Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member

DeKay wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Tell me about your favorite drink to enjoy in the fall/autumn.

🤷‍♀️ No autumn here. But I wonder if you guys have 'special' drinks for each season. :D
    Not much to say about that except that they are not special drinks. I like to drink hot chocolate, hot coffee, holiday custard, eggnog in fall and winter.
    Conan Exiles is almost finish updating. This Conan Exiles update is said to have vanity mirror in it. Which means I can finally change my exile's appearance with out having to start a whole new game. But I can't play now because it's to late to play Conan Exiles. So I have to wait in-order try out this new vanity mirror thing. Sigh!

I've been meaning to try eggnog. Maybe make some eggnog desserts during Christmas season. :P

Eggnog!!! So good
    they/he
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited October 2020
    f88263b3eb3b5ecab6f8ac24eaf24479f1c8d2b0.jpg
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    xSongx wrote: »
    I don't have anything to say other than hello.

Bonsoir :smile:

Is that like bonjour? 😂

Bonjour but for the evening.

I think.
    Bonjour is a French greeting used for the daytime as well as evening.

So what is Bonsoir?

It’s “good evening” :)

Ah. :D And Bonjour can be used for any time of day, right?

Yeah, I think so. Since it means "good day", I don't see why not. It's like "konichiwa" in Japanese, it doesn't mean hello (that would basically be "moshi moshi" which is what you say when you pick up the phone), it actually means "good afternoon", but because it's spoken alllll the time it just basically means "hello" now.

I was going to potentially say something more, but uhh I might've mentioned it to Frenchy and he can clearly explain French better then I can (native speaker vs. just a beginner) :sweat_smile:
    xSongx wrote: »
    I don't have anything to say other than hello.

Bonsoir :smile:

Is that like bonjour? 😂

Bonjour but for the evening.

I think.
    Bonjour is a French greeting used for the daytime as well as evening.

So what is Bonsoir?

It’s “good evening” :)

Ah. :D And Bonjour can be used for any time of day, right?

Yes. "Bonjour" means "good day" but a French "jour" can mean either the daytime or the entire 24 hour cycle, just like the English "day". This carries over to the expression, meaning that you can wish someone to have a good day no matter the time of day, and it also serves as a greeting. "Bonsoir" means "good evening" and is specifically for evenings or nights, although if someone is going to bed or leaving late, we could say "bonne nuit", which is specifically "goodnight". There is also "bon matin" which means "good morning", and "bon après-midi", which means "good afternoon". :)

https://youtu.be/0u0M4CMq7uI
    Today's Q Q is:
    What food item or dish do you think is overrated?

Bacon? HAha. Don't come at me. But I can't think of anything else that is overrated right now... Y'all have any ideas?

Bacon is overrated, but I also can't really eat it so :sweat_smile:

Waffles, Burger King, Culver's...I'm sure there's others, I just can't think of them right now :sweat_smile:

Yeah, French is my second language too. I think we learn more France-French in school, but most native Francophones in Canada are Québécois (and probably most French teachers in Canada too). Maybe the meaning of “salut” in Québec is primarily as a greeting? I don’t know.

You are correct. Most of my friends who are learning French are learning a better one than the one we actually use in North America. :sweat_smile: I always tried to keep a good French and speak as well as I can, but over the years it has gotten more difficult as most of my life and influences are gradually becoming more English.

I haven’t spoken French in awhile. I wish I could speak it better, but I don’t have anyone in RL to talk to. I also live in a very English speaking area.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Tell me about your favorite drink to enjoy in the fall/autumn.

🤷‍♀️ No autumn here. But I wonder if you guys have 'special' drinks for each season. :D

I just assumed it was more of a Christmas/Holiday time drink, rather than a fall/autumn season drink.

Eggnog... non-alcoholic version
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    fLtJ5Y5.jpg
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
    We are going to have thunderstorms and 50 mile per hour winds in my area tonight!

Won't surprise me if the house ends up on top of a witch in the middle of Oz, y'all! :lol:
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Nice! It's not really a thing here in Singapore but I always wanted to try it since I'm so "Westernized" sometimes. :D

I definitely think you should give it a shot. It has a similar consistency and viscosity to a smoothie and it tastes...very sweet vanillaish, for the lack of a better word describing it. Depending on the flavors you can get, you can also get cinnamon mixed in (lighter varieties are less sweet and are more like milk). Some of them are even alcoholic as well, but I haven't tried alcoholic varieties yet.
    We are going to have thunderstorms and 50 mile per hour winds in my area tonight!

Won't surprise me if the house ends up on top of a witch in the middle of Oz, y'all! :lol:

Stay safe! Here where I live, it may as well be Oz because it's all sunshine and a bit on the warm side here. Just ignore the recent fires and it's pretty much good weather.
    A1hnP0t.png
    edited October 2020
    Wildways new album is out and I'm not ready. 🙈🙈

EDIT: THIS SONG IS SO GOOD.
    https://youtu.be/ZCIL_v4Gb4o
    Post edited by DeKay on
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Rain is no fun when it makes my head feel funny :confounded:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:
    You’re home alone but you hear footsteps in your house, what do you do?

Check it out. Hahaa. 🤣🙈 To be fair, I don't think I would even hear footsteps cuz I'm too busy listening to music. LOL.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Check it out. Hahaa. 🤣🙈 To be fair, I don't think I would even hear footsteps cuz I'm too busy listening to music. LOL.

Probably yell at the cat and then check it out to see if it was her knocking something over :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
    Today's Q Q is:

Probably yell at the cat and then check it out to see if it was her knocking something over :sweat_smile:

LOL LOL. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    That chance of snow that I mentioned a few days ago should start falling in an hour! We are only expecting an inch or so, which isn't too bad.
    edited October 2020
    That chance of snow that I mentioned a few days ago should start falling in an hour! We are only expecting an inch or so, which isn't too bad.

Awesome. :blush: I don't know why I feel excited for that. It's probably gonna be troublesome for you tho.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Stop what I'm doing and listen intently. Then call the cops if I can confirm I'm not imagining things. This is assuming I'm living completely by myself and I don't have housemates.
    A1hnP0t.png

Awesome. :blush: I don't know why I feel excited for that. It's probably gonna be troublesome for you tho.

If anything it might be pretty.
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Stop what I'm doing and listen intently. Then call the cops if I can confirm I'm not imagining things. This is assuming I'm living completely by myself and I don't have housemates.

That fact that you would call the cops, compared to my answer. 😭

If anything it might be pretty.

True.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    fLtJ5Y5.jpg

I took that picture in the river underneath the steal waterfall (Scotland's second largest waterfall) and behind me is where they filmed the dragon scene in Harry Potter and the goblet of fire
    edited October 2020
    fLtJ5Y5.jpg

I took that picture in the river underneath the steal waterfall (Scotland's second largest waterfall) and behind me is where they filmed the dragon scene in Harry Potter and the goblet of fire

That's cool.

LOL.
    https://youtu.be/EVhHg9bzkbA
    Post edited by DeKay on
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited October 2020
    Today's Q Q is:

Let "Mr Percy" know that I HEARD him & know it's him!

Normally you only SMELL his cigarettes smoking though. Mr Percy doesn't NORMALLY mess with items, but I have seen things moved with NO explanation.

Btw - did I mention that Mr Percy is the REAL ghost in the house?

He was a heavy smoker (Newport were his fav) and ended up dying of lung cancer. Whenever he's near, you can smell cigarettes smoke. Other times, in the exact SAME spot, you smell nothing.
    Hey, peoples
    Today's Q Q is:

Let "Mr Percy" know that I HEARD him & know it's him!

Normally you only SMELL his cigarettes smoking though. Mr Percy doesn't NORMALLY mess with items, but I have seen things moved with NO explanation.

Btw - did I mention that Mr Percy is the REAL ghost in the house?

He was a heavy smoker (Newport were his fav) and ended up dying of lung cancer. Whenever he's near, you can smell cigarettes smoke. Other times, in the exact SAME spot, you smell nothing.

I have had one time, in my house where there's a cigarette smoke smell like right in the middle of my brother's bedroom and he didn't open his bedroom window or anything and there's no way the smoke could have come from the living room windows anyway cuz then we would be able to trace the smell. 🤣

And there are people who still don't believe in ghosts or spirits. THEN HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT WITH SCIENCE. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Snowy Escape looks like another overpriced game pack. Yay!
    Today's QQ is:

Cryptidcore.

Cryptidcore is an aesthetic traditionally associated with cryptozoology, or the study of creatures from urban legends and folklore, and the glorification and idolisation of cryptids, conspiracies, and all-around mystery. Cryptidcore is also, generally speaking, fairly vintage, and takes inspiration from the 1970s-90s. The main aspect of Cryptidcore is the romanticisation of cryptids, urban legends and folklore, and the deep love for theories. This aesthetic tends to incorporate polaroid cameras, abandoned buildings, glow in the dark iconography, dark forests, alien imagery, ouija boards, VHS tapes, conspiracy documentaries, and a love for the supernatural.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Happy Halloween! Frankenstein, vampires, the mummy, and werewolves are now officially on the scene! 🎃

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top