Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the weather like where you are?

Comments

• notthatbellagothnotthatbellagoth Posts: 20 Member
    Very smoky. Did not opt into a campfire. Nature please.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    More cosy autumn rain on colourful leaves - time to make some Apple Pie Spice 😊
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    We've entered a La Niña event, meaning it's soggy.
    It rained buckets on sunday, and is doing the same today.
    La Niña means we're expecting a wet spring, and a wet early summer... Sprummer? Wet Sprummer. But may end up with a worse fire season that we had last summer, though late, and maybe shorter than last time.

I hate hot weather. Wet and hot is worse. It's coolish today, but a wet start to summer will be disgusting.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    11 degrees
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    La Niña means we're expecting a wet spring, and a wet early summer... Sprummer? Wet Sprummer. But may end up with a worse fire season that we had last summer, though late, and maybe shorter than last time.

I hate hot weather. Wet and hot is worse. It's coolish today, but a wet start to summer will be disgusting.

Why is it called "the girl"
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king

Why is it called "the girl"

The counterpart, the dry event, is called El Niño. Apparently the girl is cold and wet while the boy is hot and dry.
    It started with El Niño being named by Peruvian fishermen, for the weather event that occurs near south america around christmas time. Eventually the other half of the weather event was named as it's opposing counterpart. Generally the opposite of boy is girl.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    It's been very fall-like here, cold enough that we shiver under the blankets at night without the heat on, but we still don't have all the storm windows on, so we caved and turned the heat on a little, but it was cold enough in the house recently that finding any excuse to fill the oven with food to cook, was welcome. Been cooking and baking a lot because it's so cold and miserable, and today it was forbiddingly grey, til it started pouring that cold, hard rain that dampens Sims' spirits so. Nice to be indoors. Poor hubs, out in it. But at least he'll come home to lots of good hot food.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    😊 Another sunny but cold autumn day with lots of beautiful leaves on the ground.
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    Seriously rainy and windy.
    There are some days when the autumn rain falls peacefully and gently, but not today... ^^’ It just kept pouring down...
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Very windy & rainy
    Very windy & rainy
    ❄️ Frost covered ground here tonight ^^ ❄️
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Windy and rainy
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    It was 35C and sunny here today.
    But I dread tomorrow. The forecast is for 43C.
    And Monday is supposed to be 23C.

I don't think summer will be fun.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 814 Member
    Overcast
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    The forecast didn't include a freaking dust storm!
    I kinda expected it though.

I opened the front door, and a bunch of war-boys rode past.
    madmax-furyroad-gifs-9-26577.gif?ssl=1
    edited November 2020
    Dark and rainy all day - It’s November after all...
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited November 2020
    Really windy, rainy, dark and cold. Wind is a bit too strong not a good idea to drive on the highway without being blown away.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

It was 35C and sunny here today.
    But I dread tomorrow. The forecast is for 43C.
    And Monday is supposed to be 23C.

I don't think summer will be fun.

Being that you posted this two days ago, it appears your weather is basically identical to where I am. I'm going to assume you are in Australia and you are probably not far from me.

Yesterday got into the high 30s before a change came through, but I made the most of it by taking a swim at the beach. Low 20s expected today, but I quite like warm weather and am looking forward to upcoming warm temps on Wed/Thur this week. Might take another trip to the beach - if this sudden, unexpected COVID cluster doesn't spread from the northern suburbs down to the south. We were doing so well for a good while.... :'(

We are in the same state.
    Hopefully our state will handle the current situation better than Vic did.

As for the weather, today was really nice. About 23C, sunny, and with a nice breeze off the sea. But without the breeze, it was fly eating weather. :/
    In the 40's...very brisk & sunny outside
    Above freezing, grey with a whitish cast that fortells the snow we're expecting. Bleak, dry, and still. I like it.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Hi below freezing, with wind chill bringing it to single digits. Brrr.

Good night to pop anything in the oven just to add warmth.

xicwqMCm.jpg