Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This new EP should have been Generations, and SE should have been a GP.

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I'm just feeling that Lifestyles and Sentiments are a bigger deal than the Snowy Escape vacation theme.
In addition to that, I am feeling that it would have been better suited for an Expansion Pack aimed at overhauling the game.

That Expansion Pack could have been Generations, with the goals of overhauling:
-Teens (to distinguish them more from young adults)
-Elders (more to do)
-Babies (no longer objects)
-Toddlers/Young Adults/Adults (Minor tweaking)
-Traits (to make them evident and matter more)
-Whims (that feel more like they come from your sim instead of the game suggesting things to do)
-Attraction system that makes sense for the different age stages.
-Socialization between sims with compatible and incompatible traits (Like TS2 and TS3)
-And the Lifestyles and Sentiments mechanic (with a cradle to grave generational aspect)

We have what we have though.
Perhaps there could be a Generations EP that does this next year. :)
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We are never getting a generations pack in S4. It will be separated out into other packs, Parenthood being the first.

And with the size of the world and the programing for the mountain sports and the new Lifestyles and Sentiments, it could never fit in a GP.

This is what we're getting and I'm not bothered.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We are never getting a generations pack in S4. It will be separated out into other packs, Parenthood being the first.

And with the size of the world and the programing for the mountain sports and the new Lifestyles and Sentiments, it could never fit in a GP.

Never say never with The Sims. :D
    I don't understand what you are saying with the bold part.
    I am not saying all that should be in a GP. Snowy Escape without Life Style and Sentiments is basically on the level of Jungle Adventures, a GP. Lifestyles and Sentiments had better be really deep to merit this pack being considered an expansion.

Life Style and Sentiments should have been used for a pack that could better address a lot of the changes simmers would like to see. This thread isn't about what EA will do anyway. It's about what they should do. Personally I wouldn't be considering reinstalling Sims 4 if Lifestyles and Sentiments were not a part of Snowy Escape. My first thought was, that's nice, but I am not reinstalling the game for it.

Its still wait and see for me until I know more about Lifestyles and sentiments.
    Breaking all that up all through many packs is only going to make more simmers give up on it, as I already have by uninstalling the game. I can only take so much milking.

So now they are throwing me a cookie. It had better be a very tasty cookie to go with the milk.

• Options
    I though they told us they would not be making another generations pack but will be spreading the love around into other packs. I could be mis-remembering tho"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I'm just feeling that Lifestyles and Sentiments are a bigger deal than the Snowy Escape vacation theme.
    In addition to that, I am feeling that it would have been better suited for an Expansion Pack aimed at overhauling the game.

-Elders (more to do)
    -Whims (that feel more like they come from your sim instead of the game suggesting things to do)
    -Socialization between sims with compatible and incompatible traits (Like TS2 and TS3)
    -And the Lifestyles and Sentiments mechanic (with a cradle to grave generational aspect)

Snow Escape came first because it's a winter pack.
  • Options
    I though they told us they would not be making another generations pack but will be spreading the love around into other packs. I could be mis-remembering tho"

:p EA could never get jealousy right in TS4.
    Spread the love around and everyone will be annoyed by it for a day, it if at all.
  • Options
    Too true. They are a sneaky bunch.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I agree, a Generations pack should have came first since the game really does need an overhaul however; winter is coming up so this pack seems a bit reasonable for the upcoming winter solstice.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think people would be upset and feel all the above "should" be patched in. Just my observation....
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I feel that Lifestyles and Sentiments are the new NAPs. I know that everybody wants "better personalities", but in fact if you own all packs there are already way too many mechanisms that determine automatic behaviour (emotions, clubs, occult and celebrity perks, education traits, NAPs) - and mostly in a repetitive or even insane way like "bags on your heads". Let our Sims in peace and give them more things to do, with more animations!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Nothing is ever certain when it comes to The Sims. That is the one thing they have always kept on saying about The Sims over the years.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member

-Elders (more to do)

Yes yes and YES! If a Generations pack comes with all this then I will be content.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I think SimguruNinja confirmed that Parenthood is it's own thing and doesn't exclude the possibility of a Generations EP. I think we're gonna get it eventually because so many players are asking for it. But yeah, it does feel weird that playground objects were already added in Toddler Stuff, parenting was already added in Parenthood, et cetera. Let's hope that at least cleared the way for the features you mention.

I remember them asking us about possible personality features in a recent survey, and one of the options was 'life pains and growth' or something. I guess if that theme came out on top they probably paired it with either the high school theme or a generations theme for a future pack?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think people would be upset and feel all the above "should" be patched in. Just my observation....

I think the issue is a little more nuanced than that.

Shoehorning a potential "personality overhaul" in a pack about Snow doesn't make sense. What if some players don't want snow activities, yet they're forced to pay $40 for a small part of the pack about personalities? Same if they added the Fear emotion to a pack about Disco. It would be unfair to players who don't like Disco but still want the Fear emotion.

A full fledged $40 Generations pack about personalities, relationships and family play makes more sense. At least you know that the WHOLE pack will be something you want, not just one random thing thrown in. And it would sell better.

Also, the base game is woefully lacking in the personalities department, so they should be patching in lots of content to make this better. There are certain things that should just be free.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I bet the Lifestyles and Sentiments + snowy sports together wouldn't fit a game pack. I don't know if its enoug hfor an expansion pack, tho. Just playing to know.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I hear what all of you are saying. Me? I'm just happy that finally they are offering something I am interested in. I skipped EL and JTB. That's two in a row.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't care for generations, it was the only pack I didn't buy in 3 but I agree. Snowy Escape should've been a GP and generations would've made much more sense as an EP.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2020
    I hear what all of you are saying. Me? I'm just happy that finally they are offering something I am interested in. I skipped EL and JTB. That's two in a row.

I agree. All the packs so far this year have all ranged from mediocre to downright dumb in my honest opinion, so Im incredibly excited for this EP. So much so that if I like what I see for the livestream, I might just take the day off work just to play. If it were a Generations EP, I honestly dont see myself getting all that thrilled for it, especially after a year of lackluster packs.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Lifestyles and Sentiments is by far what i'm more interested in. I hope they explain it better in the lifestream. The second thing i'm interested is the vacation homes. Will they be upgraded so that sims can have one in any destination world? That'ld be awesome! That's a good way to rich sims spend their simoleons... the sanctuary is also something i'm a bit interested... pardon my ignorance, but is this some kind of approach to spirituality/religion? That would be an interesting concept to add to my communities. The snowy part, althought nice, is actually the part i'm less interested.

So i partially agree with op but not entirelly...
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member

Never say never with The Sims. :D

That's how I feel.