Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If the sims 5 is released, what new career options would you like to see?

I would like to see aviation, travel, catering, childcare (can be employed at a school, daycare, or self-employed), veterinary, nursing, marketing, meteorology, storm chasing, special education (this can even be a special branch of the education career), gifted education (this can also be a special branch of the education career), welding, animal grooming (can be employed either at an animal salon, or self-employed), speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.

I would also like to see self-employment options such as agriculture, horticulture, artist, musician, technical, craftsmanship, design (fashion, interior, set, among others), hunting, nature/wildlife preservation, conservation, etc.

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    Mailman, paperboy for teen and child, gardener, plumber, salesman/woman
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I would really love a modeling active career where my sim can go to photoshoots in various beautiful locations to build up their portfolio, also go to "Go Sees" to audition for runway shows and then do the runway shows they get accepted in. Also go up their career ladder to achieve supermodel status and become spokesperson for a cosmetic and or designer's clothing lines.

Would also love a clothing designer active career where our sims get actually design beautiful clothes where we get to pick patterns for various parts of the clothes, their color and textures for each season. Then our sim designer gets to put together a runway show and pick the clothes designs they've made for the show, pick the models, the theme and background sets, music, lights and the runway itself. Also designers have their own boutiques where people can come in and request specific and unique designs for themselves.

• ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    Butler
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    edited October 2020
    Apart from the usual: lawyer, farmer, psychologist, nurse, priest / spiritual advisor (not necessarily a specific confession - a general Simlish monotheist creed etc.) , regular police career, self-employed (free to chose the title), teacher
    ...and an odd-jobs career and a homeless "career" for added challenges
    Post edited by HannaZoja on
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Slacker active career :lol:
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I am a comic artist... I would LOVE an artist career to have a comics artist/cartoonist branch. And let them draw comics if there is a career for that.

I was SO exited when sims 3 announced comics making and SO dissapointed to see them in the game. They weren't drawing comics, they were writing them on the computer, it was lame. >:)
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sims 3 got the Air Force, Sims 4 got Army. Sims 5 - Anchor's Aweigh, Time for the Navy to shine. Yeah, Marines, you can come along for the ride.
    Screenshot-67.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    More academic options and also more vocational or working class options. At University, a sim could become a prof or a coach and live in the University town. Librarian or archivist-a sim becomes an expert on occult lore or aliens, maybe as a branch of ghost hunter? Archaeologist/anthropologist-for the world traveling sim. Veterinarian but not silly like Sims 4-you go to various houses and care for or train the pets, like Ambitions careers. Nursing in addition to medical as they are so different (skills: charisma, logic, handiness?).

And we need stuff like retail worker (your sim as a service sim?), mechanic, maid, personal assistant to a famous sim, administrative assistant. More part time jobs for teen and up as well-bistro server, pizza delivery, crossing guard or bus driver for those early hours, pet sitter, barista. We don't all need to have full careers with immense wealth at the end of it.
  • SimsLivingUpSimsLivingUp Posts: 5 New Member
    I would like to maximise drama in the sims5. I like the idea of a talk show host perhaps with fighting spouses or a paternity dispute.
    I would really like a psychologist as mental health is very important in the lives of us all. This could also add to storytelling. Sims could go for couples counselling.
    I have always wanted the education career to be playable. I would like to be involved with my sims teaching.
    I think this is probably controversial for the sims but some kind of spirituality and priest would be lots of fun.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm not sure if I want new careers but more careers that have the Get to Work treatment or at least upgraded from being a mere rabbit hole would be pretty swell.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    A lot more for stem fields. Sims 4 is better than the others ones, but still a long way to go. Especially base game needs more stem field careers for example engineer
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Fashion model. I’d like to follow them on jobs.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Definitely live teacher or daycare.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • SimerooniesSimeroonies Posts: 16 Member
    Would love to see more part-time jobs for teens
  • SimerooniesSimeroonies Posts: 16 Member
    And for them to make jobs like how they are in Get To Work where you have the option to go with them if you want
  • miffytiffymiffytiffy Posts: 4 New Member
    Teacher :D :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    More active careers - firefighter, detective, babysitter, model, stylist, interior designer, ghost hunter, vet, actor, pop star/singer/musician, etc etc

Also the thing I want most is for them to actually go to the career location. Even for rabbit hole jobs, if a sim is a politician for example I want to see them actually go to the Town Hall, I don't want them to just disappear into the void for the day. It breaks the immersion and makes all the rabbithole careers feel empty as they're all exactly the same - a politician career feels exactly the same as a comedian career as sims just disappear and there's very little to say "this sim is a politician" other than a few prompts and a menu saying they are.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ive seen so many jobs im not sure if theres any that hasnt been included 😂

But can any iteration have your sim work 2 jobs? Im not sure if there is. My mom was a single mother who worked multiple jobs, thatd be cool to try and do in the sims as well.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simplysimmer19simplysimmer19 Posts: 16 Member
    I think it would be cool to have jobs where the Sim has to leave for several days at a time, like truck drivers, military, rockstars on an international tour...lol. I think that could add some fun gameplay for the family that stays at home! And if you only have one Sim in your lot, maybe it could be an option to have them go on a long work trip or not.
    Simply Simmer
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    youtube.com/simplysimmer19
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    I think it would be cool to have jobs where the Sim has to leave for several days at a time, like truck drivers, military, rockstars on an international tour...lol. I think that could add some fun gameplay for the family that stays at home! And if you only have one Sim in your lot, maybe it could be an option to have them go on a long work trip or not.

Yay...deployments.
    Screenshot-162.jpg
    ...plenty of opportunities for "hits to the relationship". Possibility for the deployed sim to get a "Dear John" because spouse decides to take up with Don Lothario. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Videogame Quality Control Engineer:
    Level 1: Foot tapper
    Level 2: Arm flailer
    Level 3: Stomp and curse consultant
    Level 4: Cache deleter
    Level 5: Routing inspector
    Level 6: Game repairer
    Level 7: Game reinstaller
    Level 8: Discoverer of mods
    Level 9: Obsessive mod user
    Level 10: Mod maker
  • OcergymaaOcergymaa Posts: 1 New Member
    There’s so many careers I would like to see.
    Psychologist
    The ability to specialize as a doctor- psychiatrist, cardiologist, pediatrician, etc
    Fireman
    Postal worker
    Social worker
    Nurse
    Incorporating a trade school instead of college could introduce jobs such as electrician, plumbing, beautician, etc
    Improved features for owning and operating your own small business
    Veterinarian

Just some initial thoughts but there’s really so much room to expand!
  • TaraTaraTaraTara Posts: 6 New Member
    I would like to see strip clubs where you can become a stripper, convenient store worker, daycare worker,
  • TaraTaraTaraTara Posts: 6 New Member
    And you should be able to go to work with them at any career.
  • Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    Man, so many good ideas... What about comic book writer, or film/screenplay writer. Video editor would be great, kinda similar to the video editing that we have with Get Famous, only it would be other people sending you their stuff to edit. Game designer, a legit model/fashion designer. Bring back architect, but make it more than just houses, and also interior designer again! Or tattoo artist. HR, Health Inspector, Lawyer and Judge, so you can do actual courtroom processions, and possibly even have to work with the police! OH! A mortician/person who does autopsies! Or forensic analyst! Ahhh, so many cool options!
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA