Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited October 2020
    Korgly wrote: »
    I didn't know while in the science career my sim could invent, upgrade and mass produce the sim-ray. Which could then be sold at retail with hopes of arming every citizen.. What I still don't know is if once they all own one if I'll see them randomly zapping eachother but, what I do know! is if I gift them to another unplayed sim once I play that sim its in his inventory.

just to be clear I knew that you could make the sim ray but, I didn't know that you can keep making an upgrading it over and over.

I also didn't know that with the "Always Welcome" trait from the reward store I can play as a Butler sim on unplayed lots

Do tell! How does that work, you get that Sim Always Welcome, then what, travel that sim to an unplayed lot...and then what? I've had such headaches manipulating the butler trait so that I could have a specific, groomed, Butler in my Sims story on ArchiveOfOurOwn, that any new ways to use butlers is good news to me!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2020
    Korgly wrote: »
    I didn't know while in the science career my sim could invent, upgrade and mass produce the sim-ray. Which could then be sold at retail with hopes of arming every citizen.. What I still don't know is if once they all own one if I'll see them randomly zapping eachother but, what I do know! is if I gift them to another unplayed sim once I play that sim its in his inventory.

just to be clear I knew that you could make the sim ray but, I didn't know that you can keep making an upgrading it over and over.

I also didn't know that with the "Always Welcome" trait from the reward store I can play as a Butler sim on unplayed lots

Do tell! How does that work, you get that Sim Always Welcome, then what, travel that sim to an unplayed lot...and then what? I've had such headaches manipulating the butler trait so that I could have a specific, groomed, Butler in my Sims story on ArchiveOfOurOwn, that any new ways to use butlers is good news to me!

@Nushnushganay Just realized if you are referring to butler animations like bell ringing there is nothing like that just,

Exactly what you said.. your sim wears a butler outfit and travels to a pre-made lot that has an extra bed for him/her and reside there as a stay in butler.. of course your sim won't get paid for this but, I guess if you had the entrepreneur trait you could pretend or if you're up to it cheat in your daily salary.

I had my new sim go live with one of my first played sim lots and replace the butler that was originally there.. It feels like thats what you are there for atleast seeing as you can't control any of the other sims yet you can cook and clean for them.

If you are making a story you'd have full control over the butler so I guess that would be better? you said a butler trait? is that a mod

Post edited by Korgly on
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Alexciel wrote: »
    Alexciel wrote: »
    I just discovered that you can Copypasto the poster generathing boards from San Myshuno, and once placed in a house they continue to generate collectionable posters, to comfy collect them form home.

Where do they end up? The family inventory, I guess?

Yes! And that destroyed the mith that only inventory stuff can be copypasted. You just don't know till you try.

Also, a mage Sim trying to murder someone, can Zipzap the Murphy bed

On that matter, I wonder what happens if you Zipzap a sim with the Storm Chaser trait...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Even without reward trait, Zipzap isn't deadly, your target just gets a +10 dazed moodlet (which doesn't bring them any closer to death).
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I wish magic was more deadly. Like the lighting effect from Seasons would have been nice to use.
    Speaking of magic - Did you know that the Good Fortune Portion affects social interactions not just interacting with objects? I had a Sim give me some extra objects he had just because my Sim was now more likely to get objects from doing everyday actions.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited October 2020
    Didn't notice until recently that in Strangerville, the Slip 42 lot has a Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy reference in the description. Actually, no, it has 2, I've just read the name again and realised! (How did I notice the subtle one but not the one staring me in the face?! My brain hurts.) 😆
    Did you know?

If Spooky Stuff is installed, ghosts can wear any carved pumpkins on their heads, which will provide them with a happy moodlet
    Did you know?
    When you're in the Journalist Career you get an interaction called "Interview about life" and it's basically like a more powerful "Get to know" that lets you learn more traits about the Sim.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Bet you didn't know this but if you look closely at the sponge when bathing a toddler the sponge looks like the old kids toy smart brick phones. (Also yeah I know that the tot is wearing a hat while in the tub.)
    ac58bb4219b9b4782969282a8cb790b93c367058.png
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Did you know that you can ride your bike in a blizzard? 🚴‍♀️🌨️❄️☃️

• shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    I only recently started playing with aging on. My dog died and he came back as a ghost. He was just as needy and demanding as he was when he was alive. (Running away constantly) I had to release his spirit. :(
    Well I didn't know you could have ghost pets so that's something
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Did you know your Sims water will break when they are about to go into labor? I have no mods in my game. When did they put this in the game?
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
    LMAO. Do you have to mop it up?

@shokorose ... yes, you do. It blew me away the first time I saw it.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Did you know your Sims water will break when they are about to go into labor? I have no mods in my game. When did they put this in the game?

What??! I’ve never seen that before!
  • ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    I did not know that you could plant daisies and bluebells and sell the seedlings for much more than the flowers. Possibly true for other plants as well, if you have the time to spare for it.
  • Pump3rnick3l_Pump3rnick3l_ Posts: 14 New Member
    I didn't know you could set your work attitude - "work hard", "take it easy" etc. Took me about seven months after I bought the game to figure that out.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Sims can knit and watch TV at the same time. I knew they could listen to music while doing other things, but this is new to me. She was watching TV when I brought her husband home from another lot, I told her to knit something instead, and she just decided to do both! Smart granny.

strickenundfernsehen5mjec.jpg
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    > @Hearts4u said:
    > Did you know your Sims water will break when they are about to go into labor? I have no mods in my game. When did they put this in the game?

Yes, I've also noticed that yesterday when my sim went into labor. A puddle appeared out of nowhere and she wasn't near any sinks or toilets etc. I was so going to blame the poor landlord for lousy plumbing :D
    Bastet wrote: »
    > @Hearts4u said:
    > Did you know your Sims water will break when they are about to go into labor? I have no mods in my game. When did they put this in the game?

Yes, I've also noticed that yesterday when my sim went into labor. A puddle appeared out of nowhere and she wasn't near any sinks or toilets etc. I was so going to blame the poor landlord for lousy plumbing :D

@Bastet ..... lol. I notice so many little things when I just sit and watch my Sims. It is so amazing and fun.

Did you know that when your Sims orders food in a park near a swing, they may choose to set on it and eat there right on the swing? I like this one.

Did you know that each trait for a Toddler is very unique and different? My mind can't handle having more than one Toddler at a time but for fun just play with one parent and 7 toddlers. Give each a trait making sure you include fussy, clingy and wild--then watch. All act very differently.
    Toddler-Traits.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I did not know you could marry the aliens from Batuu and take them home.
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2020
    If you have an elder sim that you don't want to see die off there is a way to make them young again without cheats by using the same method you'd use to reset a sim and the only downfalls is you'd be losing their inventory money etc.. and it would be creating a hole new duped sim so you may want to remove the other one.

1st. Save the sim to your library
    2nd. in manage worlds create a new household to move in
    3rd. add the sim from your library and delete the random sim that was created before it.
    4th. you now should be able to change their age and features if you want and can move them into a household after saving

you can also move sims into households that they can't afford from your library without cheats using another sim located at a house near the home you'd like them to move into and clicking on it.

sure cheats are faster but, thus is for those whom may be on console and still would like to get achievments
    Daephene wrote: »
    I did not know you could marry the aliens from Batuu and take them home.

Oh my. That would make for some interesting children.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top