Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That bad, huh?

I fired up the game this afternoon, and noticed Journey to Batuu was 50% off. This is, by far the least time between release and such a large discount. Is it really so bad, and poorly received that they've had to do it this early?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I fired up the game this afternoon, and noticed Journey to Batuu was 50% off. This is, by far the least time between release and such a large discount. Is it really so bad, and poorly received that they've had to do it this early?

For many simmers, yes. But some have managed to find enjoyment with it.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Yeah, I think you can tell by the amount of likes/dislikes when they released those two trailer videos on YouTube.

Lot of players have highly requested for other stuff in game. Honestly never heard of anyone that wants a star wars pack before it was announced
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It sure seems like this I have never seen a sale this early for a game pack expansions in stores like Target sure but never anything this early on the EA store. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and never do anything like the Star Wars pack again.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    These sales do occur quite frequently especially if Origin is having a big sale https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931836/50-off
    egTcBMc.png
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    It is fast, and game packs rarely go on sale for 50% off at all, but the sale is actually for all packs that have an occult, for Halloween. So Strangerville, Vampires and RoM are also 50% for maybe the first time ever. The sale also includes IL and GTW, but it's not as big a deal for expansions since they go that low pretty frequently.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    It’s the only pack that I don’t own and not even for free would I install it.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited October 2020
    Eco went on sale pretty quickly too, I wonder if we're getting closer to the wind-down of the new content for TS4. ETA: Like last push and then moving out last year's product so they can get ready for the new line product type of thing.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    No only that, but you get a popup every time you try to purchase a Sims title, recommending you buy Journey to Batuu. I tried purchasing Nifty Knitting, and this came up:

y4mNtjqdPKFpXSwtE-y_JTBQBmJgRGLY4CwvmcUrBH5MQPipUoocaEg8nOhO2vmfhj6XTSsdHiR1QbwcTNzz1sTAkV3wLAtZtj0yoiZoNz6ALHxMyHiyk_XXQfLWlVse49-tXe1uVat3a8gYR7TcvPH9gZqktY5rj-yq-R3mkz7kNLMeVlGHG63NTQb4wWBYwy3?width=1403&height=713&cropmode=none

Can they be anymore intrusive??
    The sales for this pack must have bombed, because they really want people to buy this pack!
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Honestly, I love to see it. Not the pushing to purchase the pack, but how by pushing the pack so hard they are essentially admitting it ain't selling so well. hehe. Looks like people really did vote with their wallets this time around.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Batuu is one of the best selling game packs ever made and gives the opportunity to give players the chance to play Batuu. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Is it really the first time a pack has been on 50% sale so shortly after its release? I think there were others but I could be mistaken.
    Yeah I think it's obvious by now JtB was very badly received but I'm pretty sure many people still bought it for 1 item or just to have all the packs.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?