Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uni majors for own business?

CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
Is there any point in my sim going to university if im planning for him to start his own shop? Would any of the majors help with this?

Comments

• PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    Hello! I'm not completely sure but I never noticed anything like that. Some majors require charisma skill which can be useful but the skill isn't tied to university.
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    Potsae wrote: »
    Hello! I'm not completely sure but I never noticed anything like that. Some majors require charisma skill which can be useful but the skill isn't tied to university.

hi! oh right, well i might just make my sim go to uni for the fun anyway lol
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    University is basically an extension to their life where they learn all sorts of skills and get bonus want slots, you miss out on too much by NOT going, even if you never use the degree (much like real life there right?)
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • CaelemCaelem Posts: 75 Member
    Devalaous wrote: »
    University is basically an extension to their life where they learn all sorts of skills and get bonus want slots, you miss out on too much by NOT going, even if you never use the degree (much like real life there right?)

i never thought of that. it still gives my sims an extended life so more time to learn stuff. thank u!
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    if you really want to get the most out of uni, you can sort of cheat by getting academic probation once per semester, for double the time spent at uni; for most this would be unbearable, but you'd have so much time to skill up, learn life skills, and build friendships.

You could very well leave uni with extremely high skills in all areas and all the things like lifelong happiness and physiology. The higher a sim's skills, the faster they learn talent badges, and while you cant build register and sales badges at uni, you CAN build things like robotics, toymaking, fishing, sewing, pottery etc while on campus between lessons. Then therse stuff like taking a degree in something that requires lots of charisma or cooking skills; those are handy in businesses.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2020
    You might want to send your Sim just for fun, and gain some extra charisma and mechanical skills depending on which major you pick. The extra want slots are nice, too. You might need extra mechanical skills in case you have a bathroom on the lot. Or sinks, and or TVs, pcs etc.
    Customers complain if there is a mess, or broken objects, so cleaning skills (Faster at cleaning) might help, and being able to fix the broken objects without having to call a repair Sim.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.