Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS WANTED!! Home Renovation!

ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 4 Lots
Welcome all Simmers!

No time limit on any challenge, its all just for fun and can be completed whenever.
For an extra challenge you can try building with just the packs I own (listed below) but don't feel obligated to limit yourself

I'm excited to see what you all come up with!

:)Previous Challenges (Still Open!!) :)
Challenge #1 Legacy Home
Challenge #2 City Restaurant/Lounge
Challenge #3 Abstract Shell
Challenge #4 Secret House
Challenge #5 Dream Shell Challenge
Challenge #6 Public Park
:heart:Challenge #7 Wedding Venue
Challenge#8 Row of Townhouses
Challenge #9 City Living Shell/ Debug House
Challenge #10 Beach Theme House
Challenge #11 Home Renovation

Gallery Link:
Slideshow Link:
CC and NoCC Art Credit:
Description:
Pictures:

Packs I own:
x9rnESS.png

Current Challenge:

Challenge #11 Home Renovation

Hi everyone!
Its been awhile. I haven't been playing the Sims as much, but recently I have been in a renovation/DIY mood. I decided to see what you all can come up with again, this time for a home renovation.

This home currently is 3 bedrooms, 2 bath. Open floor plan for the living room, kitchen, and dining room. There is a basement that was once finished but is now forgotten and empty.
Currently a retired couple and their son and daughter in law live in it. The retired couple love to relax with their dogs and garden (just incase you like some backstory, here is a little starter :smile: )

There is no budget but we do ask that you do not remove any walls (except for closets if you wish). Additions to the house are allowed in the back or left side of the home.

No CC please, moveobjects allowed. Use #clousinators on the gallery so I can find your builds faster. Most importantly: have fun!

Gallery Link for the Renovation Home

LRvrjcl.png
cTNnrIr.png
Mex4jxB.png

Post edited by Clousinators on

Comments

• nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Do the 3 bedrooms and 2 baths include the one at the basement level?
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @nali272 Yes, but you can also add a bedroom if you would like
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Alright, this ended up being 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, so definitely plenty of room to grow!
    Clousinators' Dream Home
    Link to all photos: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/clousinators-dream-home.html

10-18-20-8-10-12-pm_orig.png

Top-down views (3 photos)
    10-18-20-8-24-22-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-24-32-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-24-56-pm.png

Few screenshots (5 photos)
    10-18-20-8-12-47-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-15-15-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-18-23-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-19-14-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-21-48-pm.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    @icanhassims The garden in the front in the gated area is super cute! The purple flowers go well with the blue house. The landscaping in the front is a nice touch! I'm glad I just got a few more packs, now the kids can play all day in the backyard with all the options! I like that the kids creative corner is right by the office area. The laundry room is super cute, nice choice of decorations and I like the glass door into it. Perfect size kitchen, and I like that there is one small table nearby and a dining area kind of separated from the rest, will be nice for holiday dinners. Its kind of funny that you used the tree decals in the upper hallway, I'm working on a "family tree" mural that uses those and I was going to put it upstairs somewhere. Love all the double vanities in the bathroom, they look great! I love the blue you chose for the walls in the basement room, its my favorite color. Thanks for participating! I always enjoy checking out your builds!
    Thanks, @Clousinators! It was a very welcome distraction for me. :)
    edited October 2020
    I hope your sim self enjoys this modern rendition of the lot that you started. 3 stories, 3 bedrooms, and 2 baths.

Art by @AlJay and @Juwels64

Here is the slideshow link
    Gallery link
    Gallery name: Trinican

4blC5jJ.png
    6c8YDWu.png
    5qj1Wjk.png
    AV2bBpM.png
    zUq3i3R.png
    aRghBJJ.png
    Xm60Dh3.png
    SXLNiSi.png
    HApAkFR.png
    GjacHOF.png
    Post edited by nali272 on
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    I like the layering of mirrors and lights in the entryway, very unique. All the counters and cabinets in the kitchen look great and I like the little laundry room and where its located. I like that you turned the sun room into a kids play space and added a little porch beside it. All the artwork is really nice, did you make it? All the bright colors looks nice. I hadn't even thought to make the house look more modern but this looks great! The layering of the curtains in the kids room is a nice touch. I love all your closets lol nice detail. The basement bathroom looks like a great room to relax and refresh. I like the placement of the grill under the thing (I have completely forgotten the name of it lol) Thanks for participating! Love the build!
    well crapola, made an edit to my comment to give credit.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    Alright, this ended up being 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, so definitely plenty of room to grow!
    Clousinators' Dream Home
    Link to all photos: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/clousinators-dream-home.html

10-18-20-8-10-12-pm_orig.png

Top-down views (3 photos)
    10-18-20-8-24-22-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-24-32-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-24-56-pm.png

Few screenshots (5 photos)
    10-18-20-8-12-47-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-15-15-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-18-23-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-19-14-pm.png
    10-18-20-8-21-48-pm.png

Such a cute home. I love all the lavender. I was wandering if you could tell me how you got the walkway to curve like that?
    nali272 wrote: »
    I hope your sim self enjoys this modern rendition of the lot that you started. 3 stories, 3 bedrooms, and 2 baths.

Art by @AlJay and @Juwels64

Here is the slideshow link
    Gallery link
    Gallery name: Trinican

4blC5jJ.png
    6c8YDWu.png
    5qj1Wjk.png
    AV2bBpM.png
    zUq3i3R.png
    aRghBJJ.png
    Xm60Dh3.png
    SXLNiSi.png
    HApAkFR.png
    GjacHOF.png

Oh i love the way you did this home modern. It's light and fun and i like the master in the basement. Nice job!
    @NiniBeMe69 It's a little difficult to explain (though pretty easy to do) but basically I just used the flat round pieces and connected them to flat squares on either side that I wanted the path to go. I hope that made sense.
    @NiniBeMe69 I hope to see your version of this build soon!
    Truthfully, I didn't even know this was a building request. I saw the houses and I liked and commented and then I went to the top of the thread. LOL But I am definitely up for this challenge. I looks great!
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited November 2020
    Here is my take on your request......

1030 Dreamland Way

A modern 3 bedroom, 4 bath home. Make sure to activate bb.moveobjects before placing.
    Dr76kIb.png

More pics:
    0pxUrAZ.png
    z6GJKnT.png
    YeBla4p.png
    GNPz41a.png
    0xswL7i.png
    SdCIvO9.png
    7CvM3eQ.png
    Post edited by gmcrozier on
    @gmcrozier I like the layout of the cabinets in the recessed part of the kitchen, gives it a nice sleek look. Love that the entire living room kitchen area is open, the whole floor looks nice and open and airy. Layout of the living area looks great (and you added a gaming console! you know us so well lol) I like that you added a little bookcase corner to hide the door in. I like all the plants in the sunroom, and the waterfall is a nice touch. Making the stairs two blocks wide also adds to the open feel of the house. I've almost always built small bedrooms so its nice having two large bedrooms on the top floor now. The entire backyard looks great, every time I look I find something else! I like that you put the grill down with cabinets for counter space, all the little seating areas match well. great job creating little platforms for stairs and the hot tub, I know that can be time consuming. Thanks for participating! The entire lot looks great!
    edited March 2021
    Challenge #1 Legacy Home

I need some help completing a home for my sim self replica that I can use for a few generations.

The lot I am on right now is Umbrage Manor, but any 40x30 lot is fine. I want a house with at least 3 bedrooms, and 2 baths. I normally don't like huge houses, so if you can make it big enough for a growing sim family but not overly spacious that would be perfect. I also like the open concept style for the main floor with living room/kitchen/dinning areas if you can manage it. No real budget...under $250,000 is ideal. You also don't have to use the furniture in the shell, thats just to show which rooms were which.

Gallery Link for shell

Here are a few pics of the ideas I want included in the home:
    Its a sunroom with a glass roof, and a pool surrounding it so you always have great views. Under the sunroom via access of the secret bookcase door is the main bedroom with windows into the pool:
    h0L5VXt.png
    LGANqpB.png
    oQoFa9o.png

The red walls I think should probably stay in place, all other walls can be changed and of course add on the rest of the house! The foundation height can also be changed, just not too tall so the stairs to the basement stay a decent length.

I have built a full house with these same base plan but I just don't quite like how it turned out so I want to see how others would interpret it. Below are a few pics of the one I tried

Click here to go back to the list of challenges
    EWnn6tT.png
    srDopid.png
    HQB9u22.png
    edited March 2021
    Challenge #2 City Restaurant/lounge/bar

Its my birthday week and I was supposed to take a vacation this week but that has now been postponed. So, for this challenge I want you to help me build a lounge/bar/restaurant where I can take my sim to enjoy my birthday virtually.

I originally was going to go to NYC so if possible maybe give it some city vibes or a nice date theme. Make sure to add an area with instruments so people can enjoy a live performance while drinking or eating. No budget since its a public lot. 30x20 size lot. If you build it for a specific lot be sure to mention which one. For an extra challenge you can see if you can build it using only the packs I own (listed in the first post) but don't feel obligated to limit yourself.

No shell this time, its all up to you and your imagination! I look forward to exploring your creations!

Click here to go back to the list of challenges
    Happy birthday @Clousinators!!! Here's my lounge for you: City Lounge
    Yes, sims can actually fit on the stage. ;)

11-17-20-12-20-45-pm_orig.png
    11-17-20-12-23-31-pm_orig.png

Some more screenshots (6 photos):
    11-17-20-12-21-34-pm.png
    11-17-20-12-22-02-pm.png
    11-17-20-12-22-28-pm.png
    11-17-20-12-22-42-pm.png
    11-17-20-12-23-03-pm.png
    11-17-20-12-23-11-pm.png
  • QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    > @Clousinators said:
    > Challenge #2 City Restaurant/lounge/bar
    >
    > Its my birthday week and I was supposed to take a vacation this week but that has now been postponed. So, for this challenge I want you to help me build a lounge/bar/restaurant where I can take my sim to enjoy my birthday virtually.
    >
    > I originally was going to go to NYC so if possible maybe give it some city vibes or a nice date theme. Make sure to add an area with instruments so people can enjoy a live performance while drinking or eating. No budget since its a public lot. 30x20 size lot. If you build it for a specific lot be sure to mention which one. For an extra challenge you can see if you can build it using only the packs I own (listed in the first post) but don't feel obligated to limit yourself.
    >
    > No shell this time, its all up to you and your imagination! I look forward to exploring your creations!

Is there a specific deadline? Love these prompts and happy birthday!
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    @QueenV815 There is no deadline for any of the challenges, only two right now but I'll add more periodically. and Thank you :)
    @icanhassims I like all the red, you made everything match really well. Those little street lamps on the corners are cute, city living is one of my newest packs and I had never noticed theme before, they go well with the fountains and large spotlights. The inside of the lounge is laid out nicely, its simple but everything has its own section. The little dressing room is cute, I never would have thought of that. That stage is awesome, Nice walkway out of the middle and the curtains in the back are a nice touch. All the red upholstery and art in the bar area looks good together, and I like the red tree. The lighting throughout the entire lounge looks nice too, adds to the ambience. Great build!
    Thank you so much @Clousinators! I'm glad you liked it. :) Happy birthday again!!! <3
  • QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    @icanhassims love your lounge build!
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    Thank you, @QueenV815! I'm glad you liked it as well. :)
    New Challenge coming soon!! :)