Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for a farming pack

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited October 2020
    Soo you got me researching, this is what I've found of the fraser clan, even has your tartan colour https://www.highlandtitles.com/blog/clans-scotland-fraser/ @SERVERFRA
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2020
    I would like an Italian world for a Farming pack

Capture13.png
    GK9M4M.jpg

Or a world based on Pennsylvanian Amish people with horse wagons for a Farming pack
    AmishVillage_MainPhoto0-08cf12395056a36_08cf137a-5056-a36a-096772ab9b49acc6_8ef7ea6302ebfbef14fae837bb7b9c7d.jpg
    de6010fbd178bd1cf147087145ae2a74.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Nikkih wrote: ยป
    Whats type of world would you like it too be, what activities would you like added, build & buy, CAS, I'm thinking what could be a great setting for a possible farming pack, I'm thinking Scottish highlands, lots of greeny, fairs and death by hairy coos ๐Ÿคฃ@Simburian

They could add a Harvest Festival but I suppose some might think it too religious and want to ban it ,with EA handing out apologies for even thinking of it. >:)
    You would learn soo much of your ancestry, what colour of tartan did your clan wear, where the battles happened, the battle of bannockburn field too this day has been left untouched with buildings, you can walk across the place where your ancestors ran starving and out numbered too retaliate against England for trying too wipe us out, have you seen braveheart it's not completely accurate with Robert the Bruce and William Wallace being around exactly the same time, Robert the Bruce did finish what William Wallace started after he was exercuted @SERVERFRA

I did try to find a tartan but the only one I could find was of my mother's line which was the Morgan one, very old and with rather drab brown colours. I come from a long, long, long, line of Welsh Morgans with her family being from there.

I think Hollywood must have got William Wallace mixed up with Boudicca (East Anglia, Southern England) with those blue faces as the custom was associated with the Picts and Celts and the fashion had long gone by that time. Never let facts get in the way of a good story though Hollywood!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I would like an Italian world for a Farming pack

GK9M4M.jpg

This looks so pretty and peaceful. :) A world inspired by Italy, with wine making and more pizza would be nice.
    edited October 2020
    I'm descended from the walker clan too to be honest I'm descended from quite a few lol, they probably did ๐Ÿ˜‚ still a brilliant film regardless and it did tell the big part of medieval Scotland story, ooh someone will find something to be controversial about ๐Ÿ˜‚ so maybe no harvest festival @Simburian , ooh Italy is beautiful ๐Ÿ˜ @FreezerBunnyCowplant
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Hello everyone! I am back, just booked my pneumococcal vaccine (what a name!) and I am now ready to roll.
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant those photos look great, second one is so much like Monte Vista in the sims 3. And horse wagons yes! (add horses to the game too)

@Nikkih I am going to research husband's clan, I know mother in law gave some documents to us (need to find them!) that said something about clan, surname and tartan etc. It would be great as we are all making a tile of things related to each one of us to give to my 2 and a half year old grandson, for his wall mural on his bedroom. (Daughter thought a good idea so we were all given a painting tile to "decorate" as we see fit)
    Coos will be very prominent in John's tile >:) not to mention a dog running faster than anyone else!

@Simburian That's for sure, I think EA likes to dish out apologies after creating the problem in first place. Maybe it is as someone said, a selling gimmick. I sure hope that is not the case.
  • LadyTigressLadyTigress Posts: 183 Member
    I would love to have horses back in the game. if its a farming pack, maybe ad an option for horses to have a sim ride around the farm to check for trouble
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Thank you Nikkih. I've always known about my Family's Tartan. I also inherited my Dad's Fraser Scroll, so I knew about the family's Loveth & Norman. Furthermore, I've always known that my & my daughter's Ancestors were
    Mary Stuart Queen of Scotland & King James Stuart of England & Scotland.
    I have watched movies of Rob Roy, Braveheart & Highlander. I've also watched the TV Shows of Highlander & Outlander.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time finding out about my Prairie Cree side & my Nicholi side. It stays a mystery.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Love this thread and I would love a farming pack with a Scottish theme. Just the other day I was watching Mull of Kintyre on Youtube and got goosebumps when the camera cut to the marching band with their bagpipes. Many years ago, my son went backpacking to Scotland. He bought himself a kilt and he wore it to a Scottish pub. The only other person there wearing one was a Norwegian backpacker.
    edited October 2020
    Kilts are Scottish traditional clothing for men at weddings although you are not forced too wear one, it's rare that you see someone walking around with a kilt ๐Ÿ˜‚, do not ask if hes a true scotsman, dont do it ๐Ÿคฃ, however the people in the pub would of appreciated it, bagpipes are the type of instruments that you either love the sound of or hate (I love), The bagpipes were played during lockdown, (flower of Scotland) that gets played when Scotland are going through a hard time its was played during the world wars, I got goosebumps at that, I'm glad your liking this thread @Figwit , sorry I couldn't find the answers you wanted, hopefully someday, you can come too Scotland and hopefully find them :-) @SERVERFRA
    edited October 2020
    Hello everyone, Just back from a "Looking after grandson day". Every thing hurts!. I'm pleased to see you all, gosh Mary Queen of Scots and her son James! Impressive! I must definitely look into John's Ancestors though I am not sure what I would find there ;)
    I do know more about mine, some of it good, some not so good and some tragic.
    I am so pleased that some of you would like to see a farming pack with a Scottish theme.
    There is or was a simmer by the name of Connorsim (I think) who made a beautiful Irish themed world "Rinn Fada" for the sims 3. I have played it and it's gorgeous.
    I am sure there is also a simmer that has made a Scottish world! I am going to find out as I now want to play a Farm game in a Scottish World.
    Can wait for the sims 5.. if it ever is a sims 5.
    Have any of you played the sims 3?
    I played the sims 3, I loved that game, I had a little play earlier, I gave my sister my sims 3 lol @Omaira
    @Nikkih Hi Nikkih, do you still have the game in your computer? Is your sister enjoying it? For me it's the best game ever! Even if EA did not create a certain world you could always find someone who had made one that would be something like what you were looking for and also some world creators would make some worlds by request, so good of them.
    I havent got a computer anymore lol, I play the sims 4 on console, yeah she likes it shes more of a builder, the one thing that bothered me about the sims 3 is that you have click all the packs @Omaira
    @Nikkih I play it on computer, and I do have all the packs but you could choose which packs you wanted installed via the launcher, I am pretty sure it can still be done. What annoys me is the fact that some things are broken such as Bridgeport, routing issues etc. I just wish they would sorted it but fat chance of that ever happening!
    Does your sister build worlds for the sims 3? (I see a farming Scottish World in the horizon..he he :D )
    Or just lots...I like to remodel the ones in game. Not very good at building in the sims 4 yet, I only started playing it around February or March this year, lock down had a lot to do with it. But I still playing the sims 3.
    It's a shame that they kind of just left the sims 3 broken, I hope they dont do that too the sims 4, it's just builds my sister does, do you build worlds ? @Omaira
    @Nikkih I wish I could but I am technically dumb! Even houses are a challenge for me, that's why I prefer re-modelling lots, I have fun doing that so I guess that's what matter, just enjoying it.
    edited October 2020
    ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŒพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    Post edited by Simburian on
    edited October 2020
    Sorry yes we must stay in topic ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‘@Simburian yes new death by hairy coos ๐Ÿคฃ, how about a farmers fair, it could also introduce theme park items
    Sorry yes we must stay in topic ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‘@Simburian yes new death by hairy coos ๐Ÿคฃ, how about a farmers fair, it could also introduce theme park items

Alas, I'm thinking that after "The Snowy Escape" Maxis might think that there would be too many problems with pigs, coos and vegetarians to go ahead with it. I am surprised that we still have fishing. Just look at that horrible meat wall we had in Eco Lifestyle and shudder. It didn't look cooked to me. :#

Maybe a horse ranch might be acceptable?

Tell me about this generation is way too sensitive those days ๐Ÿคฃ I got to admit that meat wall it looked that raw it was still screaming hakuna matata ๐Ÿ˜‚, perhaps looking after the animals not eating them lol @Simburian
    Tell me about this generation is way too sensitive those days ๐Ÿคฃ I got to admit that meat wall it looked that raw it was still screaming hakuna matata ๐Ÿ˜‚, perhaps looking after the animals not eating them lol @Simburian

We got Conservation already so I suppose they could add Self Sufficiency with a few animals, a few corn & wheat fields, and lots of chicken runs!
    I would like that, horses and horse ranches would be good aswell as you said, having fairs, farmers market, ooh theres soo much this pack could bring @Simburian
    Ooh llamas