Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Humor what happened?

SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
What happened to the humor when making the Sims 4?

Last night I was playing my Sims 3 game and my sim literally passed out from a boring conversation.
mOxm6cR.png
I was laughing so much at this little quirky event that had happened in my game and then it got me wondering why this kind of harmless humor was excluded from the Sims 4? I'm not very experienced with the Sims 3 so it took me by surprise and I loved it.

I would love to see more little things like this in my Sims 4 game as well or if it's to late for the Sims 4 at least consider adding in a little comedy and humor to the Sims 5. These little surprises are what adds character not only to the sims themselves but to the game as a whole.

Just my thoughts.

Comments

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    the sims 4 does have humor as well but i think it's more childish. i really loved the dark & sarcastic humor from the sims 1 but i guess it depends on the different people that gets to develop the sims, everybody has a different sense of humor. anyways i think the game is indeed trying to cater to a younger audience and i hope they stop doing that in the sims 5.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    the sims 4 does have humor as well but i think it's more childish. i really loved the dark & sarcastic humor from the sims 1 but i guess it depends on the different people that gets to develop the sims, everybody has a different sense of humor. anyways i think the game is indeed trying to cater to a younger audience and i hope they stop doing that in the sims 5.

I don't understand it though. It was fine for teens in the past iterations. People are far to easily offended these days and companies are far to eager to pander to it.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    bellagoth_ wrote: »

I don't understand it though. It was fine for teens in the past iterations. People are far to easily offended these days and companies are far to eager to pander to it.

the one's pushing this kind of divisive behavior and encouraging the victim mentality on people is the media & friends, all of this bs benefits them in some way. it's all business really, they don't give a sh#t about us
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I so miss the humor from Sims 2 and 3! It is one of the reasons Sims 4 is so blah to me.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    The Sims 1 humor was superb! The best of them all!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    If that happened in real life people would find it quite rude. :lol:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That's hilarious. These days a boring conversation making someone pass out from boredom might offend somebody. A lot of the team that thought of stuff like that are long gone. It's all about the representation these days. And even that has become a problem by representing some but not others in case it offends the ones they already represent. TS4 is such a joke of a game. It's all about the politics and there is no use in them denying it anymore.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The humor is representative of who they’re targeting with this game, little kids. Adults can read between the lines and have expectations, little kids see something that looks cool and pester their parents until they open their wallets.
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    Renato10 wrote: »
    The Sims 1 humor was superb! The best of them all!

The Sims 1 really helped shape my humor as a kid. :) I'm an American and love all the dry, deadpan, slap-stick humor of the Sims. It was so thorough, too.

As @bellagoth_ said earlier in this thread, it depends on the folks working on the content (unfortunately). I wish they enforced this witty humor, or at least hired better content writers to help strengthen it.
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities