Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE ONE & ONLY 'SNOWY ESCAPE' COMPLAINING THREAD!

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Not specifically about the pack but some people owe the person who pointed out that Lisimsie leaked the map an apology.
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Wow, I'm surprised and disappointed to hear the original thread was deleted. But either way, the gameplay trailer was laughable to me. There was barely any gameplay shown. The voiceover had a lot of lore and stuff, but I wonder how much of that will actually be translated into gameplay. I read on Sims Vip that there will be a festival event for kids, which I guess is cool, but what else will they be getting? I want new gameplay for kids that isn't limited to one world. Not to mention gameplay for toddlers. And once again, I mean more than just sitting on a sled than an adult is controlling.

Also the lifestyles look no different than regular old traits to me. I'm really not sure what's supposed to be so special about them, and I'm going to need to see them in action to see that they're more than just adding moodlets.

I'm still not sure about the zen stuff. It really seems pointless to me. The hot springs and everything looks no different than the spa day relaxing stuff. I don't see why this is part of a snow vacation themed pack.

Overall, still not impressed.

It was shorter too. Most gameplay trailers are 2 minutes 30 seconds. This one was 1 minute.

@catloverplayer The youtube version of the trailer is 2 minutes and 25 seconds long.....
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,903 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Lustianicia ,
    I see you have edited your post. But indeed we do have a sim with transgender, Morgyn, from ROM :)

EDITED to add to my post to be on topic:
    I hate the VO in trailer.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wow, I'm surprised and disappointed to hear the original thread was deleted. But either way, the gameplay trailer was laughable to me. There was barely any gameplay shown. The voiceover had a lot of lore and stuff, but I wonder how much of that will actually be translated into gameplay. I read on Sims Vip that there will be a festival event for kids, which I guess is cool, but what else will they be getting? I want new gameplay for kids that isn't limited to one world. Not to mention gameplay for toddlers. And once again, I mean more than just sitting on a sled than an adult is controlling.

Also the lifestyles look no different than regular old traits to me. I'm really not sure what's supposed to be so special about them, and I'm going to need to see them in action to see that they're more than just adding moodlets.

I'm still not sure about the zen stuff. It really seems pointless to me. The hot springs and everything looks no different than the spa day relaxing stuff. I don't see why this is part of a snow vacation themed pack.

It was shorter too. Most gameplay trailers are 2 minutes 30 seconds. This one was 1 minute.

@catloverplayer The youtube version of the trailer is 2 minutes and 25 seconds long.....

Oh I"ll have to check that out then. I watched thesims on twitter's version.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Just watched and I like that one better. I had no idea there were 2 versions.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    From the looks of it, both GF and SE have an option where your sim can be obsessed with their phone. What happens when your celeb sim with phone obsession quirk also acquire the phone obsession life sentiment. Sounds buggy and an obvious reskin of the GF system that allows regular sims to get quirks too.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Lifestyle and sentiments should have been available to pick from Cas, I think.

ihavemultiplegamertags
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I see some of the new facial animations that the main girl in the trailer is of a low quality,and the snow texture as well. I see a lot of jaggy edges and low fps at beginning of the video, it seems like they recorded the gameplay for trailer in a low end computer, or this world has heavy impact in performance
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    edited October 2020
    This comment isn't really about the pack as much as it is the gameplay trailer, I'm so tired of these cringe voiceovers for the gameplay trailers. It really peaked for me with the childish "yay" sound effect that played when the surge emotion thing popped up. Felt like I was watching a kids show for a second there.

Edit: Also that lifestyle system should absolutely be a part of the base game. I don't see why it should be tied to this pack.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    After listening to Mario Kart Tour and Animal Crossing Pocket Camp's childish saccharine trailers with a sweet female voice talking about games that promote manipulative gambling and loot boxes, hearing this trailer for Snowy Escape doesn't bother me in the slightest lol.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    no idea :p nothing yet haha have to wait untill i get it i suppose since i am not buying this untill the reviews come out on this forum. yes, mind you THIS forum, not the reviews made by influencers on EA's payroll! i'd rather observe what other normal players like me think of this before i consider getting this even though i LOVE snowboarding since i do this a lot myself whenever there is enough snow to wax the board and go at it so yeah...pack right up my alley!!!! but i have this nagging feeling it will be another buginfested and very shallow addition not worth the price they will charge for it... and it will probabely be broken as well meaning we'll probabely have to demand a patch to fix all the broken and glitched stuff be4 it even becomes normally playable
  • KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    The big question I have is will the sims from Japan dance like the other sims will. I bet they will. I think that it would be nice to restrict certain dances to specific areas (or sims) if wanted. It is annoying having to see all sims dancing the exact same way no matter where they go. Journey to SW has this, too. It would be so nice if they added the option to have some sims that can dance, some that can't, and some that do only traditional/romantic dances. And, the only ways to learn the dances are to watch or be taught.

Why do all sims toddler and up need to know dance, and do so the exact same way and style. Some ppl in life actually hate dancing. And some ppl don't like music.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    I see no problem in recycling some items from older versions as it is almost impossible not to, but there are an lack of features that made the older versions stand out as for me Sims 4 had not followed an normal evolution. For me Sims 4 was about regression, not evolution and for some unknown reason regression in Sims 4 supposed to so great and inspiring and I must say Sims 4 is not that great and lacks lot of creativity.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    Well here are my cons.I don't think there is a lot in this pack.That worth it's cost.I love the Japanese stuff they kept in.(🙃🙃🙃🙃) I'm excited for festivals, snow activities, and climbing up the mountain.But Iam not sure that it is enough for game play.The life styles, and sentiments it so vague.
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    I wait for livestream, but I think this EP is so cheapy... do I pay for the same things a second time? Do you (simsgurus) punish those who have all the packages?

the only thing that will be useful will be sentiment. But the file will be superficial and about nothing, as well as lifestyle. MAybe I go back to The sims2. it's so awful that a game so much older is worse only in graphics ....
  • szajkaszajka Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="Kniga_Sitara;c-17707740"]I wait for livestream, but I think this EP is so cheapy... do I pay for the same things a second time? Do you (simsgurus) punish those who have all the packages?
    [/quote]

This is how I feel :( I feel punished for having City Living (festivals), SPA DAY, Fitness Stuff, etc. They are reusing so many things...

I am also dissapointed that there are not giving us tools to modify the world as we want it. For example - we should be able to create our own festivals, hotels, ski routes, etc. S4 lacks tools for my creative needs, I want to also create my world with my rules, not only play in already made world.

They had so many opportunities to do that. Here they could give us hotels, resorts, possibility to create ski routes, maybe a climbing route or our own hikes - that would be amazing. Just think of what community would do with tools like that.

This is why I love the idea od NAP. In theory it would be a great tool - set rules to the neighbourhood! Like it would be amazing if we could set a rule - no kissing in public or recreate world where no tech is allowed. Or the contest for the best gouse could be back :D or we could have an option to vote "beautiful gardens" so every house would have to have a lot of green plans. Sky was the limit.
    Insead of that what we got? Only few, incredibly stupid ideas to choose from. I hope there will be mods for it.

I am also dissapointed with lifestyle system and I feel fooled. It is like extra 8 traits, not 16 lifestyles.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Fast Food and Fast Packs, both very appealing and both very bad for you.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    It's rather like buying a subscription isn't it? Gradually getting bits that link with one another. I just wish things linked up a bit more myself.

Re: Political stuff. It is expressly banned in the Rules so I would go elsewhere to protest not here.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,459 Member
    I'm going to hold off on sharing my thoughts about SE until I've watched the live stream.

I did however come here to agree with others regarding (yet another) cringe worthy Game Play Trailer VO.

From watching this trailer I (yet again) figured that I obviously don't fit into the intended target audience (although i do really like the Sims4 )....but this time I was wondering...if it's at all possible for those GP trailers to make one feel a little ashamed for playing the Sims4?

Cause that's what I'm kinda feeling at the moment...

They should seriously consider hiring Morgan Freeman the next time. I'd feel more intelligent....plus I would have per-ordered that DLC by now.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Omaira wrote: »
    Fast Food and Fast Packs, both very appealing and both very bad for you.

Fast Packs= lots of bugs and broken gameplay features but yeah ^_^ EA is very hungry for your $$$
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    This comment isn't really about the pack as much as it is the gameplay trailer, I'm so tired of these cringe voiceovers for the gameplay trailers. It really peaked for me with the childish "yay" sound effect that played when the surge emotion thing popped up. Felt like I was watching a kids show for a second there.

I agree the VO was very off-putting.
  • DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    I already hate Lifestyles. That made me most interested in Sims 4 than I've been in, since the first teaser trailer for Sims 4 nearly 7 years ago and it proves to be a massive let down already from what we see.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    The only voice-over that I thought was good and didn't sound completely childish was the one from Realm of Magic. Whoever voiced Morgyn did a great job, they made the pack sound better than it actually was. I forgot it was the Sims 4 for a second and thought I was gonna go an entire quest and save the Realm from falling apart lol!
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Ugh, they’re reusing Jungle Adventures’s bug/critter attacks. I really hope there’s a better way to buy the repellents, I had to get a mod for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top