Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for a farming pack

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Whats type of world would you like it too be, what activities would you like added, build & buy, CAS, I'm thinking what could be a great setting for a possible farming pack, I'm thinking Scottish highlands, lots of greeny, fairs and death by hairy coos 🤣@Simburian
Post edited by Nikkih on

Comments

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Visiting Scotland is on my "bucket list" so I would love to have a Sims world that features it. I've always been amazed at the gorgeous scenery in photos I've seen.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    If you ever visit Scotland Wallace monument, you will get an amazing view of everything ( make sure the weather is dry) 😂, I would love if they made a world with elements of Scotland too add the Wallace monument, Stirling or Edinburgh castle in the background @Cabelle1863
    edited October 2020
    Double commented by mistake.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Whats type of world would you like it too be, what activities would you like added, build & buy, CAS, I'm thinking what could be a great setting for a possible farming pack, I'm thinking Scottish highlands, lots of greeny, fairs and death by hairy coos 🤣@Simburian

Hi Nikkih. Totally with you on this pack and on the Death by Coo!
    Activities to Include: Going for a walk in the fields with the dog and coming back as a "Ghost"
    Illnesses: Sore bum due to coo attack! (Having to call a doctor
    This just for starters, but no, seriously, you could also add a golf course! :D
    This comment was just all brilliant 😂 I cannae move 🤣🤣 @Omaira
    edited October 2020
    So we need bigger than average coos (long haired and with very long horns)
    Kilts!!! please let there be kilts! (Do you think the different clans will be offended and fight?) only joke :)
    Straw rolls... the coos will need them!
    New plants: we already have tatties so we have to think of other plants.
    Nessie!!! with playability such as going on a boat on a lake and being attacked by Nessie (they have The Kraken in TS3 so they can addapt it form it.
    I am thinking more ideas.
    @Cabelle1863 If you are wondering what is all this about coos, it is that my husband is Scottish and that is how cows sound when he says the word. We were at another thread and we started all of this there, soooo don't think we are crazy (well I might be.. a bit..)
    edited October 2020
    Aye we encounted them, why should our sims have it easy 😂, Kilts yes wouldn't represent Scotland if they weren't there, lucky for us we wouldn't be able too find out if they are true scots men so no controversy there 🤣, I thinking thistles for plants and of course the game is fictional so lets add in big nessie @Omaira
    edited October 2020
    Yes Scotland has alot of slang when we speak lol cannae means cant, aye means yes lol sorry if I caused confusion, because omairas husband is Scottish she will know all the slang words, so I felt I didnt have too write proper English lol @Cabelle1863
    There is already juice on the rocks, but paying a visit to distilleries where malt and blended nectar is created would be a must imo, and learning to make malt juice! also a career!
    And yes, thistles are great.
    How about barley (needed for malt juice?
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited October 2020
    Omaira wrote: »
    @Cabelle1863 If you are wondering what is all this about coos, it is that my husband is Scottish and that is how cows sound when he says the word. We were at another thread and we started all of this there, soooo don't think we are crazy (well I might be.. a bit..)

I saw your post, and I read it out loud to my husband. We both had a good laugh, though I'm certain you & your daughters were terrified at the time. :D

I'd love to have kilts too, I think they're such a dashing fashion. I've also seen a trend of "utilitarian" kilts, where they're made from solid canvas-like fabric that I think is really cool. I've tried to get my husband to think about wearing them, but nope, he just won't! :p We did the Ancestry DNA kits and he's 56% English & Irish, 23% Scottish, 16% Norwegian. I'm even more of a "mutt," 34% English, 19% Germanic Europe, 16% Swedish, 11% Scottish, 7% Norwegian, 6% Eastern Europe, 4% Irish & 3% Wales.

I'd also hope that there would be sheep, and using the fleece to weave new fabric. And castles! We definitely need castles.
    Definitely nectary could definitely be added through this pack , we make quite a few juice, ooh irn bru and haggis @Omaira
    Nikkih wrote "lucky for us we wouldn't be able too find out if they are true scots men so no controversy there 🤣" Yes, there is no wind strong enough to lift clothes in the sims....so safe as you say.

I miss the nectar making of the sims 3 so we need something to replace it with. Malt Juice and Blended Juice
    🤣🤣 I just couldn't resist writing that lol, I loved that aswell and the bottles, you sim could buy a bottle of nectar, got for the holidays in game @Omaira
    I was seriously worried for my daughters, as for John, at the time I think I could have seriously injured him!! I was so mad at him! The dog was always a troublemaker, he was rescued and used to walk into any pub that had an open door, and in buses too! with me jumping in and having to make excuses to the amusement of everyone.
    edited October 2020
    Typical man hes a scot he should of known about the coos 🤣🤣, I'm glad yous are all okay @Omaira
  • LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    Don't really want a farming pack to be honest... but horses would be nice.
    Yes I would love horses too make it back in the game, a miss them from the sims 3 @Leaselmary
    It could have Rosslyn Chapel, it is so beautiful and mysterious, it would be perfect for a search quest to find something special... I really hope some other company rescues this game from the present greedy hands it is at the moment because it is such a wonderful game with so much missing from it now days.

PS. talking about Nessie, apparently you can see her appearing on the waters of Windenburg if you stare long enough but I have never seen her.
    I usually take a sim or two to the Bliff I think it's called but have never been lucky.
    edited October 2020
    Yes I would love a Scottish themed world too happen, theres lots in Scotland and it would be soo cool too show other simmers, I know I'm soo lucky too be from a country that has alot of history that still shows it, I never been too the rosslyn chapel, see I'm Scottish, I live in Scotland (Stirling) and even I haven't seen it all, I have heard of nessie being in the game aswell but I havent seen her, that's my sims next mission lol @Omaira
    edited October 2020
    BAGPIPES sorry for caps but yes that too, can you just imagine though how awful a sim learning how too play those 😂 , if you ever heard bagpipes played badly it the most worst sound your ever hear would scare the coos away that's for sure lol
    LOL, if you spot Nessie in game just let us know where, I might be looking in the wrong place. It would be nice if any simmer that has seen her recently would point us in the right direction. Bagpipes yes, I heard that they are very difficult to play but very impressive. Coo deterrent? bring them in, but keep them away from certain golf park, we want coos there, lots of angry coos!
    The autumn season is really beautiful, my only complain is that it rains a lot!

I am Venezuelan but of basque and Spanish roots, I was born in Bilbao but taken very small to Venezuela, later on I was sent with my sister to Bilbao with my maternal grandparents, So I spent time between the two countries until I came to England to learn English, Brighton, where John was having a couple of weeks holiday, so that is how we met.
    So I am a bit of a mix myself but my daughters are more so! Scottish with a bit of Irish somewhere, Spanish and basque and who knows what else as the Arabs were in Spain for 800 years an my family believes (from maternal grandmother) that there is a bit of Arab blood somewhere there in addition my two grandchildren, one girl from older daughter and a boy from the younger have English blood as their fathers are both English.
    So that is my lineage so far...
    I will definitely tell you where she is if/when I find her, yes it definitely rains alot over here, atleast it will keep the grass green 😂,yeah it's nice when leaves go all different colours, hopefully we get a white Christmas aswell but probably not lol, you have a very interesting lineage, alot of history in it, truth be told I'm not only Scottish I would say I'm mostly am, but I also have a bit of Irish and abit of Norwegian aswell soo I'm from the cold parts of globe lol @Omaira
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    If I could give myself "Motherlode" in real life, I would travel to Scotland to see where the real Fraser's Clan lived & see
    Mary Stuart's Castle. I've always been curious about my ancestors.
    edited October 2020
    You would learn soo much of your ancestry, what colour of tartan did your clan wear, where the battles happened, the battle of bannockburn field too this day has been left untouched with buildings, you can walk across the place where your ancestors ran starving and out numbered too retaliate against England for trying too wipe us out, have you seen braveheart it's not completely accurate with Robert the Bruce and William Wallace being around exactly the same time, Robert the Bruce did finish what William Wallace started after he was exercuted @SERVERFRA
    Post edited by Nikkih on