Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recently gone back to sims 3...

Comments

• dreamyaridreamyari Posts: 41 Member

@nycbigl This is so great to hear, I don't really see a lot of people using CAW anymore (maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?) but it's awesome that you were able to recreate the event you were unable to go to!

@Sharonia I feel you on that! I've had the game since release but I had just hit my teen years and was playing on my very first laptop which as I'm sure you can imagine did not run the game very well. How I played and powered through that amount of lag and loading time I'll never know, because I for sure couldn't do it now. I'm glad we're at least able to be an active part of the community during TS3 renaissance though!
    ☆ it is only with the heart that one can see rightly ★
    ❀ advocate + founder of TS3 Renaissance
    - they/them -
    TS3 username; britishpinkkitty
    ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ ʟᴇɢᴀᴄʏ; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/981894/harper-legacy#latest
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    dreamyari wrote: »
    @nycbigl This is so great to hear, I don't really see a lot of people using CAW anymore (maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?) but it's awesome that you were able to recreate the event you were unable to go to!

@Sharonia I feel you on that! I've had the game since release but I had just hit my teen years and was playing on my very first laptop which as I'm sure you can imagine did not run the game very well. How I played and powered through that amount of lag and loading time I'll never know, because I for sure couldn't do it now. I'm glad we're at least able to be an active part of the community during TS3 renaissance though!

I was a huge fan of the Sims 2 when it was the current game, I had a web site for it where I would share my custom clothes and I played it every day. I had been so looking forward to the Sims 3 when it was announced. I followed all the news about it and everything then on release day I got it and my computer graphics card could not handle it at all. I was actually devastated that I couldn't play it at the time.

We bought a new PC for it a few weeks or maybe months later with well over the recommended specs and even the new PC could not run it at a standard that I liked. It was laggy and I had to have the graphics on a setting that wasn't appealing to me. I eventually just gave up on trying to play it and moved onto other games.

I didn't return to the sims community until the Sims 4 Seasons released and I played that for like a year or more but I've really started to get bored of the game. It's lacking so much and I struggle to keep my attention on it. I've waited eleven years to be able to play the Sims 3 properly without lag and with the graphics settings on high but oh my it was definitely worth the wait. I am having so much fun. It keeps my attention and I love all the little details and the slightly more mature interaction animations between the sims and it doesn't seem to have any of the weird design choices that the Sims 4 has like those random situation outfits that drive me crazy and I love that.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Welcome back to everyone who has posted here! I would like to remind everyone that you HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TURN ON VSYNC! Otherwise you could ruin your graphics card. And every time your graphics card updates you'll need to do turn it on again. You'll know because it will reset all your options. Back in the day I ruined a gaming laptop before I realized what the problem was. :lol:

I play all EPs, stuff packs and everything from the store with no lag. It did take me awhile to get here. Had to troubleshoot some issues way back in 2014 when I first started. If you love the game and have a good enough computer, there's no reason why you can't play lag free, especially with NRaas mods.

Happy simming!
  • OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    I've been playing The Sims 3 recently (in addition to The Sims 2) and I'm enjoying it a lot, but god, I forgot how bugged that game is...
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    dreamyari wrote: »

There is a thread for World builders in Sims 3 Creative Corner section
  • MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    edited October 2020
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Welcome back to everyone who has posted here! I would like to remind everyone that you HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TURN ON VSYNC! Otherwise you could ruin your graphics card.

^^This, so much!! I've killed a couple in my time. XD

Post edited by MadameButterfly on
  • nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    AnnaLoo91 wrote: »
    And asking myself every second why in the world I ever left it. :D

When I was playing Sims 3, I hadn't collected all the packs (at least not the little ones), and I have to say I probably didn't even do half of the stuff available in this game. When Sims 4 came out I just jumped to it, not realizing at all that it was going to be so...different. But with my new laptop, it's so easy to play Sims 3 on the highest settings, and now that it's not lagging, I'm seeing how (to me) that this game is so much better. Open Worlds, real personality, almost endless customization, so much stuff to do and explore, I feel like it's a game I can play for hours and not get bored. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally attached to my Sims 4 characters and the story I've made for them, but I'm currently only playing with one sim in sims 3 and it's so much fun, and I feel like I have so much stuff to do. It's almost overwhelming, but in a really good way. I don't even need mods, they're just minor enhancements.

I wonder, is there anyone else recently coming back to sims 3 and are loving it?

Yep I set up my game late last night and played quite a bit today. I have more fun with sims 3 than I ever did with sims 4 base game. I've stayed true to my word and not bought a single sims 4 expansion or stuff pack or any kind of pack for that game. Because as they came out I was seeing them have less content than even a sims 3 expansion or stuff pack. It's ridiculous..

I still say sims 2 is the best game, in terms of features in gameplay. But sims 3 has open world of create-a-style. It has insane amounts of customization, and you can even custom make lots in just about any size there is. Sims 4 relies on EA creating pre-made worlds with pre-determined plots and sizes. Which is lame.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Welcome back to everyone who has posted here! I would like to remind everyone that you HAVE TO REMEMBER TO TURN ON VSYNC! Otherwise you could ruin your graphics card.

^^This, so much!! I've killed a couple in my time. XD

My Vivobook (integrated graphics chip)...hates me so much. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I can only imagine! It's just in there screaming for mercy. :D
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    nilanius wrote: »

Yep I set up my game late last night and played quite a bit today. I have more fun with sims 3 than I ever did with sims 4 base game. I've stayed true to my word and not bought a single sims 4 expansion or stuff pack or any kind of pack for that game. Because as they came out I was seeing them have less content than even a sims 3 expansion or stuff pack. It's ridiculous..

I still say sims 2 is the best game, in terms of features in gameplay. But sims 3 has open world of create-a-style. It has insane amounts of customization, and you can even custom make lots in just about any size there is. Sims 4 relies on EA creating pre-made worlds with pre-determined plots and sizes. Which is lame.

I actually made the mistake of buying sims 4 early on. I wasn't keeping up with it, so I had no idea how...lacking it would be when I first got it. At the time only the base game was out, and I opened it and found the worlds so small. Then I found out there is no open world, no toddlers (at the time) and I promptly shut it off and went back to sims 3. I refused to play it until they had toddlers and proper expansions at least. That was the first sad experience. But playing sims 3 back now, I am really loving it. I even tried to play sims 4 again, and I realize that there is so much missing from that game that I can get in sims 3. I honestly think my favorite thing about sims 4 is the bright colorful looking sims/world, the sims are pretty too, and I enjoy mods from the community. But for me, I'm just more sold on its predecessor at this point. And I haven't played sims 2 in a long time, but I remember really enjoying it. I had considered redownloading it, because they had some of the best gameplay.
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
    The sad thing about the Sims 4 compared to the Sims 3 is that the Sims 3 base game feels more complete and fun to play with than the entire collection of the Sims 4. I'm not bashing the Sims 4 even though it sounds like I am because I do still have a soft spot in my heart for it. It just makes me sad to think how much better it could be if they only put the same effort and love into it as they did the first three games.
  • Nature_GuardianNature_Guardian Posts: 2 New Member
    Hiyo, folks!

As the OP stated in their initial post, I have only just recently returned to The Sims 3. And while I just love the game (And am running it on slightly-lower graphical settings), I do have two questions...1: The game says I need to register. I already did so several years ago, under a different EA Account, which I can't seem to access anymore. And when I tried using the registration codes again, they (EA) wouldn't let me use those. And I need to register to share memories. How do I register all the Sims 3 games I bought years ago? 2: Is there a place where I can share some Sims 3 families I created? If so, how and where can I get started in doing so? Please let me know...Cheers!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    Hiyo, folks!

As the OP stated in their initial post, I have only just recently returned to The Sims 3. And while I just love the game (And am running it on slightly-lower graphical settings), I do have two questions...1: The game says I need to register. I already did so several years ago, under a different EA Account, which I can't seem to access anymore. And when I tried using the registration codes again, they (EA) wouldn't let me use those. And I need to register to share memories. How do I register all the Sims 3 games I bought years ago? 2: Is there a place where I can share some Sims 3 families I created? If so, how and where can I get started in doing so? Please let me know...Cheers!

@Nature_Guardian, you're have to get a hold of EA Customer support to see about merging your old account with the new one it you can remember your old user name and password as well as your security questions to prove that you're the owner of the older account... :)
    https://help.ea.com/en/

You can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur.com and then post your pictures on this site once you become a full member because as of right now, you are a new member and new members are unable to posts pictures, links or have an avatar/profile picture. You need 25 points, 15 posts and an account older than 25 hours... :)

Hope this helps... :)
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    Hiyo, folks!

You will need to speak to EA about your issues with registering your games. I am sure though that you won't be able to register the games to a different account. You might be able to get them to help you get back into your original account where the games are registered depending of course on why you can't get into it now.

You can share your families on the Exchange through your studio.

This link will take you to where you need to log in and you will be able to find your studio there. It'll be under the My Page menu.

https://www.thesims3.com

I'd recommend trying to get EA to help you get back into your original account though before adding things to this account.

Good luck
  • Nature_GuardianNature_Guardian Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Karritz said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You will need to speak to EA about your issues with registering your games. I am sure though that you won't be able to register the games to a different account. You might be able to get them to help you get back into your original account where the games are registered depending of course on why you can't get into it now.
    >
    > You can share your families on the Exchange through your studio.
    >
    > This link will take you to where you need to log in and you will be able to find your studio there. It'll be under the My Page menu.
    >
    > https://www.thesims3.com
    >
    > I'd recommend trying to get EA to help you get back into your original account though before adding things to this account.
    >
    > Good luck

Thank you, because this old account of mine had about 600 Sim-Points on it. I'll work on trying to recover it first. See you there, hopefully!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    My view is that if you want to create--TS4 is perfect. Doing that is SO much easier. If you want real gameplay (which seriously, why else would you buy a game), go with TS3. TS4 lacks with gameplay, and as of late is super-buggy. When I switched from Steam to Origin, I ended up with 1.69; which I feel runs worse than 1.68 on my machines. I'll need to try it soon.
    cody6268 wrote: »
    My view is that if you want to create--TS4 is perfect. Doing that is SO much easier. If you want real gameplay (which seriously, why else would you buy a game), go with TS3. TS4 lacks with gameplay, and as of late is super-buggy. When I switched from Steam to Origin, I ended up with 1.69; which I feel runs worse than 1.68 on my machines. I'll need to try it soon.

I think maybe I prefer the Sims 3 because I mostly only play live mode when I play the Sims. I can't build cause I'm not creative enough and also I'm kind of lazy and even though I do enjoy giving sims makeovers I don't really enjoy spending hours doing so.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited October 2020
    Building is so much easier in the sims 4 but very limited. It cannot create a pond, cannot create waterfalls ,cannot create bridges, cannot build your own apartment, cannot match the colors without style tool, cannot add or delete lots in edit town mode. Many Sims 4 simmers want more lots but only a couple in town. But I still like the sims 4 for playing and I LOVE the sims 3 more. :D Usually, I play for completing aspirations in the sims 4 and I play for sim life in the sims 3. Personally, I build my own house in the sims 3 and I download the lots from gallery in the sims 4.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Glad y'all are having fun - never made the switch to TS4 because... why? lol Love this game.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Building is so much easier in the sims 4 but very limited. It cannot create a pond, cannot create waterfalls ,cannot create bridges, cannot build your own apartment, cannot match the colors without style tool, cannot add or delete lots in edit town mode. Many Sims 4 simmers want more lots but only a couple in town. But I still like the sims 4 for playing and I LOVE the sims 3 more. :D Usually, I play for completing aspirations in the sims 4 and I play for sim life in the sims 3. Personally, I build my own house in the sims 3 and I download the lots from gallery in the sims 4.

I had to resort on creating my own swatches for ts4 with photoshop because i hate having outfits that dont match.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    I tried Sims 4 for a bit, then went to Sims 2 and other various sims, then I just loaded all my Sims 3 stuff back up a few weeks back and I forgot how much I loved it! I did all the little adjustments to get it to run better and it's doing very well, despite going to all sorts of different worlds. I'm stuck at home, so my Sim is going to every world on vacation.

The working shops and the improved CAS/building in Sims 4 are good, but the rest is just kind of dull and trying so hard to be quirky. Sims 3 is just great gameplay.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2020
    One other thing that TS3 has going for it is TSRW...(Yes, I know, you can use TSRW on 4 as well but this brings a whole new depth of in-game modifications that you can do to the attire and other objects in the game).
    I have an apocalypse story...that I'm doing...that requires a ton of military uniforms.
    USMClassB_ServiceAlphas_Enlisted.png
    US Marine Enlisted Uniform.

You don't get Navy uniforms that look like actual decent looking Navy Uniforms in the Sims 3. In fact there is no Navy.
    Screenshot-47.jpg
    Screenshot-56.jpg

It's nice how easy it is to work with TSRW to basically create what it is that one wants.
    Screenshot-149.jpg
    Screenshot-162.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I just uninstalled Sims 4 and spent the rest of the day downloading Sims 3. I am simply amazed at the gameplay I left and tried to love Sims 4. I forgot how awesome Sims 3 is, the pets... the gameplay... unique Sims that actually do interesting things when I'm not controlling them. Furniture that can be matched.. Traits that mean something. I could just go on and on. I have missed Sims 3 and did not realize how much until today. All I can say is I'm home Sims 3, I'm home.
  • thebriamonthebriamon Posts: 377 Member
    I was a big TS3 player until about 2013, and then I stopped for several years and only got back into it last year. I had had so much fun and thought it was forever behind me because TS4 had come out and I thought mod developers would move on too, so I was more than happily surprised to see that there are a lot of dedicated TS3 people still out there. I added a lot of NRAAS mods to my game, and now that the game isn't constantly being updated with patches, I can leave my settings as they are and not have to completely redo all my mods every few months (Which was one of the things that really kept me from playing for long stretches at a time).

If I ever move on to another sims game, I think it will be after it's run is over and all the content and patches are out, and there are plenty of mods to choose from.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    One other thing that TS3 has going for it is TSRW...(Yes, I know, you can use TSRW on 4 as well but this brings a whole new depth of in-game modifications that you can do to the attire and other objects in the game).
    I have an apocalypse story...that I'm doing...that requires a ton of military uniforms.
    USMClassB_ServiceAlphas_Enlisted.png
    US Marine Enlisted Uniform.

You don't get Navy uniforms that look like actual decent looking Navy Uniforms in the Sims 3. In fact there is no Navy.
    Screenshot-47.jpg
    Screenshot-56.jpg

It's nice how easy it is to work with TSRW to basically create what it is that one wants.
    Screenshot-149.jpg
    Screenshot-162.jpg

Sorry for the silly question but what’s the full name of TSRW? The military outfits look awesome!