Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Ok, I have just preordered from cdkeys :#

Honestly, November will be so busy for video games, with Valhalla, this, me getting Animal Crossing for my birthday (finally), the sale on Ni No Kuni (finally, couldn't resist), AND my current Stardew Valley save (soon I'll be marrying Harvey :love: lol).

Anywho I'm excited. I'm glad that for all the worries I had about this pack, it actually looks pretty decent and I like the quality of life improvements (i.e. rentals / sentiments especially). I'm looking forward to it :blush:

Harvey best husbando -- he actually cooks breakfast B)

And I'm already working on a penthouse rental -- the one in the Arts Quarter will be great for a couple needing a getaway to the city.

Yes and he's the sweetest bachelor in town :love:

Truth be told, this is the first time in all the times I've played this that I'm marrying anyone in town at all. My other playthroughs I couldn't be bothered to drop by town every day just to court Harvey with some flowers and wine.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    My foodie sims are going to LOVE all the new recipes and the cas for toddlers is too cute!
    @Hearts4u those little toddler bags :love:
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I'm so excited for this pack, it's the 2nd pack to date that I've pre-odered.

For anyone interested in the pack you can pre-order on CD-Keys and it's currently 37% off :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I wonder if there are any outfits with backpacks for the adults/kids... I didn't see any, but I could have missed them as they didn't really show everything from the back.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 you big softy! Next thing we know, you'll be dressing your scoundrel in fluffy pink outfits :D
    Just kidding, who could resist those toddlers in their lil snowsuits?
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Winter sports, 'nuff said.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    The part were Graham mentioned that your sim can apparently control their emotions (so you can decide if they should be focused, energized etc.) sounded very interesting. It adds more game play to the emotion system and also helps with story building.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member

I wonder if there are any outfits with backpacks for the adults/kids... I didn't see any, but I could have missed them as they didn't really show everything from the back.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 you big softy! Next thing we know, you'll be dressing your scoundrel in fluffy pink outfits :D
    That and I bet that scoundrel loves to knit too :smiley:

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    The mountain climbing is a lot more in depth than I thought it would be! I was really glad to see that because it's the winter activity that I ranked highest in the survey. I like how it feels more and more isolated as your Sim climbs higher and the weather gets worse and more treacherous.

So I have this household called "Journeyman Senior Society" and I designed them for Exploring in Selvadorada. They haven't gone yet because I've been distracted with other households, but my aim in creating them was to have a full household of eight Elders who want to adventure in their late years to get the most out of life, and have it be a challenge of sorts to see if they survive the stress, lol. I think I need to take them mountain climbing to see who gets to the top. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020

Haha. Who knows, I wouldn’t put it past him. A little too much of the Bespin Fizz could result in interesting scenarios...😅

That and I bet that scoundrel loves to knit too :smiley:

Since he will have to take off his boots indoors he can finally show off the cute pink socks his dear ‘ahem’ “grandmother” knitted for him!🙃
  • ejiofor1995ejiofor1995 Posts: 19 Member
    Really excited for this pack now!!!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    The mountain climbing is a lot more in depth than I thought it would be! I was really glad to see that because it's the winter activity that I ranked highest in the survey. I like how it feels more and more isolated as your Sim climbs higher and the weather gets worse and more treacherous.

So I have this household called "Journeyman Senior Society" and I designed them for Exploring in Selvadorada. They haven't gone yet because I've been distracted with other households, but my aim in creating them was to have a full household of eight Elders who want to adventure in their late years to get the most out of life, and have it be a challenge of sorts to see if they survive the stress, lol. I think I need to take them mountain climbing to see who gets to the top. >:)

What do you think about the lifestyles and sentiments after learning more about them? I know that's what you were most excited for.
    I think they are stil buried under too many emotional effects but I think combined with the meaningful stories mod to better control emotions this might be pretty significant.

I just read the blog about lifestyles from simscommunity on twitter and it does sound like it might really add to it. Like the dangerous lifestyle sim will not react scared to fire and can fight for thrills and other stuff. This combined with sentiments, and the ability to hold grudges sounds better than I thought.

If they work on seriously toning down emotions in the future sims will really shine. I notice how they flip flop emotions in the live stream. I've been using meaningful stories for so long I forgot how bad it was.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

What do you think about the lifestyles and sentiments after learning more about them? I know that's what you were most excited for.
    I think they are stil buried under too many emotional effects

It's a step in the right direction ruined, as you say, because the emotional buff system is broken by design and the devs don't understand that. They are still just pushing "EmOtIoNs" like they did in 2014.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

I think they are stil buried under too many emotional effects

It's a step in the right direction ruined, as you say, because the emotional buff system is broken by design and the devs don't understand that. They are still just pushing "EmOtIoNs" like they did in 2014.

I'm hoping it can be "fixed" since they did mention emotions in one of the survey, though I don't know how many people chose it because they didn't elaborate 😅😅😅

I mean they can't exactly say "emotions are horrible!" Lol but I'm sure they notice the issues and hear the complaints.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm quite happy for all the children/toddler clothes and hairs being added to CAS in this pack.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I feel like this pack has a lot of animations. All of the winter activities were really nicely done. I really liked how they all socialized and autonomously stopped to take selfies and refer to the map when exploring. That was a nice touch to have that happen without having to be the one to direct them to do it.

And I'm super excited for the platforms, I gotta say! Some of build/buy items are super nice too, love that we get blinds that are "normal size" and not those monstrosity ones that we have in the game now.

And, the world looks fantastic. I am really impressed.

Also, I really liked how the sentiments look like they would work. The lifestyles are not something that I feel will make a big difference in gameplay. But the sentiments I think will.

Overall, I'm excited for this pack!

When they showed the one Sim having a negative reaction to a Sim he held a grudge against, that was awesome to me. And since the mechanism is going to be patched into base game we could have more added in future packs -- for example if we get a romance GP they could add more romantic sentiments. Hmmm...if you have a close romantic bond with another Sim, will that stop the random flirting that tends to go on?
    I think it's awesome that they added sentiments to the game, but I'm wondering if it will really make a difference. The Sim in the livestream didn't really act angry (he was energized). I feel like all of the happy buffs will take over any of the negative ones they might get.

They didn't show the two men actually interacting, and at least the bad feeling was still there under the surface. It's like if you go to the club with your friends and run into the girl who stole your boyfriend; you're not going to let that little snotnose ruin your fun with your friends, but get the two of you alone in the restroom later on, who knows what might happen? :o I was watching a Sims Community video on the new stuff in the patch and he talked about Sentiments -- apparently they last for different durations, so if your boyfriend stands you up for a date you might be upset for a bit, but if you catch him cheating with Ms. Snotnose that's going to be a lot longer. And Sims can have different reactions/Sentiments to the same event which I think is really interesting.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

I think they are stil buried under too many emotional effects but I think combined with the meaningful stories mod to better control emotions this might be pretty significant.

I just read the blog about lifestyles from simscommunity on twitter and it does sound like it might really add to it. Like the dangerous lifestyle sim will not react scared to fire and can fight for thrills and other stuff. This combined with sentiments, and the ability to hold grudges sounds better than I thought.

If they work on seriously toning down emotions in the future sims will really shine. I notice how they flip flop emotions in the live stream. I've been using meaningful stories for so long I forgot how bad it was.

Meaningful Stories will probably need a major overhaul with this patch -- might take a while.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think SE looks great and I'm excited.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.

Meaningful Stories will probably need a major overhaul with this patch -- might take a while.

Yeah kinda worried about this too given that it affects the same system :/ but once it's updated for lifestyles and sentiments, they might be some of the best additions we've had in a while.

Finally cheating will actually MEAN something. I literally cannot wait.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 … Toddlers can bring out the soft side in us all.

@SimTrippy … Those little toddler backpacks are a favorite for me as well. Plus, I can't wait to give these little tikes a new winter outfit.

Happy that a child can slide with a toddler. Looking forward to seeing if they added more interactions between children and toddlers.
    Child-and-Kid.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    I feel like this pack has a lot of animations. All of the winter activities were really nicely done. I really liked how they all socialized and autonomously stopped to take selfies and refer to the map when exploring. That was a nice touch to have that happen without having to be the one to direct them to do it.

And I'm super excited for the platforms, I gotta say! Some of build/buy items are super nice too, love that we get blinds that are "normal size" and not those monstrosity ones that we have in the game now.

Also, I really liked how the sentiments look like they would work. The lifestyles are not something that I feel will make a big difference in gameplay. But the sentiments I think will.

When they showed the one Sim having a negative reaction to a Sim he held a grudge against, that was awesome to me. And since the mechanism is going to be patched into base game we could have more added in future packs -- for example if we get a romance GP they could add more romantic sentiments. Hmmm...if you have a close romantic bond with another Sim, will that stop the random flirting that tends to go on?
    I think it's awesome that they added sentiments to the game, but I'm wondering if it will really make a difference. The Sim in the livestream didn't really act angry (he was energized). I feel like all of the happy buffs will take over any of the negative ones they might get.

They didn't show the two men actually interacting, and at least the bad feeling was still there under the surface. It's like if you go to the club with your friends and run into the girl who stole your boyfriend; you're not going to let that little snotnose ruin your fun with your friends, but get the two of you alone in the restroom later on, who knows what might happen? :o I was watching a Sims Community video on the new stuff in the patch and he talked about Sentiments -- apparently they last for different durations, so if your boyfriend stands you up for a date you might be upset for a bit, but if you catch him cheating with Ms. Snotnose that's going to be a lot longer. And Sims can have different reactions/Sentiments to the same event which I think is really interesting.

Very well put 😂😂😂 exactly what I hope to see.
    You're right under norman circumstances you're not going to hop out of the tub and beat him down everytime you see him 😂
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I am so torn right now. I am just not used to being this excited about a new sims pack anymore. I don't even want to play my current save because I want the family I have right now to be the ones to experience all the fun new things in the pack first and 2 weeks will change them a lot. Maybe I will start a new save and play a way I wouldn't normally to tide myself over until the pack comes out. I can't believe how excited this has made me.
  • smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    did they tell if any new jobs were coming with this pack. i did not see of hear any thing about this
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member

Sim's personalities aren't that deep. Most Sims are always happy because the happy buffs override the negative ones. He had a festering grudge and he wasn't acting angry when the guy was sitting right in front of him. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think these sentiments are gonna do much.
    He/Him
    did they tell if any new jobs were coming with this pack. i did not see of hear any thing about this

There's a "Corporate Worker" type job with long hours but evidently some good rewards. It's a rabbit hole type job, which I appreciate; with all the activities in this pack, I'm not sure I'd really be able to pay attention to a Sim in an active career. :o

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top