Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will be EP11 and EP12?

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2020
    Generations / Wedding / Growing / ect.
    Generations, I hope. And Farming.
    I also hope for an American High School GP.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Supernatural / Criminal theme / Future / Past / ect.
    I chose supernatural mostly because I feel that we will be due for a new occult soon (and I also may just be hoping for it since I want more occults >:)
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    A bit of topic but can we also get a similar thread with game packs? If the pattern is right, we are suppostedly going to get 2 next year.

2015 - 2 GP
    2016 - 1 GP
    2017 - 2 GP
    2018 - 1 GP
    2019 - 2 GP
    2020 - 1 GP

I think it's gonna be exciting seeing that Two EP and GP for the next year.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I hope for: Generations with babies and lots of family activities & Farming (coming with a Swiss Mountain World, I would have preferred that one over the japanese world we get with Snowy Escape even though I like that one too).

For GP I hope for high school with preteens, hotels and malls.

1st GP will be high school and/or malls, coming with lots of teen stuff and/or preteens.
    2nd GP will be hotels, I think.

And then there will be a stuff pack coming with cars (SP18). I still hope the SP will drop in december and will come with babies as an update for everyone, just like toddlers came out with a toddler stuff pack.
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    For sure a teen pack is coming as it was missed from the survey
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2020
    Farming
    I just want Magic Town/Makin' Magic in TS4. I never played the PC games but from screenshots and game play everything about that pack looks amazing. That entire right side of the map that's like a fall carnival is something I really want! Also the top part of the map looks like a haunted/spooky area. Ugh I want it! :D

8Qdwkth.jpg

It was amazing. This is what I thought realm of magic would be like, and why it was so disappointing to me......if you think about it, making magic was so ahead of it’s time, but then, so was the sims 2 overal.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2020
    Farming
    I just want Magic Town/Makin' Magic in TS4. I never played the PC games but from screenshots and game play everything about that pack looks amazing. That entire right side of the map that's like a fall carnival is something I really want! Also the top part of the map looks like a haunted/spooky area. Ugh I want it! :D

8Qdwkth.jpg
    Making magic seemed to also be set in a different time period....... reminded me a bit of the wizard of oz.

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Hobbies / Free Time / Vehicles
    i can see them making a freetime style expansion pack that adds tons of new hobies for all ages and that kinda stuff
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'd like to see Generations and Supernatural. Give both sides what they'd like.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2020
    GP10 Generations / Childhood

2d4utjfng41f.jpgokmxxj9msg1x.jpg

I'd rather have that as an EP though... Cramming Generations in a GP will not do that theme justice for sure.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Farming
    idc, i just voted one that is common in the community as it seems they're going to make popular requests to keep people interested. but anyways the real question should be what will be the next controversy?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm torn between supernatural, criminal and active school.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other
    Jaded. I think to answer your question I feel it won't be anything (again) core has been requesting. I think we will again hear a speech how it's not any of the following, etc. etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »
    i can see them making a freetime style expansion pack that adds tons of new hobies for all ages and that kinda stuff

I would love that kind of pack, but I don't see it happening. Not the "tons" of new hobbies part, maybe a couple new ones. TS4 feels like it has a really really tiny animation budget. I've never seen a sims game be so skimpy on the interactive objects before. They are really good about implementing "systems", like the clubs and the calendar, but not very good at giving us new things to actually play with and physically "do".
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Showtime / Bands / Fashion / ect.
    I hope the next pack will bring drums, saxophones, and cellos. I just realized how much I need a cello in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    EP11 - Showtime+Vehicles
    EP12 - Romance
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Farming
    I chose farming because that's what I really want, but I will take any of the others as long as they are not supernatural or brand related. :smiley:
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    School
    Super long post ahead! Sorry! I’m a forum lurker/ occasional poster, so I have a lot to say!

I really think we’re going to see a combo pack. I think while High School and Rock Bands are great concepts on their own, the team would likely want to spice up any pack including them as much as possible, so players not interested in any particular aspect by themselves, but not the other—will still purchase. I think Journey to Batuu will definitely make them more cautious in the future for any really off the wall pack.

Besides, teens in high school start bands all the time and really connect to certain rock groups. My Chemical Romance wrote a song about how terrified they were of teenagers, and yet guess who keeps on selling out their reunion concerts?

Because I’m bored and opinionated, I’m going to share my concept for a High School EP below. I wrote this concept out and was two seconds away from posting it, but the page crashed so I’m retyping the multiple paragraphs because I’m persistent.

If any Simguru is lurking 👀... feel free to use these ideas. My only humble request is that you stan talent, stan ATEEZ.

High School EP Concept

The High School wouldn’t be fully active. I believe that, while the pack wouldn’t be fully *immersive,* I believe that the developers would be nervous that the gimmick would lose its charm after some time. However, there would be more things to do in class “stare out the window,” “sneak onto your phone,” and more that can potentially get your phone taken away, and/or lead to embarrassed moodlets. There will also be more pop ups that have lasting consequences or can lead to you meeting a new friend or getting into unexpected situations... or detention!

What should be active instead are extracurricular activities, as well as a system I call Moments That Matter: basically important moments of a young Sims life. Things like confessing to your crush, asking a love interest to prom, and other moments that can create certain lasting sentiments within your teen. There are also new text prompts, and some that can create sentiments, more emotional buffs, and new friendships/rivalries with other sims.

In High School, slightly similarly to The Sims 3: University Life, there are groups: Popular, Athetes, Nerds, and Misfits. These are different from groups in Get Together in that you cannot create your own, nor can you set any activity. You have to do certain activities, have certain skills, and impress them to be on their radars. Misfits are the easiest to join, but they are the most difficult socially. Popular kids tend to avoid them as much as possible, and it’s not advantageous for anyone of a higher social standing to interact with them for a longer period of time.

If you want to impress and get your foot in the door for one of these groups, the best way is to join an extracurricular activity. There are multiple clubs and sports to join, as well as Drama Club now being active. With Nerds joining crew and tech, and Popular kids killing each other to be cast as the leading role. There will be a goofy generated play, and a humorously over dramatic director to lead your Sims to victory. Once the rehearsals are over, Sim families can go see their hard work. This reintroduces the camcorder from Sims 3: Generations, so your sim parents can go all Regina George’s mom in the audience.

There is also cast parties to have afterward (for anyone unsure of how wacky these can be, please check out the SNL Skit: The Crucible Cast Party.)

The more socially advantageous, the more likely the club is locked by tryouts and auditions. Your Sims have to get their skill on, and cross their fingers to make sure they don’t end up humiliating themselves in front of their peers.

If that’s too much commitment, your Sims can throw raging house parties to impress the popular kids (or to just raise your reputation in school in general) or, if they’re courting the Nerds, do a Plumbobs and Llamas Campaign session. The higher your writing skill, the more likely you are to create a killer story to immerse the players. Sometimes, your players might even think they’re in the story themselves! Let’s just hope if you’re throwing a rager, that you can clean up in time or that your parents don’t come home at a bad time. You could risk humiliation, or worse... grounding.

Another group gathering is sleepovers! Child and teen Sims can start their own, or be invited to one autonomously! Sims can watch the new tv channel for them to watch (a parody of the CW shows like Riverdale) and share secrets and gossip. There are more sleeping bags, as well as pillow fights and enough snacks to get into a food coma. Sims can log their crush and a rival. A rival can be in their crushes affections, or just academically or in their extra curricular activities. A sim can choose these randomly, or a simmer can choose for them. If you’re not into that, you can simply turn it off! Eavesdropping is a thing sims can do! So if you’re sharing your crushes at a sleepover be warned about a sneaky sibling or a loose lipped friend. With Parenthood installed, your Teen sim can talk about their crush or rival in their journal, and have that leak too from nosy friends or siblings!

Sims (child and teen) have group projects. With teens having the stereotypical baby project among others. Teen sims can bribe or beg their teacher to place them in a group with their crush, or simply shoot their shot and ask to be in a group with them. I can see the baby project as being hilarious btw. There are also tests, essays, and exams will pop up occasionally and Sims should definitely level up the particular skill and study. Sims can study in groups to prepare. If they bomb they can try to hide their bad grades, or attempt to modify their results— either by hacking into the school or by fiddling with the written grade on paper— to varying success. They can also get help from the new Llamafy feature. It’s a music streaming platform where Sims can choose their favorite songs, put them into playlists, and ascribe a particular emotional buff to their playlist of choice. This can be focusing, inspirational, etc!

Prom is also an active event, with tacky themed decor, punch (that sims can prank), and plenty of dresses and general formal apparel for teens! Sims can also be nominated for prom court, and can rig the vote (but potentially be found out for doing so.) Teen sims can prom-pose (to potentially disasterous consequences.)

Misfits can sneak out of their houses and go on late night adventures. Just hope they don’t get caught by the police! They also can write about their experiences— either as poetry or as songs. If they have enough musical skill in an instrument, they can start bands with other sims and audition for the school talent show or perform in venues across town. They are also more inclined to throw pranks on annoying neighbors, siblings, or other high school groups. If they aggravate another group too much— they’re could be an all out group warfare! Group Warfare can happen between any group at any time, and the battlefield can be online or in the cafeteria with food fights!

Plumbook is a new feature in game where Sims can (it would be optional) create their own profile. Sims can upload their Simstagram selfies, add a profile picture, and release their recorded videos from the camcorder too! Sims’s emotional blog posts will be uploaded onto Plumbook, and certain Sims will like and even respond. You can also access other Sims’s profiles and post comments on their posts or wall depending on the Sims moods and relationships to that sim. This can cause an all-out internet brawl!

Sims will also post on your wall too about your Sims goings on around the town/city. Sometimes Sims will ask you about rumors about you (either true or false) and could
    potentially reveal something embarrassing to the denizens of the interwebs. So try to make sure you don’t have bladder failure in public! This will also feed into the gossip system, which adds public sentiments (connected to your Sims reputation if you have Seasons installed.) If a rumor is proven untrue, you can have the sentiment removed quickly. But if you’re caught cheating on your spouse, expect your house to get egged and have difficulty interacting with other Sims for a while!

Sims can also text prompts to their friends like, “what’s going on around town,” “any gossip I should know about,” or “any parties tonight?” Sims can also ask about Sims that way, if Get Together is installed, play matchmaker via texting, or ask another Sim their opinion about their crush or current relationship partner.

TL;DR I thought too much about this.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    Farming
    I hope farming will be the next pack. Generations or hobby's would be my next choice, but that can also be included in other packs, like the snow activities for all ages.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    Romance / Hot Date
    I like almost all of the entries you put up there OP....

To me, romance and hotels would fit perfectly in a honey moon pack. Which is something I've been wanting for the LOOOONGEST time. Romance in TS4 is just.....bland to say the least. I hate having to rely on mods for a proper love/chemistry system and better dates and romance interactions. They did it so well in Nightlife, they just need to update the turn ons and offs and then copy paste the rest. I miss sims inspecting the rooms to see who they were most attracted to, Ms. Crumplebottom raging at the sight of public displays of affection, proper dates with goals related to what the sims are thinking and wanting from each other (would likely need a rework of whims), car and photo booth woohoo etc.

Malls in TS4 would be interesting...especially if they went back and updated GTW which is something I've been wanting too, because retail...was kind of a disaster. It's better than TS3 but still so much worse than TS2. And the lack of animations is insane....no check outs at the register, no changing booths for sims to try on clothes and woohoo, no confused costumers in the store, almost all retail interactions have the same animation...oh well. I also miss the ticket machine from OFB where sims would have to pay to enter/stay at a venue...you could basically own any kind of venue and sims would pay you to stay there. And it'd be a great opportunity to add escalator stairs or functional elevators and make it so we actually needing to buy clothes and groceries.

Hobbies would also be great because sims just need more things to do, things to force them to leave the house and occupy their free time.

However with them finally figuring out how to do platforms, I can see them finally adding cars and garages and possibly bands next, since we can finally make proper stages.

Out of all of those, I think farming, schools and supernatural is what I care about less.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Other
    I know what I'd like (something like Generations with more activities for toddlers, kids and teens and with babies allowed to be someplace other than the bassinet and someone's arms. Also bunk beds!), but I also like farming, bands (more instruments!) and hobbies.

Whatever they do, it won't be a duplicate of any EP/GP/SP from TS1, TS2 or TS3. They've learned from hard experience that people don't really want duplicates (as they complain "but that's just like...") so they give us a major theme (like families) and pull in a bit from other ideas. I could see, for example, them doing something that was a combination of the "Generation" things that I mentioned above, but including more hobbies (rather than having another pack like TS2's Freetime, which I remember with loathing. I play tested that one for EA/Maxis and have very negative memories of it!)

I suspect they could do the instruments and "band" as a GP, rather than an EP.

Although people have been begging for farming, I'm having trouble imagining it as an EP that would benefit anyone not interested in farming. Growing crops (more than what we have with all the TS4 gardening), horses, chickens and cows would be good, but perhaps it would be better as a GP as well. As much as I love the idea of farming, I suspect I wouldn't use it much in the long run. Perhaps have one family do it but then how would it benefit any of the other families in the game? Perhaps also having something like carnivals or State Fairs (that our other families might visit for an afternoon a couple of times a year.)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    They need to finally dedicate a real expansion to supernatural, futuristic or other things that are not just boring real life. We had enough of that, and they keep cramming huge fantastical subjects into small game packs that can't do them justice.

Enough is enough, the Sims has always had a lot of fans who like the supernatural stuff. Give them just one real expansion please.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Showtime / Bands / Fashion / ect.
    So I voted for what I wanted more but I think Generations or Farming are the most highly anticipated and asked for for Expansions! If it was Game packs maybe I would have had voted for Supernatural (but we never know...maybe Happy Haunts next year as an EP?)