Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about very late update to catalina and the sims 3 on bootcamp

Hi, it has been about a couple of years since I moved to windows in bootcamp for playing the sims 3. I upgraded to catalina, although I heard there will be Big Sur coming next week. Anyway, I just came back to windows after mac upgrade because I don't see the 64bit Sims 3 version in my game libray on mac. I ran the sims 3 in windows again and got surprised that I feel my mouse moving is so smooth and light unlike before. So here's the question. I upgraded to catalina from High sierra this morning, and does this mac upgrade can affect the windows in bootcamp? NO Lag at all. I'm so impressed.

https://youtu.be/nBBf5NZjjI4

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    An OS upgrade or update on the Mac side of the partition wouldn't have any affect on the Windows side. The two OSs don't share any drivers or other software in common, and the Windows side can't even read the Mac side without special tools (or a much older version of Bootcamp).

Driver updates can make a difference on the Windows side though, not only an update of the driver for the mouse but also potentially a graphics driver or even something else entirely. Mouse lag or unresponsiveness can be caused by a delay in rendering the mouse, which would be graphics driver-related, rather than an issue between the mouse and the OS.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2020
    An OS upgrade or update on the Mac side of the partition wouldn't have any affect on the Windows side. The two OSs don't share any drivers or other software in common, and the Windows side can't even read the Mac side without special tools (or a much older version of Bootcamp).

Driver updates can make a difference on the Windows side though, not only an update of the driver for the mouse but also potentially a graphics driver or even something else entirely. Mouse lag or unresponsiveness can be caused by a delay in rendering the mouse, which would be graphics driver-related, rather than an issue between the mouse and the OS.

Thanks. :love: Then could be from my amd graphics driver update I've done recently! :) I got impressed it takes only 20 secs to load Bridgeport with All Eps and Sps.. and takes only 30 secs to save my game. It used to take about a minute to load a saved game and a min and half to save the game.