Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Occults or Hidden worlds?!

The old survey that brought up a Winter Vacation pack had mentions of a yeti and exploring ice caves. Because this pack is Japanese inspired, a yeti is very unlikely. However, Japan has a lot of myths around snow 'ghosts' and spirits, some of whom breathe ice if they feel threatened. So my thoughts are:

-There is a hidden ice cave world that might have a hidden harvestable or an unlockable item
-A snow ghost/spirit can show up and freeze your Sim.

What do you think? Is climbing just dangerous because it's cold and you could fall, or do you think we don't know about the dangers of climbing yet?

Comments

• YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    The "snowy" Kami already appeared in the trailer, so this is kinda a new... occult type..? more or less...

I hope there will be a cave or something as we seem to be able to wander the mountain from what I can see in the trailer. :hushed:
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I really hope so. I miss when they used to put hidden details in the game, now they don't seem to do anything unless its an advertised feature
  • DarlingS0ngBirdDarlingS0ngBird Posts: 13 New Member
    Crossing my fingers for a ice cave!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    They did say build your rock climbing skill up, and challenge them to climb to the top of Komorebi. So I'm thinking if there is an ice cave in the game. It's probably on top or near the top of the mountain. Otherwise why hype up the challenge of climbing to the top of the mountain if there's nothing up there?
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    I would love to see some scary snow ghosts or a hidden ice cave in the game! Great idea; I hope you’re right. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they snuck a yeti in at the top of the mountain anyways (and I wouldn’t be upset).

The recent JTB Disney world remake has me thinking of this new pack a little bit in relation to the Expedition Everest ride at Disney’s animal kingdom which has a yeti.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    Because this pack is Japanese inspired, a yeti is very unlikely. However, Japan has a lot of myths around snow 'ghosts' and spirits, some of whom breathe ice if they feel threatened.

Seems very plausible to me. I'm in no way an expert on Japan or its culture, but I do know of Yuki-onna, a snow witch of sorts who either lures people into snow-related trouble or tries to protect them from it depending on who you ask, and with all the ghosts and yokai and deities in Japanese folklore, I'm sure there's more of those with a connection to cold weather, even if the famous yeti isn't among them.

We might even see several types of entities in the pack itself, like the floating blue thing from the trailer, but I doubt that there will be a full-fledged occult. My best guess is that it will be similar to Island Living with its Sulani elementals, sims can interact with them and get benefits out of it, but without becoming anything special themselves. I wouldn't mind being wrong about this, though... Can't wait to find out!
  • waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    I would also love to see a yuki onna in the game. (Yuki onna translates to 'Snow Woman' in Japanese). It makes sense with the snowy world, and since its usual form is a humanoid woman wearing a kimono it wouldn't be too difficult to create a yuki onna with the items they have made for this pack (unlike a Yeti, which would require new meshes or be a human in a costume).

According to Japanese folklore the yuki onna breathes on people as they die of the cold or makes them freeze to death. But sometimes she will spare a handsome young man and come and marry him later. So woohoo with a yuki onna is completely in line with Japanese tradition, lol.
  • ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    Probs would include a yeti in the trailer.
  • bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I think the hidden cave might be shown in the trailer. At 00:35 in the trailer, you can see what looks like a cave entrance that needs to be cleared of snow and ice to enter. Upon seeing it, I was instantly reminded of the overgrown archways in Jungle Adventure. As for new occult, this would be a great pack to add a supe or expand upon ghosts/spirits.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I'm actually hoping it isn't some special ghost since it could easily be a ghost we already have with a few ice abilities here and there, knowing the track record of reusing assets and animations.
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Very true about the ice ghost already there. Maybe a ghost that you have to appease to climb all the way?
    If not I just hope we get some ice cave action or SOMETHING at the top. Watching your Sims climb to..nothing doesn't seem that much fun.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    Very true about the ice ghost already there. Maybe a ghost that you have to appease to climb all the way?
    If not I just hope we get some ice cave action or SOMETHING at the top. Watching your Sims climb to..nothing doesn't seem that much fun.
    That was my point that I was making when I said, [ Why hype up climbing to the top of the mountain if there's nothing to do up there? ].
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I think that at the time of the championship we would already know if there was something mystical in this package, which is a real pity, the mysticism of this culture is super interesting and could put several cool things to mix with the other mystical packs.