Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discussion + Play thread: 64 bit Sims 3 for Mac!

thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
Hello hello! I'm so excited to be playing Sims 3 on my Mac again -- especially with all of the new updates. I thought it would be nice to start a thread where people can post their experiences using the "remastered" game. Let's hope it turns out to be a good thing!

Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Is it out yet? I thought it was supposed to come out tomorrow. I do have a couple of questions, can I ask them?
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,275 Member
    I'm going to read with interest how this goes, if Mac users can play really large saves now, and things like that. :)
    cUrfGkA.gif
    Well, if it's out and ready to download I'll probably just go ahead and download it and if it works fine I will post results.
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    Mine is out in 10 mins
    its downloadin WOOHOO
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Downloading~.... 5 eps to go O_O
  • sumthinspecial31sumthinspecial31 Posts: 15 Member
    Hello is the sims 3 64bit available because I only see the regular version on my MacBook Pro not the 64bit version
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @sumthinspecial31 When did you buy the game? For some recent purchases, the 64-bit version hasn't been added. But regardless, you can contact EA customer support for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
    I bought it back in 2016. But ill contact them right now. Thanks you.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Mine isn’t showing. Contacted them and was asked to wait 48 hours ...... :(
    @sumthinspecial31 When did you buy the game? For some recent purchases, the 64-bit version hasn't been added. But regardless, you can contact EA customer support for help.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

I pre ordered that from amazon back in the day !! Best sims game ever.

Says the game was installed improperly on boot. 1.70 is the new version number
    Says the game was installed improperly on boot. 1.70 is the new version number

same im installing then trying agiam
  • hencoll1hencoll1 Posts: 6 New Member
    Anyone else missing a number of your expansion packs with the 64Bit? I'm missing 7. I'm given the option to buy but not download.
    I contacted support and they said that they are running into issues and not sure when they will have the problem fixed.
    No I haven't got mine showing, I will wait a bit and see what happens I think I will live for another 48 hours... :'(
    Did anyone manage to play this game at all ?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2020
    @jimbbq - Yes, some have. The fix for the incomplete installation error is being rolled out and will take a few days to reach everyone. I still have the broken version myself on my end. The startup videos and the error message before the game quits on the world selection screen do look very nice though, if anyone wants high quality screenshots of them. But that's as far as I can go right now. :/

From all reports, the working version still has some issues to be fixed up as well.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    48 hour wait has come and gone. Still no metal version ! Contacted live chat and asked to wait again ... :(
    jimbbq wrote: »
    48 hour wait has come and gone. Still no metal version ! Contacted live chat and asked to wait again ... :(

It may be just as well. If you were to be granted the broken version of it like just about everyone else was and the fixed version hasn't propagated yet, it's not going to do you any good until the fixed version arrives.

Although some who are missing entitlements have gotten the fixed version by having a customer support agent grant them access, that becomes the luck of the draw as to who can get an agent who knows how to do this to do it for them. It's better for now for most players to just be patient until the real version shows up.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I've got it working w/ all EPs and some CC. Haven't run into any problems so far. The game is much faster than my equivalent on my MSI gaming laptop from 2016. Loading times are around the same.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    For anyone who does manage to play, it would be great if you could see whether you have these issues, and if you do, please click Me Too on the first post, and add your specs if requested.

Red flashing screen
    Grainy/shiny/pixellated hair/borked eyelashes
    Certain keyboard commands stick or don't release
    No interactions for open water

If you get a warning that your system has run out of memory, PLEASE post your specs in this thread, and it would be great if you could include a screenshot of the Activity Monitor's Sims 3 info while playing as well. Open Applications > Utilities, launch the Activity Monitor, and double-click on the Sims 3 entry.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/TS3-64-BIT-MEMORY-LEAK/m-p/9665526#M12190
  • CherrycherrysCherrycherrys Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello everyone, anyone here? I'm having problems with the eyelashes (black rectangle) and their hair in CAS, the hair (kind like grainysh) but at least in gameplay looks good but the eyelashes don't, I tried downloading mods that removes the ea eyelashes but doesn't work :(
    edited March 2021
    @Cherrycherrys - The issues with this version of the game are still being documented, and in some cases clever workarounds being discussed, on the AHQ forum board posts that @puzzlezaddict links to above. I believe the list of issues has grown a bit longer since then, but the hair/eyelashes was one of the first ones reported. There are no forthcoming fixes from EA being mentioned beyond the very first one that was really more Origin related, and no mods specifically designed for these issues that I know of.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • CherrycherrysCherrycherrys Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you :) The longer I play I find another problem :/