Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Blackwell Chronicles (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Oh boy, you guys are going to make my head explode :D
    @Zora1327
    That's really interesting! Especially what you say about not being able to re-marry after a spouse's death, that's got to be tough if your spouse dies young. Does that mean that in your culture marriage is considered to bind people even beyond death? Can I ask where you're from? Feel free to not answer of course, I'm just curious.

Where I am, polygamy is not a thing, but polyamory, at least casual, non-exclusive dating is not uncommon. It's been engrained in me throughout the first half of my twenties to never assume my partner is not seeing other people unless explicitly stated. Though I did not date particularly fantastic people, until I met my husband, haha.

Goodness, that is a large family! I can't blame you for not remembering all of their names :D

Here's a reply, but it might talk about some other serious/mature stuff:
    It's Indian tradition, haha (East Indian, so Asians), so yeah. I live in the U.S, but heard about India from my parents. People there take marriage and romance really seriously, and most of the time parents are involved as well! Sometimes a parent chooses a spouse for their child but their child has already fallen in love with someone else, and that can get nasty really quickly. :s I've heard stories of parents and children breaking ties, even, for this reason! (As for LGBTQ+, it's out of the question for most Indian people a generation or two above me!)

As for remarrying after divorce/being widowed, I found that widows/divorcees (especially the ones with children) can only find other widows/divorcees (that might also have children) as single people don't want to marry them. I don't know why, but perhaps it has something to do with virginity? :(

Polygamy was a slightly popular idea sometime back in India, but like the olden times, (as @candycottonchu said) romantic feelings and attractions were not taken into consideration and was usually focused on wealth/social standing/some other political or financial reason. Poor would marry the poor and rich would marry the rich, and there were a ton of arranged marriages being arranged by the parents. There were very few marriages being made by the children as well.

As for me, I've never dated before, I never really found anyone sexually attractive or anything like that.

I know, right? :D I wonder how that family worked and how my paternal grandparents raised that many children! :astonished: My maternal grandparents as well! They were also as old as my oldest paternal aunt as well! So yup!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    @Zora1327
    Ah ok, thank you for sharing that! I had some Indian flatmates in uni but I can't say we talked about marriage in depth, since as uni students, we were much more focused on the here an now :) The brother of a good friend of mine is actually married to a girl from India, in their case there was no involvement from her parents setting it up (given that he's a random dude from central Europe, haha), but I think they are quite an atypical example.

Ha yes, my family is pretty small, my husband's family is a bit bigger than mine (mainly due to the fact that most of them are divorced) but nothing of that size, so I can't imagine having a huge family like that - I bet it's all kinds of chaos, but probably has its perks too :)
    So this is a thing... that happens.

• candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    Woah.... :D
    we're sinking to new lows... all of them
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    I came on forums just to drop this off.. good night!
    giphy.gif

Plumbob, #Yudothistome. :joy:
    @DeafSimmer @candycottonchu @mercuryfoam

Thanks for reading guys :sweat_smile: I'll reply to the WP comments soon as soon as I've finished my evil laugh...
    I may or may not have dubbed this chapter delivering something that people want in the least satisfying way possible... which may just be the whole premise of BC :joy:
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    @ThePlumbob you have indeed succeeded in your plans :weary:
    you're much more ebil than I expected :smirk:
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    Looks like I'm not the only one that should have a scythe or two, Plumbob. :joy::cry:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited October 2020
    @candycottonchu
    Haha, apparently I am rather evil, yup. I must confess this was one of the things that I always planned on happening since the very beginning :grimace:

@_sims_Yimi Who, me? o:) I don't know what you're talking about. I hang out in Sylvan Glade all the time. :mrgreen: Let me distract you with a pancake or something...
    edited October 2020
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    @_sims_Yimi Who, me? o:) I don't know what you're talking about. I hang out in Sylvan Glade all the time. :mrgreen: Let me distract you with a pancake or something...

@ThePlumbob Lovely. I'll have mine with a side of blueberries. Here's your honorary scythe in the meantime, kettle. :D
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    Oh man, I feel like I could go on a long rant about why these three having a kid is the worst idea. But I'd also I'd love to see Morgyn's plan backfire on them and the kid end up hating them in the end. >:)

I suppose we still don't know if Micah can have kids, so maybe it won't work (I don't put much faith in that). And if it does, I suppose they have nine months to get things figured out and maybe get therapy to work on their problems (only in a perfect world, lol). Plus, money doesn't seem to be an issue with Morgyn in the picture, so they don't have to worry about that. Maybe I'm just being a massive pessimist. Maybe this will help Micah and Cordelia grow closer, and maybe they'll be good parents (I'm trying to convince myself it will be all okay :D).
    edited October 2020
    @lone_cat
    I mean, they're all messed up, but on the plus side, the kid would get three of them, right? :D

I'm not sure how these guys would fare in therapy, far too much magical stuff for them to explain. Maybe spellcaster therapists should be a thing :D
    Plus, money doesn't seem to be an issue with Morgyn in the picture, so they don't have to worry about that. Maybe I'm just being a massive pessimist.
    See, you say you're a pessimist, but you've managed to identify the one positive: money's not an issue :mrgreen: So they have that going for them...

Yes, maybe it will be totally fine. And it might not even work.
    The cringe levels are high in this chapter. Apologies in advance.

@DeafSimmer
    The awkward morning after, the awkward evening after, or the, err, woodworking? :D
    Chapter 56
    Even with Cordelia in as dark a space as she is, she still subconsciously goes for the love statue as she works. Gah. T.T There’s so much confusion and suppressed emotion and unspoken words between Cordie and Micah, and the fact that even she can tell that she’d just melt back into Morgyn’s arms doesn’t help.

Ironically, to me it feels like Micah and Cordie have more genuine chemistry with each other than either one of them ever has with Morgyn. I still think they should just ditch Morgyn and go live with Dandy in Sylvan glades and just be happy. I know it won’t happen but a girl can dream, right? :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    Ironically, to me it feels like Micah and Cordie have more genuine chemistry with each other than either one of them ever has with Morgyn. I still think they should just ditch Morgyn and go live with Dandy in Sylvan glades and just be happy. I know it won’t happen but a girl can dream, right?

YAS.

A part of me thinks that with these two constantly being spun around by Morgyn, one day they just might not be able to return to Sylvan Glades. If Cordy and Micah actually conceives a child, Micah for whatever reason, Cordy for the sake of tying herself to Morgyn because it's better than nothing, will she/they still be able to enter the tree with such motives? :(

Luckily these are just speculation on my part >.> *cross fingers* NO BABY. Or baby. Maybe the baby would wake Cordy and Micah up. Give Micah something else to live for or smth. But still that's mad grey grounds just thinking or suggesting that. I'm obviously barred from the tree haha. :joy:
    edited November 2020
    @_sims_Yimi
    Luckily she's totally taking a healthy approach to dealing with the situation, right? Suppressing everything is a great way to handle it, and Micah seems to agree, so I'm sure things will go swimmingly...

Side note - I didn't realise you could make emotional wooden sculptures until making this chapter, it's kind of cool. The sad one is a little person with an umbrella!

That's an interesting point. I suppose it's up to them to work out if they have genuine chemistry or not, not that I know if they can with them both so busy burying their heads in the sand, lol.

@mercuryfoam
    Ooh, that's some speculation. I can't confirm or deny anything, other than that it likely depends on how strict or lenient the whole pure of heart thing is, or what the exact criteria might be. Which is completely open to interpretation, at least so far.

edited November 2020
    Chapter 57
    I still think that the ideal outcome of this is for Micah and Cordelia to confess their love to each other (however awkwardly influenced by magic it now is, ffs) and decide to collectively ditch Morgyn. They can have new first kiss like the one on the balcony, but better, and without it all coming crashing down two seconds after. :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Ok so I'm here because I read yimi's comment on your chapter.
    LORD NO. DON'T HARM DANDY!!!! :bawling:
    Ok so I'm here because I read yimi's comment on your chapter.
    LORD NO. DON'T HARM DANDY!!!! :bawling:
    @ThePlumbob NO HARMING DANDY PLUMBOB. Mercury and I are both platonically married to him and IT'S NOT ALLOWED :joy:
    J6AKQqX.jpg
  • SnuffyBucketSnuffyBucket Posts: 569 Member
    @ThePlumbob @mercuryfoam @_sims_Yimi
    Elves are super tasty though. Yum yum.
    Banner-2-with-filters.jpg
    Almost Eternal
    @mercuryfoam @_sims_Yimi @SnuffyBucket
    I'm sure it's nothing. Dreams are weird.
    Elves are super tasty though. Yum yum.
    This is true.