Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 139 - Remote Education

@KitelDesigns
    ffCsrEx.png
    You have done a very nice job of designing your portable unit. The exterior is well done and the awning above the entrance is a nice touch. The landscaping suits the Selvadorada area nicely. The interior has a nice open concept and I like your creativity on the computer stations and storage areas. It was thoughtful to have added multiple laundry units as well. I was very pleased with your picture presentation as you showed the items stored away as well as how they will be placed during use.

Suggestions: I don’t really have a lot of suggestions. The one thing I did notice was that the garbage can in the teacher’s quarters was placed in front of the coffee maker. As well as the placement of the storage for tables and chairs may be a bit inconvenient to bring up and down the stairs. But no big deal, just as long as you don’t ask me to help clean up.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    YaPElJk.jpg
    Your modular container facility looks very nice. The landscaping is nicely done and the different textures on the exterior work great to identify the different units. On the interior your layout has a nice flow about it and it is great that you have added different learning stations. The teachers quarters look comfortable and the industrial kitchen should function very nicely. It was nice to see that you added a lot of clutter details as well.

Suggestions: Although beautiful, I am concerned that you may find that you get leaks in your roof due to the direction of the slope. And I’m not sure if it was intentional but your foundation is different from the rest in one corner.

@hilaritee
    Bb3TdOz.jpg
    Your portable community classroom works very nicely in the eco-friendly neighborhood where you have placed it. The design of the exterior and the property layout work well together. Having the outdoor garden learning area is a good idea as well. In the interior you have done a good job of creating an open concept learning area. Using the bookshelves to separate the study area was a great idea and I especially like your design of the kitchen.

Suggestions: I would have liked to see a few more detail items added to your build, like toilet paper holders and hand towels. It also would have been nice to have a bit of a description by at least some of your pictures. It really helps the judges get an idea of what you were thinking.

@icanhasims
    4DgfsdP.png
    Your Selvadorada International School is nicely done. The landscaping suits it’s surroundings well and It was nice to see that you added outdoor playground equipment for the kids and toddlers. On the interior you have created a nice open concept feeling with even flow between the activity areas and the bathrooms have a great placement. On the second level Your teacher’s suit is beautifully done and the en-suite is very luxurious.

Suggestions: One thing to be aware of is the slope of a roof. Where there is a valley on a roof there are often problems with leaks. Another thing that would have been nice as well is if you had chosen a wall covering with tile for a backsplash in the kitchen area.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is .... @KitelDesigns

WzcVkZR.png

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@icanhassims
    wwSKrsN.jpg
    Your bathroom is stunning. It is practical and luxurious at the same time. The floor length mirror is a great addition to the room and the tub is perfect for the teacher to be able to relax after a long day and enjoy the sights and smells of the beautiful flowers on the wall behind it.

Suggestions: I don’t have many suggestions, just that it might have looked nice to add hand towels and a rug by the sink.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is .... @icanhassims

hUngYP9.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@KitelDesigns
    BLp3YIB.png
    Janet and Nawwaf are a wonderful couple. You have given them a great life story, especially the fact that they get to go back to Nawwaf’s home country to help others. The children that you have created for them to teach are so cute! You have given them each a great personality.

@icanhassims
    ROsQGUv.png
    Maria Sanchez is a very nice-looking teacher. I like your choice of outfits for her and her personality should work very well with teaching. I love that you have given the students uniforms. You have made each child special and have done a great job with all of their outfits.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is .... @icanhassims
    hUngYP9.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    @BuildnShare The pulley/platform near the storage for tables and chairs is designed for them to load the items onto it to help raise and lower it, making it easier to bring things up and down from that storage area
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 140 - A Fresh Start

@icanhasims
    Nci9ySO.png
    Bright New Start looks like a great place to relax! The colors used for the home’s exterior suit the tropical environment in Sulani well. Very creative additions and fixtures in the rooms. I particularly thought that the plants by the bathtub were a creative addition. The interior has a very relaxed feel to it, which Mr. Downey appreciates!

Suggestions: Mr. Downey would’ve wanted to see bigger windows facing the water. I would suggest going for windows that let in a lot of air or bigger glass windows to provide a better view of the sea. The landscaping around the build could also use a bit of terrain paint, particularly around the plants. Lastly, extending the roofing over the windows just slightly could help protect the home from the sun.

@AfterMidnight
    LjrlYMr.png
    This is a wonderful tropical home by the sea! Good choice of lot to build this home. Great use of color throughout the whole build. I like how there is a theme going on here with the consistency of the colors. The balcony area of the home is well thought-out. Overall, this is a very coordinated build that Mr. Downey might like.

Suggestions: While Mr. Downey likes the home, he is a bit concerned about the placement of the hot tub out on the waterfront. A bit more space around the hot tub would probably ease his concerns. Moreover, I think that using L-shaped stairs instead of ladders would be better for Mr. Downey in the long run.

@Clousinators
    EttDSjf.png
    What a lovely little tropical home! I admire the trellis of greenery by the side of the house. Putting a grassy area for the dog to around on deck is a creative idea! Nice use of color coordination throughout the whole home. You made use of wonderful colors throughout the whole build. Great job!

Suggestions: The glass roof over the library seems too much; this can be remedied by adding roofing in segments and placing a skyroof in the center. I particularly recommend this video that has tips about adding skyroofs to a build: https://bit.ly/3bA9PPO. Moreover, I think it would make more sense to place the lounge chairs in the library facing the windows so that Mr. Downey can enjoy the view while reading.

@MapleDarling
    5cyxYWb.png
    First of all, I like your slideshow and descriptions. It was well-written for this tropical home that you made! Great work on using natural wood throughout the whole build. The landscaping outside looks inviting. It was good that you added large windows overlooking the water. Overall, this is a cozy home for Mr. Downey!

Suggestions: Some of the interior choices in the build seem uncoordinated with each other. I would’ve liked to see some consistency in the furniture choices throughout the whole build, like those that would fit in a tropical setting. Also, I think that it wouldn’t make sense to have a fireplace with a chimney for a tropical home. Lastly, it seems odd to put stone on the second floor instead of wood. It would make more sense if the stone was on the first floor, as most tropical homes that use stone are built that way to prevent them from being blown away by hurricanes.

@KitelDesigns
    Oh5jvw9.png
    This build seems to have an industrial feel to it! Having a very high ceiling gives the interior of the home more openness. The interior of the home is well-cluttered, and adding the small vet clinic is a great idea. The home itself reminds me of one of those refurbished warehouses converted for home use. Great job!

Suggestions: Although I admire the use of the high ceiling inside, there is an excess of windows throughout the whole home. A home can still have open-ness and wonderful views without putting windows on the whole exterior. Using a mix of opaque and glass-only exteriors can give a build more sophistication.

@Soloushen
    pi1xv1G.jpg
    What a wonderful and cheery beach home! Great use of bright colors and wood that helps it contrast. The light blue theme is consistent, just like the pristine water outside. It was very thoughtful to add a vestibule for removing shoes; helpful if someone comes in with sand in their slippers! The views provided at the balconies are breathtaking, thanks to the generous veranda space and big windows. Wonderful work!

Suggestions:
    I think this build would look better if the skyroof was somehow incorporated into the first floor roofing instead of being extended to the second floor. Rework the roofing along with the front door area just a little bit and it will look more cohesive.

@Jazmi1396
    sXT1Z4A.png
    This is a wonderful lakeside home! It has a very contemporary feel to it. Wonderful interiors, and I think the bathtub area was a really creative part. I can see some very creative use of the MOO cheat in the build as well. It looks quite detailed even if it was built on a small lot. Great job!

Suggestions: The judges of Build n Share primarily grade your build based on the screenshots in your slideshow, so we would’ve loved to have seen more pictures of your creation. You can take better screenshots in Live Mode, then press the Tab key, move around with the WASD keys, and take screenshots from there! Adding descriptions in your screenshots will also help a lot. Hope to see you in the next challenge!

@PINKUSFAMILY
    sXT1Z4A.png
    I like your reinterpretation of Pier Palace! It certainly has a natural but contemporary appeal to it. Generous use of windows throughout the whole build. The interiors are probably this build’s greatest appeal; I can see some creative use of MOO to create certain objects as well as some wonderful color coordination. The MOO fireplace is probably my favorite. Well done!

Suggestions: While it’s not necessarily a bad thing to have variety, I think it would be better if the rooms had a consistent theme or style throughout the whole build. Other than that, this is a wonderful home.

@RachelShennan
    TeT64C3.png
    What a cheerful-looking build! I like the use of big windows throughout the whole house. Great use of skyroofing to give the interior more light. The interiors are well-coordinated, with a consistent theme seen throughout the whole build. Overall, this home suits the beach house contemporary theme well.

Suggestions: I think that the house could use some extended roofing, just to give the interiors more shade and to prevent the inside from becoming too hot. I’m also not sure if putting a sky roof over an open-air veranda bar is a good idea. Moreover, when taking screenshots, try to avoid zooming out a bit too much.
    3gHHX7s.png

It was a difficult decision, but there were three that really stood out among the rest.

In third place, we have… @RachelShennan
    For second, it is… @Soloushen
    And the winner is… @AfterMidnight

SdgM5F7.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@Wendyology
    MHieZpn.png
    What a cute library with pop art! Nice use of color and natural wood here. It is a wonderful library that appeals to Mr. Downey’s love of animals.

@icanhassims
    FlzbPNF.jpg
    This is a wonderful library for Mr. Downey! Love the use of beachy colors for this one. Great color coordination inside.

And the winner is… @icanhassims
    9tmzSQG.jpg?1

GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 140 - A Fresh Start

@Linzlulubell
    vDH7NPE.png
    You have built Stephan and Nefertari a beautiful home. The landscaping is well done and suits Sulani nicely. The roof looks great and the skylights add a nice touch. The pastel coloring compliments the house well. The layout is creative and flows nicely. You have decorated the interior very well with great use of clutter objects, making this house look like a home.

Suggestions: The loft was a nice open space but that did make the room seem like it had a large empty area in the center. Also, it may have been nice to have added a rug in the 2nd and 3rd floor bathroom.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @Linzlulubell

xF8Wycl.jpg?1

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2020
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results -#BnS 140

@Raynn
    smbEdi7.jpg
    Beautiful job on the exterior, it fits smoothly into the Island style while still havin that touch of modernity. I love how the bright rugs and furnishings provide a contrast to the rich, dark woods used throughout. The large windows save the rooms form being too dark, giving them an open, welcoming feeling and providing a welcome relief from the hot sun outside. Love the sitting area in the bedroom, such a perfect spot for a cozy moment with a significant other or private contemplation of the ocean. All those cheerful yellows in one room are so inviting. Nefertari will feel right at home in her dedicated pet area. That private deck looks like a fun place to hang out.
    Suggestions:
    I would have liked to see mere exterior views from all sides, as well as more views of the interior. The details of the kitchen are hard to make out from one view. Also, captions on each photo would have been helpful. I think the central roof section would have looked better if it were lower, eliminating that bar where it’s clear the roof is more than one floor high.

@MaryKup☆
    ZueGfob.png
    What a stunning build! Love the terrace over the back deck and the solar panel on the roof. That vertical planter fits in perfectly! I like the warm neutrals with splashes of orange, green and black you used in the living room. What a lovely spot to eat by those big windows overlooking the ocean. The kitchen looks just the right size for either a single person or a family, and the counter devoted to dog treats is the perfect touch. Lovely use of color in the master bedroom. The library/game area looks like a lot of fun! Great idea to include a dog bed in there. The guest bedroom looks warm and relaxing. Aww, thanks for showing Stephen and Nefartari enjoying their home.

Suggestions: The roof decoration with the weathervane seems a little out of place, as if it had been added later as an afterthought. Could you maybe have chosen a different color swatch so it blended in better?

@LisaMarie3003☆
    xRv3wW4.jpg
    This is a very nice build, great choice of colors. I especially love the landscaping, it turns the yard into a small, private oasis. I wouldn’t have thought an industrial look and feel would have worked so well in an island setting, but you’ve pulled it off. I like how you used different wall textures to indicate different areas. The master bedroom looks comfortable, the planter is a nice spot of color. Nice little private deck, i bet that hot tub gets lots of use.

Suggestions: Labeling the screenshots would have helped identify each room. Your slideshow is also missing top down views, which make it easier to see the layout. I would have liked to see some decor such as a mask or curtains that tied the build to its location. Please consider using debug lights just to brighten your screenshots up a little.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @MaryKup
    8cJ6UeE.png?1
    3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    Thank you so much :) We have 2 dogs and a space on the counter for all their "Stuff" my sister in law calls it doggie central.
    edited October 2020
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out #BnS 141

@tunafishfish
    pRpqgDV.png
    What a cute, cozy little house! It looks snug but comfy inside, perfect for two sims. Good choice of colors in the living area. Cute kids’ bedroom, it’s a sports lover’s dream. Mom’s room looks like a nice retreat with the workspace to get some work done at.
    Suggestions:
    According to the gallery, the cost of your build is actually 33,920. This, added to your build cost of 1,500, puts you over budget (33,920+1,500 = 35420). I would have liked to see more landscaping along the street side of the house. With the use of debug plants, this wouldn’t have stretched your budget. A cheaper computer would also have helped you stay under budget and may have allowed you to put another picture in mom’s room. Could you have included something in the backyard for a little boy to play with? It seems a bit under utilized. We like to see screenshots of all rooms, including the bathroom.

@Nali272☆
    SvurtMc.jpg
    You built a cute cottage, love how you used a contrasting color on one of the roof sections. Unfortunately, it looks like most of your slideshow is missing, so your entry is unable to be judged. Sorry.
    Suggestions:

@Raynn☆
    cJzEYW0.png
    I love the unique shape of this house. The open floor plan of the main level is laid out so cleverly, it gives the illusion of more space than there actually is. The living area looks so inviting, great choice of colors. Good job giving them so much to do in such a small space. The kid’s room is thoughtfully decorated, great idea to have under the bed storage. Nice idea to give Mom a Murphy bed so she can have a quiet private space during the day. The terrain paint i the backyard gives it a nicely used look.
    Suggestions:
    Usually, roof edging matches the window trim or the color of the roof. The white you chose really stands out against the rest of the house. I would have liked to see more artwork on the walls. Cheaper counters and the use of debug plants might hae left you enough in the budget to do this.

@tatselk☆
    Rd4WV5a.jpg
    I like the backstory behind your choice of furnishings, you’re exactly right, a start-up tiny community might rely on flea market finds and similar.
    The house itself is very nice, I like how you modernized it while letting it fit into the neighborhood. Nice calming color scheme. Mom’s bedroom looks comfy. Great job with the boy’s room, it has everything he’ll need in a tiny, cozy space!
    y.Suggestions: A few carpets, even just carpet floor tiles would have helped break up the living area into smaller, distinct spaces. A plant or picture or other wall decor would have helped the entry seem less empty. The bedrooms could also use a carpet and something on the walls.

lb]@xXQueenBeeXx☆ [/b]
    H3XFKxh.png
    I love how you made this house seem bigger on the outside than it is on the inside. It’s a very nice tiny Craftsman style home. Nice little seating area on the porch. The carpet in the entryway fits the style of the home perfectly. Love the dining table under that big window so the family can enjoy the view while they eat. The plants in the backyard are so pretty. The kid’s room is adorable. I wouldn’t have thought to use yellow and green for a boy, but who’s to say there’s not a boy out there who would like that combination and even the curtained bed?
    Suggestions:
    Please try to take exterior screenshots in afternoon lighting so we can see the details more easily, especially the landscaping. Captions with your presentation would be helpful. You can use MCCC to cheat world time by clicking on the mailbox. Tip: To get screenshots with the exterior roof showing or ceilings inside, push the Up arrow in love mode then switch to camera mode and use the keyboard to get the camera to the right height. That entryway looks very narrow, have you playtested this build? I would have liked to see some sort of window coverings for privacy, which you could have afforded with cheaper kitchen counters, range hood and kid’s bed, for example.

@MaryKup☆
    crxQa31.png
    This is a lovely tiny modern house. I like the colors you chose. The backyard looks inviting and relaxing, great job. The interior is so bright and cheerful compared to the calmer exterior, it’s a nice contrast. It’s a cozy space, but still with room for a couple of guests to join the family. Nice idea to sue the dresser as a side table in the living area. The kid’s room looks like a bright, cheerful space, which will make it feel larger than it is.
    Suggestions: You can use the Q key to lower the camera angle and get better screenshots > The kitchen needs a contrasting backsplash, but other than that, I don’t see much that needs improving.

@SarahTheRed☆
    dfXOAz7.jpg
    Love your backstory and inspiration for the house. It is definitely very green and very beautiful. The entryway has a bit of a fairytale cottage look, which definitely fits Valeria and Mateo. The backyard looks like a lot of fun, especially the sandbox. The small but functional kitchen fits perfectly in its spot. That rocking chair and light by the fireplace make the perfect workspace. The bathroom tile is so pretty. Nice job giving the house a lived in feel, with just enough clutter but not too much. I really love Mom’s room, the colors and patterns are so perfect together and it’s easy to see how it would convert into a comfortable workspace.
    Suggestions: According to the gallery, your build cost is actually 34,893. Unfortunately, this puts you over budget (34,893+2,000 = 36,893). Debug plants and cheaper cabinets are two ways you might have voided going over without losing anything from the build. I would have liked to see some window covers in the bedrooms, at least. Captioning each screenshot is also encouraged.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @MaryKup
    Honorable Mention goes to @SarahTheRed
    8cJ6UeE.png?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@SarahTheRed
    [img][/img]i7a6SQD.jpg
    Valeria and Mateo are such beautiful sims! Valeria’s outfits look very comfortable. I especially love her formal outfit with her flower tattoo proudly displayed. Mateo’s curls and glasses are so adorable. He looks ready to have fun in most of his outfits.The patched jeans and overalls are so appropriate. Willow is so cute, he melts my heart. I love that you gave them a kitten and included the detail of how he was named. For future reference, we like to know the sim’s traits too.
    And the winner is… @SarahTheRed
    wvPVlNz.png

Congratulations, @MaryKup, the judges have decied you're ready to be promoted to Established!
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Congrats on the wins @MaryKup & @SarahTheRed ! Lovely creations!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Woah, some great builds here congrats @MaryKup and @SarahTheRed 👏🏻
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 141 - A Small Family In Need

@AIRIS6962
    3SOP3ct.png
    You have designed a wonderful small home for the family in need. The landscaping is well done and the pergola in the backyard is a nice touch. It is nice to see that you have added many skill building items for the family to enjoy. The interior has a nice flow and you have made the living area appear quite large with the way you have arranged the furniture. By using soft colors, you have given this home a very warm and welcoming feel. It is great that you have even found room for laundry facilities. You have added many creative touches to this build, I found the fireplace to be especially nice. Well done!

Suggestions: It would have been nice to see more use of the terrain paint around the plants and the base of the house. This can really add another dimension to your build.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AIRIS6962

mtft4ie.jpg?1

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

YAY Congrats to myself! LOL
    Thank you very much for this lovely and funny challenge @BuildnShare and for your feedback. Very appreciated <3
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,818 Member
    @AIRIS6962 congrats!! That's awesome
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @AIRIS6962 - huge congrats, that's awesome dear one!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram

@Simming_Spoonie , Thank you very much, dear Faith! <3
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Congrats @AIRIS6962 Very cute little home! ♥

Thank you very much, dear @Taoron <3
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 142 - Fall Designer Showdown

@AlJay
    5NybA8g.png
    The Fall Family Log Home is a very impressive cabin style build aptly situated in forest surroundings. The autumnal theme is very fitting for this challenge and the orange theme you have chosen reflects this beautiful season. You have made excellent use of all the land by creating winding paths and driveways leading to the various outdoor activities which you have chosen well to reflect the style of the home. The gazebo makes a good home for the hot tub, the gardening plot is wonderful and I love the hot spring swimming pond, very gorgeous. Going indoors it’s lovely to see the open plan concept of the living areas with the beams, these areas are perfectly divided by columns and spandrels. The sun room is my favourite and I can actually feel the sunny warmth here together with peace and tranquility. You have used ‘moo’ just the right amount to place décor and clutter without it being overbearing. The childrens rooms cater for different personalities and provide plenty of activities. I really like the introduction of purple in the master bedroom, this tones down and neutralizes the orange.

Suggestions: Looking at the façade I feel it is a little too orangey with lots of blending going on and I think it would benefit from more contrast, ie black or white window frames and doors, in order to add more interest. I also felt this in the kitchen, maybe different coloured counters such as grey, would make the room stand out more.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @AlJay

Jt0kRGo.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out - BnS 142 - Fall Designer Showdown

@djsdragongirl
    1Z3jJVV.jpg
    You have done an excellent job of the layout of this home, giving each room its own unique touch and adding so many nice clutter items to make the home look cozy and lived in. The blue color works well throughout the home and it is nice to see that you have given the sims many skill building and activity items to enjoy. The design of your pool is very creative and you have made good use of the terrain paint. The landscaping is well done and the glass roof covering on the decks is a nice touch.

Suggestions: One thing I would suggest is to make your flooring more consistent throughout the house. Also, it would be nice to see a few close-up pictures of each room. It makes it easier for the judges to see the details of your entry. You can find “Screenshots: Tips and Tricks” on Build-N-Share’s first page if you need help with this.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @djsdragongirl

QTCZXPP.jpg?1

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 140 - A Fresh Start

@AlJay
    xDmHZJL.png
    I love the island feel of the lot and the design that reflects the ocean-side location! The rich color palate combined with tropical furniture and artwork feel very on target with the description of Mr. Downey. (Btw… screenshot with dolphin = awesome ‘catch’!). The multiple decks over the water are nicely appropriate for the location you chose.

Suggestions: Adding a chimney (even the tiny one for exhaust) and perhaps a bit more in the way of roof decorations would have been nice. Personally, I would have preferred a different dimension for the half bath since you had space for it – or perhaps eliminating it.
    3gHHX7s.png

@pronterus
    7DSqnws.png
    I love the interpretation of the ‘waterside/beach’ home being Japanese/Filipino in aesthetic while still embracing the colors, natural wood, and nautical theme of the challenge!
    The kitchen is clean yet nautical in feel and functionality, and is beautifully combined with the dining area. The bookcase nook areas surrounding the library door are unique and interesting. Your 4-part dressing room/bathroom suite is nicely done. I see many details in the build that reflect the culture per your targeted goal.

Suggestions: Though I thought the deck flooring was unique and interesting, I would have liked it more with a less stark contrast in the pattern or with additional pattern sections or accents to the pattern. A bit softer transition on the dirt areas under the plants would be nice. Many of your wall pattern mixtures within rooms were wonderful, but there were a few that did not seem to work as well together.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is…. @pronterus
    SeXP4Jo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Congratulations @pronterus ! Your house is beautiful!
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out - BnS 143 - Bed and Breakfast

@AGamerzzGirl
    AAIIbrX.png
    Your bed and breakfast is a beautiful Colonial style home. The large property is sure to give the guests ample room to enjoy the outdoors as well as all the activities provided. Having the guest houses at the back of the property will give them a nice sense of privacy. The home has an open concept feel as you enter and it seems to have a nice flow form one room to the next. It is great that you have made each bedroom beautiful and unique and it was nice to see that you even thought to add a potty chair in the bathroom.
    Suggestions: Some of the shared living areas seemed a bit empty. You had room in your budget, so I would have suggested adding some plants or more furniture or rugs to fill the bare spaces. Also, I noticed that your stairs needed railing. That is something that can be easy to forget.

@tatselk
    4wIwt3I.jpg
    Your Plantation is a stunning Colonial home. The wrap around deck with pillars, dormers and the sky light add so much to the exterior of this home. Your landscaping is beautifully done especially with the formal garden area in the center of the back yard. The layout of your home is very practical and should function nicely. The guest rooms are decorated nicely and will work well to fit different sims needs. The guest houses are a nice size and would be very comfortable for sims who wish to have a longer stay. The secondary house is an excellent addition to the property and it is great that you have given the family their own entire living space on the third floor.
    Suggestions: Overall your home was lovely! One thing that would have looked nice, would have been to add more upper cabinetry in the shared kitchen and possibly a wall covering that would look like a backsplash.

@Nali272
    t0Hyfa7.png
    You have built a beautiful Colonial Bed & Breakfast. The covered entry looks very grand and it is nice to see that you have added a sign as well as parking for the guests. The lawn looks perfectly manicured and the guests will be sure to enjoy their time by the pool. Your themed guest houses look very luxurious. The reception area of the home is a great way to greet your guests and the large island in the kitchen should be able to accommodate people nicely. You have added many nice spaces in the home for activities and entertainment.
    Suggestions: A patio to surround your pool would have been a great feature. Some curtains in your guest rooms would have been nice to see as well. Just for future reference; it is always helpful for the judges when you have a description to go along with the pictures in your slideshow, it helps us to know what you were thinking.

@LizzyC383
    Fpk7g47.png
    Your bed and breakfast is a beautiful traditional Colonial style! The dormers, shuttered windows and brick exterior all work together so well. The interior of the home has a nice design, especially the layout to the guest rooms. You have given them so much space and even have a tub and a shower in each bathroom. It was nice to see and abundance of fireplaces throughout the home. It gives this house a very warm and inviting feel, especially with the rich dark wood floors and wall paneling.
    Suggestions: It would have looked very nice if you would have added a few curtains throughout the house, even if just in the guestrooms. One other thing I noticed was that you placed your showers on the upper levels in front of a window. You had a wonderful bathroom space; I would have recommended trying a different layout.

@IllusoryThrall
    ymhzWiA.jpg
    Honeymoon in Paradise is a beautiful tropical bed and Breakfast for Sulani. You have been very creative in in your design and have really given this home a beachy vibe. The layout of this home flows very nicely. I like the reception area; it is very welcoming. The guest rooms each have their own personality and are decorated well, as well as the honeymoon house and family cabin. Each look like their own private home. The decks in this build were such a nice feature, giving the guests so much more private space to enjoy. You have added so many nice little clutter details to really make this B&B look lived in.
    Suggestions: I really don’t have many suggestions except to say that I would recommend not placing a rug under a stationary object such as a post or a tub and maybe adding some curtains in the bedrooms.

@sarabeth2984
    3YhfWwB.png
    Your Inn looks wonderful! You have definitely given this B&B a New Orleans look. You have done a great job with the landscaping, even adding a garden area and a pond with gazebo. The exterior of this home is stunning! The deck is very well done. The trailer for the staff and the yoga studio are a nice addition as well. The interior of your home is beautifully decorated and has many different things that the guests will be able to entertain themselves with. Each guest room is well done and unique. Also, great use of the platform tool within your build.
    Suggestions: One thing that would have made you build look even better would have been to use the terrain paint around the base of your cabins and outdoor chairs. It just gives it a more realistic look. Also, one thing that was missing from your slideshow was an overhead view of each floor. It really helps the judges get a better picture of the layout of the home and see things that the other pictures may have missed.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @IllusoryThrall
    2nd Place goes to .... @tatselk
    H8frDKi.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@tatselk
    ljmmSXK.jpg
    Noah and Viviana look lovely together! The outfits that you have chosen for them suit them quite well. It is great that you have given Viviana the option to work from home and Noah’s personality should work very well with running a B&B. It was nice to see them enjoying their new home.

@IllusoryThrall
    7YMD4Xz.jpg
    Noah and Viviana are a very nice-looking young couple! The outfits that you have given the couple look great! They have a comfortable, yet professional style. Their personality traits should work very nicely for running their Bed & Breakfast.

@sarabeth2984
    hssObFT.jpg
    Noah and Viviana seem perfect for each other! It is so nice that you have given the history of how the couple met. Their skills and interests should really add something special for the guests when they come to stay at the B&B. Your outfits for each character are well chosen and it is great that you have created the staff and children as well.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @sarabeth2984
    OWJx6ff.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@sarabeth2984
    T9JaIYM.jpg
    Camping Getaway has a very nice warm and cozy cabin feel. It appears that you have given the guests all the amenities that they should need, even adding a large tub for them to enjoy! It is nice that you have added a heater to the room for those cold nights and the guests are sure to enjoy the view from the large windows. Well done!
    Suggestions: Personal preference here, but I would have turned the rug under the bed the other direction so it covers more of the walking area. Also, for the judges to get a better feel for the room it is always nice to add an overhead picture of the room to your entry.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is .... @ sarabeth2984

OWJx6ff.jpg?1
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    congrats @IllusoryThrall and @tatselk !!! :)

I'm just sitting here patiently waiting for the results for #141 still.....
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    @Clousinators Thank you! I was really surprised to get second place with so many beautiful build entries in this round. Now to aim for first place! ;)
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results - BnS 143 - Bed and Breakfast

@AlJay
    jCKZFzi.png
    Luxury Bed & Breakfast describes this beautiful Guest House perfectly, total comfort and luxury throughout. The Colonial style is neat and formal with an absolutely gorgeous façade, the contrasting textures and fenestration really make this place stand out. Your attention to detail is incredible, there’s even a sign at the front! Wonderful communal space at the back, nice and private with the high fencing. Guests will enjoy relaxing by the pool or playing chess and I love the snack bar, it’s spot on. It was a total pleasure touring the interiors which are very stately yet cosy and all immaculately furnished and decorated. I also like the different types of dining rooms, the informal breakfast room provides such a different atmosphere to the formal dining room. The basement was a wonderful surprise and there are many activities to be found here. The bar is chic and stylish and the cinema is a fantastic design, love the floor lighting, very realistic. I had to look twice at the gym to see you’d enlarged the pink ball, what a great idea! All of the suites are lovely and I really liked the landmark names you’d given them, this adds character and personality. You really have thought of everything with this fantastic build!

Suggestions: I was a little concerned by the columns not being flush with the roofing in the back yard, maybe pull the roof out a bit more so it covers the columns. Regarding the layout, I’m not sure about moving through rooms to get to other rooms. I think I would have preferred corridors so as not to disturb guests.
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is…. @AlJay

Jt0kRGo.png
    3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top