Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    This looks like fun! I would guess the squares translates to tiles in game?

Edit: no, that can’t be right; perhaps two squares per game tile.

That's roughly where I went with it.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hi @AlJay Last month I started four different autumn builds and then kind of didn’t finish them. This one looks neat though I think I will wait until I can add some gratuitous platforms just because.
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    This would be an amazing structure to build off of the new Pack coming out.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Thank you @Taoron , I'll go with that.

And I thought so too, especially those rectangles leading up to the house, good to make out of plattforms.
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Auroraskies It looks like each square would be 1 foot each. I think 2 squares per floor section should work :)
  • Options
    Thank you, I think it does. Great blueprint, looks very interesting!
  • Options
    @JojoMOMSTER I agree! I will have to wait as well. I am really excited about the new update and pack. I am already trying to figure out a way to turn this house into a Japanese home :)
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Ah Cool! A new awesome Blueprint..!! Thanks again!

Unfortunately I've had too little time to build the big blueprint from October(Work..work..relationship), but this one I'll definitely join. Maybe I'll do 2.. 1 with SE and 1 without ( to set it up).

I can't wait to see everyone's take on this!
  • Options
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with @Lisamango0
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @AlJay the new build looks fun. I also didnt get my build finished although like @JojoMOMSTER I made 2 shells with very different roofing ideas. Hopefully I will get further with this one. Thank you for the challenges every month.
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Challenge Number: 13
    Gallery name of room: Bright Desert Home
    Origin id: icanhassims
    Notes: Try as I might, I could NOT get the proportions just right. I'm still pretty happy with the outcome though. :)
    Screenshots: all photos can be found at https://icanhassims.weebly.com/bright-desert-home.html
    11-02-20-3-19-11-pm_orig.png

Top-down views (2 photos):
    11-02-20-3-14-01-pm.png
    11-02-20-3-14-05-pm.png

Few extras (4 photos):
    11-02-20-3-08-14-pm.png
    11-02-20-3-09-39-pm.png
    11-02-20-3-10-38-pm.png
    11-02-20-3-12-52-pm.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    No worries @Becka28 it was a tough one :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with this month if you have enough time.
  • Options
    @icanhassims your house looks very nice! I think you did very well with your proportions :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Bright Desert Home is a lovely family home for the desert! @icanhassims :) The layout reflects the blueprint well! The brown exterior color is very nice,and the cactus garden beds are lovely! Very nice glass roof over the inner patio ! The cactus on either sides of the patio and the cactus garden nook there is very nice! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The natural desert colour of the walls and furnishings are lovely and warm! Very nice dining area! The wood texture dining table, cane dining chairs, and pretty basket of flowers on the table are very nice! The scenic desert landscape mural on the living room wall gives a great look to the area! The floral wreaths on the bedhead walls are pretty!
    It is a very nice desert home :)
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    Challenge Number: BB13
    Origin ID: Clousinators
    Gallery Name & link: Oakmont https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D8BF51391E7111EB891205BB85D44FD3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=clousinators&max=50&maxis=false
    Link to slideshow:
    Additional Notes:I was excited when I saw this, I have seen a few that look similar and have built what I thought it would look like. I decided to look at the picture of the real thing this time and roll with the one picture I found lol I tried to keep it pretty similar to the blueprint, added a skylight type thing in the breezeway. minimal decorations, more modern than cluttered. btw can anyone teach me how to make a word a clickable link instead of posting the entire link?
    Pictures:
    Real house
    rnPsjL8.png
    lUbFiFN.png
    50kTHh3.png
  • Options
    Oakmont is a lovely home! @Clousinators :) Very nice exterior design and the plant bed on the edge of the home and plants on the path edges are very nice! The kitchen area is lovely! Very nice fridge and stove nook with a lovely patterned wall.The island sink, workbench and stools counter is great! Sims will enjoy eating the freshly cooked meals there.
    This is a link to making clickable links
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=1318.0.html
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @AlJay and @rosemow! <3
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    Very nice @Clousinators !
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste with your post)

Challenge Number: B13
    Origin ID: DonroaAkashu
    Gallery Name of Build: By The Old River Bed. Household: Rivera
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FBF4AF8F1F6011EB8E7405BB85D44FD3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=DonroaAkashu&max=50&maxis=false
    Household link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/20018B571F6211EB8E5E6119CC9F00CD?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bb13&max=50&maxis=false
    Link to slideshow: -

Additional Notes:
    Bastian sighed and took another piece of wood from the pile, standing in the old garage that previously housed the family's two cars; and started banging on it with his knife. It was cool in here and despite the rats he liked the solitude and shade. His wife, Eleonora, was very physical and alluring and he had liked that when they first met which led to their quick engagement and spontaneous marriage; but by now they both looked at eachother with a slight surprise at what they had chosen, having less to talk to one another about. She was also much younger than him, and while their meeting had been intensified by each longing for stimulation, curing eachother's boredom; he realised that the age difference would make itself known soon, in lost interest in the project, from her side. She was pregnant though, and they were both happy about it. The pregnancy was part of why they had moved back to his childhood home, being her first child and orphaned, she wanted what he often had talked about lovingly; his mother's care and cheerful eyes and, to be fair, meddling. It was nice to come home, to the sleepy part of Oasis Springs, where the dust lay where it was trodden and the sun took all your conciousness for itself. He had left it a long time ago to create a career for himself, but being affluent enough now he wanted to also help out Ane, and perhaps start fixing some in the house, waiting for the baby. His sister, who had married very young, and quite a bit over her station had abruptly ended the marriage half year later and moved back home to their mother, to wander the house, read and occasionally paint the sun, the rocks, and the shadows. She refused to talk about the marriage and made no attempt to get an income, and the small family subsequently had, one item by item, gotten poorer, selling off the cars, the dryer, the nice furniture. His mother had even started to sell knick knacks outside their door, by the road, to any passers by, tourists mostly. He felt a little ashamed to have ignored it, quite successfully, for so long; trying to live a different life in San Myshuno. His sister had always been headstrong, and they had a kind of contact he never found elsewhere, not that he was looking; but his best friend had always been their mother, and his twin, sort of his more shadowy self like looking at an image in an old well half covered by the lid, shadowed and unrecognizable except for the knowledge that it is yourself you are observing.

He interrupted himself, hearing the music from the patio and Eleonora, or 'Nora as she now went under by Belloma, laugh together with his sister; they were probably dancing, they spent a lot of time together, both avid readers, of the same age, and also something that he couldn't really pin point. Ah, he shrugged his shoulders, cast an angry look at the corner from where the squeeks came, and lay another piece of wood on the work bench; tomorrow.

Space for Pictures: (No more than 2 please)

Roof
    cmn89FT.png

Floorplan
    Vfvk1wQ.png
  • Options
    By The Old River Bed is a lovely desert home! @Auroraskies :) The sloped roofing and glass roofing skylight areas is very nice! The desert cactus plants are very nice along the front area of the home. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The desert colours used are very nice. The floor rugs add a very nice touch to the rooms. The outdoors dining area is great for sims to eating meals in the outside air.
    The sims household is lovely! :) Their outfits are very nice.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow , that is very kind,
  • Options
    Your build is wonderful @Auroraskies and I absolutely love your story <3
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Thank you, it makes me glad to hear that, it was a very good blueprint! I couldn't make the measurements correct, as the table wouldn't fit in the patio if so, so had to change that a bit.
  • Options
    wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    For last month's challenge I did this autumn inspired build (just like everyone else lol) that's half underground, I was so excited to share it but I got kind of burnt out from work T_T

I can't wait to do this month's, I've been wanting to do a modern build with lots of glass and this looks perfect! I have a cool idea that involves different levels so I'm gonna wait for the platforms update. So excited!
  • Options
    Sounds exciting @wanderinglizzy I can't wait to see it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top