The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WAY to many pop-ups in game

Is it just me or is there just WAY to many pop-ups in the game now. I’m constantly have to empty the box. It totally breaks my immersion in the game sometimes. I wish there was some way to manage them like a “never show this again” option. YES I know I live on an off the grid lot. I selected all items on the lot with that in mind. You don’t need to tell me every time I come home. YES a I know my baby or toddler is hungry. His/her sim mom has put her in a high chair and taken them back out before the poor little things could even eat 3 times In a row now. I’m working on it darn it! Yeah yeah I know I made a chair and it’s gonna be in the family inventory. You told me that the last 87 times I crafted something. *mutter mutter*

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    They really need a "never show this again" for the one that tells you where to find your screenshots. I have taken hundreds of them, I know how it works by now.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Yeah, they seriously need a "never show this again" option. Thank god I discovered I could take screenshots with Reshade. The screenshot notification was driving me insane.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    This started to annoy me in Sims 3, but it got really bad in Sims 4. It always breaks my immersion really badly as well. Add the phone calls in, and OMG - it's quitting time again. I really can't take all that.

For example, I really don't need to know every time a fish lands in my inventory. I already know I told my character to fish, and I know where to see what lands in my inventory. The play-by-play really explains the obvious, there's no need for that. This goes for any activity or endeavor, not just fishing.

I do, however, find the popups for work and school, etc. helpful when I'm playing multiple sims, or focused away from the sim that I'm playing at the moment for one reason or another. Those I don't mind as much.

I've always wished we could get a panel where we could toggle on or off which notifications we would like to get, because a blanket policy either way might affect needed function in one way or another.

Another game I play has a log that you can open and check whenever you want to see any notifications. That would work too, as long as there's no darn popups all of the dang time. It really is super frustrating.
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    They really need a "never show this again" for the one that tells you where to find your screenshots. I have taken hundreds of them, I know how it works by now.
    Why is still a thing? It drives me nuts. It's like the game is permanently in tutorial mode.
    iscQh5U.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I like the notifications. They keep me informed on things I miss sometimes.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I never mind notifications, maybe they could have an option to make them not show so those that want them can and those that don't wont have them. Wish they'd done that for invites too, bc I miss those, and don't want notifications to just go away too
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited October 2020
    Daephene wrote: »
    Why is still a thing? It drives me nuts. It's like the game is permanently in tutorial mode.

I think we get the screenshot notification so that you know that you have taken a screenshot, the text in it is irrelevant. Not that I know myself that I have taken a screenshot because I intentionally lined up my camera and pressed c. *sigh

This is just like those annoying messages that you get when you click "quit game" from the main menu in most games and the game asks you "are you sure?" Why else would I be selecting that?
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I like the notifications. They keep me informed on things I miss sometimes.

I do like the ones that keep me informed also. However they tend to get lost in the notification spam. I would give a kidney or have the option of “never show this again.” If you’re having a day of “let’s all up our skills” for example the pop-ups make me crazy 😜

• graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    Don't forget the phone notifications too! Even if you silence your phone, the pops up for jobs never stop when you have great reputation (because you got friends with your spouse and kids 🙄) also you get constantly asked for blind dates even you're married, the game needs to evolve..
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Don't forget the phone notifications too! Even if you silence your phone, the pops up for jobs never stop when you have great reputation (because you got friends with your spouse and kids 🙄) also you get constantly asked for blind dates even you're married, the game needs to evolve..

Oh gawd the phone thing is ridiculous. If you silence your phone it shouldn’t wake you up 3:00 am! I do that with my real life phone
    . It’s set to “do not disturb” from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I find some notifications useful, just not the ones that are more tutorial-like. Once you've learned where screenshots go, or that fish details are in your notebook, or how off-the-grid lots work, you don't need to see that every time. The specific ones telling you about what is happening in your game right now, like when sims get home and what their grade is, etc, are helpful.
    graventhe wrote: »

The phone is a whole other issue and one that bothers me much more. The endless job offers cause my sims have good reputations drive me insane. The texts and calls from ghosts can get lost as well. The only thing I liked about the phone was the invites out and they went and nerfed those so they don’t happen anymore.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I normally don’t have my notifications panel extended, and it bothers me when new ones hang on the screen. It would be better if it appeared for a few seconds and then disappeared- I know where to find it if I need it.

I also wish they had a timestamp from the in-game clock, not real time. Sometimes that’s relevant to me but it just says “a few minutes ago” or whatever. But I often “check trends” on the video station and go back to look at them again, forgetting exactly when they were checked so it’s less helpful than it could be.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    There are way too many and they are so repetitive. I especially dislike that when you have a lot of kids in a family - each one gets their own notification to go to school. Why can't there just be one to say it is time for school? I also dislike the ones about learning a fish - um, I don't care and that is why we have a notebook on the phone and a collections menu in the inventory.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Not to forget the green "You've taken a screenshot" popup :s

edited October 2020
    The fishing ones do annoy me. Like I don't care if Victor Feng learned about a new fish when I'm not even playing that family.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    I only want to get notifications concerning the household I'm currently playing, not for members of other played households who happen to be visiting the lot. How many times can one Sim learn the recipe for fabricated eco upgrade parts, anyway?
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    The fishing ones do annoy me. Like I don't care if Victor Feng learned about a new fish when I'm not even playing that family.

I've always thought these ones were a bug because they're so irrelevant :D
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Personally I think sims 4 is an improvement on the sims 3 notifications as they would always pause my game whereas sims 4 doesn’t and I just delete the whole lot in the box every so often.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Too many popups.

School
    Phone
    Career
    Festivals
    Etc

It’s too much
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Pop ups to me are in the middle of the screen and game play does not continue unless I choose something. Jungle adventures added a lot.

The most annoying are the job ones from EL. The toddlers even get them. I can handle notifications over on the side. I delete those every time my auto saves pops on. These EL messages go to all household members who are not even in that Eco career. With a household of 8 I have to respond 8 times twice a day. This has to be a bug or a mod but have not figured it out yet.

Then the parenthood pop ups. I have no use for these and it should be in game options to tick off like fame. I usually do not play with kids or teens because of parenthood pop ups.

To be honest with everyone I almost ready to stop playing TS4. I get so down every time I come to the forum because I am reminded about how much is wrong with this game. I like helping players and love the information/creative side of the forum but most of it drags me down. It's no ones fault. I feel that I have lost my passion for the Sims when I am on here. I either have to give up the forum and just play the game or quit both. I have not made up my mind yet. I have played TS4 almost 6000 hours and it just gets worse. They changed the new expansion pack for political reasons. (basically I feel EA was bullied) I fear for what is coming and what my money for packs is supporting!