Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Build/Buy Discussion

What do you all think about build buy? Are you excited? Honestly, I'm not really feeling the furniture. I'm happy all the furniture has some neutral swatches that match. But everything is so matchy it's kinda boring to look at. The walls being the exact wood tones as the furniture without a single color is a bit much. Why don't the double beds have some vibrant colors and patterns? All that aside, I really like the roof tiles, the walls, the posters and the tiny bonsai. Honestly my favorite things might be the fire places.

Comments

• TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2020
    Essential Japanese housings items this pack is lacking:
    • futon
    • chabudai (short tea table)
    • zaisu (legless chair)
    • tokonoma (alcove for display)

Also, why couldn't we have an actual sand garden we could rake?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I like all the build buy items and I like the wood textures on them. I think they are very beautiful. I am really disappointed that there is no working tea set. It would have made sense in a world about Japan. Also, the snow looked so pretty atop the mountain, you could see it glisten in the sunlight. I also liked the bear statue with the fish in its mouth on top of the bar back thing, think it would make a nice garden statue too.
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I like all the build buy items and I like the wood textures on them. I think they are very beautiful. I am really disappointed that there is no working tea set. It would have made sense in a world about Japan.

This, how can you have an Asian inspired pack and not include a culturally appropriate tea set. Its a really big ooooof in my opinion. More so than any other item that could have been included. I mean its tea we are talking about here. How can you not include it.

I do like the other furniture and I actually like how they cut down on the swatches and made them all match. People might disagree but I think for this theme and style the colors are appropriate and I like that they are consistent. Nothing to out there and everything can blend and be in harmony. Which sometimes is a real pet peeve in the sims when you want two light brown objects that are slightly off color. I am color blind moderately/severely in all spectrums (red/green, blue/green etc) so I can only imagine what the rest of you (OCD color matchers) have to deal with in this game.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    • futon
    • zaisu (legless chair)

That's a really good idea. If sims is angry, bored or tense they could use that to relax. If they are dazed or aren't good at it, it could come out pretty silly. Oh I would love that.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I personally love that everything is wood and matches completely, especially the kitchen. I like doing simple matchy minimalistic type of builds and everything coming in this pack is perfect for it. ✨
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• inumaninuman Posts: 21 Member

2YJzgAn.jpeg

Isn't that a tokonoma at the back of the room? Weird things are placed on it though, I think they tried making it looks like a tokonoma.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    The build/buy items are gorgeous. I love that the stuff matches and works together so well. I can't wait to use it and explore this world more. I've become more of a builder than a player these days. However, like others have mentioned, I'm so disappointed about the lack of a functional tea set. They literally have a sign with a tea logo for community lots, a poster with instructions on making matcha, decorative tea pots, a decorative matcha bowl and whisk, a shelving unit of tea tins, and decorative cluster of tea tins. It really bugs me. I would've loved to see the futons and a rakeable zen garden as well.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love the build buy so so so much. It all looks like cc I've downloaded. I have no complaints with it at all. It might be my favorite pack ever for build buy.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm really disappointed that the kotatsu table is not functional in restaurants. The minute I saw it, that the first think I thought of. Also I love the new counters but they really should have added some more clutter to put in those selves. Teapots, saucers, etc.
    • futon
    • zaisu (legless chair)

That's a really good idea. If sims is angry, bored or tense they could use that to relax. If they are dazed or aren't good at it, it could come out pretty silly. Oh I would love that.

I'd love that too. Hope they add the rake interaction to the sand textures we already have in game. I would love a rock garden for my sims.

I'm really disappointed that the kotatsu table is not functional in restaurants. The minute I saw it, that the first think I thought of. Also I love the new counters but they really should have added some more clutter to put in those selves. Teapots, saucers, etc.

I love the new counters, I think the open shelves will be great in a shop to store the merchandise on.

Yeah I also thought that was weird because I'm pretty sure that is something they do realistically. I'm disappointed they used only plates as clutter but didn't make any cups or glasses? Glasses already exist as an asset. Just make them not stink when you pull them from debug.

Yeah I also thought that was weird because I'm pretty sure that is something they do realistically. I'm disappointed they used only plates as clutter but didn't make any cups or glasses? Glasses already exist as an asset. Just make them not stink when you pull them from debug.

Tea pots also. They have so much clutter items stuck to the furniture in this pack, tea pots and tea cups, all they need to do is separate them and make proper clutter items. Wish they would separate the cluster of potted flowers too, I really liked the little climbing plant with the blue flowers, and while they are at it they should make it bigger as well.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    I like the matching wood on the build/buy items, and the less bright bedding, sofa and chairs. Really wish there are matching kitchen cabinets though.
    @g01denswan I guess they get tired of doing the cabinets. I believe there are match shelves at least.
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I like the matching wood on the build/buy items, and the less bright bedding, sofa and chairs. Really wish there are matching kitchen cabinets though.

Some matching shelves, like the counters, would be so nice. Regarding the textile, I personally would have preferred some swatches in brighter patterns, with flowers and birds, instead of the boring geometric patterns they added, especially on the kimonos.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I think it’s really neat that there are surfaces on the rock-lined hot spring where you can place objects like lights.

I’m so glad we have a new mesh of the kids’ chemistry table!

I wish we could lean a snowboard or pair of skis against a wall.

But the platforms are everything I’ve dreamed of and more. Can’t wait to make some curved steps with them.
    @g01denswan I guess they get tired of doing the cabinets. I believe there are match shelves at least.

The shelves are useless for what I want to do though. I like using cabinets with other furniture to create built-in bookcases, closets, etc.
    babajayne wrote: »
    I think it’s really neat that there are surfaces on the rock-lined hot spring where you can place objects like lights.

But the platforms are everything I’ve dreamed of and more. Can’t wait to make some curved steps with them.

Diagonal stairs too. Circular stairs too maybe?

Some matching shelves, like the counters, would be so nice. Regarding the textile, I personally would have preferred some swatches in brighter patterns, with flowers and birds, instead of the boring geometric patterns they added, especially on the kimonos.

I prefer some brighter patterns with flowers, birds or fans on some of the clothing as well. I don’t like the geometric patterns on the kimonos either. Am really disappointed that the fan pattern was removed.

I just prefer the duller colours on furniture.
    babajayne wrote: »

I'm ready for new stuff for kids. I do like the new table but I never want to see the drawing table again. Fingers crossed for an easy bake oven, slides, seesaws and more after school activities.

I prefer some brighter patterns with flowers, birds or fans on some of the clothing as well. I don’t like the geometric patterns on the kimonos either. Am really disappointed that the fan pattern was removed.

I just prefer the duller colours on furniture.

I was really disappointed with the Kimono patterns. A lot of them are normally intricately designed and what we got is a massive let down.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited October 2020
    From the videos that I've seen the game-changers were talking about the game in uncompleted form so we don't know if anything is likely to be added between the time they made the videos and the one coming on the 13th November. There's always hope.

I remember SimGuruGraham occasionally saying that they'll "have to look at that" in his run through when things didn't go as planned!
  • smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    has anyone seen any thing about plants we might get in this pack? i going to check and see if any game changers have show if any plants they might have seen
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited November 2020
    There’s a Maple tree with a red swatch and a green one. And a Japanese pine tree.
    has anyone seen any thing about plants we might get in this pack? i going to check and see if any game changers have show if any plants they might have seen

• smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    thanks for telling me about them looking forwards to playing this pack