Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are male sims lacking in this game??

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Speaking of facial hair, females should have access to them as well, as hirsutism is a thing as well as transitioning male to female Sims.

There's already trans sims. You select a male and under options put female frame as a body. Then you can have have beards on.

I would never do such a thing :wink:
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Even though the options are lacking, I’m under no illusion that they’ll address the situation. The player demographics are what they are and I don’t see them prioritizing adult men or elders anytime soon. Imagine a stuff pack focused on them? Guaranteed to be the worst selling pack ever.

If they want it to sale they just need to include cars and a maybe a fixer upper car, or even a racetrack could be fun. For the kids include the missing bikes and go cart racing or skate boards.

• MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited October 2020
    Something that many I think (including myself) forget is that hairstyles, clothing, etc. can be applied to either sex, and therefore is not as binary or harshly defined as "females have x" and "males only got y" because so many options are available if one decided sex was not even a consideration by removing the tags... aka "x+y=All Genders".
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Something that many I think (including myself) forget, is that hairstyles, clothing, etc. can be applied to either sex, and therefore is not as binary or harshly defined as "females have x" and "males only got y" because so many options are available if either sex was not even a consideration, aka "x+y=All Genders".

Yeah, almost everything is unlocked for either gender in the game, but that doesn't mean that male sims don't have less overall.

1) Lots of items aren't gender-neutral. Most players probably won't put male sims in dresses and bikinis.

2) Lots of items aren't optimized for the opposite gender. If a mesh wasn't built for male sims and wasn't textured for male sims, it can look weird - "puffy" chest shapes with shadows painted to look like breasts. Their in-game conversion process isn't perfect either, because mens' pants on women end up with weird distortion in the crotch.

They still need to add more stuff for male sims, imo.
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Something that many I think (including myself) forget is that hairstyles, clothing, etc. can be applied to either sex, and therefore is not as binary or harshly defined as "females have x" and "males only got y" because so many options are available if one decided sex was not even a consideration by removing the tags... aka "x+y=All Genders".

That still ignores that there are still less unique hairstyles between Male and females. And a lot of conversions don't look right. Male clothes vacuum seal onto the female body and it looks terrible.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited October 2020
    bizuktag wrote: »

Yeah, almost everything is unlocked for either gender in the game, but that doesn't mean that male sims don't have less overall.

1) Lots of items aren't gender-neutral. Most players probably won't put male sims in dresses and bikinis.

Exactly, and since females are more likely to dress in male clothing, it means female sims have even more options, while males have less. I do use the gender options on some of my male sims, but that does not make up for the lack of decent male CAS items.

That still ignores that there are still less unique hairstyles between Male and females. And a lot of conversions don't look right. Male clothes vacuum seal onto the female body and it looks terrible.

And a lot of the female clothes and hair looks terrible on the male sims too, doesn't fit right.

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    While I think there's been a big improvement on male CAS since Sims 3, I do think there's room for improvement. There often doesn't seem to be as much male clothing or hairstyles making it into the game as there is female.

I do notice the same with CC, as it happens. So I don't think it's just a developer thing.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I'd love to see more really short hair options for male sims, as well as body hair!
  • trinutellatrinutella Posts: 5 New Member
    YES. THE GUYS IN SIMS ARE L A C K I N G. I always find myself contributing more of my time to customizing my female sims while they have better quality and quantity of clothes, hair, and makeup. We need better options for our guys. I want to give them as much love too!

Here are some hairstyle ideas that greatly reflect the ideal style of my generation (Z):

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ac/77/e1/ac77e14399566364455f6f8caccb053d.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/cb/d9/dc/cbd9dca2516c26a8959e471b57a0f6c8.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c5/55/df/c555df77a9fe543e5e715c8590d0eaaf.jpg
    Thank you to Timothee for being perfect.
    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/00/f3/69/00f3691dd12ce57d30ba94ffb3036b9e.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0b/d7/ea/0bd7ea1dedcad032bfd6d9a77a730529.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bc/0e/4a/bc0e4aadece43c1c1ecb97ea016b1697.jpg
    Same goes for Louis.

Here are clothes that we need in order for simmers to enjoy styling our male sims:

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/81/7e/81/817e81b5029c72ea1c72767d1bfb6c02.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/474x/db/35/95/db35955699d41262560fc8fd896feebb.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/474x/ea/8f/ec/ea8fec39446e0a60c1b5f076e428462d.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/474x/dc/8b/c1/dc8bc17769d863ea3459f45dd48e1eb6.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a2/e8/32/a2e83209ee9b410e681944264d738a34.jpg

Need these styles. ASAP.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    My Sims went to a festival. As usual, it was all male Sims.

Then they went to a bar. As usual, it was all male Sims.

Then they went onto the Britechester campus. It was all female Sims! My straight male single Sim was so happy! :smiley:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Generally speaking, it makes sense in a real-world context that female sims would have more hairstyles and clothing variety than their male counterparts, but I still want better options for men.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I don’t think there’s a lack, for two reasons:
    1. Not all clothing in the game marked as “feminine” is strictly feminine. There are a lot of gender-neutral clothes in the feminine category that can work for male sims if you remove the “feminine” filter in CAS.
    2. Generally, men have less clothes and hairstyles than women irl.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    In real life males don’t have as many options. No offence meant to the male population. Like hairstyles are not generally as varied as females because females can wear their hair in many different ways with hair accessories. Males tend to not use hair accessories as much if at all depending on the individual of course. Clothing for males is also limited when compared to female clothing. I’m not saying it’s fair but it is just that way so it doesn’t really surprise or bother me that they get less in the game. As mentioned above it’s not just the developers it’s the same cc creators as well.
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    I feel like they could have added body hair with this update and the options to shave and wax and stuff would be cool
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2020
    I like a certain look on a man. So, I'll always look to cc creators to find what I like. My favorite CC creator for men's clothing is Darte77. Personally, I like shorts at a certain length for men. Yet, I do use a lot of the Sims 4 men's clothing and shoes.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 ... When I see some of your Sims, I wonder if you use Darte77 cc. Am I right?
    Darte77-cc-creator.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Cait_lynCait_lyn Posts: 71 Member
    In CAS the "masculine" tag is definitely lacking compared to the "feminine" one. Fewer hairstyles and the ones we've been getting recently are very similar to hairs from previous packs. They've been making more natural curly hairstyles lately for "feminine" sims, but not so many for the "masculine" ones. Though it actually looks like the new pack has about an equal amount of clothes for both.
    (I have the same issue with kids. I can't believe that kids don't get their own unique hairstyles anymore. Most of the converted adult ones look really weird on kids to me)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    If they are confused on what to add for male sims, why didnt they just convert clothing and hairstyles from their previous games? I know i like most of the male hairstyles from sims 3, and I only find few of them converted for sims 4, would love to if the maxis themselves converted their own assets to use for their next/current game.

Some of the hairstyles that i havent found the look-alike in The Sims 4.

kxR9bJw.jpg

I dont mind if they reuse the asset from previous game for something like this

Post edited by izecson on
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yeah men and children and elders really get the short end of the stick with content. I mean I'm a woman and even I don't like to play only with YA females. Assuming that we do is just wrong.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    If they are confused on what to add for male sims, why didnt they just convert clothing and hairstyles from their previous games? I know i like most of the male hairstyles from sims 3, and I only find few of them converted for sims 4, would love to if the maxis themselves converted their own assets to use for their next/current game.

Some of the hairstyles that i havent found the look-alike in The Sims 4.

kxR9bJw.jpg

I dont mind if they reuse the asset from previous game for something like this

These were definitely some of my favorite hairstyles! :)
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It drives me crazy !!
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Male Sims need pants that stretch past their ankles.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I like a certain look on a man. So, I'll always look to cc creators to find what I like. My favorite CC creator for men's clothing is Darte77. Personally, I like shorts at a certain length for men. Yet, I do use a lot of the Sims 4 men's clothing and shoes.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 ... When I see some of your Sims, I wonder if you use Darte77 cc. Am I right?
    Darte77-cc-creator.jpg

@Hearts4u
    You’re right! A lot of my male sims wear those cargo military pants on the left, boots included. Also loose-fit tops. I feel Darte77’s clothing looks way more natural and comfortable on my guys. I actually use very few items of the male clothing that comes with TS4 packs, unless they’re hoodies or joggers or those harem pants (DU) or whatever such things are called. The rest looks too stiff, tight, short...or simply....too awkward. Nothing I’d wear myself now. 😂
    My favorite male CAS attire actually came with JtB, but it’s more suitable for fantasy gameplay and not so much realistic play.
    Male sims need more CAS love. That’s for sure.

One of my dudes below.
    M01-02.jpg
    Most is CC, boots are actually Moschino boots!
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2020
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 .... I love the way your male Sims look.

One of CAPTAIN_NXR7's dudes below. He is freakin awesome!
    M01-02.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah men and children and elders really get the short end of the stick with content. I mean I'm a woman and even I don't like to play only with YA females. Assuming that we do is just wrong.

I'm with you here. Heck, most of the Sims I play with are male. I think males are just funner to play as than females idk why.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I hate 98% of their pants/shorts. They all end up vaguely similar. not enough facial hair, not enough accessories, not enough tatoos, and I wish we had body hair for sims. that could make such a difference.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes, just plain yes!
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Male Sims need pants that stretch past their ankles.
    No they don't, they can perfectly live happily without those. Pants are overrated! Besides these type of pants are already available. However, I will concede that we need more of them, but that basically goes for any and all male cas assets
    A more important question is: where the heck is the body hair?
    Yes, ridiculously long overdue. Should be prioritized over non-objects babies, farms, bunk beds, and dare I even say... cars.
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    bulge slider when :D equality an' all that
    Yes, men come in all sizes and it's a normal anatomical characteristic for about 50% of the world population that's offensively not represented in the game.
    APotts wrote: »
    ...and more workout options.
    Yes, there are never enough work out options (although that's not necessarily male related).
    Oceancat wrote: »
    I think so, every new pack focuses mostly on female YA sims
    This one's a bit harder to put my finger on. It's not just female YA sims, but female players in general. Specifically team Maxis' marketing not really aiming at male players. Most of the time a new pack is advertised the protagonist sim for that pack is female prominently feature front and center on the pack art. And of course it's funny (sarcastically) in these videos that a male sim gets pulped to death by a murphy bed, a male sim gets a football kicked in his face by a female sim, a male sim crashes face first in the snow while skiing, a male sim clumsily setting of all the traps in a Selvadoradian temple (also a male sim dying to an electric shock), a male sim falling into the shark filed pond, etc. These fun things can also equally happen to female sims in game yet the videos unequally portray male sims in negative situations that lead to bodily harm.
    ...more short hair that is not 3 metres high...
    Not just more short hair, but also more balding patterns, and for hats on short hair to fit more snugly around a sim's head. I usually don't have my sims wear baseball caps for instance because they look like thick plastic construction helmets on any sim with short hair.
    ...And sexier clothes...
    An oh yeah, how could I forget, this of course.
    BMSO wrote: »
    ...hair options...
    From what I've seen in the Snowy Escape Live Stream, male sims get three (3) new hairstyles, while female sims get over 10... that's just plain sexist.
    Catzilla wrote: »
    ...require major overhauls and a lot of fiddling to remove the dorky to full-on yikes...
    Lol, but true.
    ...Bare ankles. I'd love to see more long pants for male sims. Most of the pants are too short, like above the ankles too short...
    How is that look a problem for so many people here. Bare ankles is really quite common, comfortable (and sexy).
    ...Voices. I'd love to have a few more voice tones to choose from.
    I never realized this before, but so much yes, when I roll a new sim in cas I often find myself sliding those voice slides and go no, no, nope, ewww, no, not what I had in mind, already got that voice on another sim, too high pitched, too deep, too shrill, too whiny... and end up with most of my male sims sounding the same due to a lack in normal-range voice variety.