents in the same way as Titania, without usurping her lineage thing

XtgMQAD.jpg
    No raging party yet with the Capps and Monty teens, sorry. I added a few bits around the edges of the left and right raised platforms that the bottom one had. I used the Origin-ecxlusive pinball machines that came with 70s/80s/90s Stuff Pack, sorry. But any other pinball machine can fill those slots really. I used them because they have a very similar shape to the originals.

rFFqKxz.jpg
    The four big graves by the pond are a new addition; they belong to Brillante and Pistol, the first Summerdream couple on the family tree and presumably former King and Queen of the Fae, and Fae and Elvin, the parents of Titania, the successing monarchs, till their untimely deaths. There is also a Fairy Castle nestled in the rose bushes with a little dirt path leading out that is new, and a fairy bungalow on the other side of the hills by the smaller graves. Ive witnessed the ghosts at night sleeping or partying in these houses when they aren't dancing away by the pool. Night owls indeed. A neat touch is that the four previous monarchs by the pool still have fairy retinues circling them from time to time, even in death.

KNPfdoJ.jpg
    Titania was brought in from Moonlight Falls, where she appears as a townie. I aged her up to Adult, and gave her the Queen of the Fae lifetime reward, which not only matches her lore namesake, but also fits her matrilineal family. Oddly, in Sims 3, she was married to Oberon, but he had his original surname, while in Sims 2, they aren't married, but he HAS her surname. I've set them as boyfriend/girlfriend with Oberon's original surname so that the player can marry them as Sims 2 generally sets up. Formally bring in the new King and Queen of the Fae's reign!

6q6FSgO.jpg
    Oberon was also brought in from Moonlight Falls and aged. I made do with face paint from the Into the Future registration gifts to replace his blue hero mask. He has the King of the Fae trait despite not being married yet, due to his namesake. Just remember to make Titania do all the marrying to keep the matrilineal thing going, otherwise you'll end up with Titania Gossamer.

RC7c9mt.jpg
    Puck's long shorts did not exist in any capacity, had to either go with normal shorts or long pants, but I instead chose to use the fairy pants, which were, amusingly enough, the right length. Sims 3 made the Summerdreams and Gossamers fairies, so I generally assume Puck is too what with him and his parents having the elf ears too, and Oberon and Titania being the king and queen of the Fae, they likely took some young fairies into their care. His face makeup is much less awful to look at this time too. There wasn't anything as obnoxious in 3, fortunately.

Cg5ZclU.jpg
    Bottom had the worst luck. Children generally get a real short end of the stick in this game, with their faces all looking the same, and if you customise a child's face too much, their teenage face onwards takes a huge hit. I always age up the child to adult, then customise the Sims 2 version based on their adult face structure, then age them down to child. Bottom's dreadlocks hairstyle isn't represented in any form in Sims 3; dreadlocks in general are barely there for females, I keep having to use this one terrible style for them.

M2pcj9d.png
    Next post I'll post the Summerdream/Gossamer ancestors and how I made neat characters out of low-res mugshots with no body data that only existed in family trees. But here is the full tree, it even carries the EXACT same order tha it does in Sims 2 when you open Puck and bottom's family tree. Ancestors in this family always show the father on the right, as if all the fairies in these four families are matrilineal. Oberon is oddly shown on the left on both Puck and Oberon's family tree, and ive kept that. To fix it, detach Puck and Bottom from Oberon and Titania's family tree with Master Controller, then re-add the parents, selecting Titania first; she will then be on the left.

The Summerdream Ancestors: Creating sims out of nothing more than headshots and leftover data.
    In Sims 2, the three starter neighbourhoods for the most part have the playable sims all with an extensive family tree, showing parents and grandparents, but generally these ancestors only exist in the game files as severely cut down data; just a mugshot or two, and data on their aspiration and personality, and even that is often incomplete or broken. The actual body data is gone for almost all of them, so you cannot resurrect them, nor can one find out their full original set of outfits. Some of the sims that did not lose their data, have old corrupted data, likely from a previous build of the game that never got updated; afterall, they were just tombstones right?

I rebuild all of these ancestors, only to kill them off, to keep that family tree present. All my uploads will have the tombstones either on the lot, or in someone's inventory. I tried leaving the tombstones in family inventory, but that didnt preserve the family tree when installing the lot; the sims themselves survived the process, but the relationships all had to be re-established. Sims with aliens in the family tree, ie Caliente and Smith, the alien ancestors end up with ITF's futuristic tombstones unless the alien died on earth and was buried by humans. Unwanted tombstones can generally be dumped in the graveyard, either on the grounds, or in the mausoleum itself.

In the case of missing personality points, I'll generally improvise. Its still more than EA ever gave them :p Anyay; here is an example of a family tree restoration, and my attempts to give some life to some rather fuzzy headshots (Veronaville suffered heavily from low resolution images, which you will see below)

Brillante Summerdream
    h9YqZJs.jpg
    latest?cb=20090228202121 The head of the Summerdream line, I made her a gardener, fully utilising her natural fairy powers to shape her kingdom, what was likely Veronaville before it became the divided town it is today. She was ambitious and a bit of a party animal like most faeries, and took Pistol as her husband

Pistol Summerdream
    L8oTL9y.jpg
    latest?cb=20090228202800 Pistol was a humble alchemist who used Brillante's alchemical gardens to provide elixirs to the fae kingdom, and eventually attracted the eye of the queen herself, and found himself the king of the fae. He stayed out of the spotlight and generally preferred to read books or work on his recipes; his crowning achievement was the development of Pollen Punch in elixir form, a recipe passed down the line, but noone has been able to replicate his methods (Real talk: There is a Pollen Punch elixir hidden in the game that functions just like the stuff you drink in a fairy house; except any sim can drink it. It can be learned via debug commands, but cannot be made at the alchemy station. I have left a small supply in the Summerdream house; it is the last of Pistol's stock, and true to my backstory, all four know the recipe, but cannot make it.

Sylph Featherlight
    RxplRbS.jpg
    latest?cb=20090602044818 Sylph was a goodhearted fairy with a penchant for black with a talent for seeing the future. Brillante came to her for private readings every now and then, such was the accuracy of her fortune-telling. She was also an exceptional mother, but was unable to curb Elvin's more negative traits.

Damon Featherlight
    3O01Iil.jpg
    latest?cb=20090602044840
    A troublemaker even by fae standards, Damon was on the wrong side of the fortune-telling career when he bumped into Sylph. She somewhat straightened him out, and he ended up her mostly-loyal partner for the rest of his life.

Fae Summerdream
    Bd20CSG.jpg
    latest?cb=20120814231205
    The born heir to the Summerdream monarchy, Fae was more interested in adventure and feats of daring than managing the kingdom's affairs. She lived as a magician, entertaining the sims of the growing Veronaville, unaware of her fairy nature. After Brillante's passing and her crowning as the new queen of the Fae, ironic given her name also being 'Fae', she settled down slightly with Elvin, and had Titania. She met an untimely end when distraught over Elvin's death; drowning on stage during an act, to the horror of her audience.

Elvin Summerdream
    FKX826A.jpg
    latest?cb=20090228203417
    Elvin was the student of Shock Gossamer; the legendary chef of the Fae world (In the original data, although its hard to see due to the low res, Elvin and Shock both wore outfits from the top of the Culinary career) and aspired to surpass him, as he was not opposed to meat dishes and beleived he could achieve success by catering to a larger audience. However, due to a prank gone wrong from Damon during his childhood, he was terrified of water, and when his kitchen went ablaze on a live show, he panicked and shut himself in the freezer instead of diving into water. He froze to death, inadvertently causing the death of his wife the same day, and brought about the early coronation of his daughter Titania.

Download Titania's Ancestors here

Will post Oberon's ancestors soon.

edited April 2020
    Oberon's side of the family isnt as royal, but I like to think the Gossamer line had an important role in the fae kingdom

Momentilla Bramble
    dwORsLO.jpg
    latest?cb=20090602044336 Momentilla looks rather comical, and I wanted to work in a black sheep bad fairy into the family somewhere, kind of like a less-competent Malificent. Her red evil aura also acts as a counterpart to Sylph's blue aura. Her original incarnation also had the cut Power aspiration, which helped me push her towards a criminal fairy.

Bob Bramble
    hhpsGMI.jpg
    latest?cb=20090602044133 Bob is so amazingly normal in this family tree. He looks like he'd be an everyday normal grandpa, just with pointy ears (in TS2) and with light wings (TS3). I like to think that he was Momentilla's anchor that kept her craziness and bad stunts under control. They are already a rather unlikely looking pair to start with. I made him a doctor, as business is the Capp family territory in Veronaville. Bob was also one of the only two ancestors that had personality points, so his traits are a bit more 'official'

Nym Gossamer
    PXb5prY.jpg
    latest?cb=20090601110016 Nym, the Gossamer founder on the tree, was another case of the Dreadlock Problem that im constantly running into. She looks rather plainish, compared to her rather outlandish partner Shock, and I made her compliment his chef skills with Nectar Making. She probably supplied the monarchy with nectar for the royal gatherings.

Shock Gossamer
    NOdINbR.jpg
    latest?cb=20120816211729 Shock has always been the most over the top ancestor in Sims 2. An old guy with a mohawk and a chef outfit? I envisioned him as a celebrity chef amongst his kind, with one major caveat; he is fiercely vegetarian and his culinary arts never included anything with meat. When his student Elvin became the next in line to be king of the fae, he passed on his restaurant to him in good faith.

Zephyretta Gossamer
    FQ29Kw4.jpg
    latest?cb=20090601105813 Oberon's mother is another rather plain sim. Working in politics, she tried to secure a green future for Veronaville...until she was squished by a passing sim's trash while she was in fairy form. She rests inside the Summerdream home, on a table in the main room, where a blue vase used to rest.

Sprite Gossamer
    6KYynUg.jpg
    latest?cb=20120816232853 Sprite is a bit of an oddity. Adults cannot have white hair, so his original incarnation must have been bugged. However hes also the second ancestor to have personality points. Sprite in this incarnation was a rebellious type that worked in the criminal building alongside his mother, as a Master Forger. His wife never knew his artistic skills were used for nefarious purposes, but he did truly love her and their son. He met his early end trying to turn a newspaper into gold, only for his death to be reported in the very next issue. Somewhere out there, a collector now has a rather bizarre golden statue of a fairy screaming in terror..

Download Oberon's ancestors here

STEALTH EDIT: Get completed Summerdream family here. The will be a bit lonely without the Capps and Montys though. Soon...
    Post edited by Devalaous on

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,585 Member
    They look Wonderful! :heart:
  • EdoodEdood Posts: 4 New Member
    PleasantSims just recreated Pleasantview in TS3, if you'd like to check it out.
    https://pleasantsims.com/sims-3-pleasantview/
    Edood wrote: »
    PleasantSims just recreated Pleasantview in TS3, if you'd like to check it out.
    https://pleasantsims.com/sims-3-pleasantview/

'No other ancestors are included.' Well, I'll be including them, if anyone wants to add them to this (Master Controller and other such mods will be needed to link up the family tree stuff). Also, im still going to finish my own Pleasantview remakes, as this person's design philosophy is slightly different to mine. I also include the Sims 2 Pets and the Traveller families in all my Pleasantview games, so those four (five if you count Crittur), and theres also the Sim State University sims too that will need homes in Pleasantview.

Wonder if I could get someone to make a custom world for Four Corners though? I completed EVERYTHING for that world except the NPCs and Townies which are planned (Four corners has DOUBLE the townies and NPCs of a normal TS2 town, since theres a Freeplay variant)

Continuing my streak of Veronaville content

mu7a9jt.jpg
    The Monty Ranch is almost complete, just needs some edgy teen posters and piles of trash in the boys rooms, some CAS on the beds, a few plants in the garden to replace the cactuses that just do not exist in Sims 3 (I find this really weird..) and add the two urns to the back. Im going to do something neat with the urns; going to use the gift flowers to have a bunch of flowers from all the Monty family and a certain butler closely linked to the Monty family

CDpSjba.jpg
    Currently the house is just Patrizio, Isabella and Claudio. Antonio and Bianca already live out in other lots. Mercutio and Romeo are absent, as I need to create Olivia Monty and her 6 ancestors first, and its a daunting task.

mMsETQY.jpg
    Since im building these lots in Sunset Valley, the Capps and Montys share the rich area. The Monty home from Sims 2 PS2 is also up here. Speaking of which..

RS3vwF6.jpg
    The Sims 2 PS2 Monty household! Patrizio and Isabella's 'Everyday 2' outfit are their looks from Sims 2 PS2! Don Treadwell, their butler, is also present. I will be uploading him with the Cliffside Retreat lot. Using Master Controller, he can be made into a real butler then hired over the phone, but his career outfit will need to be replaced with a copy of his Everyday wear. I have even set his alma mater to the 'Cate School of Waitering' just like his bio always stated :p

M1wMFVg.jpg
    0xDM0Ra.jpg
    This may bring back some memories for those who played Sims 2 on the PS2.

• OugonmusouOugonmusou Posts: 33 Member
    Ah the Sims 2 basegame neighborhood had some of the best storylines in the entire series. You've done a great job at recreating some of them in the Sims 3 so far! Kudos to you. Can't wait to see the finalized versions!
    I am just a simple Sims 2 lore addict
    Ougonmusou wrote: »
    Ah the Sims 2 basegame neighborhood had some of the best storylines in the entire series. You've done a great job at recreating some of them in the Sims 3 so far! Kudos to you. Can't wait to see the finalized versions!

I will be making proper threads for these neighbourhoods once im done with the main content for each, like I did for Four Corners. I need to find my Sims 2 Tutorial neighbourhood remake thread and fix it up too. Im kinda using this thread as a spot to share my progress on things, as I tend to jump between projects a lot once I get motivated.

I haven't even touched any content from the three expansion neighbourhoods, the subhoods, or from Pet Stories yet, and I hope I dont. gotta stay focused on the main three for now :p

Currently making one of the empty homes on the Italian side. I always move the side-families from the Montys into these, its a bit odd otherwise, having the Montys live on the other side, given the mysterious deaths of Hero, Olivia and Claudio.

On that note, I have given Patrizio and Consort the mean-spirited trait as a bonus trait; 'earned' through the traumas of the bloodfeud they have going on. The many deaths on both sides have twisted them both; they were both a lot different in their youth in Monte Vista and Roaring Heights respectively.

VNRdXfM.jpg
    There are three of these homes in Veronaville, all with the exact same terrain paint; its clear the developers made one, then placed copies, then slightly edited them. One of them was used to create one of the four family bin families, as it has no bathroom fixtures, lights, anything.

eGs6F8P.jpg
    The Stratford Street home, which I believe to have been Claudio's old home before he and his wife died.

ntCDiPr.jpg
    The Avon Avenue home, which was likely Antonio's former home.

MYB24dz.jpg
    Yes, I even made the Old Silo Farm. Its probably better off being made into a community lot after various plants are planted on the grounds, a sort of community garden. Ideal for the Monty family, which has a long history of culinary mastery.

All these lots have been uploaded to my studio, along with Don Treadwell, and the Cliffside Retreat remake.

TZr5AM0.jpg
    Now its time to catch up with the Capp family.

641iBQr.jpg
    This is Consort Capp from EA's Roaring Heights world. Unlike earlier worlds, the later worlds had more care put into the TS2 cameos; he looks like he does in TS2 as an elder, with just a slightly more realistic appearance.

sws3iWz.jpg
    This is Cordelia with a natural face, born ingame in Roaring Heights. A natural blend of Consort and Contessa's features, looks very 'Capp'. But, this isnt how she looked in TS2, so a makeover was required.

49AzfQR.jpg
    gSfKEDO.jpg
    Cordelia and Caliban Capp, both are actual properly functioning sims this time. In the original game, Caliban was a glitchy mess, and Cordelia had a broken face and didn't properly register as a ghost. Caliban's parents are also present on the lot, and will either be in the Capp graveyard if space allows it, or in what I call 'the Ancestor Chest'; a treasure chest on the lot with ancestor's tombstones inside for players to put in the graveyard or on the lot as they desire.

9AMr4W5.jpg
    Cordelia's kids are all done; I even got Tybalt's ridiculous facemask sort-of present. I made it only appear on his Everyday 1 outfit; unlike the original, he wont have the mask on when sleeping or in the shower, and has an Everyday 2 without it. I wasnt able to give him his faint facial stubble, due to Sims 3's VERY limited options for teen facial hair. Tybalt's short IS in the game, but not available to teens, so I made do with something similar. Juliette's jean-skirt wasnt a thing, but shes recognisable at a glance. Hermia has the biggest changes, but should still be largely recognisable. She even has blond hair roots to reflect her natural hair colour; she was the only one to inherit Cordelia's blonde hair. Caliban and his parents all had red hair, so its no wonder Juliette and Tybalt have it too.

Ncmt99G.jpg
    Any teen I remake that is close to adulthood, I make them learn how to drive and give them a car. Tybalt, Johnny Smith, Ophelia Nigmos, etc, are all old enough to have a car, so I might as well make it official and give them a driving certificate. Inactive teen sims tend to drive cars regardless, but maybe the bikes I assign to Hermia and Juliette will curb that. Probably not :p Regardless the two have cheap cars to grow into once they earn them. I give every sim their own car or vehicle; otherwise the game will generate random cars for them that will be hilariously unfitting.

e99dVPo.jpg
    Contessa Capp declined a photograph, and was determined to hide in and levitate Consort's couch.

Tinkering away again at things. Most of Veronaville is done, but im bored out of my mind with editing the throwaway ancestors of the Capps and Montys, so I went back to Strangetown and finished up the Curious, Specter and Smith families, or so I thought. Test runs have shown that family trees of ghosts tend to get severed if they are stored in boxes or in family inventory, so I'll have to leave the tombstones in a sim's pocket afterall. Also noticed that placing the Curious family down in a new town, then placing the Specter and Smith families down in different town edits, the game automatically assigned Jenny as the sister to her brothers, and Ophelia as Johnny's girlfriend, it even remembered how many days the relationship had lasted. Seems there are hooks left in these uploads that look for a certain Sim ID, then re-attach if they are found. Rather neat! Less steps for a user to take to establish the neighbourhood as it was in Sims 2 :p

I took a lot of extra steps with Johnny Smith too; since hes the ingame tutorial on aging up for Sims 2, hes all set for that ingame; hes graduated from all his school clubs, has a prom photo of Ophelia and him together (forgot to check if this photo was saved, oops.) and has his driving skill maxed out with his own car, all ready for adult life. I should do the same for Ophelia, whos only a day younger than him.

Creating the full graveyard for Olive's garden was an arduous task, especially since several sims in there have corrupt outfit data and no personality or aspiration to adapt to traits. Had to wing it for all of them.

• oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Devalaous these are absolutely incredible, well done!
    oliv3 wrote: »
    @Devalaous these are absolutely incredible, well done!

its all done in official EA content too, no CC, just stuff from expansions and store content. Although I try to avoid store content if I can, as that means people downloaded the uploaded finished work have ti have that content too for things to look right.

I hope that one day people will use my work to create their own little versions of Strangetown and other Sims 2 towns

Screenshot_2020-08-20_10.35.37.png?width=1248&height=702
    So, sims 2's raised hot hubs arent present in sims 3 in any way, and trying to use one on a higher level makes interesting problems for people downstairs. You can ignore the people's feet and the bottom of the tub poking through the ceiling sometimes, and its no issue if on the ground floor. Some homes have the hot tub as an integral part of it though, like the Pleasantview condos. The other person that rebuilt Pleasantview in Sims 3 before me used friezes to alter the layouts to make the hottubs work, and ive been dreading trying my hand at it, as too many layout changes makes me antsy; given how closely I try to match original content.

Screenshot_2020-08-20_10.44.12.png
    I think this kind of worked out. On that note, Bitville is almost 100% done on the 'playable sim and lot' side.

edited October 2020
    Ive resumed Veronaville work after a long break. The giant family trees are exhausting.

4obi3jW.jpg
    Goneril and Ariel Capp. Goneril is actually EA's official version from Roaring Heights, aged up. She looks VERY accurate, unlike earlier Sims2 sims made by EA.

cYw4Ung.jpg
    Albany Capp. His moustache isnt quite so grand this time.

iXwdisj.jpg
    Miranda Capp was rather difficult, she has the classic Capp features and has a rather unique outfit, so I made do with loose approximations. On the plus side, she actually looks like a young rebellious teeenager now.

xQEPDYC.jpg
    'Get a room! Gross!' Teen girls have no PJ outfit like in Sims 2, so she has an approximation of her black PJs

xiR60Pp.jpg
    Mjppndy.jpg
    Hal and Desdemona have a new Everyday outfit so they arent playing dress-up all day, every day. Much like what I did for Tybalt, Ariel's facepaint is only on one outfit of hers.

aZunslR.jpg
    Miranda is the youngest of the Capp teens, so she bikes to school. Shes got a car in her inventory to discourage the game from automatically buying her cars, and its there for when her parents eventually teach her to drive. I only do this ingame when they are somewhat close to aging up, otherwise its like 13 year olds with cars >.>

xFGtqka.jpg
    The kids still have their pirate and fairy costumes, as an Everyday 2 outfit. Thats Romeo Monty in the background, although I dont think im finished tweaking him.

LZVdX60.jpg
    I thought it was neat seeing the other Capp teens show up to school at the same time as Miranda, they even waved to each other. I think Tybalt just realised he didn't study for the test, going by his expression. I didnt see Puck, but you can see Bottom Summerdream there.

FKZmDOB.jpg
    Goneril isnt always grumpy. Just most of the time.

g2obSv3.jpg
    Globe Street is finished and working wonderfully.

m2ZrPKr.jpg
    Its fun seeing the carparks being nondecorative this time.

29iQA46.jpg
    And finally, we have the other Capp offshoot family. Kent's shirt irks me, but theres nothing else like his ugly sweater in the game. Kent is the weird one of the family though, so I guess this shirt flies.

Kent was born in-game in Roaring Heights, so hes got natural Capp features, Regan is the toddler from Roaring Heights, aged up. Cornwall had to be made from scratch, and sadly, his devil goatee wasn't a thing, so hes got the silly moustache from the Movie Stuff Pack.

EDIT: Forgot the boating stuff. Veronaville in Sims 2 is divided into english and italian sides by a big river, which has plenty of people boating in it. Since theres an active boating scene, I give most of the Veronaville sims boats to use. Especially the two warring families: the Capps have the money for it, and the Montys likely catch up a lot of food for their restaurants this way.

fdvaJdM.jpg
    Albany has a sailboat to fish from, and hes even put a pirate flag on it for father/son bonding with Hal, whos very into pirate things at this age :p

UqDeE1G.jpg
    Goneril and the girls cruising on the family speedboat
    Post edited by Devalaous on

I have completed every single lot in Veronaville now! Including all the variants on the english side, with little differences in each, and a small adaption of the Tiny Tudor and Helluva Hacienda lots from the base game lot bin, which were clearly meant to be used in Veronaville. All the lots are downloadable! I must note though that one lot has a backwards thumbnail; this is due to a build design that I forgot to account for. In Sims 3, you cant have a front door behind an archway, the game gets confused and thinks the back door is the front entrance. Several Veronaville homes feature this design, I solved it by replacing the archway with a glass door, thus making that the 'front door' for paper delivery and lot thumbnail stuff. Too late to reupload over a minor bug.

8txHB7L.jpg
    LBEReZX.jpg
    The Capp/Monty rivalry is in full force

GhHciBt.jpg
    I have two versions of Antonio Monty's family made; one is in the family bin for accuracy, the other is a prebuilt lot for him to live in with his kids. I moved him into a Tiny Tudor remake and edited it to match Veronaville's dirty lots. Seriously, the ground in Veronaville lots is always so muddy and torn up D:

You can see here the 'glass doorway' I talked about above too.

6t6OEE4.jpg
    Its moderately decorated, as Antonio had to move out of his old home to make ends meet after Hero died.

3qbkIB0.jpg
    I made the tiny room on the upstairs level wider to accommodate a bedroom for each of the twins; never liked making a girl and a boy share a room.

MDdbaWo.jpg
    Antonio's version of the lot has Hero's grave out back. I don't know if I did a convincing job, but its better than Sims 2, where her data was shredded and her grave non-existent. Antonio has all of Hero's ancestors in his inventory, to be moved into a graveyard. Family tree SHOULD be linked, ive been finding that only certain methods of uploading preserve the family tree; if it doesnt stay linked, you'll just have to use Master Controller to fix it yourself. Technically you'll have to use MC anyway, since Veronaville is ALL about the giant connected family trees. Cant have Antonio falling in love with Bianca now :p

c3SNZ1a.jpg
    twLlCtL.jpg
    The big lot with the hedge maze, I often wonder if this is where Cordelia and Caliban lived. Theres not really enough room for a couple and three teens, as all Veronaville tudor homes can usually fit two or three small bedrooms, but you can probably make it work.

Also been working on Strangetown again, for a small town it has a LOT of work to do if you factor in PS2 and PSP Strangetown lots and sims, even more if you try to tackle the GBA stuff (I'll be adding as many of the sims from that as I can, but the buildings are just too different to do)

dhCFAbR.jpg
    Finally got the Smith family perfected, and packaged up. Spent way too much time making Johnny complete all his school things so that it really feels like hes on his last day. Players may want to bump up his alien DNA percentage to 50% after he ages to YA to unlock his alien powers; he has the black alien eyes in Sims 2 PSP, so people can assume they developed late. In Sims 3, alien powers are available as long as your alien DNA is 20% or higher, with the tradeoff of always having black eyes and an echoey voice. There is no real dilution, sadly. Thus to have Johnny with his trademark human eyes, he has 19.99999% alien DNA

7y56nkO.jpg
    Pascal and Tycho Curious. It was too much hassle to have it exactly like in Sims 2, where he gives birth shortly after loading the lot. It was unfair on me to try to manage the timing of that, plus the nightmare of maternity clothes :p

Sims 2 PSP canon establishes the baby as a male named Tycho, so I just skipped the birth and have Tycho already freshly born. You can link up the Pollination Technician to the family tree by replacing one of the default aliens with my Pollination Technician skin, making the alien father actually reachable :p

H5z97KL.jpg
    Vidcund Curious was hard to recreate, he has this really specific look. I think I did well though. The science station replaces the chess table in the Curous family lot, as the chess table oddly cant fit in that room due to engine differences. Its relocated in the plant room though, so they can still play chess.

FT2q2lD.jpg
    Lazlo looks a bit different, but he still feels like the 'chill-out' brother of the three.

AcnsZEF.jpg
    The most animated ive ever seen a baby in Sims 3. I completely forgot strollers were a thing.

yveRYgU.jpg
    The game decided to crash on me after several hours of unsaved work on the Specter lot, so I have to redo a LOT of ghost fixing (I swear, this lot is buggy in BOTH games), but I did catch this rather silly moment of Ophelia pillow fighting with Grim.

At long last I have reached a wonderful milestone in my Veronaville remakes; every ancestor, the most painfully boring part of the whole project, is done after WAY too many months. It is so incredibly dull making all these old people, with nothing but a thumbnail on the wiki to guide me, only for them to end up as gravestones. But noone else making Sims 3 remakes ever does the small details like this, so I might as well!

I will be making a graveyard for all these graves to be moved to, currently the homes all have the graves on the lot.

kD7Au9K.png
    6Zf1s35.png
    TIt5wUG.png
    Yh6120h.png
    sSEFE8R.png
    The complete Capp family tree

kdPxIDM.png
    BGRy8xT.png
    Ss3W892.png
    6a6PV40.png
    The complete Monty family tree

M2pcj9d.png
    Reposting the Summerdream family tree for comparisons, as the entire playable town and its ancestors are in one post :D
    (I have also made a Summerdream alt where they are not fairies, as in Sims 2, but the ancestors still are.)

This means I can now upload the Veronaville families to my Studio for others to play with. I am now working on the Academie Le Tour students who living in Veronaville, to flesh out the place, as JUST Montys and Capps and the Summerdreams is rather limiting, and the reason I never played Veronaville much back in the day.

• cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    Yes, in sims 2 there is this expensive beach house that i always had my sims buy so i decided to recreate it in 3 for my sims to enjoy. I've also rebuilt my favorite farm home from 2 into 3.

Didn't really do much sim recreation except once. I did one huge project for a very close friend of mine and I used the create a world tool to create Belladonna Cove as a sims 3 world. I went back and forth from 2 and 3 to make sure every lot was where it was suppose to be and to make sure the homes/community lots were as prefect as I could get them. Some of the community lots where changed a tad to fit in the needed rabbit holes and some got just a small transformation to have more sims 3 like activities but I did my best to keep it as it was in 2. I also recreated all of the sims and moved them into their rightful lots doing my best to keep them as similar as possible. It's the only time I went all out to make an exact replica of something from sims 2.

I've also remade some sims 2 sims in sims 4 like Caster Nova and Heather and that became a project to recreate all the sorority/fraternity sims in 4 when university came out. though what I did instead of playing those sims, I paired them up the way I use to in sims 2 and randomize a child for them. Than I rebuilt the sorority house from sims 2 for one of my sims to stay in I put the randomized children in the sorority house so my sim went to university with the children of the sorority/fraternity sims children instead of them going with the sims 2 sims cause I figure it bring a bit of old and new to my game.
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    Yes, in sims 2 there is this expensive beach house that i always had my sims buy so i decided to recreate it in 3 for my sims to enjoy. I've also rebuilt my favorite farm home from 2 into 3.

Didn't really do much sim recreation except once. I did one huge project for a very close friend of mine and I used the create a world tool to create Belladonna Cove as a sims 3 world. I went back and forth from 2 and 3 to make sure every lot was where it was suppose to be and to make sure the homes/community lots were as prefect as I could get them. Some of the community lots where changed a tad to fit in the needed rabbit holes and some got just a small transformation to have more sims 3 like activities but I did my best to keep it as it was in 2. I also recreated all of the sims and moved them into their rightful lots doing my best to keep them as similar as possible. It's the only time I went all out to make an exact replica of something from sims 2.

I've also remade some sims 2 sims in sims 4 like Caster Nova and Heather and that became a project to recreate all the sorority/fraternity sims in 4 when university came out. though what I did instead of playing those sims, I paired them up the way I use to in sims 2 and randomize a child for them. Than I rebuilt the sorority house from sims 2 for one of my sims to stay in I put the randomized children in the sorority house so my sim went to university with the children of the sorority/fraternity sims children instead of them going with the sims 2 sims cause I figure it bring a bit of old and new to my game.

Create-A-World is something I just cant get the hang of, its not all that newbie friendly sadly. Would be neat to try my hand at making a Strangetown that also features the PSP areas, and more living space.

The worst part is definitely the ancestors and NPCs, its sheer tedium, but if you DONT do it, you get things like the Curious family able to romance thier cousins, and 'pudding face' service sims with outlandish haphazard outfits. Its quite possible to improvise with a lot of NPCs though; Exterminators can become the town ghost hunters, excess social workers can be assigned to the pet adoption side, Headmasters simply become employed in the Education career to give playables a boss and coworkers, I even have a hilarious idea for the nannies; im making them into the Crazy Nannies daycare company with a branch in each town xD (Since nraas mods now have an option to send kids to someones daycare rather than hire a babysitter). Things like gardeners, carpool drivers and delivery men can simply find new jobs to fill out other roles, or be left in the homeless pool for the game to assign to things. Also, with the Repomen and Social Workers, since despite having generic names, they DO have very unique personality points, aspirations and skill points, I make them too but give them names Sims 2 style; I look at the credits and match two names together

Making brand new lots to fill out gaps the original neighbourhoods didnt have, like rabbit holes and lots like graveyards is where im not very good, seems im not quite that good at original content. Mimicing EA's designs and reworking their stuff to translate to one engine to another

FD7u33g.jpg
    VGglHVW.jpg
    This is my attempt at a simple non-nonsense graveyard to house the 68 dead ancestors I had to make (Well, 68 minus the two at the Monty house, the grave of Hero at Antonio's, the four previous rulers at the Summerdream house, and the Capp's personal graveyard). It has a deathfish pond, two death flower plants, and enough graves to replace with the ancestors packaged in the various lots

nYuHcu5.jpg
    EJZEtfF.jpg
    This is a little bonus lot I made to include the 'fairy side' of the town, the Summerdream Gardens. Its basically a small lot with the plants the Veronaville Market doesnt have, stuff like alchemy plants, herbs, mushrooms and the fruit trees, and the Arboretum rabbithole.

hbiilNK.jpg
    Titania comes with the Queen of the Fae lifetime reward in the fairy version of the family, made a non-fairy version of the family too to closer match how they played in TS2

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/983623/sims-2-veronaville-lots-and-sims-rebuilt-for-sims-3/

Veronaville thread is up, and I'll be spending the day posting individual updates as I gather the required screenshots. Following this will be uploads of Bitville. Ive also added an index to the first post of all three of my threads to link them all together. Will have to redo the Tutorial World thread entirely too, to the format ive been using for Four Corners and Veronaville

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989042/sims-life-stories-bitville-lots-and-sims-rebuilt-for-sims-3/p1

Finally got the Bitville thread posted. Been super busy with a lot of other games, but ive been getting progress here and there. Here is some more Strangetown stuff, the simple town thats amusingly giving me the MOST troubles.

kxH0cAV.jpg
    The big community lot for Strangetown has a working carpark now, and although a carpark that small cant work irl, I didn't have much choice here. Looks great to me anway, seeing people's cars come and go.

NSkXpyn.jpg
    Sims flock to the place; you can see Loki Beaker, Nervous Subject, Vidcund Curious, Bella Goth, Emily Emory and one of the PSP Strangetown Townies all hanging out in the former grocery store. Its now a mix of cafe, nectar store, and fresh produce store, with vending machines. The games store became a Nerd Shop, the weird pool outback became an indoor fishing spot with the Late Night fish spawners, and the clothing store became a Consignment Store. Considering a second version that restores the weird pool; I removed it because there's already a pool lot, and fishing spots aren't exactly common in the desert.

wiScEwH.jpg
    The Beaker home, albeit a WIP. Been putting this one off for ages, as Nervous Subject's psuedobasement is causing issues, and I really don't want to spend hours making the Beaker ancestors. At least Loki's ancestors can be used in Aurora Skies, as the grandparents of his parents.

cklfmoC.jpg
    The big pool in Strangetown is often full of sims; here you can see three of the Singles household, Ajay Loner, Oscar Del Fuego, Deputy Duncan, and even Jonas Bragg from the PS2.

ErbDwyL.jpg
    Its the Service Station from Sims 2 PSP! A lot of imagination was needed for this one to work; the main shop serves as an Elixir Consignment Store, and there is a decorative mechanic garage out back. There is also a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon out the back, which provides a Fortune Teller career for Strangetown. You can see Deputy Duncan's car out front, as well as Mambo Loa. The Food Truck was a natural addition, since the store inside is now for elixirs.

EjBvaFX.jpg
    I painstakingly made Oscar's workshop as accurate to the PSP version as I could make it. He even has a car he can actually tinker with.

MQL3eRd.jpg
    Also from the PSP version; Isaac Rossum's home, translated to proper Sims game. He now has a back yard, with a clothesline and a new back door, and the home has been arranged a little to give him somewhere to actually sleep; several of these PSP homes didn't include bedrooms! Getting Roberta Rossum working as a robotic wife is...very troublesome. I cant seem to get her to be human on the outside, Plumbot on the inside. I have managed a cyborg sim thats flesh but with a few plumbot abilities, but its very buggy, and have also managed a Simbot version of Roberta, but she walks terribly. I may just settle for a regular human sim with aging turned off.

Isfm72F.jpg
    Sims 2 for PS2 had a regular family living in a green urban center called the Freebers family; they were said to live in Strangetown, despite how the place didn't remotely look like Strangetown at all! Still, I remade them too. They were total blank slates, and I had to make up a roof for the home, so its got a rather odd roof that likely looks bizarre.

7DT6JL1.jpg
    The Crashsite from Sims 2 PS2! This one was very fun. I split the lot into two lots, Jonas Bragg living in his tiny home alone, and the alien home now its own thing. Its now a physical shell around the alien home inside, and now has a basement: I added the basement entirely for that sand garden at the front you can see; the pattern there is no coincedence, as the family UFO is parked under there. I imagine that garden as hangar doors that slide open in the night, the UFO rising up out of the hole. The large hole in the ground is nowhere near as big, but it can be expanded greatly if the house is placed on a larger lot. The home has Into the Future spawn points, such as the dystopia bugs and the special fish in that pond, as well as a crystal plant behind the house. The aliens aren't that good at hiding who they are.

Making content from the PSP and PS2 games is quite a challenge, as it translates poorly to Sims 3, but that just means I have to get more inventive.