Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GameChangers built Snowy Escape lots!

124...Next

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve watched enough of their SE builds to say I’m not really concerned about MOO here. They may be notorious users of build cheats but it does look like they held back and were careful not to over-clutter, especially for the rental homes.

But yeah, when builders don’t playtest it can be super annoying. For example, I just had to redo an entire kitchen in a build I downloaded from the gallery because someone merged granite slabs into the counters and the dishwasher and any sinks were totally useless. Then my sim put a dirty plate on the counter but it disappeared, apparently because it went onto one of the granite slabs instead. The kitchen looked great before and unique, but it wasn’t worth keeping if dirty plates can’t even be found and cleaned up.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I think EA should've done this for every pack, because EA's build are all quite bad. Hopefully they continue to partner with gamechangers in the upcoming packs.

I agree. I hope they pick different Game Changers next time, and not the same ones all the time. Generate some interest in some lesser known Game Changers.

Given how influential the group is with the devs I'd at least like to see a few people included that, at minimum, aren't overtly hostile to supernatural themes and occult lifestates. As someone who enjoys those things, I feel like a lot of what I am interested in gets drowned out by what is almost a very powerful special interest lobby.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I think EA should've done this for every pack, because EA's build are all quite bad. Hopefully they continue to partner with gamechangers in the upcoming packs.

I agree. I hope they pick different Game Changers next time, and not the same ones all the time. Generate some interest in some lesser known Game Changers.

Given how influential the group is with the devs I'd at least like to see a few people included that, at minimum, aren't overtly hostile to supernatural themes and occult lifestates. As someone who enjoys those things, I feel like a lot of what I am interested in gets drowned out by what is almost a very powerful special interest lobby.

Very much this. I refuse to have any lilsimsie builds in my game and will be demolishing the ones she makes. Petty I know, but she made me actually feel physically sick with one of her tirades about 'freaks and weirdos'. Literally made me question what kind of prejudices she holds off camera in real life. Over the top reaction from me but I've never had such a reaction to a person before so it's not like I'm overly sensitive usually.
    James has a vampire and an alien in his lets play at the moment but it's an inconvenience for him rather than something he enjoys, it seems.
  • pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    @CelSims I've also found Lilsimsie's reaction to occults... weird, let's just say that.
    As for James, I do not think he does not like occults, it just he is not very patient in gameplay. If I remember correctly, he gave the Vampires pack a very good rating and review.

I do like the builds they've made in this pack, some more than others and I hope the Sims Team will do this again with future packs.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

Very much this. I refuse to have any lilsimsie builds in my game and will be demolishing the ones she makes. Petty I know, but she made me actually feel physically sick with one of her tirades about 'freaks and weirdos'. Literally made me question what kind of prejudices she holds off camera in real life. Over the top reaction from me but I've never had such a reaction to a person before so it's not like I'm overly sensitive usually.
    James has a vampire and an alien in his lets play at the moment but it's an inconvenience for him rather than something he enjoys, it seems.

Yeah. I know we're off-topic here, and I'll stop after this, but it just feels like the vampire pack was the high point for occult players for the entire series. Clearly the next game in the series is already in development, and there will only be a handful of packs remaining for The Sims 4. Vampires were great, spellcasters were slightly less great, mermaids were average and plantsims and aliens were kind of sub par. We don't have fairies. Even bigger, we don't have werewolves, and they're a staple of Sims occult play. What's more, it doesn't look like they're coming either. But we certainly made sure we got things like laundry, and knitting, and an in-depth cultural study of Japan.

It's another reason that I'm not all that jazzed about a theoretical Sims 5. Sure, I'm not really interested in returning to the base game again, but given the influence that this group of YouTubers has with the devs I see it highly unlikely that we'll see something that rivals what we got for occults in The Sims 4. That makes this essentially the end of my Sims journey. I'll always have this and the previous games, and I'll always play them, but the days of waiting and watching seem to be over. It's simultaneously sad and liberating.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

I get the reaction; I mean i am basically on her side when it comes to preference (except vampires), to the point that I would REALLY love a Switch to turn off supernatuals, period, in the game (would also make Strangerville have a bigger impact if there wasn't aliens and ghost bar nights already in the game...).

But the point here is I agree with you; you are not weird or a freak because you love the supernatural gameplay. Frankly I am more worried about those who crave super-realism ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Most of the lots look good I must admit I like the mansion lilsimsie did it seemed very different for her and it was a good build. The only build I think looks out of place is James turners starter home. It looks ok just not for this pack it maybe it’s just me 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    MOO doesn't affect me at all because I know how to fix things, so even if there are issues, it's no big deal. That being said, the majority of problems are when downloading and placing new lots from the Gallery if MOO is turned off. Since these lots are already in game, that shouldn't be an issue for anyone, assuming the game changes playtested everything well.

I always end up redoing lots, even those that game changers create because I make a home suit my needs, and I generally love having more clutter than what they usually include. I can't stand sterile houses that don't look "lived in".
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It’s funny how EA play tested their builds but don’t for their own. They gave us GF that had a mansion with only 1 toilet. Strangerville with the plane lot that has no usable counter. RoM has a home with the default roofing and has a door missing that leads to the outside. If only EA held their lots to the standards they’re holding the gamechangers
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    I hope they didn't abuse Move Objects On, otherwise the builds will be a mess for Sims to maneuver.
    Any builds are better than EA's builds, whatever my opinions of the gamechangers might be!

They were not allowed to.