Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NOOOooooo with NRaas, couple got divorced

Oh no! While "checked in" with NRaas, an unplayed couple got divorced. What setting do I have wrong? I'm going to do all I can to get them remarried (assuming that's possible) but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again. This is Tom and Rita Hanks we're talking about here. That's not acceptable!

Comments

• Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    Did you follow the examples given on the NRaas site regarding caste settings here?

The relevant setting:
    Romance: Allow = False
    They can still have "fun" with their partner, but no new romantic relationships or breakups please.

• Options
    Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    Did you follow the examples given on the NRaas site regarding caste settings here?

The relevant setting:
    Romance: Allow = False
    They can still have "fun" with their partner, but no new romantic relationships or breakups please.

That's exactly how I have it set. And when I went into the family to play it, they were set to Caste:manual value 1
  • Options
    I assume you checked whether it's the right caste and you set the priority high enough that it beats out all others.
    Also, any settings on the lot, on the household and lastly the sim itself will beat caste settings. Did you change anything there?

By the way, to "remarry" the couple, you can just use MC. In "Intermediate", first change the "relationship by type" to "husband" or "wife" (depending who you use the command on), then afterwards the "relationship by value" to whatever you think is appropriate.

Other than that, I don't have any surprises like that in my game, unless I specifically allow for that (I sometimes use the setting that they can divorce but are not allowed to move :lol: ). Not sure whether the celebrity disgrace system can make things go south, as I disabled that after some rather weird effects I experienced, after which the whole family hated each other.
  • Options
  • Options
    An update on this issue. I play rotationally and every single time I come back to this family, this couple's relationship is tanked. Once as soon as I came back to the family, I got a message that it had been rumored that Thomas had cheated on his wife. I play five Sim days per family and I spend my entire time repairing their relationship.

I use the same caste for all of my families. This is the only one it happens to. I suspect it is the celebrity disgrace system since this family has an actor. How do I disable that?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I generally disallow celebrities period using the game options unless I am playing actors, singers or bands.

But, if I want to stop celebrity on an individual sim I click on the sim, nraas>Story Progression>sim options>friendship allow celebrity, false, if it is not already off via main options or a caste. Under that is friendship allow celebrity disgrace change to false.

I also protect any couples I don't want flirting or having affairs by using household or sim options and decrease flirt or affairs chances. That won't stop general orneriness or traits being the reason for divorce though. :grin:
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I generally disallow celebrities period using the game options unless I am playing actors, singers or bands.

Unfortunately this is my actor so I have to allow celebrities.
    But, if I want to stop celebrity on an individual sim I click on the sim, nraas>Story Progression>sim options>friendship allow celebrity, false, if it is not already off via main options or a caste. Under that is friendship allow celebrity disgrace change to false.

When I go to "celebrity disgrace" my only option is to disallow caste and puts a "1" on the value. I don't see an option to put true or false. Also, when I changed the setting and it showed "1", I did it again and it showed -1. What am I missing here?
    I also protect any couples I don't want flirting or having affairs by using household or sim options and decrease flirt or affairs chances. That won't stop general orneriness or traits being the reason for divorce though. :grin:

I'm afraid to try and change anything else until I get the first setting fixed.

@igazor @Turjan Sorry to tag you guys but I'm concerned that I might have tanked my game and/or family trying to make the above change. What say you?
    Post edited by Rhiannon58 on
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Two questions. (1) Is Tom really cheating on his wife and, (2) Have you ever observed them when they are not your active household? It has been my experience you can tell a Sims true intention when they are free to act on their own.

It has also been my experience when two Sims really want to be together there isn't a 'code' which can stop them. The same goes for if two Sims do not want to be together. It may be worth it to sort of 'keep your eye' on their autonomous public actions when they are not your active household. Especially, look out for how they regard and interact with one another when left to their own devices.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @Rhiannon58 Sorry, I didn't get your tag for some reason.
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    When I go to "celebrity disgrace" my only option is to disallow caste and puts a "1" on the value. I don't see an option to put true or false. Also, when I changed the setting and it showed "1", I did it again and it showed -1. What am I missing here?
    The "1" means the number of castes you have disallowed. A "-1" means you didn't remove the first entry you wanted to remove correctly by using "Reset to defaults" and a double "Enter", but closed the window prematurely. Just use the "Reset to defaults" option in the caste menu (right at the top), highlight the option you want to reset and use every "Enter" to the very end to close all dialogs to fix that. By the way, the caste level is not the place I personally would want to change the celebrity disgrace system.

For the relevant commands at the City Hall menu of how to deal with celebrity disgrace system, use the list here. They concern the "General Options" level.
    You can disable false accusations and even celebrity disgrace by type (will also show you a number of how many you disabled if done correctly). You can also do this on a per sim level. None of these options disables the celebrity system per se, so you can still rack up points and advance as normal.

I mostly disabled this, because it's really hard for a sim to keep a positive relationship with their children as a celebrity if the default system is in place.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • Options
    Thank you Turjan. I'm replying to this so I remember to go in and change those settings. I stopped playing TS3 until it was fixed. I was afraid I had trashed my game. I will get to it soon. Thanks for all you (and so many others) do for this community!