Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking family photos..

I’m trying to get some family photos of my current household to display around the home.

I’m aware I can use the tripod and camera which came with the moschino pack to take photos of up to 3 sims however how do you guys take photos?

Say for instance, I use custom poses which is the best way to take the photos of my family as I want everyone involved in the photograph?

Is there a way in which you could add a sim to the household just to take the photo and then remove them? Or do you need to do that via manage households etc..

If you do use custom poses what is your workaround for this?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    I do think custom poses are the way to go. I always use a third-party programme like Snipping Tool or more recently Reshade.

I have a mod called Control Any Sim and you can easily control sims via the Actions menu when you click on them and uncontrol them again as well. They won't get removed from their household, you just control them from yours. It's very easy!
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    A friend of mine made photos into cc for me using the Dine Out collage. The photos in the frame were actually in-game pics I took for my Legacy Facebook page.

This collage is bittersweet as my founders and their daughter-in-law have passed from old age. Ben got to watch his two oldest grandchildren marry and all three of the kids in the biggest picture have two kids each. Ben's daughter Hadley(redheaded child in the green hat) is going to become an elder soon and her husband is an elder already.
    50317335616_b15383591c_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Here's a better look at the family photo :'(
    50291467736_62fe3dda95_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited October 2020
    I tend to use poses and just temporarily add a sim to my household to take pictures.
    There may be other ways to do it, but this works for me.

Here are some examples:
    6eaa6b833e357022250cf8ca605073489191cccb.jpg
    0ba1b4f6a471329e00ffb0c40a671beb5cf39667.jpg
    ca16a659b36e8b811b6287d5e77262d41bf35a60.jpg
    46be47f7ae315e5b319f4ccba21c7fdece81d341.jpg

And one from my plantsim family:
    tumblr_px575hbLmU1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    As you can see, it's the same pose - I find it incredibly hard to find family poses that isn't two parents with one kid and one toddler, or two kids or two toddlers. Family poses with teens appear to be non-existent too.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’ve been considering giving the poses a try. They look a bit intimidating to use though.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I’ve been considering giving the poses a try. They look a bit intimidating to use though.

I thought so too but it's actually very easy! The only annoying thing is that you have to be pretty sure who you want to use in a picture before you start posing them because if you add someone later everyone jumps and you can start over again.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

I thought so too but it's actually very easy! The only annoying thing is that you have to be pretty sure who you want to use in a picture before you start posing them because if you add someone later everyone jumps and you can start over again.

Thank you. I will give it a try. I love how people make the family photos to decorate homes.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I normally don't use the tripod. I generally use poses and take a pic and mod them into my game. The other work around I also usually do is have my artistic sims paint photos of each family member or have them pose together and do a family portrait whipping the camera around to them all.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I use a modded family portrait. It was released by EA when the sims mobile was launched I think, but I didnt get that. So someone took the original and made it so we can all use it. Highly recommend! It changes the picture with your family, and you can change poses a bit and change outfit options. I normally get my sim to take a photo of the portrait, so then I can put that one up on the wall forever :smile:

https://sims4studio.com/thread/13125/family-portrait-simpler-frame