Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'd love if they were updated to put fish in though. Or sharks.
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

Are you hoping for a bit of danger in a serene setting?

First there's @LiELF talking about sims being boiled alive in the hot springs, now they're getting bitten in half when fishing for koi 😆

Get Famous came with the Luminary's Exotic Water Garden, a pond object that you could place on your lot and stock with Koi, Sprites, Piranha or sharks. Your sim can watch them, play with them, feed them or jump in and swim with them. But, when standing on the side, there is a possibility that your sim could fall in and be eaten. I love that pond almost as much as I love my sims woohooing in the walk-in money vault.

Wow, I have that pack and didn't even know that. I need to seek it out and plop it down in many places!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    DrGluon is so refreshing. This is the 2nd time he's done a Sims 4 reaction video. I just love the way he enjoys playing the Sims 4 and his excitement for the game. I'm so putting that bunny hat on one of my kids. All the radiator post had me cracking up hard. lol

DrGluon thoroughly enjoying the trailer.
    DrGluon.jpg

I've promised myself not to get involved with CC until the game is no longer being constantly updated -- but if someone makes an adult version of that hat I may have to eat my words. :D (Edited because of the humorless censor.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    The only thing I feel disappointed about is the lack of hotels in what seems to be a vacation themed expansion pack... otherwise, yes, I'm excited for all the snow activities, along with the Japanese inspired culture and cuisine content.

Honestly, am I the only one who's super excited about vending machines!? I know it's such a small piece of content, but I feel like I'm more excited for them than anything else!

However, after the recent confirmed change in the bowing and worshiping, I'm a bit concerned with the cultural themes.

Depending on content, I'll be adding those on the DU campuses, as well as in all my other worlds. I use the "vending" refrigerator from GTW everywhere I can, just because it's cheaper than having a Sim grill a plate of burgers that end up going to waste. I'm interested to see what they actually sell. Maybe hot tea for those cold ski sessions?
    edited October 2020
    Deleted since @simgirl1010 beat me to the teaser trailer. :|
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It still smacks of "vacation world" to me. Like how a rich family may have a holiday home they retreat to.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    It still smacks of "vacation world" to me. Like how a rich family may have a holiday home they retreat to.
    Is that a bad thing?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    Deleted since @simgirl1010 beat me to the teaser trailer. :|

😄 @stilljustme2 you can keep an eye out for tomorrow's gameplay trailer.
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

First there's @LiELF talking about sims being boiled alive in the hot springs, now they're getting bitten in half when fishing for koi 😆

Get Famous came with the Luminary's Exotic Water Garden, a pond object that you could place on your lot and stock with Koi, Sprites, Piranha or sharks. Your sim can watch them, play with them, feed them or jump in and swim with them. But, when standing on the side, there is a possibility that your sim could fall in and be eaten. I love that pond almost as much as I love my sims woohooing in the walk-in money vault.

Wow, I have that pack and didn't even know that. I need to seek it out and plop it down in many places!

I knew about it but have just never used it. Yesterday I started going through the entire catalog to make note of stuff I've never used.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

Get Famous has a lot of fun objects that I use in rich sims houses like the pond and vault and the space bed thingy and the make-up chair and the wardrode styling platform among other things.

It IS a vacation world based on snow sports, but your sims can live there. Vacation world, residential world, it's the best of both worlds.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

I knew about it but have just never used it. Yesterday I started going through the entire catalog to make note of stuff I've never used.

Just curious, how much of "never used" you found? :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm so excited for this pack! I can't wait until the live stream on Friday! (well Saturday for Aussie simmers)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yay, Positively....

I'm liking what I've seen so far and actually want to see more. This might be the first pack I pre-order or buy same day as release since Get Together came out.

The winter games or winter sports look awesome. I also heard that they are doing rental lots so if that's true I really like that feature.
    WbUrFQm.png
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

So far from the Skills and Activities Category:
    Luminary's Exotic Water Garden, The Flower Arranging Table, Robotics Workstation, The Street Store and Entrepreneur's Table, Pumpkin Carving Station, Woodworking Table, Beach Towel, Patchy, Backyard Observatory, Scouting Badge Board, Violin, Center Stage Performance Space, DJ Booth, Mix Master Music Station, Celestial Crystal Crown, Styling Station, Stage Effects Control Desk, Outrigger Canoe, Aqua Zip, Vertical Garden, Dew Collector, Power Generator, Water Generator, Drone, Video Station
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

Luminary's Exotic Water Garden, The Flower Arranging Table, Robotics Workstation, The Street Store and Entrepreneur's Table, Pumpkin Carving Station, Woodworking Table, Beach Towel, Patchy, Backyard Observatory, Scouting Badge Board, Violin, Center Stage Performance Space, DJ Booth, Mix Master Music Station, Celestial Crystal Crown, Styling Station, Stage Effects Control Desk, Outrigger Canoe, Aqua Zip, Vertical Garden, Dew Collector, Power Generator, Water Generator, Drone, Video Station

You haven't used any of those, ever? Oh, sweetie.
  • blur0seblur0se Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2020

Ooh now I want to do a challenge that incorporates every regular non-decor Build/Buy item (maybe include debug for hard mode).

To stay on topic though, I'm really excited for what looks like an izakaya (small Japanese bar/grill) and children sledding! Also curious to know more about the ice sculptures/building.
  • waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    I love how they put tissue boxes everywhere as clutter. It really feels like Japan. XD
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

What can I say? I'm a slow player. :p I only play one household so it takes me a while to get to things.
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

What can I say? I'm a slow player. :p I only play one household so it takes me a while to get to things.

Fair enough.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited October 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does it appear that we MIGHT be getting a pond tool?

it just looks like the ones people build with the fountain tool to me! and the rocks are definitely the base-game ones.

Those circles in the sand make me wonder if we are getting a proper stone garden and will be able to rake the pebbles.

I've been also wondering if we're getting a real stone garden, but now looking at the trailer image it seems like something we can already build with the fences and sand terrain. Only difference I can spot are the circles in the sand. I'm 50/50 about this.
    looks like we're gong to have options to keep them doors open or close.

Why do they always make wall lights so ginormous? Look at the size of that thing next to the sim's head!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

Wait what?!!!! I had get famous since it came out and never knew this!!!😆😱😱😱
    Guess my sims now have a new hobby🙊 thanks!!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited October 2020
    looks like we're gong to have options to keep them doors open or close.

Why do they always make wall lights so ginormous? Look at the size of that thing next to the sim's head!

I just want to know why that's a trend in general, especially with Ts4, like everything is five times the size it realistically needs to be, like wth? xD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Does anyone knows if a gameplay trailer will be released today?
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Does anyone knows if a gameplay trailer will be released today?

There *might* be one in about 3 and a half hours
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Is that a bad thing?

@elanorbreton I'm just thinking of how often I use the vacation world in Outdoor Retreat (like, never). Mind you, I bought Discover University on release day and, to date, have sent just one sim to university. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top