Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should younger sims who have been taken from their homes be placed for adoption or foster care?

Or should adults with an unrelated baby, toddler, or child living in their home, have the option to adopt that sim, if their parents are no longer around, or the parents have exhibited deplorable child rearing methods?

Comments

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Yes to all of this. I have been wanting something similar to this since ts3 days.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There's a setting for this in the MC Command Center mod; you can have toddlers/children in inactive households moved to another household if the parents die or if there's been neglect. I'd love to have the option of adopting those children though, either in the regular adoption pool or some sort of special notification (for example if your Sims have a child that's friends with the child in question).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Wait, it's not? so does the child gets removed from the game completely?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Yes. At least that's my understanding.
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    Yes to all of this. I have been wanting something similar to this since ts3 days.

Or (if an adult is the active sim) they can click on the infant, toddler, or child sim, and click on "adopt," or (if that particular child is the active sim), "ask to be adopted."
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    100% yes. I don't know why we this isn't a feature yet. I wonder if the coding for it is impossible, or if the devs just don't want to try.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member

Yes, in the code it's actually listed as a type of death, though they don't turn to ghosts they are completely removed.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    100% yes. I don't know why we this isn't a feature yet. I wonder if the coding for it is impossible, or if the devs just don't want to try.

There's mods that do it, so it must be possible.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

Yes, in the code it's actually listed as a type of death, though they don't turn to ghosts they are completely removed.

That's just sad from the sim parents perspective.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    Yet another feature that is more advanced in The Sims 2 than Sims 4 :/

Seriously, they should consider implementing this, it made for great storylines in TS2.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I've wanted this ever since I discovered they were actually removed! It would be great for story lines and it never made sense to me why they were just deleted and not put into the adoption pool. Often times I have other sims who would be happy to care for that child!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love the options for my sims family to adopt. I started out with a Scientist that got abducted & gave birth to twin Alien babies. So I got him to meet, fall-in-love & marry a lady. Unfortunately, she can only be good friends with her Husband's twins. I would love for her to be a Step-Mom/Adopted Mom for the twins.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yes, it is deleted from game. This is only one example of why some of us state TS4 is so shallow in depth and gameplay opportunities. In TS2 the child will be the next available child to adopt by a different family or Sim. And the previous parent will still sometimes come by and visit that child if they know that family. Of may just drop by, drop in. Simply deleting a Sim is one of the biggest shallow things I think the game does. It's as bad as a player just deleting the mom or dad and the other Sims in Ts4 not even remembering they ever had one. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I don’t see why they can’t change it. If a team of modders can fix the adoption system, then EA can, and unlike with controllable pets, they can’t use the realism excuse this time.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Yes, yes, and yes. This is the main reason that pushed me into getting a mod to do so. It just seemed so unfair that the little pixels were deleted (or "whisked away" as the game puts it) because of events in the game. Limits one in telling stories.
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Yes, after the weird experience I had early on in Sims3. I lost the two children, a toddler and her infant brother to a glitch that hadn't at that time been addressed. The Dad sat on the floor to teach his toddler daughter had to talk and got stuck there. Mom finally got home from work, but she wasn't able to release the toddler, nor to feed her. She took care of the infant, however. But Dad was stuck to the floor! Long sad tale, shorter, both children were taken away. Odd, how the Social Worker could free the girl, when the mother was unable. :open_mouth: Eventually, the heart-broken couple had more children. Sim-years later one of their sons brought home another Sim from school. Guess who it was?

Yes, the now older infant (he bore the very same name and a resemblance to the parents). I hunted and hunted and hunted for ages for the lost girl never to find her.

It would be great should such an unfortunate thing befall me again, to have both the (babies, really) be made available for others to adopt. They should show up in the roster at the very least.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    It is actually possible to have adoptions/foster care in The Sims 2.

1. Let the parents die and the child to be left in the house all alone.
    2. The social worker will come to take away the child.
    3. The child will be the first in line in the adoption queue.
    4. Have another family adopt the child. That child will be exactly the same child who lost his/her parents.

Fun Fact: Orphaned children in The Sims 2 can hang out as a Townie in the neighborhood.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    It would be a good idea to be able to adopt an abandoned child from the Social services. They might be at least part trained!
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    teens should be able to be adopted also, under the household adopt an infant, toddler, child, teen.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    It probably has to do with how it was originally coded, TS4 was supposed to be an online multiplayer game, they probably figured everybody would just play as young adults, socializing with each other, and never have families with kids, teens, or toddlers and added them as an afterthought once they decided to go single player and never thought about that scenario.