Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Wish there was????

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    TygerxEyesTygerxEyes Posts: 2 New Member
    Honestly, I would like a simple fix that would require a bit of programing though it's merely changing - in the vernacular vs code - changes an equals to a greater than/equals.

1 - It makes sense to me that when you obtain an Advanced Degree that you will begin your career at a much higher rank.
    2 - It makes sense that you are not awarded promotional swag that you would accumulate by advancing from lower to higher rank.
    3 - It does **not** make sense that items you can purchase for your home remain blocked when you begin at a higher rank in your profession.

For example, I started as a Diamond Agent because I graduated Advanced Degree in Psychology (GPA: A-) but I am not allowed to purchase a 'secret' bookshelf door which is available at Level-Rank 7 in this profession. I should not get a free door as a promotional gift but I should be able to purchase all of the household items at a lower level.

So, rather than a Bookshelf Door = Rank 7, it is be written something more like Bookshelf >/= to Rank 7... so I can purchase the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing. It should apply to all such items in all professions. I mean, I as EA paid for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 extras, don't make this coding fluke a limiter as it makes no real sense. I asked about it on Steam Forum and the advice was cheats or gaming the game. It should not be so... just a silly oversight that should be corrected - out of fairness to my Sim and me as a gamer (I did pay for the expansion including the ability to go to college or graduate school) - so let me access the stuff I work for and earn.

Anyway, I think is in directly applies - I would like basic problems and glitches fixed.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I wish there were more forum users who understood when and how to employ the subjunctive voice. Because the title of this thread is wrong and it bugs me.

Things on my Sims wishlish: Werewolves and body hair.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited October 2020
    I wish we could lock skills and prevent sims from learning skills. Say I want my sims to be a bad cook. I can skill locked them at level one, giving them extra risk of burning the house down until I decide when or if they can improve. I think this would add to personalizing the sim.

Oh, I like this idea! Please give us the option to freeze their learning or slow it down for certain sims. I'd love it if a couple of my sims stayed lousy cooks, just like in reality. Just because a person can make scrambled eggs and cooks that dish every day for six months doesn't mean they suddenly have the ability to make lobster thermidor or bake a turkey.
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    As I already listed in another thread:

> Fence posts. We should be to place them ourselves, decide where a fence section begins and ends ourselves. Instead of either having fence posts placed automatically (which often results in awkwardness in the middle) or having fences extend into infinity.

> Open neighborhoods. Since the off-lot items on the neighborhood are already fully functional regardless of which of the neighborhood's lots we are on, and the items on other lots are all loaded up anyway I don't see why we can't access other lots in the same neighborhood without any loading screens.

> Trims in basements. I often use the smaller exterior trims in house interiors to decorate the edge of the floor, I see no reason why I can't do that between two basement floors.

> Placing and deleting individual floor tiles. I don't want to have to constantly tinker with room tools. Allow us to place individual floor tiles on available empty tiles (thus creating a room), or delete individual floor tiles in the room (thus creating a smaller, floorless room inside the room)

> CAS cheats. We should be able to use a cheat to see all hidden items in CAS without having to use mods to go into Live Mode and then permanently unlock them for the entire household with no way to reverse it afterwards.

> And lastly, changing apartment boundaries and public areas. Though I understand this one is not actually simple due to each apartment being technically its own lot, I think apartments *shouldn't have been each its own lots to begin with*. Instead, apartment buildings should be a single lot with multiple households living in them (like in Sims 2).

> Then we should've been able to open ALL of the building's apartments at once from Manage Worlds, with relevant markers for each area (make it require cheats to alter boundaries and see/move area markers if you need to), and then only limit players to a specific apartment when opening BuildBuy from Live Mode.
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    Also, we should have flat roofs and the ability to customize the height of roofs (for example, have the sloped roof start at greater elevation than than the floor), the same way we can do with foundations.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited October 2020
    Oh, so many things...mainly that give my sims more personality. That's for another thread. 😩

Small things? I'd like to see the ability to create custom radio stations and give sims personal biographies! :) A delete all sims or delete all homeless sims cheat would be nice, too.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I would love to have likes and dislikes, the zodiac signs, story progression back (I know its not for everyone).
    But what I would REALLY like back is the strangeness, the unpredictability and the difficulty that TS3 had. I just started playing TS3 again and in the first night for my poor sim, she was hit by a meteor shower, her house got set on fire because of it and then she got abducted by aliens! Now where in TS4 do you get something like that!? lol
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I wish sims had a whim to adopt a child. I just wish whims weren't being ignored right now and for them to update them. Since we have the ability to make sims that can't have children through more traditional means and the ability to have LGBT+ sims it just makes sense to me. Why put a feature in your game that is basically ignored by the sims themselves unless you actively tell them to do it? I bet a lot of sims players even forget adoption exists in game as well. If they can have the want to adopt a pet they should have the ability to want to adopt a child.

I also wish you were able to put a child up for adoption and for them, and children who have been taken away, to appear in the adoption options for another sim in town to adopt.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I wish you could delay invitations

I wish NPC Sims would be better hosts when visiting them. Like actually prepare food or something

I wish you could have your own styled looks or download them from the gallery

I wish for a a simple high school gradutation ceremony

I wish that every Expansion Pack includes NEW GAMEPLAY for kids and teens. Not recylcled not something converted... SOMETHING NEW AND EXCLUSIVE.

More Kids or Teen Events. Sleepover for example. sleeping bags
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I wish sims could step over objects, climb into bed from the front and kids could take selfies with their parents. Parents can kneel to hug their kids. Why can't they kneel to take a photo?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    Wish list: Neighborhood Editor, remove any tree and place objects in common areas.
    Pictures, I would like the TS2 Uni camera back so the family could take a family photo.
    Custom Paintings' folder like in TS2. Sims paint whatever I placed in the folder.
    I agree, invited to a party at a home and Sims are very bad hosts. Fix a meal or serve some food etc.
    Offer my Sims something to drink. Engage with my visting Sim. Offer to sit, conversation, invite to watch TV etc.
    Options to shop for a birthday present or other present for another Sim.
    Request a divorce and or file for one.
    Boarding school and military school for failing kids, instead of social worker. Not removed from family.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Beabea90Beabea90 Posts: 2 New Member
    Own farm animals like before
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    A world with at least 30 lots
  • Options
    SpruceGooseSpruceGoose Posts: 7 New Member
    Something that seems like it would be a "simple" thing to add to the game is the ability to turn individual packs on and off within the options menu. Just because I bought it, does not mean I want it on at all times, taking up space and clogging up my gameplay. Besides, there are times when you're playing a household that you really just wish certain packs WEREN'T on.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I'd really like my sims to be able to do basic things in the low autonomy mode, like using the toilet or make a meal when their starving or talk to increase their social needs. Or else, I would like to have fewer spontaneous behaviours in the high autonomy mode since these behaviours rarely reflect the sims character.

I'd also like Sims not to walk away from a kitchen sink to wash up in a bathroom on a different floor.

Finally, I'd like my sims to sleep through the night and wake at set times, regardless of the comfort of their beds.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    I'd really like my sims to be able to do basic things in the low autonomy mode, like using the toilet or make a meal when their starving or talk to increase their social needs. Or else, I would like to have fewer spontaneous behaviours in the high autonomy mode since these behaviours rarely reflect the sims character.

I'd also like Sims not to walk away from a kitchen sink to wash up in a bathroom on a different floor.

Finally, I'd like my sims to sleep through the night and wake at set times, regardless of the comfort of their beds.

Some of those problems have plagued Sims 4 for some time now like going to the bathroom to wash dishes when they are right by the kitchen sink. As shown EA/Maxis do not tweak the AI system as often as they should. Some of the problems that happens in Sims 4 existed in older versions as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    If we are talking about small things, I really wish you could teach toddlers nursery rhymes. That is actually adorable.

You can teach them nursery rhymes it's one of the options but i think it might be just 1 nursery rhyme but you can still do it.