Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,790 Member
    [quote="@MayaRose1138 Are you thinking about joining us? It's lot of fun!! Welcome to the sims 4 and our little corner of the forums!![/quote]

It looks like an interesting challenge (if a little confusing at times because of all the crossover of sims!). I only just started playing a few weeks ago and don’t have many packs yet - just trying to learn the basics before I get into anything too complicated! I have 3 EPS (Island Living, Seasons and Get to Work), 2 GPs (Star Wars, Parenthood) and 2 SPs (toddler stuff, kids room). I started in Sulani with a mermaid, which admittedly may not have been the best thing to start with because of the need to keep hydrated! She married one of the locals and they ended up with 4 kids, 1 boys and 3 girls (inc. identical twins). The boy has moved out of home but the girls are still there working on their aspirations, and poor mother is trying to reach the top of the musician career but is only at level 8 (I lost some time there because I couldn’t work out how to fit a grand piano into a small house!). But I’m enjoying this so far, and eventually I’ll get more of the packs, and once I’ve got everything sorted, I’ll be able to attempt this challenge 😁.
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi all, just popped to say hi. i haven't had much play time. The time I did play I was just messing around with another family. I am hoping next week I can get some real play time in.
    My time is limited but I wanted to let you all know that I have read all the posts. I enjoyed reading about the vacations, weddings Parties and nooboos being born. Also I didn't even notice any changes in the skins as well. Hmmm Next time I load my game I will look a little more closely.

Welcome @MayaRose1138
    I hope everyone is doing well in RL.
    ]
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @MayaRose1138 I imagine it can seem confusing seeing the same sims having different lives in each of the posts. Once you get into it though it will be part of what you love. Also, you don't need all the packs to play. We have 2 versions of the challenge going that we'll probably flip back and forth between :) Your family sounds interesting! Either way, welcome to our little group. I definitely hope to hear more from you.

@amadazulsim Hello friend! Always happy to hear from you even when we are missing your updates and comments. <3
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Kiwicantdie I'm glad to see you didn't rage quit :wink: I love that everyone came over to meet the babies! I try to at least invite the grandparents over, but it rarely happens :tongue: You're so good at hosting social events in this game, I'm jealous. LOL I don't even blame you for cheating away risky pregnancies, there's literally nowhere to put more kids in that house, and poor Max doesn't need to be tortured TOO much :sweat_smile: Kori's the best mom ever, I love her so much. Super Parent really, really fits her. Awww the twins are adorable!! River is def a little charmer! He has the cutest, most colorful style ever, he's too adorable :blush: I mean Ryder's cute too, but River's already my fav. RYDER!!! We do not bite little brothers!! :flushed: The precious pink baby must be protected at all costs :bawling: Omg their room is so cute too! I really love your design style. Look at Max go! He's not a total failure of a parent after all :lol: It helps that he has such good kids. Could you imagine if he had a fussy or clingy tod on top of hating children?? :joy: Max turning into a wine mom is my favorite thing ever. 100% yes :lol: LOL the babysitter just aged up right there on the porch -- "I swear I'm certified, here let me age up and prove it!" :joy: Also I love that @Heckstress17 's Carson is the babysitter. I love the crossovers :smiley:

I think I get rambunctious scamp more often than anything else. Out of 3 gens of kids in this save, I've had mostly rambunctious scamps and social butterflies, plus one whiz kid and no artistic prodigies :confused: I wanna be happy for Raven and Laurent's "open marriage" (cause I'm polyamorous irl too) but I have a feeling that it's just mccc drama and mccc's gonna divorce them and marry him off to his baby mama soon :unamused: Storm and Thalia have both maxed out their muscles in my game, so yeah Storm did like double in size :lol: (Thalia's muscles have been hiding under full-length shirts and jeans because I'm lowkey terrified of how strong she is lol.) I laughed so hard during the santa fight too, then the game was like "you're having too much fun...have a DEATH!" :astonished: I don't THINK I'll have any oops babies as long as I remember to make Thalia take her birth control before the woohoo...but if not, Idk...I could tolerate one more child, but I don't WANT another one this gen :lol: YESSS I've been dying for vampire Pablita!! I want her to be the one to turn my lil vampire in the making :naughty: Thank you so much!

@Heckstress17 I'm so excited for the new pack! I just watched the new gameplay trailor, and it looks like it has a lot of new gameplay features! I'm totally gonna use it like I use Sulani -- a fake vacation world lol. Part of me almost wants to not play until it comes out so I can take the current gen on a family skiing vacation, but I also don't wanna wait 3 more weeks to play/post an update :grimace: I can't believe I've been doing so well with keeping my sims social lately, Thad already finished his child aspiration and Cleo can't start on her vamp aspiration until she's a YA so I have a lot more time for social events -- the timing is just perfect :smiley: I wanted to give Storm a more "mature" look but he didn't look great without facial hair, and the stubble looked too "young" so I went with a full beard. I figured the balding hairstyle was enough to add "maturity." I've gotten used to his new look, he's still one of my fav sims :heart: Cleo really is a wild sim. I'm excited to properly play a vampire for once though! I'm pretty set on her for heir, but I'll wait til Thad's a teen to decide 100%. Cleo is def on the naughty list for life. She has a max enemy relationship with Father Winter AND "declared" him her mortal enemy or whatever it is :lol: Holidays are gonna be fun next gen :tongue: I wrote off the other male mate because of his aspiration too, I REALLY hate that aspiration :lol: I hope things start getting better for you soon, I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time right now :frowning: Take your time and take care of yourself, we'll still be here when you get back :heart:

@Wentcrazy Yes an update!! I've been missing your family! AHHH ANOTHER SET OF TWINS?! You poor thing :grimace: At least all of the kids are super cute. Zeke's blonde hair genetic is strong in this family! Helena might be my fav so far too, probably just cause of that adorable cc hair you have :lol: Aww the new pup is so cute too! I really want to get my family a pet, but it just never feels like the right time. I also can't decide between a cat or a dog, so they get nothing for now :tongue: Three toddler girls omg :flushed: It's giving me war flashbacks of the 100 baby challenge tbh :lol: Lol I love that Zeke's so doting on his daughters, it works cause it looks like the boys can keep each other entertained anyway. Ooooo drama...who's friend just comes over and starts flirting with their husband?? At least Rose is happily oblivious? :sweat_smile: Psshhh Idk what Zeke was scared of cause he aged WELL :love: I love the beard and longer hair on him. WOOO YES I always get so excited when toddlers age up too, especially when I've been so stressed after dealing with multiple tods :lol: Hmmm based on the genetic comparison I think either of the boys might actually be the best genetic mix?? They look identical, so at that point you can just pick the one with the best traits lol. Otherwise Helena looks like a clone of Zeke and the girl twins look like they just got their mom's nose. Honestly though they're all cute to me, I'd just pick whoever you like best :smile: I think Emelia is my fav, her cc hair and outfits are soooo cute. I really love the yellow on her :blush:

@debjameswhite I did give Storm a "balding" hairstyle when he aged up to adult, I wanted to give him a more mature look :smile: I thought that snow pic in my game was gorgeous too, until it snowed here irl and now I kinda hate it lol. I'm already over the snow/icy roads :expressionless: I don't think you can check the weather in other towns...I wish you could though! Cleo is sooo pretty, I'm really happy with how she turned out :blush: Metal music was added with the knitting pack! EA made a post about some knitting-to-heavy-metal competition in real life, so that's why they put metal music in that pack :lol: I kinda love that Cleo's evil, cause I would NEVER have a non-evil sim fight Father Winter for their presents...it was just too good of an opportunity to pass up :lol: I hope all is well with you and you get time to play & post an update soon, I miss your Emerson family :smile: I just added Sawyer, Lucia, and their kids to my game. I'm currently giving everyone in the world make-overs, because so many sims aged up at the same time, the teens are just atrocious, and the elders are NOT rocking their crop tops anymore :lol:

@amadazulsim Hi!! I'm glad you popped in! I hope you can join us soon, but if not, I'm glad to know you're still around and enjoying our updates :blush:

edit -- forgot to add, I'm hoping to find time to play this week, but it's a busy week with my friend's wedding and my bday and work's been busy in general. I've also been wasting a lot of 'play time' giving townies makeovers because they desperately need it :sweat_smile: I ended up changing my game to long lifespan so the townies won't die as fast. I'm still going to manually age up tods/childs/teens faster, but at least they'll have more time as YA/adult/elders :blush:
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'm back! <3 I've had more time to play this week so I have another update to post (maybe today?).
    BTW I haven't mentioned it yet- I'm so excited for the new EP coming out!! I was happy with it already but now that I know what free update we're going to get along with it, I'm even happier! We're getting rental lots for free in every world, guys! We can finally let our sims vacation on Sulani :joy::bawling:

@Heckstress17 whatever it is you're going through, I hope that things turn for the better soon <3 and I truly hope it's not covid-related. I'm sending virtual hugs your way :blush:<3
    I'm glad you liked my build. I tried to stick to the house plan, which is why I ended up with that huge bathroom and the shower kinda separated from the rest of it. Jordan has been kind of an 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in my game for real :sweat_smile: but only because he always seems to be angry over something out of my control. Overall, he's been a good grandad despite the mood swings :tongue: I definitely lucked out with Kori! I wasn't expecting her to have the Super Parent aspiration but it's so fitting and it's making Max's life just a tiny bit easier. The twins genes are literally stalking us. So far they got me for two generations in a row and I'm not sure I'll be able to break the curse at this point. I hope you get better luck in the future (though all the twins you have in game are super cute and turn out to be super good looking sims!).
    Good luck with my bowling alley :grimace: it's terrible.

@Wentcrazy NOT THE TWINS :joy: AGAIN :bawling: - sorry, I get triggered so much even if it's not my game :joy: ... five kids is... a lot. Congrats for managing to go through all of that :joy: I'm sure the boys will be such great big brothers to all their sisters tho! Man, Zeke's genes are soooooo strong :flushed: I have never seen anything like this! I also stan little Helena fyi :wink: Shiloh is so cute! Give that doggo all the love in the world pls! I can't believe that Zeke and Rose's friend flirted???? Just like that? While Rose was in the room?? Kudos to Rose for not even batting an eye, but please don't let that girl come back for the sake of this marriage :joy: - Zeke's adult makeover looks amazing. I loved all the kiddos' genes comparison! Tbh they might have Zeke's hair color but they all look really different in their facial structure?? I'm not sure how they'll turn out, but hey, they're all different looking (besides the boys) so we'll see :wink:

@debjameswhite OMG I didn't realize that the forum would have censored a word like that????? Nooooo :joy::joy::joy: it makes it look like I wrote something terrible! :joy: I mean- the overall meaning remains the same, but I thought that "peep**" was like an acceptable word to use with little kids??? I might be totally wrong here :joy: I'll never try something like this again, the language barrier might get me a second time! :joy:

@MayaRose1138 welcome!! <3 tbh don't worry too much. We're the ones making the challenge a bit confusing by downloading each other's families and letting crossovers happen :sweat_smile: - feel free to join whenever you want!

@amadazulsim it's good to hear from you again <3 I hope you've been doing well in real life too!

@JordanNicoleJJ - I mean, I survived Adahy and Pauline's triplets, I guess I'll survive a second set of twins too :sweat_smile: I'll have to double-check the settings to make sure that I haven't messed up the twins percentages - but I doubt it since I don't think I've touched them ever -. Don't even mention the fussy or clingy trait, I might freak out :joy: (even if, tbh, the fussy trait is my FAVE when it's on a single child). LOL I barely get silvers in social events so don't ever think I'm good at hosting them :joy: I'm glad you like River?? He's my fave too at the moment, though I'm leaning much more for Ryder as heir for the traits that he's rolled once he grows up. Must protect my precious pink boi. I'll see how things change while they grow up :wink:
    I would legit die if MCCC actually implemented that sort of variety of marriages/relationships! I'm sure that there's some cheat to play them, but I would love to have a larger variety of options. So far all that my MCCC does it marrying sims and getting them pregnant, either in or outside the marriage :tongue: both Thalia and Storm look super good with all them muscles, so keep on training them! Good luck with Pablita :mrgreen: I'm sure Cleo will surpass her in skills!
    Most importantly, have fun at the wedding and with your birthday!! <3
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    edited October 2020
    Evergreen Harbor - Generation 3 Update 6!

In my last update, Carter and Thalia unexpectedly welcomed twins, Meric and Melrose. They turned out to be the most difficult and needy pair of infants ever!
    yk6Nl97.png

As soon as the "it's almost time to age up" notifications popped up it was birthday time lol... and I immediately regretted it... those are the worst traits ever! :bawling:
    DoUXbLW.jpg

But here they are. As always it's hard to judge from the toddler stage... BUT I've seen these faces before... They look just like their brother Miles, and just like Carter did at this age... At least Meric has his Mom's dark hair, and I'm happy that Melrose got Thalia's light blue eyes...
    NtcElWp.jpg

Meric's outfit tour. I just get the feeling that Thalia would want to dress him like a "little man", so that's what I was going for.
    D5eF4AK.jpg

And the same thing for Melrose. She'd want her daughter to be pretty and fashionable. So Melrose's outfits are a little more sophisticated then I'd usually pick for a toddler.
    e70vmqC.jpg

No sooner had I aged both of them up, the rest of the family began panicking about a fire that I couldn't find. Then I noticed it was the maid lol guess she'd been slacking on cleaning out the dryer vents and was definitely paying the price.
    HI2Quap.png

Carter grabbed his oldest son, Miles, and booked it out the front door.
    RMzrI5o.png

And Thalia grabbed newly aged up Meric, and ran from the house as well...
    HZVh6V2.png

Which left poor little Melrose all alone in the house with the fire :flushed: I get that her parents could only carry one kid each, but what a way to find out you're not the favorite :joy:
    l7BFMAk.png

With his daughter still in the house, and the maid still ablaze with no sign of the fire department showing up, Carter went back in to put the maid out himself. I couldn't help but think that Thalia looked a bit jealous of her husband giving this other woman attention, even though there was clearly nothing romantic going on lol
    s7HzSPu.png

After the fire was put out I couldn't understand why everyone, including the freshly extinguished maid, were standing outside still screaming "FIRE!"
    CQsUhrA.png

So after being locked out of build and buy mode for a good 5 minutes, I finally discovered a raging inferno on the back deck. Apparently the fire hopped across the house leaving everything else untouched just to burn in this particular spot?? Fire's are SO bugged right now :expressionless: As you can see the fire department finally showed up, but by this point Carter was so done he opted to fix the situation himself and sent them away.
    18IpKUA.png

With the fire finally extinguished the family was able to get back to their day. Miles was not happy to see his little brother getting attention from HIS Mama... I seriously rolled the worst toddler traits this gen :tired_face:
    el2h7HZ.png

All 3 of the toddlers are taking turns causing destruction. Melrose loves making messes. :grimace:
    8usPQFw.png

And Meric loves to throw temper tantrums for no reason...
    vKXWxSv.png

I needed some serious help. So I had Carter stay home for the day to finish her servo, but every time I'd leave him unattended to he'd autonomously end up outside playing basketball :expressionless: Which Thalia thought was the greatest thing in the world because her gym and exercise time has been non existent lately lol
    M4aU24k.png

I made sure the rest of the household members were cared for and then watched Carter like a hawk until he finally completed building his servo!
    O2Olg70.png

It's alive!
    wkJT7kg.png

omg it was SO cute when the servo truly came alive and Carter got to see his creation for the first time. He was so concerned for him. :heart:
    eJpFua7.png

And the servo looked so curious and confused lol
    2QDWnsK.png

When Carter realized the servo was working properly he gave the most adorable "omg I did it! qhsjhdgshks!!!" face ever :love::heart:
    HlKFZ8c.png

Everyone meet WALL-E :smiley: Since @JordanNicoleJJ made Eve you know I HAD to make WALL-E to go with her :wink: (Male servo's aren't as cute IMO lol but I plan to have WALL-E and Eve meet and fall in robot love if I ever get the time to play again lol)
    tF99AlZ.png

WALL-E is now appropriately yellow, and these are his traits :smile:
    rgkoFOY.png

WALL-E's first order of business was to age up Miles :lol: it was time and I wouldn't wish 3 toddlers on my worst enemy... or maybe I would...
    d1OAAu9.png

I gotta tell you guys, I am extremely disappointed with his genetics. He is 100% a clone of his Father. Same eye shape, color, nose, mouth, cheeks, hair color etc... and to top off my disappointment, he rolled a social aspiration :expressionless:
    1UZl0yB.png

but it is what it is. What can you do? Here's his outfit tour. I'm am so annoyed by this kid :lol: and I think it shows in my lack of creativity for his outfits. At least I gave him fav colors? Right? lol
    nA7kJS5.jpg

Anyway, Miles and WALL-E became fast friends. I can't tell yet, but I'm hoping WALL-E will count towards Miles aspiration for the "befriend 2 adults" part.
    XuK43t2.png

Oh and Mile's room got a makeover. I didn't wanna have to redecorate when he becomes a teen, so it's a bit more mature then my kids usually get.
    KxMgo5r.png

The 2nd bed will be his little brother's when he ages up.
    H5dmuDY.png

I haven't rolled the kids traits and hobbies ahead of time this generation, but I'm hoping Miles will get something related to music. I want a musician in the family. I actually like this bedroom more then I like the kid lol
    kU1oU5T.png

Meric seems to approve of his future bedroom, and of his big yellow babysitter lol
    UlXUELh.png

WALL-E has seriously been a lifesaver though. He helps out so much with the kids. Carter's been able to catch up on lost sleep, and Melrose is always getting the attention she craves.
    EB1TMCP.png

Though she's still a terror :grimace:
    MordqKU.png

WALL-E is incredibly patient with her :heart: she was just hangry lol
    S1eiVr3.png

This fall in Evergreen Harbor feels never-ending. I swear a monsoon came ashore because it stormed for like 4 days straight.
    notDznL.png

During this time Thalia decided to work from home. She can't get her expensive shoes and outfits all wet!
    TKy2XzF.png

Carter also took some vacation days to spend with the kids. He and his mini-me completed a school project. Note WALL-E in the background looking disgruntled because of the thunder storm lol
    aquqIMt.png

When the rain finally cleared Carter helped WALL-E learn to play chess :smile:
    sxCMZ1J.png

Of course clingy Melrose tracked them down so she didn't have to eat her lunch alone.
    vH1MM7H.png

I wish I could say the twins have become better behaved with age, but they have not :lol:
    AryENG1.png

They're cute though.
    C2DPYuD.png

At least Miles is a good boy! His Mom helps him with his homework, which is very nice of her considering that at least 15 years of her life were devoted solely to doing homework lol
    faeXvb2.png

Another perk to having WALL-E as part of the family is that he's always nearby when needed. I had originally thought that servos would "recharge" on the robotics station where they were made, but nope, they need a bed lol so WALL-E used the 2nd bed in Mile's room, which came in handy.
    Vq7LJ4p.png

Miles was totally unconvinced that the spray scared the monster away lol
    o4ernsf.png

Harvest day rolled around and I almost completely missed it :grimace: This gen has been a rough one for me lol but Carter did invite his living siblings and cousins over for a grand breakfast. That's when he learned his sister Chloe was expecting a baby :smile:
    KYI2DWo.png

Vivian, Carter's cousin and Thalia's friend, showed up sporting one of the new fashion trends Thalia started. :smiley: She's a good friend.
    AYniopk.png

and I didn't realize it (I never do :lol: ) but the twins were also due to age up on Harvest day lol so later that day Thalia baked them a cake and helped both their stinky butts blow out the candles.
    STPkA3b.png
    YOOWM9L.png

That's as far as I've gotten to play, and I don't know when I'll have time to play again. I'll be back for comments shortly though! Happy Simming!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
    Thank you all, I am trying to at least comment a little more even if I am not able to play.

@Heckstress17 The twins are adorable. I understand that trouble of having needy nooboos. It can be a headache. I didn't think the maid was going to survive. That fire was bad. I am glad that everyone got off safely.
    That was so funny that Carter wanted to play basketball instead of building his servo. Luckily you got it all under control.
    I have to agree that his face after seeing the Servo was working was adorable. Miles aged up nicely. I like the makeover of his room. Wale is just such a help especially with the twins. I can't wait to see how they look. Glad you got some play time in.
    ]
  • WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ I've missed talking to you! I feel like I was missing out so much because I was so busy these last days/weeks. I definitely want to play more often again and it seems like I might actually have that time over the next weeks. I nearly didn't realize that there's a new pack coming out :D But I'm actually looking forward to that one :-)

Yes, more kids and twins again^^ When I had found out about that in game, I wanted to never play again^^ So much for just wanting to have two kids, then try for a third because of genetics :D
    I really love Helena but that's maybe because she's been the only one who doesn't have a twin. The boys are nice but kind of boring to play. Hopefully, I get more focused on them now that I have no toddlers anymore.
    You can have a dog and a cat in your game :-P
    Zeke's genes are so strong this generation. I feel every kid (except Helena) got her nose but the rest is 95% Zeke.
    Rose wasn't even angry at Zeke and that "friend" flirting. She was in the same room and just didn't care. But their romance and friendship bar is still very high (unlike my Gen1 who hit rock bottom with the romance one).
    Hopefully, I like the genetics and the traits of one kid better than the rest. At least I know my heir will be blonde :D

@Kiwicantdie Haha, the curse of multiples! :D Five kids in that tiny house is driving me insane. The boys are actually super sweet and easy, doing their homework on their own and everything. I literally had no time for them and still they manage to be good!
    Helena is definitely cute. While being a toddler she was my favorite but let's see how she'll behave when being older. She loved snuggling Shiloh as a toddler but since she's grown into a kid, she ignores the dog completely :D
    I got so angry at Zeke for flirting and Rose didn't even realize. She was just so oblivious to it.
    I'm glad you love Zeke's adult makeover! I felt the urge to change his looks and was surprised how much he changed and how good he still looks!
    Genetics might be really interesting this generation in my game. Last time I had two girls who looked nothing like the other one and this time they seem to look more like siblings. Still different though :)

@Heckstress17 Such needy infants! And then their traits as toddlers! I feel your pain and I'm sending you a virtual hug <3
    I agree just seeing the twins' faces - they look so much like their siblings! But that can change once they grow up :) Meric's outfits are so cute! Especially his formal one where he looks like such a grown-up.
    Poor Melrose being left behind! Must have hurt to find out the truth :D Thank god Carter put the fire out.
    Your pictures of the three toddlers showing exactly what has happened in my game. I was just too done to actually take pictures :D I feel your pain and hope your sims have string nerves when it comes to parenting!
    The servo is so needed! I love Carter's expression <3
    Miles is a cute boy but those genetics are strong. And that trait... I feel your pain. Give it some time, maybe he'll grow on you :-)
    Oh, I love the bedroom! It does look mature but it is fitting for him. I also love all these little details in his room.
    I don't blame Melrose for being a difficult child. She had to find out she's the least favorite anyway :D Let her rebel a bit!
    A nooboo for Chloe <3 Carter seems to be excited for his sister.
    Oh and I really want to see the twins genetics. You're such a tease :D
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
    @debjameswhite - I need an update from you bad! Back away from the Switch and give your Emerson's some attention! Danielle needs to see YA Lachlan lol! I'm kidding of course, but I do miss your updates :heart:

@amadazulsim - It's always good to see you, and you know we're not going anywhere lol so when/if you get the chance to post and play we'll be here :smile: I didn't think the maid was gonna survive the fire either lol but I'm glad she did. And I'm still not sure if Carter's ridiculous compulsion to play basketball when he should've been building his servo is a bug with the skill, or if it was just my sim being difficult lol.

@MayaRose1138 - Aw! Thanks so much :blush: I really loved having identical twins and getting to make cute little matching outfits for them. It's really cool you got identical twin girls too :smile: I haven't ever played a mermaid sim but that's too funny about your high class mermaid :lol: I had no idea mermaids needed the water to be as pure as possible to be satisfied. Anyway, I'm glad you found the thread. I promise starting and playing the challenge is a lot less intimidating then it seems. We'd love to have you join us, but no pressure. :smile:

@Wentcrazy - I had almost forgotten that Rose was pregnant for the third time lol so that first picture was a bit of a shock. As was learning that Rose and Zeke now have a 2nd set of twins!!?! :worried: Adopting Shiloh to prevent anymore surprise pregnancies was a good call, and Shiloh is so cute! I'm really glad the older boys are so well behaved, and little Helena seems like such a sweetie pie :heart: I think me and Zeke have the same favorite :wink: The picture of her hugging Shiloh was too cute. Diana and Emilia are adorable :love: but wow lol Zeke has some strong genes! I can't believe not even one out of five kids ended up with Rose's brown hair. As always, I love seeing Rose doing her yoga routine. I'm glad you included that pic before Helena's birthday. You got a great shot of her aging up with both Mom and Dad in the pic and the confetti falling. Diana and Emilia are really cute playing with their block table and showing off their differing personalities. But omg how dare that red headed lady come over and make a move on Zeke!!! And then Rose not even caring?! :dizzy: I'm gonna say she was too stressed with the kids to even consider red headed lady a threat lol. Zeke looks good with his new makeover. He reminds me a bit of Thor lol. It was a brilliant idea to show us pics of Rose and Zeke as children for this genetics comparison. Plus when else are you gonna have 5 children at the same time to do this comparison lol The boys have more of Rose's genes then I originally thought. I really like them both, and just based on genetics I like either of them for heir. Helena is really cute and I like her dark eyes, but the twins (the 2nd set of them lol) are my favorites at the moment. Emilia is so adorable, and I love that all the kids inherited their Mom's distinctive mole and freckles. And you know twinning outfits are my favorite :smiley: you did a great job styling the girls. I love their tomboy style everyday outfits, and their colorful winter wear. I hope you can play and post again soon :blush:

Haha I know you're feeling my pain with the multiple toddlers. I didn't get nearly as many pics as I usually do. The toddler struggle is real. And you're right lol Melrose being difficult and rebelling makes sense. Her parents did leave her in a burning house but rescued her brothers :lol: I really wanna see the twins genetics too lol I swear I'm not tease. Not on purpose anyway lol I'm getting ready to load up my game and give them their kid makeovers. Anyway, I hope now that you're settled into your second accommodation you won't have to move again. I missed you on here while you were getting settled!

@JordanNicoleJJ - Yessss I am so ready to have my sims officially vacation in Sulani. I would LOVE to see your current gen living their best life skiing and vacationing in the new pack BUT not if that means missing out on updates for the next 3 weeks! You can just send your heir and her new mate on a romantic vacay :tongue: Also, I think Storm's balding hair really suits him. You do a great job of giving your sims adult makeovers. I always just slap a beard on my guys and call it a day :lol: but anyway, thank you :heart: I'm trying to hang tough, but it's hard right now. :disappointed:

@Kiwicantdie - I'm so excited to hear you've had time to play and will hopefully be posting sometime soon :smiley: Plus, I hope that means things have been going a little better for you and you're not as stressed as you had been? :heart: I'm doing okay, it's a number of different things that are going on, or have happened, that are making things really hard for me right now. The majority of my problems aren't covid related, but it's definitely not helping things :grimace: Anyway, I'm surprisingly excited for the new pack too. I had originally planned to buy the Vampire pack (I need fully authentic Pablita in my game lol) and Jungle Adventures while they're on sale, but after seeing the new pack I'm gonna try to save for it instead. Oh and good luck breaking the twin curse :neutral: I think once it makes its way into your game you're pretty much done for lol
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @Kiwicantdie - Oh my gosh the boys are so cuuuute. I suppose the multiples curse has never really left any version of this challenge :lol: I wont lie, I already have a favorite and its totally River ♥ Max is me omg I am a wine mom, you can do this Max! But wow the aging up Carson Greene definitly came prepared to get the job. That is wild.

@wentcrazy - We missed you too! So glad to see you with an update. Oh wow that's alot of toddlers under one roof. Helena is adorable and reminds me so much of her dad. Ohh Shiloh is my favorite dog breed, Shiba Inu ♥ I think you got plenty of pics of all those cute faces especially with all those babes in the house. Oh wow Zeke with a beard is so good, I love his makeover. I think I like Diana the most she seems like a good mix of mom and dad.

@amadazulsim - Hey! I haven't had much time to play myself but I love keeping up with the thread and everyone's families. At best I will probably have weekly updates :(

@Heckstress17 - Oh no mean and clingy toddlers, at least they are cute? :lol: Poor Melrose, she's my personal favorite. Omg Thalia's expressions during the fire are just great she is so over it all. Wall-E is the best name, I only recently saw that movie and it's the cutest things ever. I can't wait to see the twins as children.
    Thank you everyone for your warm welcome! In a way, I could already be doing the challenge as the father - Paka’a - is a Marine Biologist and has been restoring Sulani. They actually attended the turtle hatching yesterday. Eldest son Luke has been visiting twice a day - one would think I didn’t give him a job before he moved out! - so we invited him along too. Heiress Jade, the youngest of the twins, has mastered Rocket Science and gone to Sixam. On her first trip, she found her brother wearing a Santa hat! On the second, she actually found some aliens! One of them was a young adult male, so I cheated and added him to the household, randomising his traits (since he was evil and Jade is Good) and changing his name from Demarco to Xenophon - it’s sounds much more alien-like. Xen and Jade are really hitting it off - their romance bar is higher than their friendship at the moment - and I’m hoping for alien babies 😁. Once they get married, I’ll move Jade’s sisters Sapphire and Sienna out to live with their brother, and leave parents Elianne and Paka’a in Sulani. I haven’t decided where they’ll move to yet but I haven’t many options at the moment. I might even keep them in Sulani.
    @MayaRose1138 - Aw! Thanks so much :blush: I really loved having identical twins and getting to make cute little matching outfits for them. It's really cool you got identical twin girls too :smile: I haven't ever played a mermaid sim but that's too funny about your high class mermaid :lol: I had no idea mermaids needed the water to be as pure as possible to be satisfied. Anyway, I'm glad you found the thread. I promise starting and playing the challenge is a lot less intimidating then it seems. We'd love to have you join us, but no pressure. :smile:

I don’t think it’s because she’s a mermaid - everyone else in the family has no problem drinking water! I think it’s because she’s a foodie and water doesn’t taste interesting 🤣. She seems to have no problem with food though, which is weird given some of the stuff her family cooks 😂. Another weird thing too was that when she reached level 7 of the musician career, she started wearing an alien uniform. Not a conventional sim, obviously!
    @Heckstress17 Think of me reopening my game for the first time and then remembering that Rose was in fact pregnant and was about to give birth... to TWINS. I wanted to close the game immediately :D
    I think I might be leaning towards Helena or Emilia. Especially since she is a kid now. As for the boys, I don't have a favorite so far but I am a bit disappointed that the kids seem to look more like Zeke than Rose. But I'll wait for them to be teens and then do another comparison and settle for an heir I guess. My heir might get lots of pets to prevent any unwanted pregnancies :D:D Oh, and I haven't thought about Zeke looking like Thor at all. But he looks northern to me :)

Your Melrose might have a special heart in my place because she needs special love since her parents prefer her brothers :D Poor little baby!
    Haha okay, I believe you :) I'm so ready to see your twins genetics!
    I'm glad as well about the new accommodation. I even have a great roomie and we get along really well. Which might affect my playtime a bit :D

@OJenn Everybody loves Shiloh! She's such a great dog and Shiba Inus are a nice breed, not my favorite but still special <3
    I really wanted to give Zeke a makeover and was surprised how much he had changed. I really like this look on him.
    It's nice that everyone seems to like another kid as I can't decide yet. I will be rolling their aspirations/careers today and I hope they won't get one I hate :D

@MayaRose1138 Your mermaid sim sounds like an interesting character! Not your typical sim :D
    Welcome by the way :)
    I played for just a moment the other day but I didn't take many pictures.
    I think Luana is just the prettiest when she is pregnant. Look at that cute pout!
    LBzyIr3.png
    I couldn't believe that my first pregnancy resulted in twins!
    CAd7AVQ.png
    The happy parents!
    vAI3mfJ.png
    Their names are Leah and Cherish.

@OJenn I definitely understand. I have a few days off coming up so I may get one good update before RL hits again.
    ]
  • debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @JordanNicoleJJ I love how you aged them up. I think they look great. I'm excited that you put Sawyer and his family into your game.

@Kiwicantdie Even though I'm still a bit annoyed that they're not fixing bugs, I too am excited about this new expansion. Especially what you said about Sulani. I'll have to go do some more looking though. I don't know what the free update is...well unless it's the rental lots. All great though. I'm excited. HAHAHAHAHA yes what you typed is not anything that should be flowered out. I'm dying. I knew it would be something great like that! You interpretation was completely on point. Don't worry!

@Heckstress17 I'm so sorry for being so excited about your twins. They are so cute though. I love their room. Oh my gosh poor Melrose...well really poor maid! At least Carter saved her in the end. The fire was out of control! "How dare you require rescuing from MY husband? Honey, set me on fire..." Gosh look how beautiful Thalia is when things go back to good. The joy on her face as she tosses that nooboo about is awesome. hehe poor Carter...he's like "I'm just going to ignore the mess and the screaming and I'm just gonna teach this little girl her shapes." Hehe I love you had to babysit Carter to get him to finish the servo and I love how you named him. I love Carter's expressions. It's so fun. Miles seems to be a pretty cute kid. If he grows up as hot as his Dad he'll be very lucky. I love Miles room! You did a really great job on this one! I love how you used the electric piano. I always forget it. Aww Wall-E is so good with those babies. And how cute was it Carter teaching him to play chess. Awww poor sweet little Melrose at least she is being good :) That's so funny and interesting that the servos need a bed. That's not very convenient hehe Look how cute Chloe is! Honestly you make some of the cutest sims. Hooray the Terror Twins (sorry that is what I call my kittens) are aging up! Life will be so much easier now!

haha! I'm trying to back away from the Switch. Since I have an extra hour today I'm trying really hard. It's not that sims is like a chore or anything I love this game so much. It's just been a little nice to step away from the frustrations. I do have to say though I'm excited for the new expansion. Getting back to comments was first step! Game play today!

@amadazulsim hehe how long have you been playing this challenge? You couldn't believe you had twins? What's more shocking are the single births! Congrats on the sweet little nooboos!
    @amadazulsim Pregnancy looks so good on Luana even if she is feeling not great! Oh twins, congrats! They both seem so happy <3
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'm super late on my schedule. I wanted to post this update days ago but I've been busy with classes and homework. Sorry if I haven't replied to your posts, I'll do it as soon as I'm back home tonight <3
    Evergreen Harbor: Generation 2 / Update 3

I originally planned to spend little time on the toddler phase and move asap to the twins becoming kids, but...
    ... it's been such a stress that I had to share.
    Kori spent most of her afternoons to work, but during the time she was at home with Ryder and River, she tried to be the best mom ever. At least in the very beginning :sweat_smile:

FGmjPxF.png

Unfortunately, these two could barely be controlled.

jNk6VLl.png

Being a charmer, River never had a problem getting what he wanted... which led to Ryder throwing a tantrum every other minute.

KrFXJiE.png

The plan of "being a good player mom" and always feeding them both on the highchair went out of the window really fast :joy: a couple of days in, and they were both eating on the floor as usual.

gRjS7Xq.png

Or on the bedroom's floor. Or on their own bed directly #babysitter'snightmares

ppGs79B.png

When Kori was out for work, Max always found himself alone with the twins. Thankfully, one of those days grandma Iris sensed the stress in the air and decided to intervene.

jfm0JBE.png

River rushed out of the door to meet her <3

GPVbfDK.png

NhqgdmU.png

Of course, he managed to get his bath time right away :joy: I swear, charmer toddlers really get things easy.

elfjI4H.png

Before Iris went home that night, Max made sure to give her the housekeys. She could drop by anytime she wanted, she was more than welcome to look after the little ones while he worked his magic on a laptop.

ykeVB28.png

That weekend Kori decided to reciprocate the visit and bring the twins to their grandparents' house.
    Not only all the smog of the world chose to reveal itself in the split of a second, but River and Ryder also made sure to put their own signature on the front door.

p7furtj.png

Mama Kori was starting to lose patience.
    K: "Oh really? What did I just tell you about behaving well at somebody else's house, young man?"

RIGyFAy.png

The infamous #I'lldowhatIwant/#youcan'ttellmewhattodo"mom" face that I see almost every day :grimace:

C4Hrrhk.png

Ryder can't be controlled :tongue:

JHOvHKY.png

Back at home things seemed to repeat on a loop. I swear, I never had toddlers make so many messes around the house, for a second I almost thought this was a bug? A glitch? Did my mods break the game?? :joy: (they broke poor mama Kori for sure :joy: )

5Ur6d5x.png

Tbh despite the initial encounter, the twins are such good friends, I'm sure they'll be besties when they grow up. Even if Ryder is most definitely jealous of all the attention River gets.

6gJPOR9.png

Kori managed to get a promotion despite everything going on.

HgGrNgD.png

She hasn't been the bad cop yet, but I assume that her patience will for sure run out.
    Summer arrived in game and Kori was getting ready to sing songs at a campfire (I created a holiday in game to celebrate the last day of summer, so that's why campfires are involved :sweat_smile: ). Not sure how I'll be able for her to play the piano in this super tiny home for her next job promotion.

0RT4ENn.png

Meanwhile, Ryder kept being Ryder.

rsA7ZlM.png

lnTupnq.png

When I told you that things got wild, I really meant it :joy:
    Appliances started breaking, cloth piles started piling up and dishes went unwashed. For a little bit I was starting to lose my mind :joy::bawling: (these two are seriously more stressful than the Austin triplets)

9GaxHc3.png

Max couldn't work on a single one of his assignments from home when Kori was gone for her shift, so he relied once more on the Greenes fam. Not sure how or why Kirk decided to babysit, considered that he too hates children.

v30qgJt.png

I'll just assume that River's such a charming little one that he manages to be loved by everyone :tongue:

DoqXlCn.png

TcN90lW.png

But Max knew that Kirk couldn't last long babysitting these two, so as soon as he was done with work he relieved his poor little brother from this burden :joy:

bdjWvgY.png

He managed to put River to bed first, so he spent a couple more hours up with Ryder just to fully deplete his energy. Gotta make sure that this little guy sleeps all the way through morning :tongue:

Iwk7mce.png

I guess that Kirk didn't enjoy his babysitting hours, 'cause that's the message that Max received that same night.

B1weFeU.png

... along with some truly sad news.

6y3rTqb.png

25NrnQU.png

Max cried himself to sleep, but the very next morning life decided to kick him once more.

W2OAEJU.png

Mqg3aeV.png

?????
    Seriously, game?????? :tired_face: Max spent the entire following day in complete darkness, alone with the boys.

2DnUKN6.png

Everybody was crying for the death of Iris and Aiyden, there were no lights in the house + it was gloomy outside. I've never seen something so gloomy before in my game. Poor little Ryder almost wasn't able to get a bath and he had been super stinky for the entire night.

u0Dq7Yx.png

Not sure how the bath managed to function, but hey, at least they had that.

GYNTpeU.png

Complete darkness went away only that night, once the boys were ready for bed time :frowning: ... you really couldn't give me back electricity sooner, game???

dc3Bf3n.png

Anyway, on to happier (and final) news. Ryder and River were ready to age up!

WOB87Hm.png

(Ryder's playing with a toy knitted by Iris herself :bawling: I'll make it an heirloom for sure!)

O0MOXM9.png

Not everybody was over their grandparents' death, but at least they had a couple more grandparents ready to celebrate.

hRIPWpx.png

It was a small celebration, but a happy one.

neTu6be.png

D9fUrfx.png

And here are the boys as children.

Ryder, the Rambunctious Scamp-

KPAzl4p.png

- and River, the Social Butterfly.

h95lI81.png

I kept the same color patterns for their new outfits.

pMExwk6.png

CT7Db7B.png

Finally, I already rolled their new and future traits, along with jobs and hobbies. The first pic is Ryder, the second one is River.

1VvOJHj.png

dhixeuX.png

-a couple of considerations, as usual: 1) I'm actually shocked by the consistency in River's aspirations :joy: first he's a charmer, then he rolled the Social Butterfly child aspiration and in the future he'll have the Friend of the World one :joy: like, 🐸🐸🐸🐸. 2) Tbh I'm not happy with either of the two aspirations for both kids, but... I'm slightly leaning more towards Ryder for heir just because of that criminal career lol. 3) I'm unable to comment on their genetic 'cause I can't figure it out :joy: but they still look both like good mixes of Kori and Max.

I'll end this update with a couple of fun pics. First, Lia and Heath's daughter eyeing Kori's brother at the birthday party :joy: I mean, I can't really blame her :joy:

3YVcyLn.png

And lastly, the most representative of Kori's, Max's and my mood too for the entirety of this sim week :joy:
    K: "Sweet Jesus, it's OVER."

gxoOwj4.png

(also, before I forget: Kirk and his girlfriend had a headless baby :grimace: )

9gsjFYW.png
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    Thank you @Wentcrazy and @debjameswhite
    You would think I wouldn't be surprised at twins @debjameswhite :D

@Kiwicantdie River and Ryder are such a handful but they are so adorable.
    I am so glad that grandma Iris gave them a much needed break.
    Being able to create your own holiday is one of my favorite thing about Seasons!
    Kirk looked as if he needed to be relieved.
    I can't stand the mandatory power outages, especially when you have toddlers.
    :o A headless baby it is!
    ]
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Yeah, this is me.. playing catch-up.. again. I actually had a free night tonight where my brain doesn't feel like it melted during the day. :grin: After reading roughly about half of what I missed, I decided I'd better just go load up my Greenes while I actually have the energy.. I miss them so much! I'll finish catching up in the next day or two... and I'll post an update, too!

Also (since I haven't read the most recent stuff yet): Is anyone else absolutely dying for them to hurry up and release the platforms patch already?! I have a whole list of houses I want to update with better split levels, and I feel like it's going to completely change how I build! So excited for this new pack!!
    @Kiwicantdie I love these toddler reactions <3:D
    Using Grandma Iris is such a nice idea! I would've given her a key as well :) But they are more than a handful and I feel sympathy for Kori!
    Oh nooo :(( two deaths :(
    I'm glad they seemed to be okay once it was time for their birthdays!
    That headless baby at the end though :D:D
    I am still here just trying to limit my online time with everything going on in the US right now...

@Kiwicantdie - You and poor Heckstress with the twins I feel for you both honestly. Especially given how much River and Ryder tried their momma, lol. I think so far River is my favorite and that's totally not because he rocks my favorite color so well.
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Popping in to say hi real quick! The wedding was nice, my birthday was fun, and now hopefully things will start settling down & I can get back to playing :smile: I was going to play all day yesterday, but I woke up pretty sick and just didn't feel up to it. Thankfully I feel a million times better today, so hopefully it was just a bad cold that ran its course quickly. I'm about to hop in-game now, so hopefully I'll have an update soon!
    Hey guys, just dropping in real quick from my phone to explain why I've gone MIA. My son had to have an unexpected surgery on Wednesday. As you can expect things have been pretty hectic and scary for me. But we're home now and thankfully he's in less pain today and more like himself. I haven't played or commented in so long, and I hope that'll change this weekend. I've loved the few updates that have been posted ❤ and will be back to comment when I get a chance. I hope everyone's doing well, and now I must ask that everyone spoil me with more updates! I really need the distraction! lol Happy Simming!
    I have a couple of questions about this challenge that I want to get clear in my head before I even start planning anything definite.

1). So every lot in the town has to be cleared, houses and shops, etc, everything?
    2). The only house allowed in the save originally has to be my sims lot?
    3). All the commercial lots have to be rebuilt or downloaded from the gallery. Is there a money limit on that (ie. reach $20,000 in household funds) or can you just add them whenever?
    4). Spares can live in the same town, so do you have to build them a house or do they inherit the family home when the heir moves out?
    5). If I chose Brindleton Bay as my town, and my founder would obviously have to be a vet, would the rest of the heirs need to be vets as well?
    6). Could I start this challenge using a sim from my current legacy?

The next pack I’m planning on getting is Cats and Dogs, after I explore the current packs I have a bit more, so that would be my chosen world, having already played in Sulani. Jade and husband Xen have moved to a different lot in Sulani (thanks to older sister Sienna doing a LOT of painting to lift the family finances) and her parents have come with them for the moment. Which is just as well because I was planning on Jade going to Batuu as soon as she was married but partway through the wedding ceremony, when I clicked on the toilet for Jade, I discovered the options ‘throw up’ and ‘take pregnancy test’! I was sure I hadn’t sent them to even woohoo, let alone TFB, that day but somehow they snuck it in! So I had to wait until Jade had her baby boy, then I turned aging off, left little Obi-Wan in the care of his grandparents, and headed off to Batuu 🤣. Jade is currently at level 3 Resistance. I didn’t have Xen affiliate himself with anyone because his role is to distract the stormtroopers and he can’t do that if he’s known as a Resistance member. His current task, when I go back into the game today, is to work out how to distract Kylo Ren so Jade can break into the Supply Depot! Sims can’t die on Batuu... right....?
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Twenty-nine pages. Wow you guys sure are busy! :smiley: Hiii <3
    edited November 2020
    I have a couple of questions about this challenge that I want to get clear in my head before I even start planning anything definite.

1). So every lot in the town has to be cleared, houses and shops, etc, everything?
    2). The only house allowed in the save originally has to be my sims lot?
    3). All the commercial lots have to be rebuilt or downloaded from the gallery. Is there a money limit on that (ie. reach $20,000 in household funds) or can you just add them whenever?
    4). Spares can live in the same town, so do you have to build them a house or do they inherit the family home when the heir moves out?
    5). If I chose Brindleton Bay as my town, and my founder would obviously have to be a vet, would the rest of the heirs need to be vets as well?
    6). Could I start this challenge using a sim from my current legacy?

Hi!

1) Yes, all lots have to be removed.
    2) Yes. You will select a lot to build from the main page for your sims.
    3) Yes! A lot of us use lots built by people here in the challenge. But you can download lots from the gallery or build your own. There is no money limit.
    4) Personally this is up to you, I usually have spares inherit the family home once the heir moves out.
    5) So not all heirs would need to be vets they would just need to "inherit" a skill (cooking, handiness etc) that every heir would have.
    6) You'd need to start the challenge with one of the couples on the first page. Part of the fun is the genetics comparison :)

I hope that helped clear some things up and if not feel free to ask for clarification.

Hi @Rawla welcome! Do you plan to join us here?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top