Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE ONE & ONLY 'SNOWY ESCAPE' COMPLAINING THREAD!

Comments

• Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I'll start with saying for the most part I do like what I have seen but...

I'm disappointed that you can't use kotatsu table in restaurants. It makes no sense to me that we can't.
    Uniforms are locked to this world.
    Hiking is locked to this world
    The Hot Pot doesn't have an option to grab a plate together. How?!!!
    I am missing Tea clutter.
    I wanted a gameplay object/skill that could have been done anywhere.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm disappointed the train and sky lifts are set dressing. I thought we were told we could use the gondelas to get up to the slope.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Oh one more thing. I really wanted to put the those new tables in my Asian restaurant but oh no they don’t work with dine out. They did mention they were looking into it so maybe it will happen at some point.

They always say they are researching it, but they never research it. It's their lie. Just so we don't bother. Just like swimming outside Sulani!

We can swim in this new world.

I'm disappointed that you can't use kotatsu table in restaurants. It makes no sense to me that we can't.
    We can hike in Granite Falls but I dont know if they updated the hiking in GF.
    edited October 2020

This hiking is so much better and interactive. It's a shame we can only use it in one world.
    Forgot to add I was annoyed only two of the grave stones were interactive. I would have wanted to be able to click on any of them.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member

This hiking is so muck better and interactive. It's a shame we can only use it in one world.

yes, If they will update hikin in every world it will be great..
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

I didn't watch the entire livestream - is this really true? That's completely ridiculous if so.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »

I didn't watch the entire livestream - is this really true? That's completely ridiculous if so.

Yes, it's true.
    Why do you think it's ridiculous though? For me, it'll be more unusual if kids in all worlds were wearing Japanese-style uniforms. Immersion-breaking.
    bizuktag wrote: »
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Yes, it's true.
    Why do you think it's ridiculous though? For me, it'll be more unusual if kids in all worlds were wearing Japanese-style uniforms. Immersion-breaking.

Even better would be to allow users to pick their own uniforms.

Oh yeah, I agree with that. If we were able to design our own uniform (I can't imagine Sulani children in a typical blazer uniform, for example), that would be good. I would like a different uniform for each world. :)

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited October 2020
    izecson wrote: »
    I only watched 2 mins but there is snow depth in this world, will they add that to season pack?

@izecson The added snow depth seems to be at a higher altitude, exclusive to the mountain. I don’t believe we’ll get that much depth in other worlds...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Oh one more thing. I really wanted to put the those new tables in my Asian restaurant but oh no they don’t work with dine out. They did mention they were looking into it so maybe it will happen at some point.

They always say they are researching it, but they never research it. It's their lie. Just so we don't bother. Just like swimming outside Sulani!

@Kniga_Sitara , Graham responded on Twitter. Not particularly welcoming info but he did respond.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I only watched 2 mins but there is snow depth in this world, will they add that to season pack?

@izecson The added snow depth seems to be at a higher altitude, exclusive to the mountain. I don’t believe we’ll get that much depth in other worlds...

That snow depth is laughable, I think it should have been at least knee deep to be considered deep. :lol: Someone pointed out that they even slow down while walking through the ankle deep snow.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

That snow depth is laughable, I think it should have been at least knee deep to be considered deep. :lol:Someone pointed out that they even slow down while walking through the ankle deep snow.

It's better than what we currently have(or dont have) in the base Seasons packs, Sims 4 isnt a survival game so it doesnt need that much of a realism.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2020
    Watched the stream and it felt super empty, especially for an EP, even though I think Graham does streams usually the best, I didn't feel a thing for it. The snowy world so many of us have been waiting for, somehow managed to be so dull. It is all to blame on The Sims 4 system it runs on.

No togetherness again, activities are all done by sims for only themselves and they hardly interact with each other during or after. I do not feel they have meaning or long term purposes either. Let's see how much effect those sentiments really have. I didn't see anything interesting about it in the stream.

I build a gym the other day and was missing a shower where sims take a quick cleanse before jumping in the pool WITHOUT taking their clothes off as it is inappropriate in a public space, so i thought this new shower thing in this EP would cover that, but after seeing Graham showing the sim taking a shower whilst taking ALL his clothes off again, It felt super weird! It is an open shower. The trailer showed it being used in a public area and as far as Japanese culture goes, it does not match at all to go nude in a public space. They should fix that.
    Another thing while in that bathing space, the sim kept changing back to his winter clothing which is odd. Why does the clothing not automatically appear with a rope or bathing suit when entered the room? We have it in spa day, so why not in an EP?

The Festivals just seem like a upgrade from City living. Graham said it would explode with people and then.. like 10 people or less showed up. Exploded? Really?

The selfies during walk annoyed me. Hope this isn't something sims will do autonomously as it is super story defining and in general I do not want my sims to act this way. Also got disappointed there was no truly walking together option like lovers holding hands/walk arm in arm or maybe even with an elder or a parent guiding a toddler or child by holding hands. They simply just left their toddler back at home, so the older sims could go for a walk. So again, toddlers are being excluded from activities outside the house. A stroller is a missed opportunity here! Instead of other unrelated features, they could have gone for a stroller instead.

A LOT of reused features, animations and you know the deal. Why do they have to try to sell us fishing over and over again? It is not a key feature and it could be done since the base game. The same goes for bars in each and every EP, glad I didn't see it in this one. The entire spa thing is just Spa Day all over again and it was totally unnecessary to give that much attention. It does not really bring anything extra to the table besides sims just sitting in the pool killing time, cause that's what The Sims 4 seems to be all about. They do not enjoy a thing, cause nothing has a purpose. It is just for killing time.

Ok, that is what I could think of for now. I might come back with more. The only two things I found somewhat interesting are the rock climbing mission even though it does not really provide much in terms of long fulfillment and the new hair styles for woman seem good and basic.
    The one hairstyle that was supposed to have baby hair was terribly made. They need to fix it.

This hiking is so much better and interactive. It's a shame we can only use it in one world.

Its possible it was updated for Granite Falls.
    edited October 2020
    I don’t like that sims have to take a shower before getting in the hot springs.

I'm also disappointed that ice fishing and ice skating on frozen ponds didn't make it but these are just petty and I still think this pack is the best we ve got.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    The world is full of fake buildings yet again. Everything in this screenshot is unusable, including the entire "town centre" area.
    l9MFkq5.png

Giving me heavy deja vu to Eco Lifestyle when this neighborhood had 24 buildings and only 3 of them were functional.
    o1fFGDH.png

I'm also disappointed that ice fishing and ice skating on frozen ponds didn't make it but these are just petty and I still think this pack is the best we ve got.

I don't like that feature either, but I think I saw in a stream that sims with proper trait will do that so I hope there is a possibility that it's optional. I would like to put that hot spring in a wilderness setting, without the showers.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

That snow depth is laughable, I think it should have been at least knee deep to be considered deep. :lol: Someone pointed out that they even slow down while walking through the ankle deep snow.

I'm happy they did what the could with this limited engine I think knee deep may not be possible but I did laugh when they slowed down. I was thinking you know that snow is only to your ankles right? It's not that hard to walk in 😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited October 2020

I don't like that feature either, but I think I saw in a stream that sims with proper trait will do that so I hope there is a possibility that it's optional. I would like to put that hot spring in a wilderness setting, without the showers.

I don't think taking a shower is obligatory if you're placing a hot spring at home or in a wilderness. I suppose it's an Onsen venue requirement. Which makes sense.
    Kinda wish we had the same requirement on a Pool type of lot.

Edit: oh no, I must be wrong. Gurus placed a hot spring room on a residential lot, didn't they? And showering was still a thing.
    somewhsome wrote: »

I don't think taking a shower is obligatory if you're placing a hot spring at home or in a wilderness. I suppose it's an Onsen venue requirement. Which makes sense.
    Kinda wish we had the same requirement on a Pool type of lot.

Edit: oh no, I must be wrong. Gurus placed a hot spring room on a residential lot, didn't they? And showering was still a thing.

Yes, they did, but it wasn't clear to me if we place the hot springs on a lot, but with no showers, if sims could still use and enjoy the hot spring.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2020
    I like the winter activities and a few other things, but of course that are all tied to one place, as usual - even the aspirations and traits are - so many traits and aspirations are so location specific - really make you wonder why it is called an expansion pack. I am not fond of the lifestyles as they seem like things we already have for the most part - was hoping for something different like Brave and Cowardly. I also do not see them do anything more than traits do as to actually changing a sims actions - they are still just moodlets. If a sims hates another sim- their actions should follow, but they do not in sims 4. Granted, they probably had autonomy off so it is yet to be seen what sentiments will do I suppose, but it does not look promising. I am not pleased that just because a sim family member is tense from being materialistic, that the other family members all get sad because of that (like showed in the livestream)- that should depend on their personality - personally, if my husband was all tense because he hadn't just spent all the family money while on vacation - I would be irritated with him for ruining the vacation. Also wish ice skating on ponds was part of it and as already mentioned - a tea set or new tea house venue would have been nice - we have more than enough bars and lounges.
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    I like the winter activities and a few other things, but of course that are all tied to one place, as usual - even the aspirations and traits are - so many traits and aspirations are so location specific - really make you wonder why it is called an expansion pack. I am not fond of the lifestyles as they seem like things we already have for the most part - was hoping for something different like Brave and Cowardly. I also do not see them do anything more than traits do as to actually changing a sims actions - they are still just moodlets. If a sims hates another sim- their actions should follow, but they do not in sims 4. Granted, they probably had autonomy off so it is yet to be seen what sentiments will do I suppose, but it does not look promising. I am not pleased that just because a sim family member is tense from being materialistic, that the other family members all get sad because of that (like showed in the livestream)- that should depend on their personality - personally, if my husband was all tense because he hadn't just spent all the family money while on vacation - I would be irritated with him for ruining the vacation. Also wish ice skating on ponds was part of it and as already mentioned - a tea set or new tea house venue would have been nice - we have more than enough bars and lounges.

Yes, what's up with the tea? I saw they even had a tea sign to put on buildings, but there is no tea?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top