Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight October 9 - A week on The Sims forums

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

(Yes, you are seeing this right - Friday Highlights on Fridays are back! 🎉)

Do you have any plans for the weekend?
And while we are at this: what is your favourite autumn activity? Maybe going for a long walk, watching a spooky movie (I watched The Addams Family again last night! :)), carving pumpkins, or making a nice apple cobbler? :)

This past week has been an exciting one. We had a patch on October 6 (you can find the patch notes here) and we are celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with some cool Hispanic Heritage items that were included in the last update!

Let's see what else happened on the forum. :smiley:

2odmiinurtbb.png
@Onverser's screenshot (that isn't bad at all!) is showcasing some of the Hispanic Heritage items. You can find it here. :)

But enough chit-chat, I know what you all are here fore - these are today's Highlights:
  • Are you looking for a new challenge? I came across @IllusoryThrall's thread "100 day creativity challenge - CAS & build" and loved the concept of it! So, let your creative juices flow and share your amazing creations! :heart:
  • Now, the days are getting shorter and the weather is getting really meh so that leaves more time to stay inside and finally work on all the building ideas you've been having! But if you need some inspiration, check out @gemchiara's thread "Gemchiara's lots" and I'm sure it'll give you great ideas. :relieved:
  • There are a good few threads on this forum talking about all the stuff that Simmers have done in the game - but @SimAlexandria turned things around and asked "What have you not done?" I'm totally intrigued - what is still on your to-do list? :relaxed:
  • Let's talk about lots and worlds for a sec - I'd love to see your replies to @pergog's question: "Do you prefer open worlds or open lots?". I have to say, I'm a bit torn because both options have their pros and cons; for now, I'd say I prefer being able to freely stroll around the place ... 🤔
  • I know we had a few threads like this in the past, but don't you also feel that a "'Stroll down memory lane' thread" is lovely every once in a while? Then join @Nikkei_Simmer and share your favourite memories with the Sims 3 community! :)

I hope you find today's Highlights entertaining and enjoyed the picks. You know by now how this works - if you have any recommendations for future Friday Highlights, please send them on!

Have a fantastic weekend and take care! :heart:

- Leeloo

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My favorite autumn activity is eating. I am not sure if it counts though since it is also my spring, summer and winter favorite activity as well! :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Thanks for the screenshot share! :)
  • CarmillaVampireCarmillaVampire Posts: 15 Member
    My favorite fall activity is watching horror movies, as well as building houses in the sims 4! Everything that has to do with terror is something I like, these colors are not my thing, but I would love to do something Mexican with all those new elements!
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited October 2020
    To be clear, just getting the column again in my feed and glad to see someone different running this thread. There needed to be some change. Hope things will be better.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    @MsKatieRose, EA_Leeloo has been posting the highlights since July when EA_Mai left. I'm curious what changes you're speaking of.

This was EA_Mai's last highlights thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978582/friday-highlight-july-10th-a-week-on-the-sims-forums#latest
    edited October 2020
    @MsKatieRose, EA_Leeloo has been posting the highlights since July when EA_Mai left. I'm curious what changes you're speaking of.

This was EA_Mai's last highlights thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/978582/friday-highlight-july-10th-a-week-on-the-sims-forums#latest

The change in person moderating it. That is of course, the change I am referring to. I only recently noticed it because I stopped getting the page on my menu. In fact, It just started appearing again yesterday. Interesting EA_Mai left right after my complaints, lol. Either way, hope that answers your question. Have a great day!
    Btw, nice screen shot using the new items. I just created a park area in Del Sol Valley using some of the same build stuff including the new Hispanic month grill.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Where do I find the Hispanic Heritage items. I have the grill and a pot, but can't find the outdoor tables and chairs, they aren't with all the other outdoor furniture - or am I missing something?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ObiwanxKannoliObiwanxKannoli Posts: 19 Member
    Love the Hispanic Heritage items! Already using them in my new builds <3
  • Ericabadu2Ericabadu2 Posts: 5 New Member
    My favorite fall activities are spending time with my family and eating good food and having a relaxing day and when the sun starts to set ,siting in my room playing a hectic game of the sims while drinking a warm glass of cider! <3
  • Ericabadu2Ericabadu2 Posts: 5 New Member
    Oh and I know that this has nothing to do really with the sims but I just finished the On My Block series and now I'd really like to embrace that Mexican culture with the new items! <3
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Sul sul!
    I got a bit delayed replying to your lovely comments but better late than never, eh? ;)

@DoloresGrey It totally counts!!! :heart: Things taste different in autumn, like hot chocolate (I mean, it's always delish but tastes best in autumn & winter) and the same goes for food - shoutout to all our fellow Simmers in the US and their Thanksgiving! :smiley:

@Onverser You are very welcome! It is such a lovely screenshot! :love:

@IllusoryThrall Totally deserved, I really like your challenge concept and simply had to share it! :relaxed:

@CarmillaVampire I'm totally on the same page. I LOVE horror movies (and building houses in Sims 4 ofc even though I'm definitely not a builder!).
    The colours might not be everyone's cup of tea but sometimes something like that can be a great incentive to move out of your comfort zone. :)

@MsKatieRose It's great that you've been enjoying the new items and have been incorporating them into your builds! And I'm glad you're getting notifications about the Friday Highlights again.
    EA_Mai left because of new, great opportunities a while ago as @simgirl1010 pointed out. :) But I'm also curious about what you felt needed changing, and, having said that, if you feel there is still a need for change, you can always reach out to me via DM. Feedback is certainly welcome!

@February11 Have you been able to find the items in the meantime? :heart:

@ObiwanxKannoli I'm delighted you're enjoying the items and have been finding a place for them in your new builds! :relieved:

@Ericabadu2 Your favourite fall activities sound amazing! There's nothing better than spending a relaxing day with your loved ones and eating amazing food! Playing the Sims is always a great activitiy of course but it's even better during the darker months! :grin:
    That's beautiful! Have you been using the Hispanic Heritage items since you finished your On My Block series?
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »

@February11 Have you been able to find the items in the meantime? :heart:

Yes, I found the murals and the chairs. Is there an outdoor table, as yet I've been unable to find it?
    MLgj4Vx.png