Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spark'd gallery needs way better moderation

1235...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I put two entries in the Golden Age challenge and was looking through all the entries and cannot find either of mine there. They are still marked as entered on my Gallery page and I can't delete them now. Most of the entries are for young Sims and some have cc and it is a bit annoying when you have followed all the rules to find yours aren't in there at all.

There's a dead zone that the gallery seems to have. It stops loading after a number of pages so you managed to get enough "likes" to get into the dead zone, however, without giving people a direct link to your build to "like" you out of this dead zone, your plum. Basically you need a following on youtube or twitter or something to help you out and it really sucks. :/ This isn't really a contest on your ability IMO, as long as they leave this gallery the way that it is, it's a popularity contest.

Yes, this! This is the problem with the voting process. With all of the clutter, you can't even see all of the entries to actually "vote" properly.

And it's so obviously weighed in favor of those who already have a following or know how to "cheat" votes because those entries that don't even qualify get a bazillion votes anyway.

Maybe they should use the top voted qualifying entries and use their own judges to choose a few additional ones.

If getting the gallery to just load everything truely is that big of a challenge and simply not a doable thing, this is a reasonable solution. Even if fixing the gallery is possible, this is still a great idea though. Looking to simmers to point them in some directions, but they should be really looking at all of the entries themselves anyways.

I wonder too why there's no moderation this far in either. Is a staff member to remove and ban repeat offenders really that hard of a thing? It would really help us when we're voting too! (by ban I mean prevent them from uploading to the contest, they can still upload to the rest, just take that spark button away from them). I'm not a programmer and I certainly don't know how it all works, but I would think some sort of moderation would be possible since we can report things and those get dealt with.

Somebody should have been moderating every day and removing tags for those that don't apply, whilst keeping them in the general gallery of downloads so their builders or stylists don't lose them but don't stay in the challenge. That's what I would have done if in charge. All I can say is that most of those elders must be millionaires and more to own some of those houses too! A price limit would have been a good thing to apply to the challenge.

I don't think many Simmers actually read the rules but the challenge title didn't mention elders specifically I think.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited October 2020
    For sims at least, they didn't need a person moderating for Golden Age. Just a script to scan every upload and discard it if there is no elder in the household. And for the previous challenge 2 YA, adult or elder sims

Builds would really need several people to look at all the uploads.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited October 2020
    For sims at least, they didn't need a person moderating for Golden Age. Just a script to scan every upload and discard it if there is no elder in the household. And for the previous challenge 2 YA, adult or elder sims

Builds would really need several people to look at all the uploads.

The judges could do what they like but the poor old Simmers didn't want to have to trawl through all those ineligible ones to get to those that were proper entries did they? Plus I found they were all in my cache folder when I was checking it to see if it needed cleaning out later.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    This is so unfair. For the creature challenge, the top voted ones (by far, and both curiously made by the same person) are a college jock and a vampire. Basically 80% of the top 100 aren't either creatures we don't have in the game or just not creatures at all.

An average human sim gets 300 votes and the werewolf, frankenstein and catwoman I made have like 3.
  • sweetkateesweetkatee Posts: 2 New Member
    Same here and my entries seem to have disapeared
  • Molpe_MartaMolpe_Marta Posts: 7 New Member
    Guys, I have decided to do something about this crap.

1) Use the #realchallenge, let's make the challenge real!
    2) I'm gonna look for real creators and featuring them in my videos. I do not have a lot of subscribers, but during the Spark'd challenges people are watching, hope it will help ♥

You can find the first (a little angy) video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbICKzbvTlk&ab_channel=MolpethefirstSiren
  • SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    Thanks so much, @molpe_marta, love your initiative! :)
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    I wish Iv seen this before submitting my entries. Great initiative!

I feel so stupid when most of the the entries not even try to meet the challenge.
    And when it comes to voting you can vote between a mediocre suburban house or a mediocre suburban house.... With nothing that makes it mystic, scary, monster-like or even just a little tiny bit interesting. Just a freaking ordinary house.
    After about 10-15 times with regular houses to vote from, you get to choose between two amazing creations, where both entries meet the criteria of the challenge and go beyond your wildest dream. but you can only choose one of them. Seem so unfair when you just had to choose between all the normal and or even unfinished creations...

It really devaluate the amazing entries that exist when they drown in regular sim and builds.

I hope they get it moderated for next time.

Guys, I have decided to do something about this 🎃🎃🎃🎃.

1) Use the #realchallenge, let's make the challenge real!
    2) I'm gonna look for real creators and featuring them in my videos. I do not have a lot of subscribers, but during the Spark'd challenges people are watching, hope it will help ♥

You can find the first (a little angy) video here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbICKzbvTlk&ab_channel=MolpethefirstSiren
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I did the Wedding-type challenge with the idea that the parents were renewing their vows, and that their teen kids were able to attend it for the first challenge. Only got 4 votes total. I tried the Elderly challenge as well, but in both cases when the competition was going on, there were so many things that were in the top few that didn't even have anything to do with the challenges. I saw the creature one, and was pretty much like I should do that, and then I was like naw, it would be a waste of time.
  • Molpe_MartaMolpe_Marta Posts: 7 New Member
    Hey, guys.

To be honest, I am demotivated to even play the game, so I probably won't participate, When the top creatures are using CC, are not creations and do not have to be in English, what's the point? BUT I will still make videos about the amazing entries some people make, so if you make something, now use the hashtag #realholidaychallenge so we can see eachothers real creations ♥ You can also let me know on my channel (new video about this comming soon) https://www.youtube.com/c/MolpethefirstSiren
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Hey, guys.

To be honest, I am demotivated to even play the game, so I probably won't participate, When the top creatures are using CC, are not creations and do not have to be in English, what's the point? BUT I will still make videos about the amazing entries some people make, so if you make something, now use the hashtag #realholidaychallenge so we can see eachothers real creations ♥ You can also let me know on my channel (new video about this comming soon) https://www.youtube.com/c/MolpethefirstSiren

I didn't see any with CC, which ones are those? I see a few that I voted for, like the Wolf Pack, Orc and Doll. I confess I'm a little confused about the Witches and Ghosts though because they are creatures that already exist in the game and I thought the challenge was to make new ones?

Oh well. I still loved seeing what people came up with and have some potential new "townies" to put into my game. <3
    #Team Occult