Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think producers forgot that Sims can be left-handed...

Hello!

I don't know if you remember that, but before The Sims 4 was released, producers said that Sims could be either left or right-handed. And it atcually worked, but I remember that it was only for eating and drinking.
Now I noticed in my game that Sims which have the left-handed hidden trait are eating with the right hand, when it was supposed to be on the left one.
Also, all the other interactions that could have handedness variations are only made with the right hand.

Probably most of the people won't care about it as only 10% of people are left-handed (including me), but I would love if left-handed Sims could eat and drink with the left hand, and more interactions made with the left hand.

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Hello!

I don't know if you remember that, but before The Sims 4 was released, producers said that Sims could be either left or right-handed. And it atcually worked, but I remember that it was only for eating and drinking.
    Now I noticed in my game that Sims which have the left-handed hidden trait are eating with the right hand, when it was supposed to be on the left one.
    Also, all the other interactions that could have handedness variations are only made with the right hand.

Probably most of the people won't care about it as only 10% of people are left-handed (including me), but I would love if left-handed Sims could eat and drink with the left hand, and more interactions made with the left hand.

Agreed. They mention in the past that converting right handiness animations are easy because they will just mirror the animation. However it feels that interaction from recent packs forgets about that. Wands in Realm of Magic is an example
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Lefty here! I think handedness as a conscience characteristic would be a cool detail to have in-game.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Last time I played TS4 was one patch before, and my left handed sims still do everything with their left hand, probably bug in the last patch?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    Wait, wait, wait. Since when could sims be left-handed or right-handed?
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Schmoloop wrote: »

It was known at the release of the game and quiet a big deal since this was new.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Lefty here! I was really surprised to find out that my favorite Sim was a lefty as well, I didn't set the characteristic for him! I haven't checked the detail of how he eats though, I will next time I boot the game up. Do Sims even write in this game any more, now that most of the stuff can be done with a computer?
    A1hnP0t.png
  • matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Schmoloop wrote: »

Since the game was released, but you only can notice it if your Sims are doing something with the left hand or checking their hidden traits with debug mods.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Was looking up mods for this and wow, super impressed: https://modthesims.info/d/576053/show-search-sim-info-mod.html
    With that said, I wonder if equip.trait trait_handedness_right [or trait_handedness_left] would work?
  • stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I noticed this in the latest pack. I was really disappointed (as a very left-handed person) to find that I can't put the fancy new watch on my left wrist.
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    The only thing I've noticed that switches to using the right or left hand depending on a Sim's handedness, is darts. I was disappointed to see juice pong doesn't even have a left-handed version, since it's a modified darts animation. It seems it sadly has been forgotten about.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They really need to fix this my left handed Sims are obviously my best Sims.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited November 2020
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Lefty here! I was really surprised to find out that my favorite Sim was a lefty as well, I didn't set the characteristic for him! I haven't checked the detail of how he eats though, I will next time I boot the game up. Do Sims even write in this game any more, now that most of the stuff can be done with a computer?

There are journals Sims can write in. That’s the only thing I can think of right now.

But there are other activities in game that could also reflect handedness; I’m thinking of playing the string instruments, playing ping pong, water balloon fights, preparing food, carrying babies and toddlers (or maybe this is just a me thing lol but I definitely prefer to support weight on my left side rather than my right), painting, brushing their teeth, playing fetch with dogs, working at the woodworking table.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »

There are journals Sims can write in. That’s the only thing I can think of right now.

Also homework
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    My current sim is left-handed and does everything with the left hand. Eat, drink, paint, write.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame