Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What small surprises do you hope to see in Snowy?

We basically know from the announcements, trailer, and the description on origin what were getting. The only surprises left are probably build, buy, and the new relationship/personality thing. What do you hope is in this pack?

Me, ...
1. The very large screens. Ornate ones. I love those. <3
2. Japanese snowglobe <3
3. Japanese figurines for decor <3
4. The old style Geisha hair. <3
5. More plants
6. More bugs that we can hopefully collect
7. Japanese doll for girls, boy one for boys <3
8. Japanese jewelry
9. Fans that the women, girls, and toddler girls can hold, learn to use, toddlers gnaw on and hit floor and sometimes looks pretty holding them.
10. Suvenier shop

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Is number 6 those of the annoying game breaking kind? 😄

I'd like to see a surprise skiing ninja who can also tight rope walk along the cables supporting the cable cars.

But I will settle for working portable heaters.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm actually plotting on that floor sitting animation. I'm guessing it's only tied to that seat and table but we are getting closer and closer to the floor! 😁😅 I was kinda hoping this would bring back the posibility of picnics. And I couldn't see their legs under the table. I was hoping they sit cross legged
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    some new cute child and toddler interactions in the game.
    maybe some new toys
    hot chocolate you can make
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Japanese tattoos, rice cooker, new camera, TV and stereo, new flower arrangements, new board games like go and shogi, origami for children and up.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A Yeti and a Japanese food cart.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    The ability pools build pools in the mountain and use the sulani Items there >:)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The penguin.
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    Just any new romantic social interactions besides some new woohoo spot, i need more romance in this game so badly
    Laruhell wrote: »
    Just any new romantic social interactions besides some new woohoo spot, i need more romance in this game so badly

The thing is with these guys is that they won't add any new romantic actions in this pack if a romance pack is being considered (not in development, just being considered).

So you never know if we'll ever get the things we need to expand the game, like romance (not just woohoo and making out) or more interesting things for elders to do or giving toddlers, kids and teens, each, their own packs to expand their playability.

Yes, a GENERATIONS style of pack could cover a lot of these issues but, two things:
    1. They have already told us that a generation pack will not be coming but will be split into other packs. PARENTHOOD for example.
    2. With EPs being so much smaller, due to this bad idea of a game engine (which they don't seem to want to abandon), it's doubtful that we could ever get a generations pack as full as that one was.

Our best hope is future packs that address the generation issues even if they are split apart little by little.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I'm hoping for some interactions with new (ish) animations! It looks like Sims will be able to go on walks/outings together and I'm excited about that. I'm also hoping for new curtains/blinds, clutter items or a cooker hood :#
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2020
    • oden food cart
    • hina-ningyo display build/buy item
    • rice cooker appliance
    • origami
    • shamisen or taiko instruments
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    More autonomy improvements.

This
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

The thing is with these guys is that they won't add any new romantic actions in this pack if a romance pack is being considered (not in development, just being considered).

So you never know if we'll ever get the things we need to expand the game, like romance (not just woohoo and making out) or more interesting things for elders to do or giving toddlers, kids and teens, each, their own packs to expand their playability.

Yes, a GENERATIONS style of pack could cover a lot of these issues but, two things:
    1. They have already told us that a generation pack will not be coming but will be split into other packs. PARENTHOOD for example.
    2. With EPs being so much smaller, due to this bad idea of a game engine (which they don't seem to want to abandon), it's doubtful that we could ever get a generations pack as full as that one was.

Our best hope is future packs that address the generation issues even if they are split apart little by little.

The new Sentiments and Personalities may bring more romance stuff.
    I'm hoping for some interactions with new (ish) animations! It looks like Sims will be able to go on walks/outings together and I'm excited about that. I'm also hoping for new curtains/blinds, clutter items or a cooker hood :#

There are new blinds and they have pics on them. I saw them somewhere.

In the trailer when the kitchen is built. Black with a cat on it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

There is also one with a Japanese landscape on it and horizontal slats.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I am looking forward to the bugs that come with the pack. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    crocobaura wrote: »

There is also one with a Japanese landscape on it and horizontal slats.

Yes this is the one I saw.
  • ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    The Yeti or the Abominable Snowman.
    That those prayer cards/charms might be a random buyable item that will give you a buff when you have them in your inventory or display them in your home.
    That there's genuinely more cross-generational activities that sims can do together as families, where they'll interact with each other as they do it. Particularly with toddlers and children!
    Fans!
    The (implied?) new death of sims falling off a mountain or similar.
    I know it's a super long shot, but let me send my kids to private school in those new uniforms, please... ;w;
    Fried chicken and strawberry cream cake!
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Abominable snowman, frost monster, some kind of supernatural ( I miss them sooo much!) The penguin returning would be great, or even a little bouncy freezer bunny dancing around here and there. Hot chocolate would be nice as a winter activity but to be honest, somewhere different to build will be nice if there are to be no supernaturals.

Holding out hope of a lifesize angry freezerbunny taking over the town if he isn't appeased.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    I hope we get some Japanese inspired ghost states and a few spirits, even if they're just glowies like the island living spirits.

I'm also all for those school uniforms to be functional. I'm sick of sims going to school in their pajamas
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I had a weird dream last night that the gameplay trailer revealed a new occult so I guess that's what I'm hoping for haha. Doubt it though.
    I hope injuries are a thing and not sales speak to get our attention. It said "Hit up the onsen bathhouse to soak your sim's problems (and injuries) away". That implies that there will be injuries. I hope they are real and not just buffs "from being sore after falling while skiing" type of silly thing.

I'd love it if your sim could need to wear a cast on their leg (like a boot) or an arm cast like a glove. It could be added or removed via CAS. Other sims could ask what happened or give sympathy or (if they are like my friends) laugh at your clumsiness.