Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should sims go through puberty?

I think it would make the game more interesting than just having stages of life.

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No thanks! Don't want to experience THAT monstrosity again.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No thanks! Don't want to experience THAT monstrosity again.

Must agree with this.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oh please, no!
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    They have mood swings as teens already.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, there are quite a few accidents that happen to children going through puberty which is and can be very embarrassing. It think I don't want to see those sort of things in The Sims games. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Uh, No.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Leaselmary wrote: »
    They have mood swings as teens already.

I thought so too. Do those mood swings and 'phases' not count as puberty?
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    No thank you. Going through puberty was a pain in the... well, a lot of stuff. I really don't care to re-live that. Not even virtually.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Hard pass on this. They have mood swings. That's enough. I think if you have parenthood you can also give your sims facial break outs and that's enough reality for me.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes. It would make them feel like actual teens instead of slimmer young adults that go to rabbit hole schools.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    no i clearly do not went to see this feature in the sims4 game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    In ts2 theyd also get acne as teenagers. But no puberty cycle please. Leave that to modders if anything
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    General puberty phase I'm down, but gender specific. no.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Maybe its just with the parenthood pack but I feel like when the sim kids go through their phases is probably the closest they will get to puberty
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Mood swings, and acne are a pretty good representation of puberty, without having to go into potentially inappropriate detail.
    The only additional thing that could be added to the concept, would be for teens to obsess over things, like particular books, movies, music, and celebrities.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I think what we have now as far as that goes is fine. Maybe the addition of acne breakouts but other than that no.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    No. They might put in the menopause and men's mid-life crisis too! :o
  • K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    The only additional thing that could be added to the concept, would be for teens to obsess over things, like particular books, movies, music, and celebrities.

I love this idea!!
    Simburian wrote: »

I think it would be an interesting little touch to have a female Sim, a few days before ageing up to an elder, start fanning herself and getting overheated moodlets at random.

I'm all for changes that make the life stages more different than just what the Sims look like. Currently, I think all of the Sims from teenager to elder are too similar.
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Not interested
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    I mean I guess the question would be what exactly would going through puberty mean? I myself as a girl don't remember anything "specific" happen besides a few girly issues. Some people get acne and we already have mood swings. What else could there be?

And remember not ALL teens even get acne. It's a hormonal imbalance and many adults may also get it.
    And mentally everyone ages and acts differently.
    I just can't think of what could be added.
    I'd personally much rather just have a highschool pack with teen drama and activities.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited November 2020

TS3 Generations had a chance of midlife crisis for adult Sims.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member

TS3 Generations had a chance of midlife crisis for adult Sims.

Yes, probably but when I played Generations I didn't touch it. Bad memories. :#
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I'm in the no camp as well. For one, timing it is very hard, as it starts at like 8 or 9 for some, and not til 14 or later for others, and doesn't happen as a singular event but a slow and ongoing series of visible and not-visible changes and isn't as readily leant to standardizing.

They'd also need to have a different timeline and way of playing out puberty for each sex, and possibly, to be fair, add in an intersex category because let's face it, not everyone is actually even physically neatly binary even though we are a mammalian species and do generally and usually come in male or female, anatomically. So a certain small percentage of Sims would need to be intersex.

Then, to be fair also, there needs to be acknowledgement of the end-game, the midlife hormonal changes and/or declines that affect men and women and intersex people, again, on differing but overlapping timelines, to differing but overlapping degrees...

They could handle it with the same slapdash stereotyping as is done with teen puberty, standardizing it to a shallow formula of: erectile dysfunction, muscle loss, fat gain, depression, and the buying of a little red sportscar for males, and for females, alternating between rage and tears, depression, muscle loss and fat gain also, and unpredictable changes in libido also, and...whatever the female analogue is to the buying of a little red sportscar, in the stereotypes.

I can see lots of reasons to leave it alone.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    That's a big fat no for me, that's not something I would be interested. I have 3 girls in RL who are each 5 years apart in age, I did female teens for 15 years straight, one would turn 18 and then the next one would turn 13 that same year and then repeat again .... so no thank you!
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Puberty? Probably not, but it depends on what that entails. Lifestages being actually different from each other? 100 times yes. As people have mentioned above we already have mood swings, and if you use mods, Slice Of Life has an amazing skincare and menstruation system. I think instead of adding more lifestages that will have barely any decent CAS items and 0 gameplay depth, we just need to improve what we have already.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna