Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If we have a Sims 5, should they add neighborhoods with no roads?

Maybe instead of having roads, some neighborhoods could have only sidewalks or hiking/biking trails. That way, sims would have to walk, boat, bike, snowshoe, or use alternate modes of transportation, to get to their destination. The towns could be given names such as Eagle Creek, Cranberry Woods, or other good names for rural, wooded, upscale towns.

Comments

• NetflixianHereNetflixianHere Posts: 18 Member
    I think it would be interesting. Although, from what I'm playing, the Sims don't need a mode of transportation. The loading screen just brings them there, and I guess they call a taxi or something. It would be fun to see them going from point A to point B these ways, but how would it actually work?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yeah roads are kind of pointless right now, we don't have school buses to pick up the kids, no carpool cars to take you to work, no taxis to take you downtown or wherever you're going, the firemen don't show up in a firetruck
  • PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    If I recall correctly, in TS3 it is possible to place lots not connected to roads (sims walk to them) and there's CaW so theoretically it is possible and had already been done so why not in TS5. Out of premade worlds I think TS3's Dragon Valley (from store) doesn't have car roads. One enhancement to that system that I can imagine is that bikes also needed some kind of roads to work though IRL it's not necessary. Overall, I think TS5 having some sort of Create-a-World would resolve a lot of issues.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Maybe instead of having roads, some neighborhoods could have only sidewalks or hiking/biking trails. That way, sims would have to walk, boat, bike, snowshoe, or use alternate modes of transportation, to get to their destination. The towns could be given names such as Eagle Creek, Cranberry Woods, or other good names for rural, wooded, upscale towns.

The game basically needs a Create-A-World right from the start that will allow us to design our worlds anyway we want. That's what I love about TS3 so much! I want a worthy successor to it that will have all its great features and add even more! Currently, in TS3's CAW, you can create worlds without roads if you wish!

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

The game basically needs a Create-A-World right from the start that will allow us to design our worlds anyway we want. That's what I love about TS3 so much! I want a worthy successor to it that will have all its great features and add even more! Currently, in TS3's CAW, you can create worlds without roads if you wish!

Wait naaaniii :O . EA Worlds always have roads on them, and I never downloaded in custom worlds. IF that is the case, what happens if sims bought a car they will still be able to use it?
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    edited October 2020
    @TS1299 No, if the world does not have roads they will not be able to use the car, I am not even sure about the bicycle either, but they could ride horses if you have Pets or the Windcarver if you have ITF.
    @Potsae Dragon Valley has roads that you can drive cars in.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy Hope you are enjoying home again! Despite all that is going around the world it is good to be home!
    TS1299 wrote: »

Wait naaaniii :O . EA Worlds always have roads on them, and I never downloaded in custom worlds. IF that is the case, what happens if sims bought a car they will still be able to use it?

There are a few TS3 worlds that I know of that have no roads:

1) Ziwa Bonde - an African TS3 world

2) Mermaidia - a mermaid TS3 world

3) Suvadiva - a small island resort

4) Cruise Ship

Your sims can own cars of course but if the world they live in has no roads, the game won't crash but they won't have any opportunity to use their cars in that world (they can travel to other worlds that have roads and bring their cars along for that). You can ride horses though anywhere in worlds without roads though - also hoverboards. You can also set up subways, LLAMA, Zephyr in those worlds without roads or use other teleporting mechanisms: jetpack, air balloon, ninja power or cheat code.

Omaira wrote: »
    @ClarionOfJoy Hope you are enjoying home again! Despite all that is going around the world it is good to be home!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate home more in light of the current situation!

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

There are a few TS3 worlds that I know of that have no roads:

1) Ziwa Bonde - an African TS3 world

2) Mermaidia - a mermaid TS3 world

3) Suvadiva - a small island resort

4) Cruise Ship

Your sims can own cars of course but if the world they live in has no roads, the game won't crash but they won't have any opportunity to use their cars in that world (they can travel to other worlds that have roads and bring their cars along for that). You can ride horses though anywhere in worlds without roads though - also hoverboards. You can also set up subways, LLAMA, Zephyr in those worlds without roads or use other teleporting mechanisms: jetpack, air balloon, ninja power or cheat code.

Woah Thank you! <3<3
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully in Sims 5 we actually get tools to make the worlds how we want roads, no roads or dirt roads
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Uh, yes, it's possible in TS3 already. Also, dirt roads, two lane black tops (no stripes) cobbled street roads, etc. etc. TS4 has limited so much with lack of being able to build off roads and or designing road types and or moving roads. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.