Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help! Cannot see, move or remove doors!

Please help! I cannot see, move or remove doors!
I see the space of the door in the wall, but not the door itself.
So I cannot click, select, move or remove the door.

But as long as I select a door from the inventory, my door in the wall shows up.
But with a selected door I can not select or change my door in the wall.
When I deselect the door from the inventory, my door in the wall gets invisible again.

This does not affect all my my doors, but most of them.

Can you please help me?

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    Are you on half walls up or fall walls up?
  • OribaOriba Posts: 41 Member
    full walls
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    I wish I knew what to tell you. My doors are acting weirdly too. They become locked.. and I can’t unlock them, so my sims are stuck in what ever room they happen to be in. I ended up having to delete all the doors and busting a hole in the wall so they could get out. Have you tried exiting the game? Do you have mods? If not it may be a bug.
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    edited October 2020
    Also. Pardon me if this is a dumb question. But do you have all walls up when trying to move or change doors? You can not select doors when walls are down.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited October 2020
    There’s at least one door (from Get Together with a stone surround) that is buggy right now. You can see the frame, but not the door. I haven’t tried fiddling with one but I’ve seen it. @Oriba have you tried a variety of doors to see if it’s just the one you’re trying to use? ETA sorry I just re-read your post. Which door is it that has the problem?
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Had same issue as @shokorose with doors - suddenly sims could not go through them - had to remove them, which I was able to do. Doors really seem glitchy lately.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    There’s at least one door (from Get Together with a stone surround) that is buggy right now. You can see the frame, but not the door. I haven’t tried fiddling with one but I’ve seen it. @Oriba have you tried a variety of doors to see if it’s just the one you’re trying to use? ETA sorry I just re-read your post. Which door is it that has the problem?

All of my Get Together doors/windows have been messed up for at least a month 😞 hope they fix it soon. OP if you're using GT items you might just have to use a different pack for now because I at least haven't seen a fix yet :/
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The GT doors/windows seem to have broke when they patched in some sort of window capability in Build Mode (forget exactly what it was). A lot of CC windows and doors also broke with that patch. If you're using CC check with the creator and see if there's a fix for it. (Not saying the OP or anyone is using CC, but just in case...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)